What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (29 Viewers)

My recent FFPC trades

1. I traded Rishard Mathews, I got Booker 

2. I traded Lamar Miller and 2.07, I got Woods and 3.05

of course neither are big trades but I felt good for my teams

Hankmoody said:
So will being an average talent.  It's not like I would expect a Vrabel-lead team to have a radically different strategy either.
:lmao:    He's had some growing pains but the guy is far above an "average talent" in the NFL. 

Playing for Mike Mularkey will do that to a guy.
yep. 

menobrown said:
He's already shown he's good, both real and fantasy, he just had a down year and has yet to show if he is elite or a QB1.  No different than a lot of long time highly successful fantasy and HOF QB's and a lot of them probably had it better in the early parts of their career then Mularkey as your head coach and Rishard Mathews your best WR.   
in all honesty, MM is better for the Titans than for your FF team, or has been anyway.  Like you said, a lot of really good QBs start that way.  FWIW Tom Brady wasn't all that great in FF until his 6th year - and that's with one of the best HCs in NFL history.  Just sayin' it takes time sometimes.  

My recent FFPC trades

Booker in the first...Mathews is what he is...little value there...while Booker is still a total mystery I would rather have him on my roster just in case the best case scenario happens in Denver...I would go Woods easily in the other deal...I am real high on Woods...I feel he is one of the more underrated WRs...he put up good numbers per game last year and not only that but he really looked legit...he is on a very good offense and they have invested good money in him and as of now he has been worth it...

Last edited by a moderator:
FFPC not involved

Team A got: Antonio Brown

Team B got:  Amari Cooper, Dez Bryant
I'd prefer AB side but can see merit of this deal for the other side. Get a much younger piece in Cooper who I think rebounds and maybe if Dez can pick it up just a little the extra WR depth won't leave them much if any worse in the short term.

People forget that similar to Cooper, AB regressed in season 3, not as bad as Cooper regressed but he had a disappointing season. He was viewed as a low upside WR3 type who would never be a big red zone guy. Was a 5th-6th round startup guy that year. Similar to the Mariotta discussion people just seem to forget that young players take a little time to get where they are going.

This is an example of something that has been discussed...the no reason add on...if you can get OBJ for Cooper and Ertz you'd be real happy...how does Kittle get added in as well...as for the trade this makes no sense for the OBJ owner...if you are going to trade a legit stud you need to be overwhelmed...that is not happening here...if last year was not a fluke for Cooper this deal could be a complete train wreck...
I'd not give Cooper and  Ertz for OBJ in this format, would have needed Kittles to make this move if I was giving up Cooper and Ertz.

My recent FFPC trades

Liked the first one for you. Take a shot on Booker, if he does not win job just chop and move on. Mathews I feel like I can replace.

Would have kept Miller in second. Not a huge Miller fan by any stretch(who is anymore?) but I think Texans are light on early draft picks so RB comp other then Foreman may not be that heavy. Small deal but I might do Miller for Woods straight, would no move back from 2.7 to 3.5.

The only reason I can think of is because he had 101 receptions for 1533 yards and 9 TDs in 14 games last year...
I was half joking, but I think Brown is very overpriced in Dynasty.  He should have a good season this year but we have seen how bad he is without Big Ben. I do agree Dez is not a good piece. 

I was half joking, but I think Brown is very overpriced in Dynasty.  He should have a good season this year but we have seen how bad he is without Big Ben. I do agree Dez is not a good piece. 
Ben isn't going anywhere, I don't think.  And if he does, they're going to replace him - not just trot out their backup.

Ben isn't going anywhere, I don't think.  And if he does, they're going to replace him - not just trot out their backup.
Replacing a top Qb is not easy. Also Brown's skill set is the type that drops off a cliff fast. He isn't a big receiver that has better longevity. 

I have zero issues trading him but you gotta get more than that...Dez is a complete unknown right now and is not getting any younger and while Cooper still has a lot of upside he was a complete disaster last year...if I am gonna deal one of the very best players in all of fantasy I need to get a lot more back than that...

I have zero issues trading him but you gotta get more than that...Dez is a complete unknown right now and is not getting any younger and while Cooper still has a lot of upside he was a complete disaster last year...if I am gonna deal one of the very best players in all of fantasy I need to get a lot more back than that...
I understand that, but what would you need to trade him? The problem is that only a team that is win now will want him at this point. That really limits trade possibilities. I traded one that was Davante Adams and 2019 1st (top 2 probably #1 pick) for Brown and a 2019 3rd. I got Adams and the pick. Made no sense for the team getting Brown. But no one wanted to give much for Brown. 

Replacing a top Qb is not easy. Also Brown's skill set is the type that drops off a cliff fast. He isn't a big receiver that has better longevity. 
I would see that almost completely opposite but historical data would be light because not a lot of highly successful smaller WR's and the one's that are tend to be slot guys or burners. He's more quick then fast and a very cerebral player and those are area's you can generally age well. Always hard to predict the future but what I know right now is among what I view as his contemporary's(Dez, Julio, Green) he sure looks like he's aging better than them to me.

I would see that almost completely opposite but historical data would be light because not a lot of highly successful smaller WR's and the one's that are tend to be slot guys or burners. He's more quick then fast and a very cerebral player and those are area's you can generally age well. Always hard to predict the future but what I know right now is among what I view as his contemporary's(Dez, Julio, Green) he sure looks like he's aging better than them to me.
That is a good point about him compared to his contemporaries. I just see the wheels coming off without Ben. 

12 team PPR start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE Flex

I gave: Carlos Henderson, Gerald Everett and 2019 second (hopefully later)

I got: Mahomes

only had Mariota at QB unless McCarron actually does good so wanted to add another QB with high potential

I understand that, but what would you need to trade him? The problem is that only a team that is win now will want him at this point. That really limits trade possibilities. I traded one that was Davante Adams and 2019 1st (top 2 probably #1 pick) for Brown and a 2019 3rd. I got Adams and the pick. Made no sense for the team getting Brown. But no one wanted to give much for Brown. 
I have no problem making an investment expecting three full years of return. Big Ben's whining about retirement was about getting rid of Haley who he had personal difficulties with.  He's not walking away from $20M a year until they push him out.

FFPC saw this one happen yesterday

Team A got:  Demaryius Thomas

Team B got:  Mariota, and 2.02

Not quite sure why team B went after Mariota since he has Garoppolo, Brees, and Watson on the roster.  Maybe he thinks it's Zealots?  
Turns out he dropped Mariota today so basically DT for 2.02. 

I agree, why would anyone want a 30 year old Wr who is about to lose his QB to retirement. 
Didn't Ben just sign on for another 3 years? That's 3 years of the best WR of a generation. As for Brown's longevity, I forsee a Marvin Harrison comparison. Dude has aged incredibly well so far.

With you only having Everett as your top TE, I hate it for you. 

And with Josh McCown as your ONLY QB, I really hate any trade in which you don’t target a QB. 
I'll pick up another TE in a better situation. And getting a QB is what acquiring picks is for. I have these now

Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.06

Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.11

Year 2018 Draft Pick 2.02

Year 2018 Draft Pick 2.12

Year 2018 Draft Pick 3.02

Year 2018 Draft Pick 3.04

Year 2018 Draft Pick 5.02

Year 2018 Draft Pick 5.10

Didn't Ben just sign on for another 3 years? That's 3 years of the best WR of a generation. As for Brown's longevity, I forsee a Marvin Harrison comparison. Dude has aged incredibly well so far.
Good comp.  I did a startup in 2015 and at pick 6 I had AB available. I'm usually one to prefer younger, in this case the decision was Mike Evans or Brown at pick 6 and starting a team with a 27 year old WR vs young Evans was not in my nature.  So I thought of the most similar player I could think off and it was Harrison and saw he did not even break out until he was same age as AB was in 2015, 27. Was a WR1 stud at age 34. I'm not banking on AB doing that at 34 because of Peyton and domelife but looking over Harrison sold me on going with AB.

Standard scoring ppr all touchdown are 6 points. Start 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 2 flex. 

I gave Golden Tate 

I got 1.12 and Robby Anderson

Standard scoring ppr all touchdown are 6 points. Start 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 2 flex. 

I gave Golden Tate 

I got 1.12 and Robby Anderson
Hmmm. This draft is pretty deep. I want to say Tate but think it's fair for both side. Tate's value will go way down after this season. 

A couple recent trades...

12 team, ppr

Gave: Dez, 1.09

Got: Corey Davis

14 teams, superflex, ppr, heavy rb scoring

Gave: Wentz

Got: Mixon, 1.03, '18 2nd

---------------------------------

Gave: Bradford, 2.09

Got: Flacco, 2.02

16 teams, ppr

Gave: AJG, Dez

Got: OBJ

Hmmm. This draft is pretty deep. I want to say Tate but think it's fair for both side. Tate's value will go way down after this season. 

A couple recent trades...

12 team, ppr

Gave: Dez, 1.09

Got: Corey Davis

14 teams, ppr, heavy rb scoring

Gave: Wentz

Got: Mixon, 1.03, '18 2nd

---------------------------------

Gave: Bradford, 2.09

Got: Flacco, 2.02

16 teams, ppr

Gave: AJG, Dez

Got: OBJ
Davis, but I see both sides

Mixon side and not close 

OBJ by a lot. 

Fwiw, we recently saw Antonio traded in a league where receivers are worth a lot, for 1.05 and two 2019 firsts. Both 19 picks will be late, like 12-16 range.

AB owner here in FFPC; the 1.5 and dual flex make Kelce attractIve, but certainly wouldn’t call it an easy deal to make. Roster constructIon would play huge part.
I can’t knock it. As a Kelce owner in majority of leagues I’m not dealing him straight across for AB. No doubt both are competitive advantages but I like the edge in a scarce position even if AB scores more. Again can’t fault the logic of AB > Kelce but given I wouldn’t make the deal straight up, the deal posted is quite lopsided for me. 

Kelce is a top 10 player as is Brown in the format. Easy deal to make. 
Kelce is changing from a highly accurate quarterback to an unknown with a deep arm, and the team just added a 16 million dollar a year receiver.  His value won't go up this year but it could drop a lot. I would be hesitant to pay top 10 overall value for him.

Users who are viewing this thread