What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (18 Viewers)

FFPC

• Gave Demaryius Thomas, Kelvin Benjamin, 1.12
  • Got JuJu Smith-Schuster, 3.9
Perhaps a bit of an overpay, but last year was not starting either DT/KB and wouldn't be doing so in 2018 either. Don't love dealing rookie picks but after this deal, don't feel like I need to make another to win the title again in 2018 while protecting against the decrease in value of holding Julio/Ingram to remain at the top. 

Also the team I dealt to, though finished 4th this season, I don't see as a viable threat even after the trade. Now of course he could draft the next Kareem Hunt at 1.12 and maybe that changes, but that is the risk I take.

Core:

• Cam
  • Gurley, Gordon, Ingram, Duke, Coleman
  • Julio, Hill, JuJu, Gordon, Shepard
  • Gronk, Kelce (1.5 PPR)
Other Team's Core: 

• Watson, Roeth, Cousins
  • Miller, Murray, Ivory, AP, Martin
  • Landry, DT, Crabtree, KB, Wallace
  • Graham (1.5 PPR)
Funny. I made a similar move in my FFPC league last week. Traded TY, Clement, 1.11, 3.11 & 2019 2nd for JuJu.

i knew it was an overpay and expect TY to outpoint JuJu this year, but love JuJu’s potential and youth.

Now rolling with AB, Tyreek, Fitz?, JuJu, Dede, KB

Funny. I made a similar move in my FFPC league last week. Traded TY, Clement, 1.11, 3.11 & 2019 2nd for JuJu.

i knew it was an overpay and expect TY to outpoint JuJu this year, but love JuJu’s potential and youth.

Now rolling with AB, Tyreek, Fitz?, JuJu, Dede, KB
This was an overpay to get someone you want. 

peso did not overpay sending 3 middling talents for one good talent. His 3 might equal TY only. DY has hot that magical decline age, Benjamin still in Buffalo and 1.12 gets okay talent. His partner needs to hit JuJu again

i like Clement over Benjamin almost. His potential is higher. His floor of course is lower but is Benjamin even startable in 12 team league. Clement could be. TY still young and hopefully Luck back and better picks. 

This was an overpay to get someone you want. 

peso did not overpay sending 3 middling talents for one good talent. His 3 might equal TY only. DY has hot that magical decline age, Benjamin still in Buffalo and 1.12 gets okay talent. His partner needs to hit JuJu again

i like Clement over Benjamin almost. His potential is higher. His floor of course is lower but is Benjamin even startable in 12 team league. Clement could be. TY still young and hopefully Luck back and better picks. 
Agree on all points. KB could be in the drop zone for me in favor of some other higher potential guys like Clement.

JackReacher said:
Agree on all points. KB could be in the drop zone for me in favor of some other higher potential guys like Clement.
I agree I like the Move for Juju.

But the Clement comments require further exploration. What am I missing here? Are you talking about the 3rd string running back for the the eagles? In short roster leagues like FFPC doesn’t seem like a player that would be worth holding. In my 22+ roster spot leagues he is available in > 1/2.

I agree I like the Move for Juju.

But the Clement comments require further exploration. What am I missing here? Are you talking about the 3rd string running back for the the eagles? In short roster leagues like FFPC doesn’t seem like a player that would be worth holding. In my 22+ roster spot leagues he is available in > 1/2.
I think this is more of an indictment on KB than an endorsement for Clement, but Clement does have a bit of upside to some. FFPC cuts to 16 (including K & D) in late March, so you get to see first what teams do in Free Agency. If the Eagles move on from Blount and Sproles, and go with Ajayi/Clement, then Clement gets some third down and two-minute drill duty, and the occasional carry inside the 5. He's not a bad plug when you need him. In my trade specifically, I didn't mind parting with him.

I think this is more of an indictment on KB than an endorsement for Clement, but Clement does have a bit of upside to some. FFPC cuts to 16 (including K & D) in late March, so you get to see first what teams do in Free Agency. If the Eagles move on from Blount and Sproles, and go with Ajayi/Clement, then Clement gets some third down and two-minute drill duty, and the occasional carry inside the 5. He's not a bad plug when you need him. In my trade specifically, I didn't mind parting with him.
And than one injury to Ajayi from being starter. I think Clement has shown enough to be able to move on from Blount/Sproles. 

Ajayi staying healthy for a year does not have good odds

i don't play FFPC, thus don't know roster rules for lineup. My league is like 30. I am not sure I trade Clement for Benjamin. 

jeaton6 said:
Antonio Brown is the exception. The other “elite” WRs typically have multiple single digit games and then a bunch of 10-16 pointers with a few 20 point + and one or two 30 plus. AJ green and many others are no different than Julio.
Agree and with the way WR scoring has fallen the last few years we have to adjust our expectations. Even  AB had two I think this year in 14 full games, 3 officially counting the NE early exit. That is once every 5 games and AB once went 40 straight games without a single digit fantasy game! A streak which did not get broke till Big Ben got hurt.

When 16 points a game puts you in WR5 category on the season I think it's understandable that most WR's will often fall under the single digit mark.

i don't play FFPC, thus don't know roster rules for lineup. My league is like 30. I am not sure I trade Clement for Benjamin. 
Seems like Benjamin is a decent buy low. Not that he'll be elite but people are bailing on him, and I'd still bet on him being effective like his first two full seasons. More valuable in standard.

Seems like Benjamin is a decent buy low. Not that he'll be elite but people are bailing on him, and I'd still bet on him being effective like his first two full seasons. More valuable in standard.
Big fast guy who doesn’t work on the finer points of the game=splash play dependent wr5.

Minor deal but please read format before commenting on it

2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex 10 team .5ppr

AJ McCarron 

for

Eric Ebron 

The team getting McCarron has Prescott/Ryan/A. Smith, and has Olsen/Clay/OJ Howard/Shaheen/McDonald still at TE.  While the team giving up McCarron has Flacco/Rivers/Lynch/Tannehill/Cutler/Foles and only Kelce/Kroft/Reed at TE.  Seems to make sense for both teams.  
I might take McCarron so I can be reminded of this everytime I look at my lineup.

Last edited by a moderator:
JPeso said:
FFPC

• Gave Demaryius Thomas, Kelvin Benjamin, 1.12
  • Got JuJu Smith-Schuster, 3.9
Perhaps a bit of an overpay, but last year was not starting either DT/KB and wouldn't be doing so in 2018 either. Don't love dealing rookie picks but after this deal, don't feel like I need to make another to win the title again in 2018 while protecting against the decrease in value of holding Julio/Ingram to remain at the top. 

Also the team I dealt to, though finished 4th this season, I don't see as a viable threat even after the trade. Now of course he could draft the next Kareem Hunt at 1.12 and maybe that changes, but that is the risk I take.

Core:

• Cam
  • Gurley, Gordon, Ingram, Duke, Coleman
  • Julio, Hill, JuJu, Gordon, Shepard
  • Gronk, Kelce (1.5 PPR)
Other Team's Core: 

• Watson, Roeth, Cousins
  • Miller, Murray, Ivory, AP, Martin
  • Landry, DT, Crabtree, KB, Wallace
  • Graham (1.5 PPR)
Good presentation on the trade and painting a picture of the roster and reasoning for both teams. This is an ideal way I'd like to see trades posted.

I like the trade on your end but unless they start flipping DT/KB I don't like it for the other team. I suspect they see their older roster and are going to go all in on 2018 but I'd have gone the other way.

Zealots Field (PPR)

Traded: 2018 2.02/5.12/6.12

Received:  Patrick Mahomes and 2019 2nd round pick

I'm already pretty well set at QB (Brady/Brissett/Cousins/Garoppolo/Tannehill) but this was a pretty easy "accept" for me.  The other owner finished with the 2nd worst record this year and his roster is pretty bleak.

This trade was offered to me.
The trade offered is great value for Mahomes. But, how easy is it going to be for you to flip some of that QB depth for other positions? You now have 4-5 legit starting QBs on your roster in a start 1QB league. In my Zealots leagues, QB trades seem to be the most difficult to make. 

I probably take the 1.01.

But, I’m pretty sure the guy with 1.01 would take my 1.04, 1.11, 2.04 for it, but I’m having a hard time offering it for some reason.
For both of those offers, if you keep ~25 or less players, I think you jump at the chance to have the 1.1. Unless your roster is really junk and needs multiple dart throws to hit. 

I had a hard time accepting. It’s nice sitting on a pile of picks.
The only thing I'd hate about giving up that pile of picks right now is the fun I'm losing out on next few months of mulling over what to do with the picks. But if the goal of trading is to make your team better it's got to feel like you just did that.

Aunt Jemima said:
FFPC

gave Corey Davis

got JuJu
That's a really tough one for me and I've loved both of them since I evaluated the 2017 class.  I'd give a slight edge to JuJu just because I expect he's an easier flip if I chose to do that.  I expect his perceived value is higher.  

Aunt Jemima said:
FFPC

gave Corey Davis

got JuJu

That's a really tough one for me and I've loved both of them since I evaluated the 2017 class.  I'd give a slight edge to JuJu just because I expect he's an easier flip if I chose to do that.  I expect his perceived value is higher.  
This one is indeed interesting.  Davis was well ahead of Juju on rook draft boards last year, and generally I preach multiyear patience when it comes to radical re-evaluations,

I still expect Davis to have a career as good or better than Juju, but the point about flipping value is an excellent one.

If I own Davis, I hold.  But if I am daytrading in an active league I could see the other side easily.

12 team ppr

Gave: 1.03, 1.08, Cousins and R. Cobb

Got: Melvin Gordon and Matt Breida 

After being in last place, I expect to start a core of 

D. Johnson

Gordon

Hilton

Tyreek

Evans

fruity pebbles said:
I had a hard time accepting. It’s nice sitting on a pile of picks.
I offered 1.7, 1.8, 1.11 as a starter and got rejection without counter. I’d jump on that offer for 1.1.

12 team ppr

D. Johnson

Gordon

Hilton

Tyreek

Evans
I prefer the picks by quite a bit. Gordon has produced fantasy numbers but his efficiency concerns me. I think come draft time 1.3>>Gordon and right now I’d still have a hard time giving that pick up for him. This is the kind of trade I’d have been much more willing to make for an in-season title run but even then I think the 1.8, Cousins and Cobb was overkill.

12 team ppr

D. Johnson

Gordon

Hilton

Tyreek

Evans
Curious but who was your RB2 before the deal?  I value 1.03 as an even swap to Melvin Gordon basically so the extra on top makes me prefer that side.  However with a strong core like you have I can see the appeal of overpaying a bit to get who you wanted and fill out your roster.  

Curious but who was your RB2 before the deal?  I value 1.03 as an even swap to Melvin Gordon basically so the extra on top makes me prefer that side.  However with a strong core like you have I can see the appeal of overpaying a bit to get who you wanted and fill out your roster.  
No one really. Jamaal Williams, but we know how crowded the Packers backfield is. 

:yes:

Big fast guy who doesn’t work on the finer points of the game=splash play dependent wr5.

More like big slow guy that's hard to defend should be good for adequate yardage and good TDs.
:lol: love the point/counterpoint. 

Thinking KB is a buy low right now but who knows what's going on in Buffalo?

Aunt Jemima said:
FFPC

gave Corey Davis

got JuJu
Really tight. Think this just comes down to philosophy. Juju is talented for sure and he did well this year but I still think Davis is more talented and will have the better QB in a year or so. If I'm competing now I might take juju, building and I probably take Davis. Both should be really good, could be elite. 

This one is indeed interesting.  Davis was well ahead of Juju on rook draft boards last year, and generally I preach multiyear patience when it comes to radical re-evaluations,

I still expect Davis to have a career as good or better than Juju, but the point about flipping value is an excellent one.

If I own Davis, I hold.  But if I am daytrading in an active league I could see the other side easily.
JuJu kind of got the Alshon treatment in the draft community, but in hindsight, those who have liked him probably had him closer to 5-6 on last year's draft boards. I think there are more questions about Corey than JuJu moving forward and it isn't like JuJu isn't/wasn't a phenomenal prospect. 

12 team ppr

I bought Gordon in a few leagues last off-season for 1.3/change and he delivered. I feel a bit better about this year's 1.3 than last year's though. I would probably accept dealing Gordon for 3/8, and would have a difficult time paying that to acquire him. 

FFPC

Team A gives AJ Green, Jordan Reed, 4.5

Team B gives Adam Thielen, Greg Olsen, 1.9
I will take AJ here. 

FFPC

gave 2.1 and 4.2

for Robert Woods
2.1 handily. 

---

Lastly, when folks are getting on board with Clement > Benjamin, Benjamin is a buy low in my book. *sends out feelers* 

fruity pebbles said:
1.05, 1.09, 1.10 for the 1.01. 16 team dynasty ppr
The 1.1 in a landslide, take the money and run. 

Sorry but I’m not buying KB, Jordan Mathews, or zay Jones at this point, don’t care how “buy low” they get. Not buying buffalo as a team that will produce Fantasy studs in the next couple years, and the ageless shady McCoy will run down eventually. No one gets north of 60 catches. Didn’t believe in those guys when they were the wr1 on their old teams so I was already a tough sell, and the move to buffalo doesn’t help. No clue what they’re doing at qb, no early pick to draft a guy, ticked off Tyrod by benching him while they were a wild card team at the time so I doubt he wants to come back. I won’t sit here and insult buffalonians but it’s not an ideal fa landing spot. 

Sorry but I’m not buying KB, Jordan Mathews, or zay Jones at this point, don’t care how “buy low” they get. Not buying buffalo as a team that will produce Fantasy studs in the next couple years, and the ageless shady McCoy will run down eventually. No one gets north of 60 catches. Didn’t believe in those guys when they were the wr1 on their old teams so I was already a tough sell, and the move to buffalo doesn’t help. No clue what they’re doing at qb, no early pick to draft a guy, ticked off Tyrod by benching him while they were a wild card team at the time so I doubt he wants to come back. I won’t sit here and insult buffalonians but it’s not an ideal fa landing spot. 
It would depend on their QB. Taylor did not like to throw to his WRs downfield. While I’m sure they are not at the top of Cousins’ list, what if they add him?

It would depend on their QB. Taylor did not like to throw to his WRs downfield. While I’m sure they are not at the top of Cousins’ list, what if they add him?
I’ll believe it when I see it. Not sure what the cap situation is in buffalo. I know they made the playoffs and everything but I’m not sure that’s a “win now” roster. He’s made a lot of money already, and will make plenty more, so I don’t think money will be the dominant factor in his choice. Outside of the top fa qb option signing there what is the dream scenario? Bradford might bring some short term value as long as he’s on the field. Mccown maybe for next year if all else fails. A trade for Alex smith would take the fa factor out of it, and maybe that’s the best case other than cousins and they could pull it off. Smith doesn’t exactly target his WRs either though...

Perhaps it’s TT not targeting WRs, or these guys needing to get up to speed with the offense, or it could be that their teams moved them because of some flaw in their game. 

I’ll believe it when I see it. Not sure what the cap situation is in buffalo. I know they made the playoffs and everything but I’m not sure that’s a “win now” roster. He’s made a lot of money already, and will make plenty more, so I don’t think money will be the dominant factor in his choice. Outside of the top fa qb option signing there what is the dream scenario? Bradford might bring some short term value as long as he’s on the field. Mccown maybe for next year if all else fails. A trade for Alex smith would take the fa factor out of it, and maybe that’s the best case other than cousins and they could pull it off. Smith doesn’t exactly target his WRs either though...

Perhaps it’s TT not targeting WRs, or these guys needing to get up to speed with the offense, or it could be that their teams moved them because of some flaw in their game. 
It's worth noting that Benjamin is an UFA after the 2018 season so there is more than one path to him finally hooking up with a decent passing QB.  I'm not saying I would bank on it or anything but if the buying price is a 3rd string running back I think it's a decent dart throw.for a guy that essentially has two 1000 yard seasons under his belt despite never playing for a QB that's thrown for more than 3500 yards.

Nice - I can't see Tarik as any more than a boom/bust change of pace back...I don't see Darren Sproles here.  Shepard could be a very good ppr asset IMO.
No idea how Shepard's value has fallen so far.  The guy was picked in the 1.05 range as a rookie (albeit in a weak class), he had a solid rookie year, and then this year played well when healthy (prorated numbers were 94 catches for 1170 yards), yet now his value seems to be a mid 2nd at best.

Obviously the target share will likely decrease with Beckham back but his value had already fallen after a pretty darn good rookie year for a WR, and there seems to be this notion that he was a dud this year when thrust into a bigger role which seems more predicated on the games he missed than his actual productdion.

No idea how Shepard's value has fallen so far.  The guy was picked in the 1.05 range as a rookie (albeit in a weak class), he had a solid rookie year, and then this year played well when healthy (prorated numbers were 94 catches for 1170 yards), yet now his value seems to be a mid 2nd at best.

Obviously the target share will likely decrease with Beckham back but his value had already fallen after a pretty darn good rookie year for a WR, and there seems to be this notion that he was a dud this year when thrust into a bigger role which seems more predicated on the games he missed than his actual productdion.
Eli’s decline, emgerance of engram. Wouldn’t take but a little good news or even see who the coach will be but good buy low option. 

@FreeBaGeL makes a good point- I suppose my take on benji and Mathews as well is they are guys who I didn’t really like coming out of college so I’m looking for reasons not to like them now probably. They both are cheap and have produced and could be assets in te future as neither is tied long term to buffalo. 

Also was as not big on Jordan Matthews or Benjamin on their old teams. Mathews is at a point I'd not even roster for free in FFPC leagues and would be moving the other two if I had them.

I do think in the Bills defense they had a bit of a plan for QB but they won to many games and messed up the plan.

I'd take Shepard but think it's closer then most. In the end a WR3 with WR2 upside for a RB3 with RB2 upside.
He needs RBs and I need WRs so I think it was fair to both of us--neither player is a sure deal but both have upside.  I don't see Jordan Howard going anywhere so that limits Cohen and I don't know for sure who is QB in NYG so that could limit Shepherd's. 

Users who are viewing this thread