Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Gottabesweet

****OFFICIAL 2020 OFF-SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

15 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Cohen is a top 10/15 RB?

In PPR, sure.  He was RB11 last year PPG on just 99 carries.  They just jettisoned Howard, only brought in Mike Davis, and don't have 1st or 2nd round picks this year.  He wasn't particularly big-play reliant either, averaging a healthy 1.48 PPTouch.  4.4 and 10.2 yards per carry/catch are entirely repeatable.  He could end up seeing a sizeable increase in rushes, and if they get him 100 targets he's a pretty sure bet to be even more valuable.

9 hours ago, Aunt Jemima said:

FFPC

Diggs and OJ Howard

for

Michael Thomas, Greg Olsen, 3.9

Man, I hope you bought that guy flowers first.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

1 hour ago, menobrown said:

Tell me again who was blocking Geisicki last year? He's awful and Goedert is going to be a stud. You go ahead and take the awful guy and I'll wait on the stud.

Settle down meno....

On 4/20/2019 at 10:29 AM, Dez said:

12 team PPR IDP league

K Allen LAC WR, J Howard Phil RB'

For

T Cohen Chi Rb, K Ballage Mia RB and 2020 1st round pick

This motivated me to offer a similar deal. Offered Allen, late 2nd in 2020 and Josh Doctson for Cohen and mid tier 1st in 2020. It was rejected.  

18 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Cohen is a top 10/15 RB?

2 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

In PPR, sure.  He was RB11 last year PPG on just 99 carries.  They just jettisoned Howard, only brought in Mike Davis, and don't have 1st or 2nd round picks this year.  He wasn't particularly big-play reliant either, averaging a healthy 1.48 PPTouch.  4.4 and 10.2 yards per carry/catch are entirely repeatable.  He could end up seeing a sizeable increase in rushes, and if they get him 100 targets he's a pretty sure bet to be even more valuable.

As was pointed out he was and I'd thought heading into last season the Bears were attempting to create the Saints of the midwest.  That's were Ryan Pace spent most of his career the it just seemed to me like they were trying put together pieces that worked a lot like the Saints offense and of course no player is Cohen more comped to then Sproles.

I took a look at Sproles 3 seasons in New Orleans and put it together in one 16 game season pace..

68 carries/ 388 yards/2 TD's.  119 targets/84 receptions/720 yards/6TD's. 15.17 fantasy points per game.

Cohen last year:

99 carries/ 441 yards/3 TD's. 99 targets/71 receptions/725 yards/ 5 TDs. 14.72 fantasy points per game.

I think that's what you got here with Cohen, basically a young Sproles type player who is being used in very similar best case role that Sproles was used.  When you only average 9-10 touches a game you'll run into some consistency issues and for sure I prefer consistent players but points are points and those big weeks can be huge at times. Also keeping in mind Sproles was 28 when he got to New Orleans and Cohen just wrapped up his age 23 season and I read all the time how they keep throwing new things at him and if anything it seems like his role might grow.

Now the bad news. Despite all that production the Saints knew they could not add to Sproles workload but liked having a 2-3 man RBBC. I don't expect that to be any different for Cohen next year. Right now they only have Davis and Cohen of note and while true they don't have a lot of strong draft capital they have 3rd and 4th round picks where you can find RB's and I was the other day they brought a whopping 16 RB's for in visits. They will draft a RB, probably with one of their first two picks, but I still feel very good about Cohen continuing to play the Sproles role this offense.

4 hours ago, menobrown said:

JuJu?

Better NFL than fantasy player when it comes to being elite I think.  He’s right there with those guys but there’s still uncertainty with Ben IMO.  I’ve seen him get worse and worse every year as an NFL QB, I wouldn’t trust Ben to always make good decisions.  As a Steelers fan I’ve been begging for them to take a QB the past couple years.  JuJu’s going to volume but he won’t be nearly as efficient or volume but he isn’t the type of fantasy WR those other guys are.  

2 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

JuJu’s going to volume but he won’t be nearly as efficient or volume but he isn’t the type of fantasy WR those other guys are.  

Thanks for answering but this goes back to discussion we had on Cooper Kupp a few days ago and and we don't have same definitions for efficiency or players that are volume based.  If I was in a startup today I'd probably take JuJu before any other WR.

28 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Thanks for answering but this goes back to discussion we had on Cooper Kupp a few days ago and and we don't have same definitions for efficiency or players that are volume based.  If I was in a startup today I'd probably take JuJu before any other WR.

Sorry for all the grammatical errors, was typing on my phone.  I'm more concerned with what Ben does to JuJu compared to the other QB's do to the other elite WR's.  That's why I have JuJu just under them, but as for the top WR's they all have longevity set, JuJu and Michael Thomas don't.  

1 hour ago, menobrown said:

As was pointed out he was and I'd thought heading into last season the Bears were attempting to create the Saints of the midwest.  That's were Ryan Pace spent most of his career the it just seemed to me like they were trying put together pieces that worked a lot like the Saints offense and of course no player is Cohen more comped to then Sproles.

I took a look at Sproles 3 seasons in New Orleans and put it together in one 16 game season pace..

68 carries/ 388 yards/2 TD's.  119 targets/84 receptions/720 yards/6TD's. 15.17 fantasy points per game.

Cohen last year:

99 carries/ 441 yards/3 TD's. 99 targets/71 receptions/725 yards/ 5 TDs. 14.72 fantasy points per game.

I think that's what you got here with Cohen, basically a young Sproles type player who is being used in very similar best case role that Sproles was used.  When you only average 9-10 touches a game you'll run into some consistency issues and for sure I prefer consistent players but points are points and those big weeks can be huge at times. Also keeping in mind Sproles was 28 when he got to New Orleans and Cohen just wrapped up his age 23 season and I read all the time how they keep throwing new things at him and if anything it seems like his role might grow.

Now the bad news. Despite all that production the Saints knew they could not add to Sproles workload but liked having a 2-3 man RBBC. I don't expect that to be any different for Cohen next year. Right now they only have Davis and Cohen of note and while true they don't have a lot of strong draft capital they have 3rd and 4th round picks where you can find RB's and I was the other day they brought a whopping 16 RB's for in visits. They will draft a RB, probably with one of their first two picks, but I still feel very good about Cohen continuing to play the Sproles role this offense.

I think there’s some valid points here, but I do see some obvious differences. One is pretty obvious in that the Saints has better QB play and a better overall offense. Now Trubisky can still improve and I actually think he will be a very good NFL QB, but it’s hard to imagine he has a Brees level ceiling. I also think Sproles, while similar in stature, is a much stronger player with the ball - but with the way both were/are used that doesn’t matter much.

While I suppose Cohen showed top 15 upside last season I’m just not a fan of the way he accomplished it and it’s not necessarily sustainable without a bigger workload- which as you also stated may not necessarily be the case even with Howard being shipped out.

He’s surely a guy that may make me look bad when all is said and done - but I’d sell high (and did) especially if people are valuing him as a top 10/15 RB. I’d rank him somewhere around 20-24 before this new class even comes in. I like him as a flex guy or weak RB2 if I’m strong everywhere else.

Thoughts on this one? 12 team PPR (start 1 QB league)

Team A gets: 1.6, Lamar Jackson

Team B gets: 1.9, 1.12, 2.9 

5 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

I’d take the multiple picks unless there was a guy at 1.6 I had to have and right now I don’t see that as the case.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

dynasty trade calculator has this really close, very slightly in favor of Jackson. 

Personally, I dont see Jackson as a good long term fantasy asset. 1.6 is in the Harmon/RB2 range right now. 

It depends what team B needs if they win or not. 2.9 isnt too interesting to me. 

If I were trading 1.6 away... I'd say 1.6 and 2.6 for 1.9 and 1.12 is pretty close. So 2.6 instead of Lamar Jackson for 2.9... 

If I look at it that way, I'd rather have 1.6 and Jackson (even though if I had both I'd be looking to trade down and trade Jackson)

Edited by Dr. Dan

1 hour ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I think there’s some valid points here, but I do see some obvious differences. One is pretty obvious in that the Saints has better QB play and a better overall offense. Now Trubisky can still improve and I actually think he will be a very good NFL QB, but it’s hard to imagine he has a Brees level ceiling. I also think Sproles, while similar in stature, is a much stronger player with the ball - but with the way both were/are used that doesn’t matter much.

While I suppose Cohen showed top 15 upside last season I’m just not a fan of the way he accomplished it and it’s not necessarily sustainable without a bigger workload- which as you also stated may not necessarily be the case even with Howard being shipped out. 

He’s surely a guy that may make me look bad when all is said and done - but I’d sell high (and did) especially if people are valuing him as a top 10/15 RB. I’d rank him somewhere around 20-24 before this new class even comes in. I like him as a flex guy or weak RB2 if I’m strong everywhere else.

He didn't show top 15 upside.  He achieved top 11 actual performance.

Why do you think it's not sustainable?  His 4.4 yards per carry are slightly above average.  His 10.2 yards per catch were barely top 5 RB, and guys like AP,  Gore, Ekeler, and Drake were above/right at that number.  His touches/TD were slightly above average at 21.25, so he wasn't TD dependent - Conner, Marlon Mack, Chubb, Coleman, Lindsey territory.  I don't see anything he couldn't do every single year of his career.

I don't mean to beat you up on this, and I won't draw the conversation out any more, but Cohen is one of my favorite players at his current price/perception in PPR leagues.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

I don't mean to beat you up on this, and I won't draw the conversation out any more, but Cohen is one of my favorite players at his current price/perception in PPR leagues.

Sure, I’m undervaluing him right now. I know some expect his usage to go up, I’m just not sure. I don’t know how consistent his TDs will be. He didn’t rely on them last year, but even 8 could be his ceiling at that usuage. If it drops from 8...

And sorry I wasn’t trying to sell him short as to his finish last season. I could have worded it better. 

I could see myself being wrong on this one though so won’t draw it out in this thread either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hankmoody said:

He didn't show top 15 upside.  He achieved top 11 actual performance.

Why do you think it's not sustainable?  His 4.4 yards per carry are slightly above average.  His 10.2 yards per catch were barely top 5 RB, and guys like AP,  Gore, Ekeler, and Drake were above/right at that number.  His touches/TD were slightly above average at 21.25, so he wasn't TD dependent - Conner, Marlon Mack, Chubb, Coleman, Lindsey territory.  I don't see anything he couldn't do every single year of his career.

I am not trying to convince you not to like cohen, but i'll address a couple of these points.  

Top 11 actual performance is not that great.

First, being 11th in end of numbers just means you stayed healthy. Cohen scored more than Melvin Gordon, but it's not close between them.  

Second, a lot of guys who are lower in ppg - like Nick Chubb and Derrick Henry - were more valuable when they "started" than in simple games played. 

Third. some of the guys behind him iast year include Peterson or ther philly running backs.  Derrius Guice looks may be a better ppr back than Peterson, and Howard is almost certainly better than the guys philly rolled out last year. 

Fourth, some situations - like the kc running back - are much higher upside than cohen.  Not only did both Hunt and Williams outscore Cohen while they were starting, but the upside of the situation is clearly higher than Cohen. 

Lastly,  those little ppr backs don't repeat as often as you'd like to think.  He's 181 lbs. Guys like Duke Johnson, Buck Allen, Darren Sproles, Danny Woodhead, Theo Riddick, Chris Thompson... some repeat year after year, some don't.  

You can argue that cohen is different and i won't disagree. You can argue each point or all of the points, i won't disagree.  

The real issue - imo - is that you should have more than 11 guys projected to meet or exceed rb11 numbers. 

I think it's obvious that you'd take Barkley Elliott McCaffrey Kamara Gurley Gordon Chubb Conner DJ and Mixon ahead of him.  That's 10 guys.  So i don't  see how you could project him to improve on rb11.

Then there's Guice, Fournette Carson, Aaron Jones, Sony Michel, James White, Lindsey, Henry, Drake and Ingram.  That's before you add in a couple rookies.

There's also guys you might take ahead of him that will solidify after the NFL draft. Like damien williams or the top kc rb - it's easy to downplay them now but by September somebody will be the number one and i'll take them over Cohen for sure.  

My point is that without even digging into my thoughts on cohen specifically, i can already see myself taking a lot of guys ahead of him. Not all of the guys I listed, but a lot of them.  And some more will emerge.  Because i like the upside of 3 down backs a lot better than 3rd down backs. I simply don't see him as a threat to be a top 5 back, and i can see a lot of those other guys doing it. 

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

I am not trying to convince you not to like cohen, but i'll address a couple of these points.  

Top 11 actual performance is not that great.

First, being 11th in end of numbers just means you stayed healthy. Cohen scored more than Melvin Gordon, but it's not close between them.  

Second, a lot of guys who are lower in ppg - like Nick Chubb and Derrick Henry - were more valuable when they "started" than in simple games played. 

Third. some of the guys behind him iast year include Peterson or ther philly running backs.  Derrius Guice looks may be a better ppr back than Peterson, and Howard is almost certainly better than the guys philly rolled out last year. 

Fourth, some situations - like the kc running back - are much higher upside than cohen.  Not only did both Hunt and Williams outscore Cohen while they were starting, but the upside of the situation is clearly higher than Cohen. 

Lastly,  those little ppr backs don't repeat as often as you'd like to think.  He's 181 lbs. Guys like Duke Johnson, Buck Allen, Darren Sproles, Danny Woodhead, Theo Riddick, Chris Thompson... some repeat year after year, some don't.  

You can argue that cohen is different and i won't disagree. You can argue each point or all of the points, i won't disagree.  

The real issue - imo - is that you should have more than 11 guys projected to meet or exceed rb11 numbers. 

I think it's obvious that you'd take Barkley Elliott McCaffrey Kamara Gurley Gordon Chubb Conner DJ and Mixon ahead of him.  That's 10 guys.  So i don't  see how you could project him to improve on rb11.

Then there's Guice, Fournette Carson, Aaron Jones, Sony Michel, James White, Lindsey, Henry, Drake and Ingram.  That's before you add in a couple rookies.

There's also guys you might take ahead of him that will solidify after the NFL draft. Like damien williams or the top kc rb - it's easy to downplay them now but by September somebody will be the number one and i'll take them over Cohen for sure.  

My point is that without even digging into my thoughts on cohen specifically, i can already see myself taking a lot of guys ahead of him. Not all of the guys I listed, but a lot of them.  And some more will emerge.  Because i like the upside of 3 down backs a lot better than 3rd down backs. I simply don't see him as a threat to be a top 5 back, and i can see a lot of those other guys doing it. 

Good post. I personally have very little faith that the Bears want to use him more than they did last year. They gave him the ball 4 times in their playoff loss. 

Just a silly point of order, though. Although Duke Johnson falls in the 3rd down PPR back category, he isn't a small back like you suggest. He is 210. Not huge but not as small as those other guys. Your point still stands, though. 

• Like 2

12 team PPR 1QB/1RB/2WR/1TE/2Flex

Team A trades:

Patrick Mahomes

Melvin Gordon

Team B trades:

Matt Ryan

Michael Thomas

Wasn't involved in this one, just thought I’d drop it in since I posted a Mahomes trade last week that sparked some chatter.

Edited by deadlyrange0321

18 minutes ago, deadlyrange0321 said:

Team A trades:

Patrick Mahomes

Melvin Gordon

Team B trades:

Matt Ryan

Michael Thomas

Wasn't involved in this one, just thought I’d drop it in since I posted a Mahomes trade last week that sparked some chatter.

I uh.......uhh......I dont know.   Tough one.  

Very insightful I know.

3 hours ago, deadlyrange0321 said:

Team A trades:

Patrick Mahomes

Melvin Gordon

Team B trades:

Matt Ryan

Michael Thomas

Interesting trade. I lean Thomas in 1QB/1RB format.

16tm ppr w/ IDP & ret yard scoring

1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/2OFlx 1DL/2LB/1DB/2DFlx

Gave: 1.10, '20 1st (should be late), 3.13, 5.02

Got: T Hill, Jaylon Smith

28 minutes ago, eNdblu said:

16tm ppr w/ IDP & ret yard scoring

1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/2OFlx 1DL/2LB/1DB/2DFlx

Gave: 1.10, '20 1st (should be late), 3.13, 5.02

Got: T Hill, Jaylon Smith

I think thats a decent haul based on what is going on with him. 

Second big trade of 2019 offseason.  In the early stages of a tear it down to the studs level rebuild.  10 team superflex PPR league.

I sent:

Travis Kelce, Tom Brady, Jordan Howard

I got:

1.4, DJ Moore, Rashaad Penny, 2020 2nd (likely late)

• Love 1

2 hours ago, coachoneill said:

Second big trade of 2019 offseason.  In the early stages of a tear it down to the studs level rebuild.  10 team superflex PPR league.

I sent:

I got:

Seems like you sold very light

4 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

That's interesting because in our league group chat the consensus was the exact opposite.  Universal praise for my side and derision for my trade partner.  Slightly smaller TE market among the win now teams as the league winner last year has Kittle and Howard, 4th place has Ertz.  Coupled with me being one of three very defined rebuilders and less options than usual.  Appreciate the feedback. 

5 minutes ago, coachoneill said:

That's interesting because in our league group chat the consensus was the exact opposite. 

I agree with your league.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I agree with your league.

I also feel a little bit of context is required to understand from trade partner's perspective.  His QB3 before this trade was Ryan Tannehill.  He has Wilson and Goff as his likely starters but Brady is an upgrade there, even if he is ancient.  His tight ends were the exhumed corpses of Kyle Rudolph and Jimmy Graham.  Going from those guys to arguably the favorite for TE1 is self evident.  Running back group was also very dicey, so absent the Eagles drafting someone high this week, Howard will be his RB2.  I still prefer my side in a vacuum but when you add in the positional need and win now imperative combined help to get this done. 

18 minutes ago, coachoneill said:

That's interesting because in our league group chat the consensus was the exact opposite.  Universal praise for my side and derision for my trade partner.  Slightly smaller TE market among the win now teams as the league winner last year has Kittle and Howard, 4th place has Ertz.  Coupled with me being one of three very defined rebuilders and less options than usual.  Appreciate the feedback. 

I wonder how the league would feel if that trade was for OBJ or JuJu instead of Kelce.  Because even though I know many of us as individuals will disagree with Kelce being worth that much, that is who his ADP lies between in FFPC startup drafts.

1 minute ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I wonder how the league would feel if that trade was for OBJ or JuJu instead of Kelce.  Because even though I know many of us as individuals will disagree with Kelce being worth that much, that is who his ADP lies between in FFPC startup drafts.

I'm not familiar with FFPC formatting.  Is there some sort of TE premium there?  Because I shopped Kelce extensively and I got the sense I wouldn't have sniffed Juju or Beckham even adding in a significant piece with Kelce.  

1 minute ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I do disagree that Kelce should be worth that much in FFPC but that's also TE premium which this league is not.

2 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I do disagree that Kelce should be worth that much in FFPC but that's also TE premium which this league is not.

Oops for some reason I thought I had read FFPC in the post but I clearly mixed that up from somewhere else.

Carry-on then.  Way too much for Kelce especially in non-TE premium.

4 minutes ago, coachoneill said:

I'm not familiar with FFPC formatting.  Is there some sort of TE premium there?  Because I shopped Kelce extensively and I got the sense I wouldn't have sniffed Juju or Beckham even adding in a significant piece with Kelce.  

Yes FFPC is TE premium and my mistake, I mixed it up with an FFPC trade I was discussing on another forum.

3 hours ago, coachoneill said:

I sent:

I got:

Non-TE premium? I’ll take your side, for sure. Moore could explode this year. 

3 hours ago, coachoneill said:

I sent:

I got:

You tore out your studs, and took it down to the foundation.  In reality you hope and pray that Moore pans out to be a consistent WR1 and you hit the ####### jackpot on that 1.4 pick.

You gave up a consensus top-2 TE and a RB who admittedly doesn't have much trade value at the moment but is in a favorable situation (barring the results of this week's NFL draft).  Brady is a tremendous 2nd QB for superflex, and should likely be a borderline QB1 himself in a 10-team league.  Next to zero trade value due to age, though. 

I think based on what you gave up, that 2020 2nd is going to be late because the team you got it from is win-now.

2 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

You tore out your studs, and took it down to the foundation.  In reality you hope and pray that Moore pans out to be a consistent WR1 and you hit the ####### jackpot on that 1.4 pick.

You gave up a consensus top-2 TE and a RB who admittedly doesn't have much trade value at the moment but is in a favorable situation (barring the results of this week's NFL draft).  Brady is a tremendous 2nd QB for superflex, and should likely be a borderline QB1 himself in a 10-team league.  Next to zero trade value due to age, though. 

I think based on what you gave up, that 2020 2nd is going to be late because the team you got it from is win-now.

That is a pretty good summation.  I hadn't been able to win with a core of AB, Kelce, Keenan Allen, David Johnson, so elected to get out before they all get a year older.  I also traded for 1.2 so I think 1.4 frees me up to maybe take a bigger swing that I would if I just had 1.4.  Obviously you want to hit home runs with every pick, but knowing my risk tolerance is probably lower than average, having that second shot might make me more inclined to take a Metcalf, Butler (or insert prospect with high ceiling here).  

12 minutes ago, coachoneill said:

That is a pretty good summation.  I hadn't been able to win with a core of AB, Kelce, Keenan Allen, David Johnson, so elected to get out before they all get a year older.  I also traded for 1.2 so I think 1.4 frees me up to maybe take a bigger swing that I would if I just had 1.4.  Obviously you want to hit home runs with every pick, but knowing my risk tolerance is probably lower than average, having that second shot might make me more inclined to take a Metcalf, Butler (or insert prospect with high ceiling here).  

I'd love to hear what you got for AB, Keenan Allen or David Johnson.  This seems like a terrible offseason to receive good value for any of them.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

I'd love to hear what you got for AB, Keenan Allen or David Johnson.  This seems like a terrible offseason to receive good value for any of them.

AB is still on my roster.  Suffice to say I haven't been able to find many suitors.  

Prior trade:

Sent:

Allen, DJ, John Brown, Tyler Lockett, Roethlisberger 

for

1.2, Watson (superflex), Chris Godwin, Ito Smith, 2020 2nd (likely late).

• Like 1

12 team PPR

Sent Cook and Pettis

Got Mixon and Kirk

Trying to divest some shares of Cook where I am able, In a vacuum I think its a lateral move but for the purposes of not owning cook on 80% of my teams I think I am alright with it

6 minutes ago, Pwingles said:

12 team PPR

Sent Cook and Pettis

Got Mixon and Kirk

Trying to divest some shares of Cook where I am able, In a vacuum I think its a lateral move but for the purposes of not owning cook on 80% of my teams I think I am alright with it

Think that is a pretty even trade.  I would prefer Mixon and Pettis by small margins.  Unknown is how much removing the specter of Marvin Lewis from Cincy helps Mixon's receiving upside.  

9 minutes ago, Pwingles said:

12 team PPR

Sent Cook and Pettis

Got Mixon and Kirk

I like Mixon more than Cook and Kirk more than Pettis.

So I'm pretty sure I'll take your side...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

On second thought nevermind.  I can see both sides and the value is quite a bit closer than I thought at first glance.  Probably even and obviously in your favor sooner rather than later.  

Based on what you said the other guy had, sounds like he shoulda been the one rebuilding, not dealing for kelce and brady

12 Team PPR

Team A got Will Fuller, Tyrell Williams and 1.12

Team B got Phillip Lindsey, Devin Funchess, 3.8, 4.8 and 2020 2nd rd pick

Williams = Lindsay

Fuller > Funchess 

1.12 >>>>>> bag of ####

1 hour ago, Deuceman said:

12 Team PPR

Team A got Will Fuller, Tyrell Williams and 1.12

Team B got Phillip Lindsey, Devin Funchess, 3.8, 4.8 and 2020 2nd rd pick

team A by a lot

5 minutes ago, tangfoot said: