What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Stefon Diggs, HOU (2 Viewers)

Stefon Diggs - WR -  Vikings

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Stefon Diggs (knee) is expected to play Week 13 against the Patriots.

This is not a surprise after Ben Goessling of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reported the same on Friday. Diggs' matchup with the Patriots is not the best, and his history of struggles while playing through injury is a concern. Still, he remains a high-end WR2.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Dec 1 - 11:48 PM

Per Schefter/Twitter (8:44a EST):

Vikings' WR Stefon Diggs' knee swelled overnight and he now needs to test it pregame to determine whether he can play today against the New England Patriots, per league source. Diggs back to being questionable today.

Rotoworld take:

Stefon Diggs (knee) is active for Week 13 against the Patriots.

So is top corner Xavier Rhodes (hamstring). Both were game-time decisions. Diggs was uncertain for Sunday's game after his injured knee swelled up overnight, but showed enough in pre-game warmups to get the green light. It's not an ideal matchup for Diggs, who will likely line up against Stephon Gilmore. Regardless, Diggs belongs in all fantasy lineups. WR Chad Beebe, RB Mike Boone, LB Devante Downs, DT Jalyn Holmes, C Brett Jones, TE David Morgan and QB Kyle Sloter are inactive for Sunday's game in Foxboro.

Source: Minnesota Vikings on Twitter 

Dec 2 - 2:59 PM

The Vikings are on MNF this week. Will we be watching and hoping Diggs can get enough points to win us a first round playoff game?

@ChrisTomasson

#Vikings injury report lists Eric Kendricks out of practice with a rib injury. Also out, as noted before, Trae Waynes, Chad Beebe, David Morgan. Xavier Rhodes (hamstring) was a full participant and WR Stefon Diggs (knee) was limited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stefon Diggs (knee) will play in Week 14 against the Seahawks.

This is a tremendous sign for Diggs, as he was taken off the team's injury report Saturday morning. He was only able to muster one limited session before playing a reduced role in Week 13, but should be a full go following his early clearance for Monday night. As always when he's healthy, Diggs is a strong WR2 on an offense that scrapped the run weeks ago.

Source: Minnesota Vikings on Twitter 

Dec 8 - 1:36 PM

Stefon Diggs' brother, Trevon Diggs, posted a cryptic Instagram photo of the Vikings wideout in a Redskins uniform.

The photo can be viewed in the link below. This will likely amount to nothing, but it's worth noting the cap-strapped Vikings would save $12.4 million on the books if Diggs was, for whatever reason, shipped to Washington. In his final season with Minnesota, new Skins starter Case Keenum did hit Diggs for 57/756/6 in 14 starts together. Minnesota likely won't even consider trading their 25-year-old stud wideout.

RELATED: 

Washington Redskins

SOURCE: Instagram

Mar 16, 2019, 12:47 PM

just reluctantly traded for this guy. dont make me dislike him even more 

I am curious though if another buyer from the OBJ and Antonio brown sweepstakes was sniffing around Diggs. Would make no sense for MIN as they are in a win now mode

just reluctantly traded for this guy. dont make me dislike him even more 

I am curious though if another buyer from the OBJ and Antonio brown sweepstakes was sniffing around Diggs. Would make no sense for MIN as they are in a win now mode
Good point. Goodness knows the Skins need some playmakers. Worse case scenario he can still catch 100 passes with Keenum. Although as a owner as well...I would much prefer him to stay in Minny. With Thielen hitting 29 this year not sure why they would rid themselves of Diggs when they are very much in contention still.

Stefon Diggs (hamstring) did not participate in practice Wednesday.

Diggs was on the field, but he was the only Vikings player not in uniform when the media was present for practice. He did participate in stretching and light individual drills, but this is now something to obviously keep an eye on ahead of the opener against the Falcons.

SOURCE: Mark Craig on Twitter

Sep 4, 2019, 2:25 PM ET

Weird. This is awfully close to the season to be missing practice. Week one home opener against the Falcons, they’re gonna need to be at full strength. 

Stefon Diggs (hamstring) is officially questionable for Week 1 against the Falcons.

When asked about Diggs' availability, Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said, "We'll see." Diggs has historically struggled while playing through an injury designation, but the matchup is too good at home to drop him outside of the top-20 receivers if he's active, something we expect after he returned with limited practices on both Thursday and Friday.

SOURCE: Chris Tomasson on Twitter

Sep 6, 2019, 3:00 PM ET

Not in a luxurious position where I have an investment. Roll the dice on him or DK. Ick. 

Hes never played a full season. 

Stefon Diggs (questionable, hamstring) is expected to play in Week 1 against the Falcons.

It was always trending this way once Diggs returned to practice (on a limited basis) Thursday. Despite this juicy matchup against the Falcons taking place indoors, Diggs needs to be downgraded given his average 4.3/37.3/0.1 receiving line in the six games he's played through injury in his career. Adam Thielen remains a strong WR1 on Sunday.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Sep 8, 2019, 6:37 AM ET

I've got Kirk in 1 league backing him up

I've got Courtland Sutton/Desean Jackson in another

Would you bench him for those? 

I've got one league where Dante Pettis is the backup, and I'm rolling with Pettis. 

Andrew Krammer @Andrew_Krammer

Diggs is among five #Vikings receivers, including Josh Doctson, running routes for QBs about 1 hr 45 mn before kickoff. But Conklin is not on the field with TEs right now.

Stefon Diggs (hamstring) is active for Week 1 against the Falcons.

Diggs will start alongside Adam Thielen, with Chad Beebe working in the slot for 3-WR sets. Inactive for the Vikings are: WR Josh Doctson, CB Mike Hughes, G Dru Samia, T Oli Udoh, TE Tyler Conklin, DT Jaylyn Holmes and DT Armon Watts for Week 1 against the Falcons.

SOURCE: Vikings on Twitter.

Sep 8, 2019, 11:25 AM ET

Stefon Diggs caught 2-of-2 targets for 37 yards in the Vikings' Week 1 win over the Falcons.

Diggs' lack of production will be another piece of evidence that he shouldn't be rostered when playing through an injury designation, but it's tough to take much away from any pass catchers in an offense that had just 10 total pass attempts. Diggs looked healthy enough when on the field, although it seems unlikely the Vikings will be able to consistently enable multiple fantasy-relevant WRs in this run-first offense. Diggs is probably better approached as a lower-end WR2 ahead of next week’s matchup against the Packers.

Sep 8, 2019, 4:53 PM ET

Anyone seen any updates on Diggs and his hammy?

Should've known better, dude is always banged up. Couldn't resist the upside compared to other WRs at the 3/4 turn.

I wouldn't sweat the week 1 performance.  they threw 10 passes which is unsustainable.   
This. The game script will not always go this way. This is a new offense but it’s not a run it 80% of the time.

Diggs and Thielen will eat in that offense ESPECIALLY if teams have to respect the run.

So what are people doing with him?  I have him in a long TD bonus league but I'm tempted to dump him.  I mean I guess he could get some volume if the vikes get behind, but they really don't want to throw

They realize Cousins isnt a too qb, so theu are asking him to not suck. This workload is unsustainable for Cook. I expect him to turn it around enough, but I would put him in WR2 territory

Users who are viewing this thread