What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 FanDuel - Week 2 (1 Viewer)

FANDUEL LINE UP

QB Sam Bradford PHI V DAL
RB Latavius Murray OAK V BAL
RB Bishop Sankey TEN @ CLE
WR Julio Jones ATL @ NYG
WR Antonio Brown PIT V SF
WR Jordan Matthews PHI V DAL
TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins TB @ NO
K Zach Hocker NO V TB
D Baltimore Ravens BAL @ OAK

Last edited by a moderator:
if McCoy is out:

T Taylor

Karlos Williams

D Woodhead

Antonio Brown

B Cooks

ODB

Gronk

Catanzaro

Saints

Opinions?

Is Sankey really a play this week? I just have a feeling that folks are way overreacting to week 1. Ditto CJ0.75K. I'm just not sure I can bring myself to roster those 2 guys. Am I allowing my personal bias to get in the way of reasonable plays?

Is Sankey really a play this week? I just have a feeling that folks are way overreacting to week 1. Ditto CJ0.75K. I'm just not sure I can bring myself to roster those 2 guys. Am I allowing my personal bias to get in the way of reasonable plays?
He's the only back in the same price range as Abdullah, Woodhead, Spiller who's the lead back on his team. I dont love him but that's who fits in after plugging in the other guys I wanted. He did look good last weekend and he's playing a worse defense this week.

Trotting out Jameis Winston in a few lineups this week. Really liking the flexibility he offers to the rest of my lineup.
I'm coming around to this line of thinking. All of my early lineups had Tyrod Taylor & the NO defense, but Winston has many positives in his favor:

• He has really good skill players surrounding him on offense.
  • Tampa will likely be behind in the second half - allowing for some garbage time stats
  • The N.O. pass defense is not very good
  • He's been hearing all week about how Mariota is the better quarterback. I'm sure he'd like to make a statement.

He's the only back in the same price range as Abdullah, Woodhead, Spiller who's the lead back on his team. I dont love him but that's who fits in after plugging in the other guys I wanted. He did look good last weekend and he's playing a worse defense this week.
I also have Sankey radar because he's playing my Browns. Agree that Abdullah and Woodhead are the other two plays in that price range that I'll probably invest in. I would not touch Spiller in cash games even if he's playing.

Itchy Amos said:
Trotting out Jameis Winston in a few lineups this week. Really liking the flexibility he offers to the rest of my lineup.
I'm coming around to this line of thinking. All of my early lineups had Tyrod Taylor & the NO defense, but Winston has many positives in his favor:

• He has really good skill players surrounding him on offense.
  • Tampa will likely be behind in the second half - allowing for some garbage time stats
  • The N.O. pass defense is not very good
  • He's been hearing all week about how Mariota is the better quarterback. I'm sure he'd like to make a statement.
Saints pass rush is no bueno. Secondary is banged up, and it always seems like rookie QBs have a field day with the D. I'm going in.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Saints are not actually a good team. I am fitting Doug Martin into some of my teams and hoping that TB can bounce back after their week 1 disaster.

Couple of current cash game lineups:

Brees, Hyde, Sankey,Cooks, Matthews, Garcon, Gronkowski, Franks and Rams

Palmer, Sankey, Ingram, A Brown, J Brown, S Smith, Eifert, Hocker and Dolphins

Want some NO exposure in every cash lineup this week, as I just think Tampa is a bad, bad D. I like the Brees/Cooks stack and Palmer/J Brown stack as well.

Still thinking about GPP lineups

if McCoy is out:

T Taylor

Karlos Williams

D Woodhead

Antonio Brown

B Cooks

ODB

Gronk

Catanzaro

Saints

Opinions?
If McCoy is out, Karlos Williams is an absolute must IMO. He already led the team in yards in Week 1 and he found paydirt. I was leaning toward Tyrod in my cash lineups because of the trio of elite WRs it allowed me, but I've got to pivot off of Tyrod if I'm trotting his RB teammate out there. I'm still waiting for Dodds and MT to update their projections for Karlos Williams, but I'm loving this lineup:

Sam Bradford

Karlos Williams

Ameer Abdullah

Julio Jones

Antonio Brown

Larry Fitzgerald

Rob Gronkowski

Zach Hocker

Carolina

I really liked having Julio, AB84 and Jordan Matthews in my lineup, but I'll happily make the switch to Fitz this week, if it means getting Gronk in my cash games. I think of all weeks this season, Gronk's ownership will be relatively low given his matchup, but I'll roll the dice on him over ASJ or Jordan Reed 10/10 times.

I was looking at:

Bradford

Forsett/Ingram

Sproles

Antonio Brown

Julio

Matthews

ASJ

Josh Brown

Carolina

However, a lot of people are not on Sproles from the RG and even the DK pros. DK has their podcast witih Levitan, Al Smizzle and CSURAM. Even at 3500 on DK they did not like Sproles for cash.

Once you move up from Sproles to even Ameer you have to change your lineup around. I even thought about changing Brown to Brandin Cooks and Sproles to Lamar Miller in a favorable matchup.

Yeah Cunningham's pretty much off my lineups for now.

Like others, I REALLY want the Julio/Antonio/Matthews trio at WR but so many of the value RBs are on the road, which scares me.
I yanked both him and Reed from anything that locks Thurs. If either guy is still projected this way on Sunday, I'll use them in Sunday games. You just can't risk anything in Thurs cash games and I could seen news causing Dodds to pull the plug on those 2 projections. Same with DWalker.

I was looking at:

Bradford

Forsett/Ingram

Sproles

Antonio Brown

Julio

Matthews

ASJ

Josh Brown

Carolina

However, a lot of people are not on Sproles from the RG and even the DK pros. DK has their podcast witih Levitan, Al Smizzle and CSURAM. Even at 3500 on DK they did not like Sproles for cash.

Once you move up from Sproles to even Ameer you have to change your lineup around. I even thought about changing Brown to Brandin Cooks and Sproles to Lamar Miller in a favorable matchup.
If you're not set on stacking Bradford/Matthews, having Tyrod at QB allows you to keep your WR trio and upgrade both RBs to something like Forte/Abdullah. Then you just need to take a cheaper defense, like Minnesota or Pittsburgh.

I'm telling you guys, Sproles is a nah-wave in cash games. He's going to get 3 carries for 15 yards and 4 catches for 28.

If McCoy is out it's Karlos Williams everywhere for me.

With Hyde probably approaching 40% ownership in Sunday cash games, does that change anyone's mind on rostering him this week?

If McCoy is out it's Karlos Williams everywhere for me.
Man if karlos williams starts I would set this lineup

J. Winston

K. williams

J. Forsett

A. Brown

J. jones

OBJ

ASJ

M. crosby

Tenn

Looking to play big, multi-entry double-ups this week. How many rosters are you playing across these types of contests? Holding ~10 entries in this type of format, unsure how many lineups to roll with.

Thoughts?

I have several FD cash lineups, I can't really choose which one Iike. I think playing Brown, Julio and Matthews is not realistic unless you are willing to go with Tyrod. I do prefer a QB like Bradford or Palmer who have a better chance to get 20+. For DK cash I have:

Palmer 6700

Forsett 6200

Ingram 5900

Julio 8800

Landry 5900

Terrence Williams 4200

Eifert 4200

Hyde 5100

Balt Def 2900

I am pretty sure this lineup cashes. Very high floor RBs, Landry is a stud in PPR and Terrence Williams is a great value at 4200 and I believe he will be well owned. Eifert is a punt but he has upside and he will probably do fine.

Another one I had was

Bradford 6900

Forsett

Ingram

Julio

Landry

Terrence

Ameer 4500

Eifert

Carolina Def 3100

UKColt said:
With Hyde probably approaching 40% ownership in Sunday cash games, does that change anyone's mind on rostering him this week?
Only in GPP. In cash games I'm not worried.
What changes my mind about Hyde is the Niners on short week traveling across the country for a 1pm game. Seems like there are alot safer options in cash games to me. Maybe I'm wrong, but this feels like a time to zag away from all the zigs reacting to week 1 (which happened to be a home game against the Vikes). Also, does anyone else remember his limping off the field early in the game? I thought he was done. I have no idea what hampered him at that moment.

I usually run 3-5 cash game lineups per site, depending on the volume. It also depends on how "deep my player pool" is for each week.

For 10 entries I would probably hedge with 2 lineups of 5 entries each.

For Thursday cash lineups across multiple sites I went with combinations of some of the following:

QB: Palmer, Bradford, Brees, Foles

RB: Lynch, Forsett, Hyde, Ivory, Abdullah, CJ1K, Woodhead

WR: A Brown, Julio, Matthews, Cooks, Landry, J Brown, S Johnson, Beasley, Coleman

TE: ASJ, Ertz, Bennet

K: Hocker

Def: Ravens, Phines, Rams

I posted this last year, but we have some new readers, and I am constantly intrigued by relative price fluctuations between different sites.

Some players can be dramatically cheaper on different sites. This allows you to "hedge" one site's lineups against another.

Example: I wanted a 3rd TE in my overall lineup mix, but couldn't get Bennet into many of my FD lineups. However, on other sites he was much cheaper and I could roster a high % of him there, knowing I already had a good mix of other options on FD.

I'm teaching a friend of mine to play and this came up, so I thought I would share here again.

UKColt said:
What changes my mind about Hyde is the Niners on short week traveling across the country for a 1pm game. Seems like there are alot safer options in cash games to me. Maybe I'm wrong, but this feels like a time to zag away from all the zigs reacting to week 1 (which happened to be a home game against the Vikes). Also, does anyone else remember his limping off the field early in the game? I thought he was done. I have no idea what hampered him at that moment.
I'm hoping the short week, travel and non-conference opponent preclude SF from doing anything much beyond their meat and potatoes running game.

UKColt said:
I'm hoping the short week, travel and non-conference opponent preclude SF from doing anything much beyond their meat and potatoes running game.
Except everything about the game script goes against the Niners. Short week, west coast team travelling east, Vegas doesnt like them. It all leads me to think it will be ugly for SF which is bad news for the running game.

These are my main toss-ups for my cash lineups so far.

Carlos Hyde - see above. I dont know that I can trust him considering the game script.

Nick Foles/Tyrod Taylor - Can I trust these two to have a high enough floor for cash games?

ASJ - If Evans comes back, will he get the same amount of looks?

Been toying with my preferred lineup this week and feel like this has potential to be a strong contender.

Brees

Forsett

Hyde

Cooks

Matthews

Brown

Bennett

Parkey

Saints D/ST

UKColt said:
Except everything about the game script goes against the Niners. Short week, west coast team travelling east, Vegas doesnt like them. It all leads me to think it will be ugly for SF which is bad news for the running game.

Carlos Hyde - see above. I dont know that I can trust him considering the game script.

Nick Foles/Tyrod Taylor - Can I trust these two to have a high enough floor for cash games?

Only reason I am sticking with Hyde this week is I saw how effective Lewis was against the PITT D last week. Hyde is a different animal than Lewis.

Looking to play big, multi-entry double-ups this week. How many rosters are you playing across these types of contests? Holding ~10 entries in this type of format, unsure how many lineups to roll with.

Thoughts?
I would split it up between 3 lineups. Youre not looking to cash all 3, as long as 2 wins youre looking at a solid ROI. When you start getting up to dozens of entries Im currently looking for 7 lineups. Cashing 3/7 on the lineups is a 23% negative ROI. Cashing 4/7 of the lineups is basically breaking even (2.6% positive ROI). And cashing 5/7 is a 22% positive ROI.

For reference if youre playing 2 lineups, and only cash one you have a negative 10% ROI. If you play 3 and only one cashes youre looking at negative 40% ROI.

I do want to say dont play additional sub optimal lineups just because. I have 7 lineups split among 3 QBs, 5 RBs, 6 WR, and 2 TE. The lineups are all similar and all grade out well above the 122 point target expected to cash

UKColt said:

Only reason I am sticking with Hyde this week is I saw how effective Lewis was against the PITT D last week. Hyde is a different animal than Lewis.
Different situation though. Pittsburgh's mentality approaching the New England game certainly wasnt to focus on stopping a Blount-less running game. It would've been to stop Brady and the passing game.Their approach to the Niners, however, has to be to stack the box daring Kaepernick to throw instead of run.

I'm also not convinced that Hyde's one week sample size against a questionable defense suddenly makes him the next Jim Brown.

UKColt said:

Different situation though. Pittsburgh's mentality approaching the New England game certainly wasnt to focus on stopping a Blount-less running game. It would've been to stop Brady and the passing game.Their approach to the Niners, however, has to be to stack the box daring Kaepernick to throw instead of run.

I'm also not convinced that Hyde's one week sample size against a questionable defense suddenly makes him the next Jim Brown.
I also did not start Hyde in my Thursday line-up. To me it was too easy to put in a line-up with both Forte and Lynch.

This was my Thursday line-up and my Sunday line-up may be similar:

Bradford (Should exceed value)

Forte (I do not expect repeat but to move ball on AZ passing to RB out of backfield is how you do it)

Lynch (Forte ran all over GB. Lynch is a better runner)

Julio Jones (practiced today should be good to go)

Mathews (Solid Cash play)

Fitzgerald (should get 15 targets)

ASJ (although Evans back he should be enough to get value)

Hocker (High scoring game in dome and cheap)

Vikings defense (Home opener will get some turnovers from Detroit. Not favorite defense but did not want lower other positions)

I keep coming back around to a Forte/Abdullah RB combo. I currently WAY over-invested in those 2 given how little information we have about this season right now. Historically I have a huge man-crush on Forte because he catches so many balls, but he's awfully expensive. I even stacked him with Cutler in some big league plays last year. Abdullah looked really good to my eye last week and Minny's Defense looked less than good against the run (obviously) and he's still so cheap.

I need someone to talk to me about the downside risks of these guys please.

UKColt said:

I also did not start Hyde in my Thursday line-up. To me it was too easy to put in a line-up with both Forte and Lynch.

This was my Thursday line-up and my Sunday line-up may be similar:

Bradford (Should exceed value)

Forte (I do not expect repeat but to move ball on AZ passing to RB out of backfield is how you do it)

Lynch (Forte ran all over GB. Lynch is a better runner)

Julio Jones (practiced today should be good to go)

Mathews (Solid Cash play)

Fitzgerald (should get 15 targets)

ASJ (although Evans back he should be enough to get value)

Hocker (High scoring game in dome and cheap)

Vikings defense (Home opener will get some turnovers from Detroit. Not favorite defense but did not want lower other positions)
I ran a somewhat similar Thursday cash lineup:

Foles -- seems like a safer cheap option to Tyrod to me.

Forte -- my man-crush is large, and as set out in your post

Abdullah -- see my last post

Julio -- monster, and as set out in your post

Brown -- monster

Matthews -- high volume potential monster, and as set out in your post

ASJ -- as set out in your post

Brown -- still cheap, NYG can't run, should have chances

Denver -- nice start

I keep coming back around to a Forte/Abdullah RB combo. I currently WAY over-invested in those 2 given how little information we have about this season right now. Historically I have a huge man-crush on Forte because he catches so many balls, but he's awfully expensive. I even stacked him with Cutler in some big league plays last year. Abdullah looked really good to my eye last week and Minny's Defense looked less than good against the run (obviously) and he's still so cheap.

If you want some diversification Marshawn Lynch is a little cheaper. Maybe a little lower ceiling, but I think he has a higher floor IMO. Sankey, Randle, Martin, and Ivory are all within the savings if you want to swap out Abdullah too. If you can find another $100, a Lynch/Hyde combo is just $100 more than Forte/Abdullah

If you want some diversification Marshawn Lynch is a little cheaper. Maybe a little lower ceiling, but I think he has a higher floor IMO. Sankey, Randle, Martin, and Ivory are all within the savings if you want to swap out Abdullah too. If you can find another $100, a Lynch/Hyde combo is just $100 more than Forte/Abdullah
Thank you.

I'm working with a Hyde/Lynch combo in one of my tentative cash lineups. I like Marshawn and think he has a nice game. I tend to favor backs who catch the ball though.

Ivory is a little gimpy which worries me. If he's healthy I do like him.

I'm really struggling with trusting Sankey this week. That play screams bust to me. I just don't trust him or that team. I might be too close to them to be objective though.

I'm not sure I have a handle on the Dallas situation or game script. Will they fall down early and have to abandon the deliberate running attack they obviously want to employ? I've actually kicked around going super cheap with Dunbar and ponying-up for a more expensive QB or TE. I'm not in love with ASJ or a Foles-type.

I must say there are some good points to reconsider Hyde, and the Bonemma articles reinforce that position. As I have exposure in my Thursday lineups, fading Hyde in my Sunday contests might be prudent.

While I still love Lynch and Ivory, I'd like to get some home teams represented. Maybe Ingram?

I must say there are some good points to reconsider Hyde, and the Bonemma articles reinforce that position. As I have exposure in my Thursday lineups, fading Hyde in my Sunday contests might be prudent.

While I still love Lynch and Ivory, I'd like to get some home teams represented. Maybe Ingram?
Ingram is my no1 RB play this week. Think NO may jump up on TB and run the ball a lot and Ingram is also involved in passing game as well.

Thoughts?
I would split it up between 3 lineups. Youre not looking to cash all 3, as long as 2 wins youre looking at a solid ROI. When you start getting up to dozens of entries Im currently looking for 7 lineups. Cashing 3/7 on the lineups is a 23% negative ROI. Cashing 4/7 of the lineups is basically breaking even (2.6% positive ROI). And cashing 5/7 is a 22% positive ROI.

For reference if youre playing 2 lineups, and only cash one you have a negative 10% ROI. If you play 3 and only one cashes youre looking at negative 40% ROI.

I do want to say dont play additional sub optimal lineups just because. I have 7 lineups split among 3 QBs, 5 RBs, 6 WR, and 2 TE. The lineups are all similar and all grade out well above the 122 point target expected to cash
Thanks for the response. I was planning on running with 3 lineups. I wasn't sure what effects, if any, the multi-entry aspect of this type of cash game would have.

Hello,

I'm new to Fanduel. This is my first EVER lineup. I'm in a $25 50/50 Rookie League (100 players). What do you guys think? I've played many years of Fantasy Football but this is my first time trying Fanduel Daily Games. Be gentle....or not, your honesty is ok too. I still have time to change it.

QB- S. Bradford (phily)

RB- M. Ingram (NO)

RB- J. Forsett (BAL)

WR- J. Landry (MIA)

WR- J. Edelman (NE)

WR- J. Matthews (PHI)

TE- J. Witten (DAL)

K- J. Brown (NYG)

DEF- Buffalo

I used all the money. I was shooting for balance. Thoughts?

I would love to hear your strategies/system to winning in Daily FF Games.

Thanks,

Jim

Ingram is my no1 RB play this week. Think NO may jump up on TB and run the ball a lot and Ingram is also involved in passing game as well.
I'm on board with this. I've heavily invested in Ingram this week.

Hello,

I'm new to Fanduel. This is my first EVER lineup. I'm in a $25 50/50 Rookie League (100 players). What do you guys think? I've played many years of Fantasy Football but this is my first time trying Fanduel Daily Games. Be gentle....or not, your honesty is ok too. I still have time to change it.

QB- S. Bradford (phily)

RB- M. Ingram (NO)

RB- J. Forsett (BAL)

WR- J. Landry (MIA)

WR- J. Edelman (NE)

WR- J. Matthews (PHI)

TE- J. Witten (DAL)

K- J. Brown (NYG)

DEF- Buffalo

I used all the money. I was shooting for balance. Thoughts?

I would love to hear your strategies/system to winning in Daily FF Games.

Thanks,

Jim
I think it looks fine except that I think your choice of defense conflicts with Edelman at WR. Somebody can correct me if Im wrong but I think you want to avoid QB/RB/WRs who are up against the defense you pick. Although maybe WRs are the exception here, cant remember.

That said, I like Edelman because I imagine the Buffalo D will be focused on Gronk.

The thing about Hyde is that he's still really cheap and lots of teams will own him. I think he's almost a must in 50/50 games. If nothing else, he's a blocker. You need to get him in case he has a huge game because if you don't have him, well everyone else does. And if he has a bad game, well it doesn't really matter because everyone has him. I do have some teams without him, but he's in several of mine and all of my DK lineups.

The thing about Hyde is that he's still really cheap and lots of teams will own him. I think he's almost a must in 50/50 games. If nothing else, he's a blocker. You need to get him in case he has a huge game because if you don't have him, well everyone else does. And if he has a bad game, well it doesn't really matter because everyone has him. I do have some teams without him, but he's in several of mine and all of my DK lineups.
I think this is true. The FBG app puts Hyde @ like 9% ownership which I think is really low. The problem is, I legitimately think Abdullah scores more this week. So, the analysis for me is my confidence that Abdullah outperforms Hyde vs. Hyde's utility as a heavily owned player. Like most folks I suspect I overrate my own predictive abilities.

For DK I think you almost have to have Hyde at 5100. In FD, not as much but his ownership could be 30%-40%. Hyde's salary is kind of tricky to fit though. Forsett is 7800 and Ingram at 8000 who are safer options. Also Lamar is interesting at 7300 as a favorite vs a poor Jags team but his ownership won't be high after last week. I won't play Lamar as a result most likely.

I have several cash lineups and the salaries are kind of tricky if you want to play certain players.

For DK I think you almost have to have Hyde at 5100. In FD, not as much but his ownership could be 30%-40%. Hyde's salary is kind of tricky to fit though. Forsett is 7800 and Ingram at 8000 who are safer options. Also Lamar is interesting at 7300 as a favorite vs a poor Jags team but his ownership won't be high after last week. I won't play Lamar as a result most likely.

I have several cash lineups and the salaries are kind of tricky if you want to play certain players.
I will not be rostering Lamar Miller this week but I predict he will return at least 2x.

Didn't defense cost stop at 4500 last year or am I losing my mind? I thought something looked fishy last week and now I think it's that defense can fall to 4000 this year. Maybe I'm wrong...

denver defense was $4500 netted me 21 points.. Im happy with that defensive return.

Kelce only putting up 7.8 points hurt some people.. He was showing 14% ownership

Users who are viewing this thread