What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

? Pre-Season Games thread. Observation catch-all. (2 Viewers)

He said he's bigger, stronger and faster than he's ever been. That's scary. It was also nice to see after hearing all offseason how Atlanta is gonna run the ball 80 times a game.

Put me in the camp that says you get your rookie QB as much preseason action as possible Not sure why you don't let Mariota finish out the half there.

Gus averaged 3 yards per carry and that is seen as good? Those are Trent Richardson numbers. You cant be serious. Randle owners are not worried.

I agree with the Mettenberger chit chat in the media this evening....dude should get a start somewhere. There are at least five teams where he'd be the #1.

If you're the Bills how are you not on the phone with the Titans?

Tyler Lockett as good as advertised. 4 Returns 46yard ave 103 yard TD.

One of the things Seattle needed.

O-line is pretty sketchy and the depth is worst.( I know it's game 1)

O-line is pretty sketchy and the depth is worst.( I know it's game 1)
My personal theory... They are hesitant to give money to Kam because they are wanting to see what OGs hit the bricks due to being a cap casualty from other teams. My guess is Seattle doesn't have anyone "winning" the battle at LG. That seems to be only real explanation for having four guys in the running.

Nice drive from Oswieler to end the half. Put the ball in some tight spots. Hillman also showing some explosion through the holes and to the outside.

Just a few too many drive settled for FGs. Need to fix that

Lockett obviously had the nice return TD, was he on the field much on offense? I see he wasn't targeted. As a mid-round rookie I figured he'd get plenty of reps...but then again as the best return man they've had in ages maybe they aren't risking him.

Bills/Panthers

*Based only on what I saw.

- McCoy will likely be very involved in the passing game this year. The QB situation is bad to the point where I'm not even sure if they will find the check downs but I think McCoy will have a bunch of designed pass plays for him.

- Benjamin is going to be Cam's guy this year. He outsized/worked both Gilmore and Darby to make a couple solid catches. He also broke up what should have been a pick. For a preseason game I think Cam got overwhelmed by the first team Bills D and Kelvin was clearly the guy he looked for.

- The Bills CBs looked suspect. They aren't bad players but I don't think they are good enough to hold up against teams that have a mentally strong QB. Pressure and run stopping will be the Bills strengths.

I thought the Bills left McCoy in for too long.

They had some good blocking for Bryce Brown and Karlos Williams who I thought ran with some good power and even made a catch at one point.

Bills/Panthers

*Based only on what I saw.

- McCoy will likely be very involved in the passing game this year. The QB situation is bad to the point where I'm not even sure if they will find the check downs but I think McCoy will have a bunch of designed pass plays for him.

- Benjamin is going to be Cam's guy this year. He outsized/worked both Gilmore and Darby to make a couple solid catches. He also broke up what should have been a pick. For a preseason game I think Cam got overwhelmed by the first team Bills D and Kelvin was clearly the guy he looked for.

- The Bills CBs looked suspect. They aren't bad players but I don't think they are good enough to hold up against teams that have a mentally strong QB. Pressure and run stopping will be the Bills strengths.
Cant remember where I saw it but a quote from Rex was along the lines of 'I wanna see Shady Rush for 1000 yards and Receive for 1000 yards.

Is he be pushing Roman to involve the RBs a lot more in the passing game?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread