What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (21 Viewers)

Wow - great trade for you. I can not figure out why the other guy would even consider it.
Thinking Hunt was likely to just get a 6 game suspension getting Hunt and Fournette is a lot to acquire/give up. I have a teammate in this league and this was not an instant accept for both of us, keeping in mind this was before he got cut.

So seemed like a reasonable trade to me before he was cut, in fact would have thought a good amount of people would think we were on the losing side. Doubt Hunt is done but also doubt he finds as good a situation so now it looks more one sided but I thought it was adequate before the release news.

Thinking Hunt was likely to just get a 6 game suspension getting Hunt and Fournette is a lot to acquire/give up. I have a teammate in this league and this was not an instant accept for both of us, keeping in mind this was before he got cut.

So seemed like a reasonable trade to me before he was cut, in fact would have thought a good amount of people would think we were on the losing side. Doubt Hunt is done but also doubt he finds as good a situation so now it looks more one sided but I thought it was adequate before the release news.
The way I read your post it seemed like the deal was made after he was released. I think even before then, Hunt became a risky proposition but that would make it more reasonable.

The way I read your post it seemed like the deal was made after he was released. I think even before then, Hunt became a risky proposition but that would make it more reasonable.
I edited my post to make it more clear, thanks.

Hard for me to have thought of Hunt as that big of a risk before cutting cut. Would never have thought Chiefs would cut him since they already knew of the incident and have him on a cheap deal for two more years. Then factoring in Mixon still going in round two and it rarely ever being brought up regarding him this is not an outcome I'd have ever expected. Biggest risk I felt on Hunt was he remained on exempt list this year and the 6 game suspension did not start till next year. Never saw this coming.

In one PPR dynasty league I gave Ronald Jones for Spencer Ware.  This was to guard against A J Green's injury.   I might regret it long term but that team is pretty good as it is and I want back-to-back titles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw a ppr Kareem Hunt for Chris Carson.  
Any other Hunt trades? Offered a early second to owner deep at RB. Never know an owners mindset. Based on some of these Hunt threads some out there think he'll never play again; I obviously disagree. 

A: Marcus Mariota

B: Rashaad Penny
Looking back at the last few pages, I’d like to point out to everyone who says qbs are not worth anything. They are. Every year there’s someone who runs into a problem and needs a qb, you just have to take advantage and know the rosters. I’ve made the following moves over the last couple seasons simply based on need of the other team-

kessler for 5th, 16 team full idp. Team had one qb and a bunch of picks, Kessler was Cleveland’s starter st the time. 

Mariota for future 1st- MM 2nd year, team contending lost starter for the year. Ended up being 1.10.

trubisky for guice(ir)- again, contending team whose backup was out and needed a spot start, this was the deal he could get (and trubisky has been decent, so he may get the better end eventually)

I know this may just seem like gloating (maybe it is) but I just want to illustrate how “I only carry 1-2 qbs in dynasty” can be extorted. 

Looking back at the last few pages, I’d like to point out to everyone who says qbs are not worth anything. They are. Every year there’s someone who runs into a problem and needs a qb, you just have to take advantage and know the rosters. I’ve made the following moves over the last couple seasons simply based on need of the other team-

kessler for 5th, 16 team full idp. Team had one qb and a bunch of picks, Kessler was Cleveland’s starter st the time. 

Mariota for future 1st- MM 2nd year, team contending lost starter for the year. Ended up being 1.10.

trubisky for guice(ir)- again, contending team whose backup was out and needed a spot start, this was the deal he could get (and trubisky has been decent, so he may get the better end eventually)

I know this may just seem like gloating (maybe it is) but I just want to illustrate how “I only carry 1-2 qbs in dynasty” can be extorted. 
Absolutely.  16 team IDP league with deep rosters, and I’d much rather carry a fourth QB than an extra DB.

I trade a QB about once a year, right before the trade deadline. 

I'll preface this by saying I probably paid too much in this PPR DEVY league, but I'm willing to risk it.

Gave Kerryon Johnson, Ronald Jones, mid-1st rd rookie (we have separate drafts for rookies and devys and most good players for the next couple of drafts are already on rosters and this is a rookie pick, not a devy pick (meaning you can't take an underclassman))

Got Kareem Hunt, Mike Weber, and a high 2nd rd rookie pick (probably 2.01 or 2.02). 

I'm realizing Jones may have been a mistake pick given his vision, size, and inabilities in the passing game.  I like Kerryon Johnson, don't like the Lions, but in the end I like Hunt more than Johnson.  I believe Hunt will sit out most of 2019, if not all, but by 2020 I truly believe I'll reap the rewards with Hunt over KJ.  Hunt is currently 23 years old.  All this talk about him never playing again (ala Ray Rice) isn't impossible to fathom, but I believe some team (Eagles or Ravens) will claim him. In the end, if he never plays again I'll admit my mistake and move on.

10 team 2QB 3WR 3RB 2TE 1FLEX .5ppr

I got: AB and Michel

I gave: Evans and Yeldon

I get compete pieces and he gets youth.  I really like Yeldon for next year so that was hard to give him up, but something I couldn't say no to.  

I'll preface this by saying I probably paid too much in this PPR DEVY league, but I'm willing to risk it.

Gave Kerryon Johnson, Ronald Jones, mid-1st rd rookie (we have separate drafts for rookies and devys and most good players for the next couple of drafts are already on rosters and this is a rookie pick, not a devy pick (meaning you can't take an underclassman))

Got Kareem Hunt, Mike Weber, and a high 2nd rd rookie pick (probably 2.01 or 2.02). 

I'm realizing Jones may have been a mistake pick given his vision, size, and inabilities in the passing game.  I like Kerryon Johnson, don't like the Lions, but in the end I like Hunt more than Johnson.  I believe Hunt will sit out most of 2019, if not all, but by 2020 I truly believe I'll reap the rewards with Hunt over KJ.  Hunt is currently 23 years old.  All this talk about him never playing again (ala Ray Rice) isn't impossible to fathom, but I believe some team (Eagles or Ravens) will claim him. In the end, if he never plays again I'll admit my mistake and move on.
I like buying low on Hunt, but Kerryon+ is probably too rich for my blood.

disclaimer: I don’t play devy or know who mike Weber even is

12 Team PPR

Two trades.  Team B is the same in both. 

Team A gave up:

Coutee, Keke HOU WR

Ross, John CIN WR

Valdes-Scantling, Marquez GBP WR

2019 1.01 Rookie Pick

2019 1.03 Rookie Pick

2019 Round 2 Draft Pick from Team A (in playoffs)

Team B gave up:

Beckham, Odell NYG WR

Team A gave up:

Guice, Derrius WAS RB

2019 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team A (in playoffs)

Team B gave up:

Brown, Antonio PIT WR

doowain said:
12 Team PPR

Two trades.  Team B is the same in both. 

Team A gave up:

Coutee, Keke HOU WR

Ross, John CIN WR

Valdes-Scantling, Marquez GBP WR

2019 1.01 Rookie Pick

2019 1.03 Rookie Pick

2019 Round 2 Draft Pick from Team A (in playoffs)

Team B gave up:

Beckham, Odell NYG WR

Team A gave up:

Guice, Derrius WAS RB

2019 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team A (in playoffs)

Team B gave up:

Brown, Antonio PIT WR
The 2nd deal I like a lot, I'd trade AB for Guice straight up if I were in rebuild so adding a 1st to the repertoire is a nice.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the 1st trade though.  It's bench cloggers and premium picks for arguably the top dynasty WR.  Maybe I'll understand it more when I review the 2019 class but right now, I don't particularly like trading OBJ for that.  

The 2nd deal I like a lot, I'd trade AB for Guice straight up if I were in rebuild so adding a 1st to the repertoire is a nice.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the 1st trade though.  It's bench cloggers and premium picks for arguably the top dynasty WR.  Maybe I'll understand it more when I review the 2019 class but right now, I don't particularly like trading OBJ for that.  
I agree the 2nd deal was definitely won by the team getting Guice + 1st.

As for the 1st deal... that's interesting. Those three players hold very little value to me - bench cloggers, as you say. But ultimately how you feel about the WRs in this draft will impact how you value the trade. Getting not just two firsts, but 1.01 and 1.03 is pretty nice. Statistically it's only likely the team hits on one of the two draft picks, meaning they likely get a little worse (1.01 or 1.03 WR should be very good to count as a hit at that position, but unlikely to be OBJ's level) but maybe 5 years younger. Now if they defy the odds and hit on both draft picks, then I think it becomes a good trade. Similarly if they end up with Treadwell + Corey Coleman or Cooper + Parker they will have soundly lost the trade.

A couple of last minute trades completed before our trade deadlines last night (kickoff of the week 14 TNF game.) 12 team PPR leagues:

Just missed the playoffs gets: Bell, AJG, Will Fuller, '19 1st (10~12 range), mid-3rd, mid-4th

Playoff team that lost Hunt & Conner gets: Mixon, Julio, Dante Pettis

Different league:

Playoff Team hurting at WR gets: Corey Davis, Gerald Everett, 4.01 (didn't start Davis last night due to the matchup)

Rebuilder with no TE gets: Evan Engram, Mike Williams, mid/late 3rd.

My league allows year around trading but I’ll post it here anyway.  I’m a Gordon owner, although with my depth I’m not sure I’d start Jackson anyway this week.  So more of a 2019 and beyond trade. 

12 team, 0.5 PPR, start 1/2/2/1 and a flex. 

I give 2019 2nd (will be 2.07 or 2.08)

I get Justin Jackson and 2019 3rd (prob 3.11 or 3.12)

Still crazy?
Yes, because you don't judge a trade by month old results.

Although looking at the trade, I didn't think it was crazy in the first place.  I'm no longer enamored of Watkins and was very high on both Jones and Pettis (had him as my #2 rookie WR this year) so I would have been ok with the trade.  I think he could have gotten "more" out of Watkins and of course would have pushed for that based on market value at the time, but would have taken it if pressed.

My league allows year around trading but I’ll post it here anyway.  I’m a Gordon owner, although with my depth I’m not sure I’d start Jackson anyway this week.  So more of a 2019 and beyond trade. 

12 team, 0.5 PPR, start 1/2/2/1 and a flex. 

I give 2019 2nd (will be 2.07 or 2.08)

I get Justin Jackson and 2019 3rd (prob 3.11 or 3.12)
Any thoughts on this?  I wasn’t sure what Jackson was worth and just like to know if I was in the ballpark. 

14 Team - No PPR - Standard Scoring - Start 1 qb, 1rb, 1wr, 2 flex, 1 te, 1k ,1d

Gave:  DJohnson, Golladay, Kupp

Got: McCaffrey, CGodwin, Hines

Rolling into semifinals with DJohnson scared me. Probably overpaid for McCaffrey but going for the win this year.  I now start Mahomes, McCaffrey, Hopkins, Thielen, KAllen, Kelce, Tucker, LARams.  I still have Watson, Bell, Freeman, AJGreen, Godwin, Dede Westbrook, Kittle on the bench.  Gave some young depth, but top RB hard to come by.

Andrew74 said:
Any thoughts on this?  I wasn’t sure what Jackson was worth and just like to know if I was in the ballpark. 
I prefer the 2nd, personally, so I’d call it an overpay. I haven’t watched Jackson yet, however, so I could be off.

Deal for Woods in two leagues today. PPR, 14 teamers for both.

1. Gave Fuller, got Woods, Doug Baldwin

2. Gave Landry, Taylor Gabriel, 2020 3rd, got Woods

Probably the best trade deadline player I've successfully targeted and acquired over the years, usually those type of win now trades don't pan out. This one did, looking at potentially two championships due to these two trades. Such an underrated player. 

12 team PPR -  Deep, deep, rosters.

Dalvin Cook and Packers DST (All DST's owned)

for

Ashlon Jeffrey, Jamison Crowder, Corey Clement, Josh Adams, Gus Edwards and Anthony Firkser.

Probably the best trade deadline player I've successfully targeted and acquired over the years, usually those type of win now trades don't pan out. This one did, looking at potentially two championships due to these two trades. Such an underrated player. 
Woods is criminally undervalued. Definitely going to be putting feelers out for him this offseason.

Sent Gronk and 2020 1st (late)

For

3.2 this year and 2020 1st (early)

Guessing 1.8-1.12 and 1.2-1.5 are the picks.  One of my favorite moves is swapping my first for a future first in a trade.

12 team league, not sure how people view McKinnon for next year, but I was offered 2nd & 3rd round rookie draft picks (12th each rd) for him. He has breida which is why he wants him. Would anyone take it? My 1st year in dynasty which is much different from redraft.

10-team PPR (deep rosters)

Melvin Gordon owner, also deep at WR.

gave Damien Williams and Robby Anderson

got Justin Jackson, 2019 picks 2.02, 3.01, 4.01, 5.01.  

I’m sure most will think I should have gotten more for Williams.  Have Kamara, Ingram, David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, LeSean McCoy at RB, with four of the top 12 picks in the draft.

12 team, PPR

Gave:

McCaffrey, 1.7, Jamaal Williams, Crabtree

Got:

Antonio Brown

Not sure how this looks to people in a vacuum but CMC was the teams #6 RB. Williams the teams #7RB but he was going to get cut or traded in next 10 days and so far efforts to get so much as a late second were not working out.  Team has a ton of talent at WR but needed a surefire #1.

I feel this is cheap for Brown. I've seen a few trades lately I thought were cheap for him. Makes me want to try and buy. If McCaffery were named Hunt or Kamara then maybe. I know Brown and Ben won't be together much longer but I thought Ben said he was in for 3 more years. If so then I see no reason Brown isn't still the WR1. 

Note, if I'm wrong about Ben I would still want more to move Brown. Especially to a team that is supposedly stacked. I'd rather keep him rostered until the wheels fall off. I see zero decline in Brown's game. 

Brown by a lot. 

Value is on the Brown side.  Not by a ton but seems somewhat obvious.

Knowing what I know about the team getting Brown, Mccaffrey would have barely been in the lineup, and Brown will score 150-200 more than who he woulda had in there.

Kind of deal the other 10 guys in the league will hate.

Would u have traded Brown for McCaffrey, 1.07, Crabtree and Williams in leagues your trying to sell AB ?  Pretty good value for AB if your trying to him me thinks.

Not seeing this at all.  McCaffrey is going about 10 picks after Brown in startups.

I believe I got this one right.  It only took 1 season for McCaffrey to surpass Brown in startup value because of the age and almost everyone on here thought Brown trade was so lopsided in our favor.  I didn't know McCaffrey would end up being the #1 overall RB this year but he was a PPR stud last year so even if he did what he did last year his value being so young would be close to Brown next year.  Thank goodness for Brown's 44 point outburst the final week otherwise this  trade would been a complete disaster.  That 44 point outburst at least got us up to 4th overall out of about 700 teams but not quite enough to win the entire contest.

i really wish I had pick 1 in a league this year
No you don't because you would be regretting how you traded away Barkley right now.  You always say this each year back in 2016 you said same thing thinking Zeke was overvalued and guess what Zeke was not overvalued.  Hey you got the Trent Richardson one right at least.

10 team non ppr...

A gives Devonta Freeman, DaeSean Hamilton, K Kirk, Kwon Alexander, the #14 rookie pick

B gives up Tevin Coleman, Agholor, Kenny Golladay

I'm not really following this deal for team A.  Is Golladay really that good?

I believe I got this one right.  It only took 1 season for McCaffrey to surpass Brown in startup value because of the age and almost everyone on here thought Brown trade was so lopsided in our favor.  I didn't know McCaffrey would end up being the #1 overall RB this year but he was a PPR stud last year so even if he did what he did last year his value being so young would be close to Brown next year.  Thank goodness for Brown's 44 point outburst the final week otherwise this  trade would been a complete disaster.  That 44 point outburst at least got us up to 4th overall out of about 700 teams but not quite enough to win the entire contest.
I am confused.  You traded FOR Brown...................but you got this one right???

Does not compute.

No you don't because you would be regretting how you traded away Barkley right now.  You always say this each year back in 2016 you said same thing thinking Zeke was overvalued and guess what Zeke was not overvalued.  Hey you got the Trent Richardson one right at least.
Yeah, it woulda sucked to have Gurley or Hopkins and more. Just awful.  

I will always trade the #1 rookie pick for top 3 startup value, every time, and more than easily come out ahead in the long run.  

Two trades went down in our performance scoring IDP cap-based ($325) league.  Start Q-R-W-W-T-F.  IDP doesn't matter for this discussion really.

• Team A sent Davante Adams $6 and David Johnson $13 to Team B for DeAndre Hopkins $15 a mid-1st and mid-2nd
  • Team A sent Antonio Brown $45 and a mid-1st to Team C for Juju Smith-Schuster $5

12 Team Superflex PPR

A:  Philip Lindsay and Allen Robinson

B:  James Conner and Anthony Miller
Connor & Miller in a heartbeat.

Love what Lindsay has done but if you look at the careers of UDFA RB's that have had rookie success it's not that pretty. Other than Arian Foster I can't think of anyone that's sustained it for more than a year or two.

Fournette owner just sent me an offer for Mixon or Michel. Not sure I want to give up either. 

Tex

Users who are viewing this thread