What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jamison Crowder, NYG (1 Viewer)

Jamison Crowder has been "impressive" this offseason and has looked "fully healthy."

Crowder is coming off a season in which he only played nine games due to injuries, so his health is something to watch. The veteran should slide in as the starting slot receiver, a position where coach Adam Gase has had success with Wes Welker and Jarvis Landry. However, for Crowder to get back to being a fantasy WR3/4, he'll need Sam Darnold to have a breakout year. The Jets are likely to be feeding Le'Veon Bell with Robby Anderson operating as the top receiving option.

SOURCE: New York Post

Jul 9, 2019, 1:48 PM ET

Jamison Crowder exited Monday's practice with a left foot or ankle injury.

Crowder was able to walk to the locker room, suggesting this is not a serious injury, but any setback is a concern for a player who missed seven games last season with an ankle injury. On the bright side, that injury was to Crowder's right ankle, and he was able to return late in the season. If healthy, Crowder will be one of Sam Darnold's primary targets.

SOURCE: Rich Cimini on Twitter

Jul 29, 2019, 10:47 AM ET

The Athletic's Connor Hughes wouldn't be surprised if Jamison Crowder "creeps near or past 100 catches this season."

Sam Darnold has been targetting Crowder heavily during practices, and we saw that translate into the Jets' preseason opener when he caught two passes with a touchdown on the opening drive. It will be tough for Crowder to actually approach 100 receptions with Le'Veon Bell, Robby Anderson, and Chris Herndon in the mix, but Darnold's connection with his slot receiver appears to be real. The Jets' passing game options, including Crowder, are cheap in fantasy drafts.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Aug 11, 2019, 2:19 PM ET

started him in dynasty and redraft PPR leagues.. no idea why anyone who was paying attention wouldnt have

as i said months ago... sam darnold has his safety valve.

I had him on all of my first 20 Best Ball teams through July and mid-August, but then the word got out and his price got a little high for me. Doh. I regret only getting him in a couple of regular seasonal leagues.

I just picked him up in two leagues where he WASN'T snatched via waiver wire. I had the first pick in one league and kinda wanted to save it. 

Dropped C Davis for Crowder in one league. I'm drank the "he's a stud #1 pick WR juice late in the draft. Not going play that game. Crowder = more volume.

Dropped MV-S for Crowder in the other. I just think there is more volume in .5 ppr for Crowder vs. V-S.

Does the DT signing influence Crowder? I'm thinking prolly not so much, maybe a lil in the redzone?

Jamison Crowder caught 4-of-6 targets for 40 yards in the Jets' Week 2 loss to the Browns.

After going 14-99 on a whopping 17 targets in Week 1, Crowder came crashing back to Earth after losing Sam Darnold to mono and being forced to catch passes from Trevor Siemian and Luke Falk in this one. Crowder didn't catch a pass until midway through the fourth quarter after the Browns had this game sealed up. Crowder is off the fantasy map until Darnold returns.

Sep 16, 2019, 11:29 PM ET

He's going to eat again once Darnold returns. 

Jamison Crowder caught 6-of-9 targets for 98 yards in the Jets' Week 6 win over the Cowboys.

Crowder was non-existent (8/75) in the three games Sam Darnold missed but has quietly mounted a team-high 35 percent target share on 26 looks in the two games the duo played together. Crowder's ceiling won't ever peak as Robby Anderson's (5/125/1) but the former still offers standalone PPR WR3 value with arguably a higher weekly floor than his teammate. Crowder will be the safest option among New York's wideouts in their Week 7 showdown against the Patriots.

Oct 14, 2019, 1:10 PM ET

Rotoworld nailed exactly what I plan on him being for one league I'm in. A PPR WR3 with a nice floor. Perfect. I'll take it. 

Jamison Crowder caught 4-of-5 targets for 26 yards in the Jets' Week 7 loss to the Patriots.

Crowder had previous receiving lines of 14-99 and 6-98 in Sam Darnold's two starts, but this was a night to forget for the entire Jets offense, as Darnold turned the ball over five times and passed for just 86 scoreless yards. Crowder will be back in the WR4 mix next week against the Jaguars.

Oct 21, 2019, 11:50 PM ET

Jamison Crowder was added to Thursday's injury report with a knee issue, getting in a limited session.

Just in time for Robby Anderson to be on the trade block. As we say constantly, we never like to see mid-week additions to the injury report, but players often play through them. Friday will tell the story for Crowder. Another "limited" day would probably still have him on track to suit up against the Jaguars.

SOURCE: Brian Costello on Twitter

Oct 24, 2019, 4:32 PM ET

Brian Costello of the New York Post reports Jamison Crowder (knee) "should be fine" for Sunday's Week 8 matchup against the Jaguars.

Per head coach Adam Gase, Crowder was involved in an "awkward collision" late in Thursday's practice, though his absence for the rest of the session was merely precautionary. He doesn't appear in danger of missing Week 8. Crowder has frequently collaborated with second-year signal-caller Sam Darnold, seeing 31 targets the three times they've shared the field together in 2019. That volume puts him squarely in the WR3 discussion, though his ceiling isn't as high as other receivers in that range.

Oct 25, 2019, 10:53 AM ET

Jamison Crowder delivered eight catches for 83 yards and a touchdown on nine targets Sunday in the Jets’ Week 9 loss to the Dolphins.

Crowder came out of the gates piping hot, surging to four catches for 50 yards on the opening drive. That haul included a 12-yard touchdown from Sam Darnold, who found Crowder by his lonesome in the back of the end zone. Unfortunately, the rest of Crowder's afternoon wasn't nearly as fruitful. In fact, he wasn't even targeted after halftime. Crowder was the intended receiver on Darnold's lone interception, which came on a desperation chuck with time winding down in the second quarter. Darnold was under heavy pressure but tried to be the hero, forcing an ambitious pass that had no business being thrown. Even with Crowder ghosting in the second half, the ex-Redskin has clearly developed a strong rapport with Darnold, who has targeted the slot receiver 45 times in their five games together. Crowder will face a familiar foe, the Giants (who he faced twice a year during his four-year stint in Washington), in Week 10.

Nov 3, 2019, 5:44 PM ET

Jamison Crowder caught 5-of-6 targets for 81 yards and a touchdown in Week 10 against the Giants.

Crowder got open behind the zone and made a nice cutback on his 23-yard TD. He also had a catch late in the game that helped the Jets hold off the Giants for the win. Crowder has at least 80 yards and a touchdown in two straight games. He'll be a high-floor FLEX for a narrative street game with the Redskins in Week 11.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantasy football stats to know from Week 11

Excerpt:

4. In seven games with Sam Darnold under center, Jamison Crowder averages a team-high 8.4 targets per game and 16.0 fantasy points per game. For perspective, 16.0 fantasy points – a number he’s exceeded in each of his last three games – would rank tied for 15th among wide receivers.

Darnold has targeted Crowder on 24% of his throws, which ranks ninth-most among all QB-to-receiver combinations. Most impressively, Darnold has force-fed Crowder as his WR1 despite a brutal cornerback schedule. Crowder runs 74% of his routes from the slot and has faced a top-15 slot WR defense (by fantasy points per game allowed) in six of these seven games.

In spite of larger concerns regarding New York’s offense, Crowder should be started as a weekly WR3 or better in PPR leagues. And, surprisingly, Crowder is still unowned in over 25% of all ESPN and Yahoo leagues, so make sure he’s not still a free agent in one of your leagues.

Jamison Crowder caught 5-of-8 targets for 76 yards and one touchdown in the Jets' Week 11 win over the Redskins.

Washington basically opted to not cover pass-catchers this week, which led Crowder to a real nice revenge game. Crowder extended his touchdown streak to three games on a wheel route that was relatively uncovered, but he was also the Jets' leader in targets (8) this week. Sam Darnold and Crowder have some nice chemistry right now -- it's much better than the Robby Anderson and Darnold chemistry -- so the slot receiver deserves to be in the WR3/4 discussion next week at home against the Raiders.

He's been cut twice in our Supeflex, the last by me after his four point dud a few weeks back. Gonna miss the playoffs because of that.  

:kicksrock:
Yeah I stupidly cut him in my non-ppr league after that and I've since also missed out on Deebo. My 3rd WR spot is dreadful. It might cost me in the playoffs. 

Jamison Crowder caught 6-of-11 targets for 90 yards and two touchdowns in the Jets' Week 15 loss to the Ravens.

Crowder's night threatened to be defined by one of the worst end zone drops you will ever see, but he thankfully managed to atone one play later. Crowder was literally uncovered on the gaffe. He added a much more impressive 18-yard score in the fourth quarter, beating tight coverage from Brandon Carr. Tonight's revival came after a string of WR6 performances. He will have a hard time staying hot against the Steelers' imposing defense in Week 16, though Mike Tomlin's defense has traditionally had trouble with slot receivers.

Jamison Crowder corralled four of eight targets for 60 yards Sunday in the Jets' Week 16 win over the Steelers.

Crowder commanded a robust 30.8-percent target share, though New York's reliance on the run limited his opportunities as Sam Darnold attempted a season-low 26 passes in Sunday's victory. Now at 70 catches for the season—a career-high for the fifth-year slot man—Crowder has been a serviceable enough PPR asset, though his relatively low ceiling has kept him mired in WR3/4 obscurity. That's not likely to change in a tough matchup with Buffalo's stacked secondary in Week 17.

New York Daily News' Charles McDonald stated that Jets WR Jamison Crowder "is very clearly the best wide receiver."

Crowder joined the Jets in 2019 and immediately got to work. He recorded 78 receptions for 833 yards and six touchdowns. Crowder led the Jets in every receiving category. McDonald did go on to say that Crowder being the top option by a wide margin is "is a bit concerning." The Jets selected Denzel Mims with the No. 59 overall pick but Mims is unable to practice due to a hamstring injury. Breshad Perriman is expected to start on the outside and could see an increased role if Mims isn't healthy. Jeff Smith also had an impressive showing in practice while Mims and veteran Vyncint Smith were sidelined.

RELATED: 

Breshad Perriman

, Vyncint Smith

, Jeff Smith

SOURCE: New York Daily News

Aug 16, 2020, 2:30 PM ET

Jamison Crowder caught 7-of-13 targets for 115 yards and a touchdown in the Jets' Week 1 loss to the Bills. 

On a day where the Jets looked absolutely atrocious in nearly every phase of the game, Crowder was a rare bright spot, breaking a tackle to score 69-yard touchdown. It was one of the slower 69-yarders you will ever see, but it got the job done. This is going to be Crowder's role in the Jets' dysfunctional offense, vacuuming up targets and occasionally doing more than falling down with them. Most weeks, it should play as a WR3. Week 2 against the 49ers should be one of those weeks, but Sam Darnold may be under a ghostly amount of pressure. 

- Rotoworld

Jamison Crowder (hamstring) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

Crowder battled a bit of a tight hamstring in training camp but wasn't on the injury report last week before going 7-115-1 against the Bills on 13 targets. This is definitely something to monitor ahead of Week 2 against the Niners. We should have a better feel for Crowder's status after practice Thursday.

Sep 16, 2020, 5:18 PM ET

If Crowder  goes off again this weekend in a tough matchup, I'd say he's a must start in PPR leagues from here on out. I actually have him benched in a few leagues where I'm pretty rich at WR, but I'm curious to see how he does this weekend. 

If Crowder  goes off again this weekend in a tough matchup, I'd say he's a must start in PPR leagues from here on out. I actually have him benched in a few leagues where I'm pretty rich at WR, but I'm curious to see how he does this weekend. 
He’s a PPR god. 13 targets is 13 targets. If he has 50% completion he’s catching 7 balls for XX yards.

and as we saw Sunday, he has the gas to get it to the end zone & the strength to break a tackle to get there.

Niners banged up on offense so expect a bunch of 3 & outs, Jets cupboard is bare at RB, Sherman OUT, Niners secondary not all that great?

Jets stink but they’ll get a lot of possessions in this game, at home. 

I’m all aboard the Crowder train. Choo chooooooooooo!

:pickle:

ets WR Jamison Crowder (hamstring) missed Thursday's practice and could miss this week's game against the 49ers. 

Jets head coach Adam Gase said Crowder was not a candidate for IR. The Athletic's Connor Hughes said the Jets "don’t know about his status for Sunday. They need to see if he’s able to work this week." That means Crowder's Friday practice status will probably determine his availability against the Niners on Sunday. Crowder commanded 39 percent of the team's Week 1 targets, the third highest target share among all receivers last week. If he misses Week 2, it could mean more opportunity for TE Chris Herndon and WR Breshad Perriman. In Week 1, Perriman played every Jets' offensive snap and drew five targets, catching three for 17 yards. Even without Crowder in the lineup, Perriman is a borderline fantasy start in deeper formats. 

RELATED: 

Breshad Perriman

SOURCE: Ethan Greenberg on Twitter 

Sep 17, 2020, 11:31 AM ET

Crowder likely a scratch from this weekend's game..reminds me -  why the heck am I looking at a Jets' player anyways?! good grief.

That's why you need depth. So I can plug in Crowder now that Michael Thomas is hurt. And if that's a problem, I can always flex Marlon Mack... 😞
If I'm being technical Boyd and Crowder were fighting for my 3rd wr spot, so I did start with /some/ depth - like when I got Josh Gordon as throw in in a dynasty trade and ne preseason hero Damien Harris for my flex.

Jamison Crowder (hamstring) is not practicing Wednesday.

This offense is completely broken. None of the Jets' "skill" players are worth firing up for Week 3 against the Colts if Crowder sits, outside of maybe Chris Herndon, but he flopped badly Week 2 against the Niners.

Sep 23, 2020, 5:08 PM ET

Someobe dropped him in my league. Can't find a player to drop for him damn it. In a PPR league...he's wirth stashing until healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread