What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (40 Viewers)

12-Team PPR, Start 1 QB

Team A gives CJ Anderson, Jay Cutler, and Pick 2.11 

Team B gives Marcus Mariotta
I like the Mariotta side quite a bit more. I think Mariotta is going to only get better, and if (hopefully when) TN drafts a WR1 for him to throw to, I think he'll put up even better numbers more quickly.

16 team standard

got offered Cooper for AR15

Dunno age difference (not much) but I feel Cooper has a lot more growth to do

Can AR15 and Bortles? Return to form with Marrone lighting the fire beneath them?

12 team PPR

Gave 1.9

Got Eric Ebron

I'd take that for Ebron.  A "receiving" TE who can't catch.
I figured he would take it.  Ebron was TE12 in ppg. Ebron had 61 receptions while missing three games. There is a good chance Boldin won't be around, so his target share should improve. Only 9 TE's had more catches than Ebron, and Ebron had a better catch rate than 5 of those guys. Not bad for a receiving TE who can't catch.  He is currently just 23 years old going into his third year. I think he will be a TE1 for years to come, with top 5 potential.

I figured he would take it.  Ebron was TE12 in ppg. Ebron had 61 receptions while missing three games. There is a good chance Boldin won't be around, so his target share should improve. Only 9 TE's had more catches than Ebron, and Ebron had a better catch rate than 5 of those guys. Not bad for a receiving TE who can't catch.  He is currently just 23 years old going into his third year. I think he will be a TE1 for years to come, with top 5 potential.
After watching the lions pretty much every game there were times ebron made some tough catches, but disappears at times, and with a lack of red zone options this year it really would have been nice to hit 8 tds. Everyone there dropped passes, even normally sure handed boldin. I think this is due to Stafford throwing so hard as much as it is Ebrons lack of hands/concentration. The drops are often magnified because they came on 3rd down a lot this year. I don't think you'll see them bring in anyone to steal targets, although they do need to find a capable backup, and if that guy catches everything it could eat into his work. Boldin also has expressed that "he has passion left." Barring injury, I think there's a pretty safe floor and room to grow. With graham/walker/gronk?/Olsen getting older now may be the perfect time to grab a te who has cleared that 3yr development window. Also ebron could be a fa in a year if the lions don't pick up his option. Even if they do its not a bad spot with a good qb and coaches in place(no new scheme to learn).

I'd call it even but only because it's a 20 Teamer. If it were 12 team no way I'm giving that up for Ajayi. This guy was Doug Martin 2013 2.0. 
I'm assuming you're referring to the fact that a couple huge games propped up both of their production?  While that is also the case with Ajayi,  I think we should take comfort in the fact that Ajayi's production came after contact.    Martin's monster game was a result of a 2-3 busted plays by the Raider D.  Ajayi led the league in YAC and broken tackles per cary.  As a runner, I think he's on another level and one of the best in the league.  Now, Doug was more well rounded and didn't have the knee rumors.  But I'm not sure I buy the correlation, personally.

I'm assuming you're referring to the fact that a couple huge games propped up both of their production?  While that is also the case with Ajayi,  I think we should take comfort in the fact that Ajayi's production came after contact.    Martin's monster game was a result of a 2-3 busted plays by the Raider D.  Ajayi led the league in YAC and broken tackles per cary.  As a runner, I think he's on another level and one of the best in the league.  Now, Doug was more well rounded and didn't have the knee rumors.  But I'm not sure I buy the correlation, personally.
I can't find official YAC numbers for that game but just from re-watching the highlights Martin had to be well over 150 yards after contact in that game.  He was contacted early on all of those long runs.

What's weird about Martin is that he was 3rd in the league in YAC in 2012 and 1st in YAC in 2015, but totally abysmal and near the bottom of the league in that category in his other seasons.

I can't find official YAC numbers for that game but just from re-watching the highlights Martin had to be well over 150 yards after contact in that game.  He was contacted early on all of those long runs.

What's weird about Martin is that he was 3rd in the league in YAC in 2012 and 1st in YAC in 2015, but totally abysmal and near the bottom of the league in that category in his other seasons.
Thanks for keeping me honest.  I just pulled up the highlights and he was contacted.  Arm tackles, but contact is contact.  (I forgot how explosive Martin was at one point.  Kind of odd to see it, considering how he's looked since; even compared to last season.)  

I still don't see a strong correlation there.  Ajayi's efficiency dipped when his offensive line was struggling with injuries.  They were starting 3 backups at one point and their best player only suited up for 5 games.  His efficiency was less reliant on big runs. 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000090256/Week-9-Doug-Martin-highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAwdHxQ3O2U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnSt4_02AXo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zg8kc64BfU

He plays for the money not the love of the game. 

I agree but to me giving  1.7 is a far worse deal to whoever paid that price then it's a better deal for someone to pick him up for the price of a 3.7.
I can't agree. I'm not saying I'd trade a mid first for him, but in the league where I do have him, I'd instantly reject the 3.07 and it would take some hemming and hawing before I accepted a 1.07 (and I'm not sure that I would).

I don't see SD spending a high pick on a WR when they have so many needs on o-line and defense and have Kennan Allen coming back, two young wide receivers in Williams and Inman that produced, Hunter Henry emerging and Gates still in the mix.

Williams has some warts still (he needs more polish as a route runner and needs to play a bit smarter) but his raw talent is off the charts and he looked unstoppable at times when he was on. He's a very different receiver than Allen, so I think there's room for both - and not to mention Allen hasn't shown an ability to stay on the field yet.

I don't see SD spending a high pick on a WR when they have so many needs on o-line and defense and have Kennan Allen coming back, two young wide receivers in Williams and Inman that produced, Hunter Henry emerging and Gates still in the mix.
First of all, it's LA now, thank you.  :P

I generally agree with you, but that team has to somehow generate fan interest in LA as well and drafting a WR is much more interesting than a lineman. On the other hand, it shouldn't be hard to fill up a 30,000 person stadium, even for a new team in LA.

Last edited by a moderator:
You may be right on adding a WR high in the draft but even if you could guaranteed me SD would not take a WR at all in this draft you are raising some points as to why I would still give up Williams for 1.7. Mainly Allen and Henry. As for Gates, not sure he's still in their plans just because he said he was not done, will probably need to re-do his contract at least.

But this is why these discussions are good. I had no idea people were this high on Tyrell to the point I'd have felt asking for a late first was possibly insulting. Now due to this discussion I'm going to shop him around a little. Different situations but kind of reminds me of  Hurns last year on a team of mine. I picked up Hurns in FA like Williams and he was solid add but I was never that huge on him. I packaged Hurns in a deal and the very next day Hurns was traded again for a 17 first and second. Bad job on my end of not realizing I had something people wanted to pay more than what I sold him for but this is why these discussion are good.

Yes. 50+% of his rushing yards and TDs came from 3 games. He was extremely high variance from a fantasy perspective just like Doug Martin as a rookie and 2015 as well. The correlation was intended to be more from a fantasy perspective since we're talking about fantasy trade value. Extremely frustrating as an owner. 

Do you happen to know how his YAC/Broken tackles per carry outside of his 3 200 yard games looked (32% of his carries)? Wondering how much those games influence these numbers?

Yes. 50+% of his rushing yards and TDs came from 3 games. He was extremely high variance from a fantasy perspective just like Doug Martin as a rookie and 2015 as well. The correlation was intended to be more from a fantasy perspective since we're talking about fantasy trade value. Extremely frustrating as an owner. 

Do you happen to know how his YAC/Broken tackles per carry outside of his 3 200 yard games looked (32% of his carries)? Wondering how much those games influence these numbers?
I don't mean to suggest the correlation isn't there at all, but I don't see any reason to put stock in it from a dynasty perspective.  To me, it's pretty clear that injuries to his offensive line led to the dip in efficiency. 

PFF says:

NE: 51 of his 59 yards after contact; 3 broken tackles.  

SF: 32 of 45 yards after contact.

BAL: "Jay Ajayi had a nice day for Miami, as he caused seven missed tackles on 12 rushes and averaged 4.67 yards after contact running behind the Dolphins zone-blocking scheme."

ARI:  "Ajayi picked up more yards after contact (56) than he did in total on the ground (49), and broke four tackles to keep the Cardinals’ defense honest."

Concept Coop said:
I don't mean to suggest the correlation isn't there at all, but I don't see any reason to put stock in it from a dynasty perspective.  To me, it's pretty clear that injuries to his offensive line led to the dip in efficiency. 

PFF says:

NE: 51 of his 59 yards after contact; 3 broken tackles.  

SF: 32 of 45 yards after contact.

BAL: "Jay Ajayi had a nice day for Miami, as he caused seven missed tackles on 12 rushes and averaged 4.67 yards after contact running behind the Dolphins zone-blocking scheme."

ARI:  "Ajayi picked up more yards after contact (56) than he did in total on the ground (49), and broke four tackles to keep the Cardinals’ defense honest."
Agreed. I'm not suggesting that Ajayi's value is tied to Martin in any way. Only that these types of players that explode as RB1's for a few weeks but then are RB3s 60% of the time personally don't do anything for me and are types I'd prefer to be on my competitors' rosters. 

I'll hold where I own him but not buying this offseason. I expect his startup value to be top 3 rounds which is way too pricey for me. Would much rather have a guy like Jordan Howard and his 14-25 ppg range then Ajayi and his 7-35 range.

Agreed. I'm not suggesting that Ajayi's value is tied to Martin in any way. Only that these types of players that explode as RB1's for a few weeks but then are RB3s 60% of the time personally don't do anything for me and are types I'd prefer to be on my competitors' rosters. 

I'll hold where I own him but not buying this offseason. I expect his startup value to be top 3 rounds which is way too pricey for me. Would much rather have a guy like Jordan Howard and his 14-25 ppg range then Ajayi and his 7-35 range.
I just don't see any reason to suggest Ajayi is a boom or bust performer moving forward, unless we're projecting his offensive line to sruggle mightly with injuries every year.  But we'll find out soon enough.   :thumbup:

That's a hilarious take by your league on Williams.   Even if they draft somebody he has to beat out Williams to get on the field.   WR is also about the last thing they need in SD.  It takes a ton of mental gymnastics to get Tyrell Williams down to the essentially worthless value of 3.07 rookie pick. 

This was this past season during the year but I hope this was the kind of moves that can turn a dynasty around. After injuries and bad luck I realized that it was not going to happen so here are the moves I made:

gave

L. Fitz & Witten

got

K. Allen & J. Williams

gave

J Stew

got

Funchess, C Thompson, round 3 pick

Dez & T Sharpe

got

Watkins, Lacey, Collins

2 deals that just went down 12 team PPR

trade 1

Team A gets DJAX, pick 3.8, 3.9

Team B gets Darius Jackson, pick 4.1, 4.2, 4.7, 2018 2nd, 2018 3rd, 2018 4th, 2018 5th

trade 2

Team C gets Jarreck McKinnion

team D gets Quincy Enuwa

I have Ware, Kelce and T.Hill from K.C. Matt Ryan is one of my Qbs. Considering offering T.Hill straight up for T.Gabriel. The owner has an aaffluence of Falcons players as I do with K.C. I really would like J.Jones,but that will not happen.

I have Ware, Kelce and T.Hill from K.C. Matt Ryan is one of my Qbs. Considering offering T.Hill straight up for T.Gabriel. The owner has an aaffluence of Falcons players as I do with K.C. I really would like J.Jones,but that will not happen.
This thread is intended for completed trades only, to give folks an idea of "current prices" and allow for some post mortem analysis.

Posts asking about whether to make a specific trade will meet a better response in the Assistant Coach forum.

Users who are viewing this thread