What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I need help losing weight and getting back in shape (1 Viewer)

@Daywalker - Low-fat/fat free foods, especially the dairy type are a huge trap. Stuff like "I can't believe it's not butter" seem to be healthy on the surface but you are often times much better served eating full fat butter, milk, cheese and etc. Fat-free products are extremely processed (how the #### do you make butter fat free?), less satiating and can be counter-productive when said products would instead be providing you with the healthy, monosaturated fats that lead to a leaner waste. Even saturated fats aren't bad for you when eaten in moderation.
It's all about calories.

Eating five pieces of toast with I can't believe it's not butter and sugar free strawberry preserve at 250 calories fills me up. Satiated.

@Daywalker - Low-fat/fat free foods, especially the dairy type are a huge trap. Stuff like "I can't believe it's not butter" seem to be healthy on the surface but you are often times much better served eating full fat butter, milk, cheese and etc. Fat-free products are extremely processed (how the #### do you make butter fat free?), less satiating and can be counter-productive when said products would instead be providing you with the healthy, monosaturated fats that lead to a leaner waste. Even saturated fats aren't bad for you when eaten in moderation.
I'm also not saying this the most healthy and efficient way to eat. Just what I eat is a hell of a lot better then fast food and the crap I was eating before. And most importantly I can keep it up.

It's all about calories.

Eating five pieces of toast with I can't believe it's not butter and sugar free strawberry preserve at 250 calories fills me up. Satiated.
Yes, you could technically lose weight by running a calorie deficit and eating nothing but twinkies every day but that wouldn't exactly be healthy or a realistic long-term strategy. It's more than just calories, the quality of the food is super important.

It's all about calories.

Yes, you could technically lose weight by running a calorie deficit and eating nothing but twinkies every day but that wouldn't exactly be healthy or a realistic long-term strategy. It's more than just calories, the quality of the food is super important.
Calories is what is important.

Yeo i don't know if people take me seriously or not. I'm guessing probably not. I'm a finance major but my minor is nutrition (i'm a health freak). Honestly first step is to make small changes in your life style. For example say you have sweets in your house and soda or whatever. Make it hard to reach. say sweets and soda are at eye sight and you can just reach and grab them, move them. Make them so you have to do a physical activity to get them. So put them on the very bottom shelf or the very top shelf. Make it an effort to get them. After a week or two you will slowly eat/ drink less (this isn't involving alcohol ill get to that). After you slowly limit your sweets you needs to start a very small exercise plan even if its a step counter which i think is worthless but it helps as you get older. Always every single day try and beat the amount of steps you have taking. So say Monday you took 550 steps ( again i don't know what the average is because i think this thing is useless but it shows to help) tuesday try atleast to get a minimum of 551 steps. You have to be competitive with yourself. You HAVE to want to beat your previous mark. Do this with jogging/walking too( I suggest this over the step counter). So say you run/jog around your block and only get to a specific light post. The next time you go just make sure you get past that specific light post and then continue. The hardest part to losing weight is committing to it. All those fads and diets are bull sh!t. Yes you do lose weight in the short run but over the long run unless you can afford to keep up with the payments of the program you will put on all that weight again plus some. I bolded and underlined that one part because it is a complete lifestyle change. You can't just say oh I'm going to lose weight and expect it to happen. You have to work at it. It is a commitment that you impose on yourself to lose weight. Once you get physical activity into your schedule and are competing against your self is then when you can start noticing calories and what you are taking in. Its all about baby steps. If you try to jump to many steps it will be too hard and odds are you will end up giving up. But you can just start by looking at how many calories you are burning during your runs/jogs and how much you are taking in. By now you should have almost completely got rid of sweets except for very rare occasions where maybe you grab 1 or 2 cookies / few chips with a sandwich. I shouldn't have to say it but i forgot it earlier but complete get rid of fast food if you eat that nasty sh-it. It does absolutely no good for your body. You have to look at your body as if you would look at a Porsche or if you can afford that a McLaren(if you can afford a McLaren you shouldn't even care about your weight the girls you will pull in with the money you have is good enough). If you went to get gas with one of those cars you are NOT going to put in unleaded fuel into it because it creates gunk in your engine and ruins the car. Same goes with fast food/sweets with your body. You have to treat it as if you really care about it. So as you start noticing what you eat and start noticing the calories you eat you can slowly start switching to what you eat. Say you eat white bread. Switch that to multi grain than whole wheat bread. You eat white rice with butter and salt, change that to plain white rice than to brown rice. Its literally very small steps in your LIFESTYLE that will make the biggest impacts. This gets me to alcohol. As someone who cares about their body i drink a hefty amount. My go to is Bacardi 151 and i get hammered of this before i go to the bar. I almost try to never drink beer. Just empty calories that just pack on pounds and its not muscle. Try to limit the alcohol as much as possible but i understand as its EXTREMELY hard coming from a college kid. You just have to make sure you put in the work that counter acts the extra calories you drink. So you should always being drinking water so you NEVER take in calories from drinking unless its alcohol. Im drinking a gallon a day at least. Once you get all these down i would suggest going to weight training even if its very light at first. The smallest weight training can increase your metabolism which would increase the rate you burn fat which = weight lose. I saw you said you are 40+ don't remember the exact age so i would just start of with simple squats and pushups and maybe pull-ups. I would do squats with a weight where you can do 10+ reps fairly easy and once you get around 15 it gets kind of hard. Pushups & pull-ups just do as many as possible and its like running, just try and beat you last repetition. If you can't do a pull-up go out and buy a rubber band for help. Push-ups honestly if you can't do one do the girl pushups where instead of your feet on the ground put your knees on the ground and work your way up. You are not trying to impress anyone you are doing this for yourself! You are trying to make YOURSELF in better shape. All of these can be performed at home too so you don't need those ridiculous gym membership fees. Again though this is a LIFESTYLE change. you have to force yourself to do it in the beginning but in time you won't have to and you will want to do it. You have to put aside time for working out. So say instead of sitting on this forum for an hour from 7-8 before Thursday night football going do your workout, then comeback, and then take swirves bets. There is so much more i could write but honestly this is already like an essay and i doubt anyone will read the whole thing. Wish you the best and if honestly if your serious and want help could always pm me and if tell em your exact lifestyle i can tell you what changes to make when and were and how you should be progressing. Its all up to you though man. Its your body and honestly you have to recognize everything you put in and what exactly is going in. After a long time you won't look at food as what taste good you will look at it as how many carbs are in it, how many grams of protein, how much fat is in it, is it saturated fat, what is the sodium level and so on. Goodluck man wish ya the best!

A simple and kind of fun way to cut out some calories is to split a meal with your wife when you go out to eat. You'll save money, cut your calories in half and you'll both leave the restaurant full and happy without that "oh, I ate too much" resentment.

From the description of your diet it sounds like you're probably retaining a ton of water weight from the amount of sodium you're getting in your fast-food meals and going out to eat combined with the water retention from drinking alcohol. I generally drink a lot of beer watching football on Sundays. It seems to take until the following Friday to drop all the water weight I retained from that one binge. And this is just by looking in the mirror. I don't have a scale and I drink at least a gallon of water a day.

As others have said you have to start making your own breakfast and lunches at home. I think you know this though. Normally I would say leftovers is a good way to do this but from your description of your home-cooked meals it may be that it's not the best option. How about trying a healthy but filling crock pot recipe on Sunday that will get you through a few lunches during the week?

All you need is an elastic exercise band to work out. Just getting that little bit of burn and tightness you retain from working out will make you feel good and confident. This leads to better habits.

In the end it's up to you which is a good thing because you have control over the situation. It's time to make a change for life. Not for a few weeks, forever. Since you're diet is so poor right now any amount of change will have a positive effect and it would be noticeable quickly I think. You know what you have to do, just do it. You'll be a lot happier and it will be a sustained happiness which will more than make up for the temporary joy of having a few martinis and enjoying a big meal at a restaurant.

After re-reading this I think it comes off sounding a little preachy. I don't mean it to be. I could benefit from losing 15 pounds myself. I do have a weakness for beer. But I do exercise 3 times a week and I walk almost everywhere. We cook almost everything at home and go out to eat maybe once a week. We have a garden which supplements our meals with tomatoes, kale, etc. It's also a fun hobby which is also a little more exercise. But if I didn't watch what I ate and didn't exercise I would be in much worse shape. I've been there before.

At the very least try to start walking everyday. Start out at 15 minutes a day and build up to an hour every evening after work. Just put on Pandora and go. After awhile you will look forward to being outside and getting your walk in. Substitute walking for drinking. Doing this alone for 2 months will be a huge step in the right direction.

my wife is in much better shape than I am but now we are in our late 40s she is on a lose weight kick. So last week we started the P90 exercise plan (less intense than P90x) with the 21 day fit diet. Not bad so far - the main thing for me is the cardio which I have neglected for 20 + years. So, strong as an ox but terrible cardio and about 50 pounds overweight. 7 days in, minor results so far but hoping by holding each other accountable the results should start to snowball. The first major step was getting rid of pop and diet pop altogether. Took an adjustment, but don't really miss it. Find myself drinking a lot of water opposed to the 3-4 Diet Mt Dews I used to drink each day. Hoping to have tangible results by March and by continuing cardio to get that habitualized.

Stop eating fast food, that crap is poison. Get out a walk a little bit. Make incremental improvements with your diet and exercise each week.

I'm not into the apps or calorie counting, so I can't help you there, but there are three things you can do to drastically improve your weight:

Breakfast and lunch must change. Nothing will happen until you stop with the fast food twice a day. A cup of yogurt for breakfast, have some nuts around 11am to hold you over, and something reasonable for lunch - preferably something without bread. That's step one.

Step 2 is stop w/ the diet soda and iced tea. Drink water. If you must have flavor, buy some flavored seltzer. Don't drink your calories, and diet soda is horrible for you.

Step three? Alcohol. Cut down. Cut it in half, in fact. That you say you are reading what others drink and saying "well, I'm ok then" is a bit of a clue that yea, you drink too much. I'm 49 and cut my drinking in half about a year ago - just kind of naturally happened, as the buzz just wasn't agreeing with me anymore. I drank like you say you do - only 2 or 3 days a week, a few drinks each time, or maybe 6-8 beers on a Saturday... I was doing maybe 12-15 drinks a week. I cut that in half, and almost immediately lost 10 pounds without even trying. I'm down to maybe 5 drinks a week now - the upside is, I lost a lot of tolerance. 2-3 beers is a fine evening now.

Do these three simple things, and everything will improve.
Iced tea is a problem?
I guess it depends - if it's unsweetened, no. If it's Snapple, yes.
Yeah most store bought iced teas are just tea flavored pops.

I read about half of the above, believe there are a few points being missed:

-some said it, but first step is a thorough physical by Doctor. Ask him to be very frank / honest with you about your health

-many said it, but diet is 90% of the game. I would advise you to do some simple weightlifting (nested Dumbbells might be god for that). I say that as when you see muscles developing it is a nice motivator, will see results quicker than waistline

-another set a goal of 1lb per week. This is a good idea. Make a chart, straight line from now until 12 months from now (big printed chart). Weigh yourself in morning first thing, plot the data with a pencil. If you deviate from the line you will be motivated to improve.

-you won't win this battle without the wife on board. She is the shopper, and she needs to change shopping habits at the store. That means significant reduction in carbs, vegetable and lean meat based dinners, make dinner more boring (your grandkids will thank you), and basically be an ally. Without her on board I don't think you get there

-no fast food. None. If you must, make it chipotle and put it in a bowl.

-Sunday needs to be snack prep day. Make a crapload of snacks in baggies, munch on these throughout the day. Examples include grapes, hummus/carrots/celery, Apple, dozen whole almonds, cheese stick, one square dark chocolate

-no whites (potatoes / rice / bread). They are no longer an option

If you eat the right stuff you can eat as much of it as you want. No one ever gained weight eating salad, no matter how much you eat.

What time do you go to sleep?
Varies. I worked overnights from age 18-30, so my body clock still sometimes is effed up because of that. Usually I TRY to go to bed around 10:30. My wife is a nurse and works crazy hours, so sometimes she is just exhausted and heads to be at 9 or 9:30. On nights she goes to bed before me I have a tendency to stay up and try to find some late night sports to gamble on (thanks wagering forum!) and then sometimes it can be as late as 1AM or 1:30AM. I may do that for 2-3 nights and then just get exhausted. I've had a week from hell at work, last night I was ready for bed at 930, but she was on call and didn't even get in the door until 9. We went to bed together at 10:30. She got up early this morning and went grocery shopping. I rolled out at 8:45 AM, feeling somewhat caught up. Now, tonight, we have an ugly sweater Christmas party, and it will be a late night again, and the process will start again.

One more point of clarification, because I keep seeing it brought up, when it comes to food, sweets in and of themselves are not the problem. Outside of the holidays when my wife has bowls of M&M's sitting everywhere, including right next to my recliner, typically, I can go with or without sweets. I have a salt palate I guess you would say. If I had my choice of a 2nd steak or dessert, I'd take the steak. Carbs are a problem, absolutely love pasta and pasta type dishes. I know cutting carbs would be huge. We do use the Sara Lee bread. I love eggs, and when I eat at home for breakfast, it's typically eggs, but, again, it's portion control. I'll either fry up 3 eggs with 2 pieces of whole wheat Sara Lee toast, or I'll scramble up maybe 4 eggs and throw in some turkey/chicken meat, 2 pieces of American cheese and 3 or 4 spoonfuls of olive muffalata (sp?) Also, when I cook my eggs I throw in a good chunk of butter to grease up the pan, that is probably part of the problem as well.

Cut out the carbs - vegetables, fruits and lean proteins.

and get to the gym, or at least walk or do something to increase your metabolism

Diet is the key more than the exercise... you can't out train a poor diet.

Good Luck!!

I think you need to talk to a psychologist. You know your eating habits aren't good yet you keep doing it.
I knew smoking wasn't good for me, yet I kept doing it.

One day, I didn't do it and I built from there. 11+ years later, I still don't smoke. You might not believe this, but there was no psychologist involved.

I think you need to talk to a psychologist. You know your eating habits aren't good yet you keep doing it.

One day, I didn't do it and I built from there. 11+ years later, I still don't smoke. You might not believe this, but there was no psychologist involved.
Not saying a psychologist is the only answer, just saying it's an option. Many people don't consider food habits as an addiction or impulse problem.

Not saying a psychologist is the only answer, just saying it's an option. Many people don't consider food habits as an addiction or impulse problem.
I've honestly thought about the addiction angle here. I see commercials for it, and to myself I think, you're just a fat #### like me, quit chalking it up to some bs sickness, but on the other hand, I'm prone to addictions (see wagering thread), I have a tendency to not do anything halfway, whether it be booze, gambling..........at 30, it used to be women, although not at the level that you are performing Ron..........my addictive personality has always gotten me in trouble, including costing me my first marriage.

Let's start with breakfast. What are you getting at McDonalds everyday?
Depends on the day. Sometimes I feel like trying to behave and I'll do the egg white delite combo, usually with an ice tea. If I'm coming off a drunk or I don't give a #### it's a sausage mcmuffin combo, or a sausage egg bisquit combo which I always add cheese to, or a steak bagel combo. Sometimes if I really don't give a #### I'll add a breakfast burrito to it. If I REALLY REALLY don't give a ####, I'll add a diet coke.

This morning I had 3 fried eggs, 2 pieces of Sara Lee whole wheat toast with butter and took the dog for a 20 minute walk. I totally could do 30 minutes, outside of my legs tiring, I certainly wasn't out of breath or anything. It's just always making time. On a Saturday morning, piece of cake. Weekday with work, not as easy, and when I get home I don't want to do anything.

• Smile
Reactions: Hoh

I've honestly thought about the addiction angle here. I see commercials for it, and to myself I think, you're just a fat #### like me, quit chalking it up to some bs sickness, but on the other hand, I'm prone to addictions (see wagering thread), I have a tendency to not do anything halfway, whether it be booze, gambling..........at 30, it used to be women, although not at the level that you are performing Ron..........my addictive personality has always gotten me in trouble, including costing me my first marriage.
If that is the case then you can get addicted to eating well. You just need to make the initial changes. Throw out all the crap in your house. Start with the Sara Lee bread.

I agree you should get a physical too. Maybe some scary blood work could get you to make the initial changes.

If that is the case then you can get addicted to eating well. You just need to make the initial changes. Throw out all the crap in your house. Start with the Sara Lee bread.

I agree you should get a physical too. Maybe some scary blood work could get you to make the initial changes.
I'm going to bet he's already seen some scary blood work.

What I finally realized after I gained almost 60 lbs. in the past 10 years is that I valued eating more than being in shape. Once it clicked more me that health > eating I've lost 20 lbs. (almost entirely by changing how I eat) and have decided to lose a total of 100 lbs.

Frankly, until you value health more than eating you will not keep off any weight you lose.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Sara Lee bread is 30 calorie diet bread. I'm sure that's not the problem. I've had bloodwork. It's obviously not scared me enough. My cholesterol has dropped pretty dramatically the last 6 months with a new medication, not because of anything I've done. The time before last when I was tested my dr. basically told me "fix it or die". Somebody earlier mentioned "borderline diabetic". Dr has threatened that too. That scares me more than anything, as one of my best friends had diabetes and basically drank himself to the point of being an invalid.

Depends on the day. Sometimes I feel like trying to behave and I'll do the egg white delite combo, usually with an ice tea. If I'm coming off a drunk or I don't give a #### it's a sausage mcmuffin combo, or a sausage egg bisquit combo which I always add cheese to, or a steak bagel combo. Sometimes if I really don't give a #### I'll add a breakfast burrito to it. If I REALLY REALLY don't give a ####, I'll add a diet coke.This morning I had 3 fried eggs, 2 pieces of Sara Lee whole wheat toast with butter and took the dog for a 20 minute walk. I totally could do 30 minutes, outside of my legs tiring, I certainly wasn't out of breath or anything. It's just always making time. On a Saturday morning, piece of cake. Weekday with work, not as easy, and when I get home I don't want to do anything.
Goal for this week is to add fruit and skip the combo portion of this. If you want a (single) mc muffin go for it, but only if you eat the fruit first. We are trying to instill a mindset of slow substitution not rapid deprivation. You dig?

Depends on the day. Sometimes I feel like trying to behave and I'll do the egg white delite combo, usually with an ice tea. If I'm coming off a drunk or I don't give a #### it's a sausage mcmuffin combo, or a sausage egg bisquit combo which I always add cheese to, or a steak bagel combo. Sometimes if I really don't give a #### I'll add a breakfast burrito to it. If I REALLY REALLY don't give a ####, I'll add a diet coke.

This morning I had 3 fried eggs, 2 pieces of Sara Lee whole wheat toast with butter and took the dog for a 20 minute walk. I totally could do 30 minutes, outside of my legs tiring, I certainly wasn't out of breath or anything. It's just always making time. On a Saturday morning, piece of cake. Weekday with work, not as easy, and when I get home I don't want to do anything.
If you really need to hit McDonalds every day then only get an egg white delite and diet Coke. Don't allow yourself to get anything else - especially the ice tea which has the calories of an egg white delite. You're better off getting two egg white delites and a diet coke.

Move around more. Drink less alcohol for a little while (f those no booze sickos). Eat smaller portions and cut back on starches and sugars for the time being. Find a physical activity that you enjoy and do it daily. In essence, get yourself hooked on the endorphines. I eliminated pasta and rice and ate a lot of fish for a few months a few years back and it was wild how quickly the weight fell off.

ETA: and yeah, im not a micro manager type with it. just make some adjustments and wait for your pants and belt to become too big. thats the important scale.

Last edited by a moderator:
What time do you go to sleep?
Varies. I worked overnights from age 18-30, so my body clock still sometimes is effed up because of that. Usually I TRY to go to bed around 10:30. My wife is a nurse and works crazy hours, so sometimes she is just exhausted and heads to be at 9 or 9:30. On nights she goes to bed before me I have a tendency to stay up and try to find some late night sports to gamble on (thanks wagering forum!) and then sometimes it can be as late as 1AM or 1:30AM. I may do that for 2-3 nights and then just get exhausted. I've had a week from hell at work, last night I was ready for bed at 930, but she was on call and didn't even get in the door until 9. We went to bed together at 10:30. She got up early this morning and went grocery shopping. I rolled out at 8:45 AM, feeling somewhat caught up. Now, tonight, we have an ugly sweater Christmas party, and it will be a late night again, and the process will start again.
Tylenol PM is your friend. Take those and go to bed early instead of staying up late and snacking.

Dude stop eating at McDonald's all together. You'll just pull up with the best intentions but cave when they offer a 2 for 1 sausage egg and cheese special.

Buy breakfast shakes, oatmeal, yogurt from the store and just leave it all at work (if possible) and drive straight to work. If can't leave it there, grab a few items in the morning and go straight to work.

You can't go to bar if you have a drinking problem "just to have one".

"People, places and things" applies to food too.

One more point of clarification, because I keep seeing it brought up, when it comes to food, sweets in and of themselves are not the problem. Outside of the holidays when my wife has bowls of M&M's sitting everywhere, including right next to my recliner, typically, I can go with or without sweets. I have a salt palate I guess you would say. If I had my choice of a 2nd steak or dessert, I'd take the steak. Carbs are a problem, absolutely love pasta and pasta type dishes. I know cutting carbs would be huge. We do use the Sara Lee bread. I love eggs, and when I eat at home for breakfast, it's typically eggs, but, again, it's portion control. I'll either fry up 3 eggs with 2 pieces of whole wheat Sara Lee toast, or I'll scramble up maybe 4 eggs and throw in some turkey/chicken meat, 2 pieces of American cheese and 3 or 4 spoonfuls of olive muffalata (sp?) Also, when I cook my eggs I throw in a good chunk of butter to grease up the pan, that is probably part of the problem as well.
Reminded me of this study - junk food is not making you fat.

A typical day at the office for me is oatmeal early morning, yogurt around 10:30, gym at noon and lunch about 1:30 (some combo of protein and veggies). Keep "good snacks" around. Almonds (avoid dried fruit, there's a ton of sugar in it). Also, ketchup is hereby deemed devil's semen; no more, ever.

Food has become simply fuel to me. I get pleasure from working out and whoring out.

If you really need to hit McDonalds every day then only get an egg white delite and diet Coke. Don't allow yourself to get anything else - especially the ice tea which has the calories of an egg white delite. You're better off getting two egg white delites and a diet coke.
It's not every day. It's usually 3-4 days a week. McD's breakfast is my major weakness. Any other fast food for the most part is just a convenience, not a craving. Why did I always think ice tea was a healthy alternative? I drink it without sweetener? I thought it was just water/tea bags.....................

It's not every day. It's usually 3-4 days a week. McD's breakfast is my major weakness. Any other fast food for the most part is just a convenience, not a craving. Why did I always think ice tea was a healthy alternative? I drink it without sweetener? I thought it was just water/tea bags.....................
McDonalds regular iced tea is 230 calories (with 59 grams of sugar!) but they do have an unsweetened version with 0 calories. If you have been drinking that then it's better than a diet Coke, but if a diet Coke helps you eat healthier it is not the demon many make it out to be.

A typical day at the office for me is oatmeal early morning, yogurt around 10:30, gym at noon and lunch about 1:30 (some combo of protein and veggies). Keep "good snacks" around. Almonds (avoid dried fruit, there's a ton of sugar in it). Also, ketchup is hereby deemed devil's semen; no more, ever.

Food has become simply fuel to me. I get pleasure from working out and whoring out.
I would love to be able to view food this way, but I get a tremendous amount of pleasure out of food. Especially good food, good wine, good scotch, etc. As for the whoring out, I chose to get married a second time. I'm obviously lazier than you GB. The amount of effort it took to constantly be putting #####es in my bed got to be too much. And too expensive. As I mentioned, I'm not much for doing anything halfway. When I was single, if there wasn't SOME girl in my bed every night, I deemed the day a failure for the most part. Got married about 7 years ago, been with my bride for almost 9. Couldn't be happier from that standpoint.

McDonalds regular iced tea is 230 calories (with 59 grams of sugar!) but they do have an unsweetened version with 0 calories. If you have been drinking that then it's better than a diet Coke, but if a diet Coke helps you eat healthier it is not the demon many make it out to be.
It's not good for you. Not only the artificial sweetener, but iirc, it does weird things to your body, including messing with your metabolism.

Water / seltzer is where it's at with drinks. Just switching to these can have some really positive effects.

It's not good for you. Not only the artificial sweetener, but iirc, it does weird things to your body, including messing with your metabolism.

Water / seltzer is where it's at with drinks. Just switching to these can have some really positive effects.
I agree about water - you should strive to make it the only thing (besides tea) that you drink, but one diet Coke a day with a meal isn't going to harm you (this advice comes from a friend who is a GI surgeon). Now if you're drinking a 2 liter a day that's a different story.

Users who are viewing this thread