What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 3 Questions for Bloom - 2015 (1 Viewer)

What's the deal with Lamar Miller aside from his injury? Was he over-ranked and overdrafted this year? Will he rebound?

Would you trade CJ Spiller for Lamar in PPR? Better asked, is Lamar a buy-low?

Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rishard Matthews and Leonard Hankerson are on the WW in my 10-team NoPPR Dyno League. I have an open roster space and am considering adding one of them. Which is the better add for the season, which for long term? I am rebuilding, so I probably need to tilt toward the longer term value. Personally, I'm leaning Hankerson given the better offense (although MIA is trending up strong) and the fact that his main competition for WR2 on the team is an aging White. In the case of Matthews, his competition for WR2 on the team includes Parker and Stills, not to mention Cameron as a very capable pass catching TE. I would appreciate your thoughts on these two.

I am 100% with you on Christine Michael taking over the Dallas backfield and is a priority add. Talent, opportunity, and situation are going to unite there. What are your thoughts on Dorial Green-Beckham? I am surprised you aren't more bullish on him using the same logic. Big athletic WR with an underachieving Harry Douglas ahead of him on the depth chart in an ascending offense. I think he is the C-Mike of the WR position.

Dynasty Trade offer:

Settings:
25 man rosters
Starters - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1DST
Relevant Scoring rules - 0.5PPR with 0.75 Tight End PPR
My record: I'm 0-2 with lowest point total in league so far.

My roster
Eli Manning, Alex Smith
Frank Gore, LeGarette Blount, Bishop Sankey, Duke Johnson, Khiry Robinson, Christine Michael, Josh Robinson, Zach Zenner, Ahmad Bradshaw
Mike Evans, Sammy Watkins, Brandin Cooks, Davante Adams, Breshad Perriman, Philip Dorsett, Josh Gordon, Sammy Coates, Aaron Dobson, Rueben Randle
Travis Kelce, Coby Fleener, Maxx Williams
Random DST from wire
(I also own 3 1sts, 2 2nds, and a 3rd in our 4 round draft next year)

Tentative offer:
Travis Kelce and a piece (not defined yet, but I'm considering Randle or my 3rd as my offer, maybe my later 2nd)
for
Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Tyler Locket, mid/late 1st

1 for 1 trade: give b/u QB for RB. FBG Top 200 forward says 1.Foster 2.Gurley 3. Lewis, trade dominator says 1. Lewis 2. Foster 3.Gurley-which way do I go? Thanks.

Bloom I'm in a 12 team non ppr league and I have a WR3 question. Who do I start?

Vjax

Tate

Hankerson and I am going against Matt Ryan this week

Bloom,

Thank you for all that you do for the fantasy community. Your podcast is one of the best, and even if you predict incorrectly, your analysis is spot on. Thanks to you, I sold AMorris for FAAB which gave me room to pick up Dion Lewis before the Patriots first game in a PPR league.

My Question: PPR 12 team Dynasty. I have Gates on IR. QB, RB, WR, Flex, Flex, Flex, TE, DEF Kicker

Trade Robinson and C. Michael for Eifert... My gut says I should just deal with the wavier wire (its thin) or insist on a 1 for 1.

I have

Roethy

Forte

Dion Lewis

Karlos

Christine Michael

Crowell

David Johnson

Zenner

Julio

Evans

Watkins

Robinson

Floyd (AZ)

IR Gates/Gordan (CLE)

Sig, I am on the Dion Lewis train. Who would you rather have for rest of the year in PPR?

Ivory or Lewis?

What about Abdullah or Gore over Lewis? I am working trades to get Lewis and can only keep 4 RBs on roster. Start 2RB.

Vereen on Thursday Night vs. WAS OR Abdullah vs. DEN?

Need three guys this week out of: TY Hilton, MikeEvans, Stevie Johnson, John Brown, James JonesT

TIA!

Is it ok to ask sit/start questions here? If so:

0.5 PPR, pick one:

Matt Jones

Terrance Williams

CJ Spiller

Chris Johnson

Thanks.

Hey Bloom.. appreciate you doing this every week.

1.) With Brady's WK4 bye coming up I need to look ahead.. my back-up is Stafford (playing @ SEA on MNF). Should I drop Stafford for Flacco (@ PITT on TNF) or Kaepernick (vs. GB)?

2.) If you HAD to drop one of these guys, who would it be?: Shane Vereen (non-ppr league), DeAngelo Williams (not a Bell owner), Christine Michael, or James Jones (my WR5 behind TY/Evans/JBrown/StevieJohnson)

Was offered Forsett for Demarco straight up in a PPR league. I have Leveon and Crowell only. Got outbid on all the recent RB waivers. Would you suggest taking Forsett for a more reliable RB2?

Standard Scoring:

Choose 1 WR: Allen Robinson, John Brown, Mike Evans

Martellus Bennett or Crockett Gilmore at TE?

Thanks for your help. :)

Hi Sig,

Headscratchers setting my lineup this week (.5 PPR):

Team 1:

Gore

Blount

Crowell

Abdullah

Allen

ARobinson

SJohnson

MEvans

Moncrief

need 2 RBs, 2 WRs and a Flex.

Team 2:

Forsett

DLewis

Abdullah

Spiller

Foster

CMike

JBrown

SJohnson

Moncrief

RWhite

Need 2 RB, 2 WR and a Flex

Thanks!

Hello Sig, love your work. Hope you enjoyed the thundercat in action. I have a 2 part question for 2 different leagues i am in both are 1 point ppr:

1. 2 wr 2 rb 1 flex (rb/wr/te) who should i start at these positions?

Rbs: cj gore woodhead bell(will start him) ameer matt jones

Wr: landry cooks stevie smokie bryant (out)

Te: have gronk and eifert ( can play te at flex if reqd)

2. For another league stevie, woodhead or ivory at flex?

Thanks a lot sig,have a good week

Need to pick two from this crop in 0.5 PPR, feel like there isn't a lot of separation, although Landry has been most consistent:

Jarvis Landry

John Brown

Amari Cooper

Donte Moncrief

Drop the Rams DEF vs Steelers this week? May not get them back if so.

John Brown or Allen Rob in 1 pt PPR?

Thanks

Team 1 - PPR

Question 1

Pick 2 RBs - Crowell, Lewis, Ameer, Ivory, Stewart, Martin

Pick 1 Flex - RBs above, plus John Brown, Allen Rob, Hopkins (if he goes), Moncrief

Starting A Brown and Cobb at WR.

Question 2

I feel very deep at WR and RB2s. I am trying to make a deal for J Charles. I offered Cobb and any two of my RBs. Would you do that regardless of who he picked at RB? What if I threw in another WR too or is that too much?

Team 2 - Non PPR

Pick 1 RB - CJ, Ameer, Gurley (if he goes) Starting Gore

Pick 1 WR - Steve Smith, john Brown, Allen Rob. Starting Calvin

Pick 1 flex - From above

Thank you as always!

Hey Bloom,

I'm on the Dion Lewis bandwagon--picked him up for free in one league and trying to trade for him in another. I believe he has top 10 PPR upside (top 5?), but also some risk, so I'm trying to slot his ROS value.

Would you trade Abdullah for him? What about Ingram?

As always, thanks for thinking deeply about these things.

Cheers!

Hey Sig,

Trade question, PPR league. 10 rush yards per point, 20 receiving yards per point, all TDs 6 pts.

I'm trying to get Dion Lewis from an owner in a new league (don't know his tendencies),

My team:

QB: Palmer, Tanne

RB: Gore, Ivory, Forsett, Sproles

WR: AB, Amari Cooper, Allen Robinson, John Brown, Donte Moncrief

TE: Kelce, Heath Miller

His Team:

QB: Brady

RB: Charles, Lewis, Gio, Vareen, Dunbar

WR: Cobb, Edelman, Steve Smith, Victor Cruz, Roddy White

TE: Bennett

I was thinking a 2 for 2 trade to help him upgrade his WRs, something like

Lewis & White or Cruz for Any WR not named Antonio Brown and Any of my RBs.

How would you handle this trade situation. Tried to gauge his interest, but he didn't respond to email...

Thanks,

-Eric

When should one consider a preemptive pickup for B.Perriman and/or B.Lafell? Should M.Ball be included in this conversation as well?

My team is 0-2 and I'm worried it's full of RB2/WR2 types. How aggressively would you pursue a 2-for-1 upgrade for an RB1/WR1 and which players would you look to ship out in a package?

12tm PPR Redraft, 2RB/2WR/TE/Flex

QB: Rivers (Kaep, Dalton on WW)

RB: CJ Anderson, M.Ingram, A.Foster, D.Woodhead, C.Michael

WR: Megatron, K.Allen, D.Moncrief, WW fodder

TE: G.Olsen

Worth dropping D Williams for C Michael considering the value of the handcuff or other options? Also, looking to trade for a top tier WR1 or ascending WR2, thoughts on the RBs most suited to a 2 for 1 for someone like Beckham Jr, or a WR2 to target? (John Brown for Ivory perhaps?)

10 team espn standard:

QB - Luck

RB - Lev Bell, A Foster, T Gurley, Ivory, D Martin, Woodhead, Deangelo Williams

WR - Hopkins, Cooks, Landry, Moncrief

TE - Eifert, J Cameron

D/ST - Jets

K - Mcmanus

Hey Sig,

I'm in a 12 team, .3 PPR league where we get to keep 3 players at their round value. We start 2RB, 2WR and 1 flex. I am wondering if I should trade Ellington (can't be kept), Jarvis (kept for 2 years at 5th round value) and David Johnson (FA keeper - 2 more years) for John Brown (5th round keeper - 2 years) and Dion Lewis (FA keeper - 2 years). I also have Forte, ODB, Moncrief, Brandon Marshall, CJ Spiller and Christine Michael as my WRs and RBs currently. Thanks!

12 team dynasty start 2 RBs, 0.5 PPR. I need one of Martin, Morris, Matt Jones, Abdullah or Gordon. Your pick? TIA!

Hey bloom, 10 team PPR redraft league. Pick 2 RBs 2WRs & Flex 1. Based on Dodds' projections I am leaning towards Charles, Lewis, Marshall, Robinson, & A.J. if he's healthy. If he's not, who do I flex?

J Charles

Forsett

Dion Lewis

A Foster

A.J. Green

Moncreif

B Marsh

A Robinson

Thanks!

-Austin

PPR: need two from Keenen Allen, Percy Harvin or Allen Robinson

Thank you sir

Sir,

What do you expect from Gurley? Sell him or hold? If sell, which WR should I aim?

Thank you for all great stuff!

Alex

Can we get a serious assessment on Christine Michael and what potential he has this season, especially factoring in Romo/Dez injuries. Is he outright droppable?

Thursday Night dilemma:

12 team Standard scoring league - 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex

With Demarco Murray hammy "tweak", he didn't practice Thursday, and sounds like we won't know if he plays til at least Saturday. My best alternative at RB would be Matt Jones, but I'd have to make that call tonight. If I don't play Jones tonight, and Murray can't go, my only other alternative is Karlos Williams, who is still only getting a few touches per game. Waiver wire is barren.

If I start Jones at RB, and Murray ends up playing, i would have to bench either Jordan Matthews(Revis?), Moncrief, or Maclin to put Demarco in at the flex. (OBJ and Melvin Gordon are other starters) I would normally not even consider benching Matthews, but his matchup looks much worse than the other 2 so I included him as an option. With standard scoring, RBs tend to outscore most marginal WRs at the flex

Would you start Matt Jones tonight? or just pray for a TD by Karlos if Murray is down.

and then,

If I start Jones, which WR would you bench if Murray ends up playing (or would you just bench him regardless because 11 yards and a hammy = yuck)

Thanks

I am hurting at defense this week, Kansas is on my roster standard scoring league. These teams available on the waiver wire.

Steelers

Eagles

Titans

Washington

Giants

Vikings

Bucks

Chargers

My question hold on to KC for the year and pick up a D for this week and are there any above that can help me through this week or start KC and cross fingers.

Thank you.

Great timing Sigmund! I have flex on my mind...standard scoring...don't trust Alf anymore after the Jones explosion last week but anyway, need 2 of the following to go with Julio and ODB:

A.Morris (@ Giants)

Woodhead (@Minn)

Crowell (Oakland)

Hillman (@Detroit)

Steve Smith (Bengals)

K.Wright (Indy)

Thanks!!!

10 team Std league. Can only roster 4RBs. I have Ivory, Hyde, Gore and Stewart. Should I drop any of these 4 (really should I drop Gore or Stew or both) for Jones, Woodhead, Lewis or David Johnson? Keep going back and forth and all but Gore are banged up...help!

Thx Bloom!

0.5 PPR, start one as WR:

V-Jax

Doug Baldwin

Hankerson

Agholor

Start one in flex:

Abdullah

Jordan Reed

V-Jax

Doug Baldwin

Hankerson

Agholor

THANK YOU!

Non PPR --

1) #2 WR behind JJones: Tate, Lockett, D. Parker -- or go get Rishard Mathews, Austin, Ginn or Hankerson off WW? Hankerson seems like the best, but who would I drop and safe to play him with Jones?

2) Need to start 2 RB's: J. Hill, L. Murray, R. Mathews, D. Woodhead, F. Jackson

3) Need a flex from the above plus R. Rodgers

!!thanks!!

FPC Scoring:

TEAM A: Need 1:

D.Adams vs KC

M.Wallace vs SD

S.Johnson @ Minn

TEAM B: Need 2:

A.Johnson @ Tenn

S.Watkins @ Mis

M.Crabtree @ Cleve