What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (3 Viewers)

What reason would the Cowboys have to put this out there if they hadn't already decided?

Anything's possible, but given the trouble it might cause you'd think it would only be public after a decision has been made.

Most important word in that Werder blurb is "consider".
Very true. It is a key word. And it would be very interesting to hear an exact quote from a Cowboys coach. Words matter.For example they could have said: "we will use the bye week to consider lineup changes at a few positions."

Or they could have said: "we will use the bye week to consider lineup changes at a few positions, like QB, OL and RB."

Or they could have said "we will use the bye week to consider a change at RB from Randle to Michael."

Those are all really different words.

I will always associate Ed Werder with all those speculative Brett Favre retiring and shoulder injury reports. In other words, I wouldn't trust Ed Werder as far as I can spit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will always associate Ed Werder with all those speculative Brett Favre retiring and shoulder injury reports. In other words, I wouldn't trust Ed Werder as far as I can spit.
For me it was all the CEO mellow drama that he was constantly trying to stir up.

For that reason I used to think the same way about redhead Ed but I think he had a stern talking to and is been on the level for a few years now.

Ian Rapoport also reporting... While I will remain skeptical for the time being, these are the best reports we could've hoped for.

This ticket just went from < 1% chance of cashing to prob in the 15% range.

I just hope he'll be a difference maker by like late November.

Werder is terrible as are most of these guys. Either way, it makes sense for Dal to be looking at shuffling the deck with a bye week. They are terrible on offense right now.

The key here being they are looking at it. Nothing is set.

Let's see if anything comes of it.

This is great news. He'll either impress and get more time and more carries...or he won't and we can just move on and free up a roster spot for something else. But it sounds like we'll know sooner rather than later whether he's worth anything in redraft this year.

This is great news. He'll either impress and get more time and more carries...or he won't and we can just move on and free up a roster spot for something else. But it sounds like we'll know sooner rather than later whether he's worth anything in redraft this year.
Or he'll do just enough to keep you hooked but not enough to help your team.

Because that's what he did behind a HOF RB in Seattle?

He was never given a chance. He ran well in Seattle during a very small sample. So we just don't know. It's a terrible situation right now that could get 100% better real quick though.

Yeah I guess there is that possibility too. But if he is given a chance and doesn't look like he's trending towards greater things I'll move on. But you gotta be happy if you have him right now. In redraft owners were just hoping he'd get a shot and it sounds like he will.

using my #1 waiver priority on him because i dropped him last week due to needing bye-week fill-ins

or maybe i should use it on c-west. ughhh

Last edited by a moderator:
any recent trades in redraft leagues since this news? I'm a Randle owner and the Michael owner is probing. I'm interested but have no idea how to value him.

What middling players would you be willing to drop for him? I'm contemplating dropping Abdullah for a lottery ticket.
I've been rostering him all season, but today I dropped 2 lotto tickets (Cameron Artis Payne and Brian Quick) for McCown and Bradshaw.

Debating dropping Stevie Johnson in another league for Bradshaw, I'd drop him in a heartbeat for Michael.

Just pulled a 2 for 1 trade to open a roster spot so I could add Michael back. Best to get him now while they're on a bye week and this news is still at a low rumble.

Literally gave up on him in all leagues yesterday/today for west and Davis.... Cowboys fan so I still hope he blows up!!!!

All I can see is I can't start Randle or Mike week 7, nor vs Seattle, so 3 weeks, 2 roster spots, no starts. With Cassel at QB til week 11-12? I have expended some trouble on holding this position. That said the stretch between weeks 9-14 look promising if he firms up by then. Long hold.

Turbin isn't a HOFer. Not first ballot anyway.

Turbin isn't a HOFer. Not first ballot anyway.
Maybe just getting the playbook :shrug:

With Witten on a BYE, I needed a TE, so of coarse I dropped CMike. Then I read this morning he might start? HAHA, that's my luck

Huh, that site has daily practice notes.

Dallas Cowboys practice notes: Wednesday, Oct. 14... Running back Joseph Randle received first-team reps despite the news of a possible switch at the position.
http://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/Dallas-Cowboys-practice-notes-Wednesday-Oct-14-40255017
Left out the other important part of that Michael blurb:

"Christine Michael is expected to challenge Randle as RB No. 1 in the next 10 days. See Michael working out below."

Users who are viewing this thread