What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sigmund Bloom's Week 10 Upgrade/Downgrade Report (1 Viewer)

themeistersinger

Footballguy
The new format is pretty cool. I especially like the one for My Roster, since it shows any time a player in my roster has appeared in the report in previous weeks - sometimes a guy gets a downgrade one week and the same guy gets an upgrade the next week (or vice versa).

New format:
League-Wide Upgrades/Downgrades - Bloom
Your Team Upgrades and Downgrades - Bloom
Your League Waiver-Wire Targets - Bloom

The new format is pretty cool. I especially like the one for My Roster, since it shows any time a player in my roster has appeared in the report in previous weeks - sometimes a guy gets a downgrade one week and the same guy gets an upgrade the next week (or vice versa).

New format:

Thank you. This was a new feature and project our Tech Team had wanted to try for a while and I think it's a nice upgrade.

+1 on liking the new format, love the ability to get some personalization, plus it goes a bit deeper with IDP now as well!

New format:

Thank you. This was a new feature and project our Tech Team had wanted to try for a while and I think it's a nice upgrade.
I see what you did there.

+1 on liking the new format, love the ability to get some personalization, plus it goes a bit deeper with IDP now as well!
Thank you. Our strategy is pretty clear. We want to make the experience as customizable as possible delivering the most relevant value specifically for your situation. I love this direction.

Apart from listing players already on your roster at the same time, I don't really see what this does on top of the stock up report page that is (was?) on the League Dominator page?

Apart from listing players already on your roster at the same time, I don't really see what this does on top of the stock up report page that is (was?) on the League Dominator page?

It's much of the same info from League Dominator app. But it's on the regular website as a regular Footballguys page which feels a bit different than the League Dominator Online. Trying to bring it all into one more consistent look and feel.

It's much of the same info from League Dominator app. But it's on the regular website as a regular Footballguys page which feels a bit different than the League Dominator Online. Trying to bring it all into one more consistent look and feel.

Fair enough. I've worked out how to just see the whole report, but for those who just want to read the report as it was emailed to them, it's not necessarily intuitive how to do so, and is a bit bloated if you just want to see the commentary and bid amounts without knowing who owns who.

Is it going to be the intention to stop emailing the full report? For me that's the single most important email you guys send so it would be a shame to effectively force people onto the website to read it

I do not like it. I liked having all the information and then doing my own adoption to the league.

I also didn't like it about 5+ years ago when Bloom took over from whoever did it before. It became mostly just a Good game/bad game list. While there is a little bit a detail there isn't enough perspective of what and why the player had the result they did.

I do not like it. I liked having all the information and then doing my own adoption to the league.

I also didn't like it about 5+ years ago when Bloom took over from whoever did it before. It became mostly just a Good game/bad game list. While there is a little bit a detail there isn't enough perspective of what and why the player had the result they did.
Yeah, I feel like there's too much narrative/feeling put into it and no concrete analysis in terms of matchup driving past and future results and no semblance of analytics.

for all reports view this page: https://www.footballguys.com/upgrades-and-downgrades

That is all the information and you can do your own filtering.

New to that page is information as to who rosters each player in your league. You can just ignore that if you're not interested, but for me, I find this super useful for constructing trades.

Fair enough. I've worked out how to just see the whole report, but for those who just want to read the report as it was emailed to them, it's not necessarily intuitive how to do so, and is a bit bloated if you just want to see the commentary and bid amounts without knowing who owns who.

Is it going to be the intention to stop emailing the full report? For me that's the single most important email you guys send so it would be a shame to effectively force people onto the website to read it

Having just received the email for this week, it seems that is the case. I ask you to reconsider, please email the full commentary, and if people want to use the customisable widgets on the website, they still can.

Having just received the email for this week, it seems that is the case. I ask you to reconsider, please email the full commentary, and if people want to use the customisable widgets on the website, they still can.
Dig The KLF!

So how did you usually read the report in the email? Just the bottom section with the bid amounts and detail, or just the top list section, or clicking through the players at the top you're interested in to view the detail for just those players?

Dig The KLF!

So how did you usually read the report in the email? Just the bottom section with the bid amounts and detail, or just the top list section, or clicking through the players at the top you're interested in to view the detail for just those players?

I usually read it like I would read any email - I would start at the top, and finish at the bottom... I want to see roughly what Bloom is recommending, and why Bloom is recommending them. An email works perfectly fine for that and is in no way broken

One thing that's never been clear to me (and I feel stupid for having to ask) is whether the waiver bid is a % of your original FAAB amount, or if it's meant to be a % of your remaining FAAB?

OK, this is kind of ridiculous:

The top part of the image is the list of QB upgrade recommendations which lists Dobbs at 25-50%
The bottom part of the image is a snippet of the blurb for Dobbs, and it doesn't list a percentage, presumably because despite selecting Upgrades & Downgrades (ALL), it recognises that Dobbs is rostered and that being able to see the commentary and the level of recommendation at the same time is not relevant - although it doesn't mind telling me that I should drop Carr on the website for 5-10% when I don't own Carr. Bottom line is there is now nowhere where I can see everything in one place

The top part of the image is the list of QB upgrade recommendations which lists Dobbs at 25-50%
The bottom part of the image is a snippet of the blurb for Dobbs, and it doesn't list a percentage, presumably because despite selecting Upgrades & Downgrades (ALL), it recognises that Dobbs is rostered and that being able to see the commentary and the level of recommendation at the same time is not relevant - although it doesn't mind telling me that I should drop Carr on the website for 5-10% when I don't own Carr. Bottom line is there is now nowhere where I can see everything in one place
I'm not sure that I'd go so far to say this is ridiculous, but we can absolutely add the bid percentages there too. I'll do that right now.

I'm not sure that I'd go so far to say this is ridiculous, but we can absolutely add the bid percentages there too. I'll do that right now.
Cheers. I'm more referring to the general implementation rather than that one thing specifically - if the emails had just been left alone rather than effectively breaking something that didn't need fixing, I likely don't post at all

Cheers. I'm more referring to the general implementation rather than that one thing specifically - if the emails had just been left alone rather than effectively breaking something that didn't need fixing, I likely don't post at all
Is there anything else on the new upgrades/downgrades that is missing for you? Or would it be fair to say that now the only outstanding issue is that you just prefer reading the content in your email client than on a web page?

Is there anything else on the new upgrades/downgrades that is missing for you? Or would it be fair to say that now the only outstanding issue is that you just prefer reading the content in your email client than on a web page?
Pretty much, yeah - I can at least see what I want to see in one place, even if it's not in an ideal format and appears bloated with information I don't really need to see, but may work better for other people

Thanks folks for the feedback.

I also have to apologize for doing a terrible job in getting the word out to folks what we were doing here.

We put a ton of work and effort into making the experience better but because I failed to properly roll this out, the result was a ton of frustration and even more work for our staff as we put out fires like this. That's 100% on me for doing a poor job there. And wasting valuable resources by our staff.

Will hopefully do much better in the future.

Thanks folks for the feedback.

I also have to apologize for doing a terrible job in getting the word out to folks what we were doing here.

We put a ton of work and effort into making the experience better but because I failed to properly roll this out, the result was a ton of frustration and even more work for our staff as we put out fires like this. That's 100% on me for doing a poor job there. And wasting valuable resources by our staff.

Will hopefully do much better in the future.
Stud response.

Pretty much, yeah - I can at least see what I want to see in one place, even if it's not in an ideal format and appears bloated with information I don't really need to see, but may work better for other people
We're going to restore the email to exactly how it was before week 9. We'll have this for week 11.

Thank you for everyone's patience!

We're going to restore the email to exactly how it was before week 9. We'll have this for week 11.

Thank you. I much prefer it that way --- a self-contained email that doesn't require site visits.

Thank you. I much prefer it that way --- a self-contained email that doesn't require site visits.
This week's email keeps throwing me back to the site when I click on a name, instead of like last week's email which did not (unless I was hallucinating).
I really like a self-contained email that contains all the information we need.
The new site features are good by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread