Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Gottabesweet

****OFFICIAL 2020 OFF-SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

16 minutes ago, dipandglide said:

That’s a tough one @tangfoot I’m leaning Lindsey/Harry side in a start one QB league

Agreed. Close but I’ll take that side.

58 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

12-team 0.5/1/1.5 PPR

Q RR WWW F

Team A

Lindsay, Phillip DEN RB

Anderson, Robby NYJ WR

Harry, N'Keal NEP WR

Burton, Trey CHI TE

Team B

Murray, Kyler ARI QB

Jones, Aaron GBP RB

Washington, James PIT WR

Gesicki, Mike MIA TE

Harry Robbya a & Lindsay for me, Jwash is iffy as is Gesicki…..Im not a Jones truther either, I think GB could easily move on next draft......

I get so trigger happy in the off-season. I need someone to take my keys from me from May-July.

Trade 1:

Gave

Richard, Jalen OAK RB

Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR

Year 2020 Round 5 Draft Pick

Year 2020 Round 6 Draft Pick

Got

Bell, Le'Veon NYJ RB

Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick (early/mid)

Year 2020 Round 3 Draft Pick

Year 2020 Round 4

Trade 2:

Gave

Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick (late)

Got

Green, A.J. CIN WR;

Year 2020 Round 2 Draft Pick

Edited by Andy Dufresne

1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I get so trigger happy in the off-season. I need someone to take my keys from me from May-July.

Trade 1:

Gave

Richard, Jalen OAK RB

Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR

Got

Bell, Le'Veon NYJ RB

Year 2020 Round 4

Trade 2:

Gave

Got

Green, A.J. CIN WR;

Lev Bell + AJ Green is a terrible return for Nuk + 2020 1st.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

Lev Bell + AJ Green is a terrible return for Nuk + 2020 1st.

I KNOW!!! :rant::hot: 

• Laughing 1

Just now, Andy Dufresne said:

Sorry, buddy.  Feel free to PM me as a sounding board if you feel the summertime urge to play Monty Hall.

1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Trade 1:

Gave

Richard, Jalen OAK RB

Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR

Got

Bell, Le'Veon NYJ RB

Year 2020 Round 4

Trade 2:

Gave

Got

Green, A.J. CIN WR;

Andy, my friend.  These trades have to sting worse than the beating Bog's and the Sister's put on you at Shawshank!  

• Laughing 2

5 hours ago, tangfoot said:

12-team 0.5/1/1.5 PPR

Q RR WWW F

Team A

Lindsay, Phillip DEN RB

Anderson, Robby NYJ WR

Harry, N'Keal NEP WR

Burton, Trey CHI TE

Team B

Murray, Kyler ARI QB

Jones, Aaron GBP RB

Washington, James PIT WR

Gesicki, Mike MIA TE

I'll take side B, and by a decent margin. Personally, I'm not a huge Anderson fan, and while Burton is better than Gesicki, they are both pretty irrelevant.

Jones>Lindsay for me, and I like Washington a lot more than most as a prospect. Truth be told, I'd rather have him than Anderson, but that is likely just me.

Murray v. Harry is pretty much a wash to me. 

Ultimately Jones is the best player in the deal in my eyes, and that is a big deciding factor.

@Andy DufresneI have four buddies who I've never met face to face but with whom I've played dynasty for almost ten years now and we email each other with trade situations to get a read from other owners we respect.  We call it the tribal council and I swear it has saved me from a few rough trades, or short-sighted one's because i was bored.  I hear ya brother...this is a dangerous time of year for NFL'ers with off-field challenges and equally so for dynasty die-hards who are in overdrive between the draft and training camps.

And I can't even make you feel better because i still find myself shaking my head on the Joseph Addai for Cam Newton AND a 2nd gem i offered and made in Cam's rookie season...time doesn't heal all wounds i guess...

For now, go get some ice cream or a handjob or something.

Edited by battlestar
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, battlestar said:

For now, go get some ice cream or a handjob or something.

How much for an ice cream job?

3 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Trade 1:

Gave

Richard, Jalen OAK RB

Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR

Got

Bell, Le'Veon NYJ RB

Year 2020 Round 4

Trade 2:

Gave

Got

Green, A.J. CIN WR;

poor little Andy.  Yikes.

2 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Someone should take my keys away too this time of year. I get too bored. 

Sorry to see this. The first trade isnt as bad as the 2nd

Maybe to make you feel better that there could be someone worse out there- I traded Sutton for 2 2020 1sts, one in contention for 1.1. Then a month later I traded Gallup and Washington for Sutton. 

Now I may be offering 2 late 2021 2nds for Gallup 

Edited by Dr. Dan

10 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Andy, my friend.  These trades have to sting worse than the beating Bog's and the Sister's put on you at Shawshank!  

Well really, I'm not that displeased with it. I know it takes some squinting but here's how you talk yourself into things.

It all depends on if you think Bell & Green regain their form. I decided I was willing to bet on that.

The reason I did was that I kept looking at who I'd have to play in my last starter spot, and the names were uninspiring - Golden Tate, Emmanuel Sanders, Chris Herndon, and a bunch off rookies.

So, long story short, while I lost the battles a bit (or, a lot, if you prefer) I still believe I got closer to winning the war because I believe, over the course of a season, that a combination of Bell/Green will outscore Hopkins/dreck.

I'm in big win-now mode in this league and am not concerned that much with late 1st picks if I think it'll get that done. And since this is an IDP Zealots league, 2nd and 3rd round picks aren't nothing.

One last thing, particularly if you think I clearly lost here - beware of "calculators" and "draft pick value charts" like this and this. Because according to those a trade of "Hopkins/late 1st for Bell, Green, late 2nd" is either Fair or a win...for the latter side.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Well really, I'm not that displeased with it. I know it takes some squinting but here's how you talk yourself into things.

It all depends on if you think Bell & Green regain their form. I decided I was willing to bet on that.

The reason I did was that I kept looking at who I'd have to play in my last starter spot, and the names were uninspiring - Golden Tate, Emmanuel Sanders, Chris Herndon, and a bunch off rookies.

So, long story short, while I lost the battles a bit (or, a lot, if you prefer) I still believe I got closer to winning the war because I believe, over the course of a season, that a combination of Bell/Green will outscore Hopkins/dreck.

I'm in big win-now mode in this league and am not concerned that much with late 1st picks if I think it'll get that done. And since this is an IDP Zealots league, 2nd and 3rd round picks aren't nothing.

One last thing, particularly if you think I clearly lost here - beware of "calculators" and "draft pick value charts" like this and this. Because according to those a trade of "Hopkins/late 1st for Bell, Green, late 2nd" is either Fair or a win...for the latter side.

Yeah people get obsessed with trade value and forget that what really matters is whether you can start them and earn points. I like the Bell deal better than the Green deal but I get it. If Bell remains a stud then this won't look so bad. If Green does as well then it is solid. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Trade 2:

Gave

Got

Green, A.J. CIN WR;

If you think the second rounder you're getting back is going to be really early, then it becomes Green for a mid first and a couple of spots at the turn.  That's not bad.

7 minutes ago, Enderdog said:

If you think the second rounder you're getting back is going to be really early, then it becomes Green for a mid first and a couple of spots at the turn.  That's not bad.

The hidden benefit here is that now his team is worse because he needs to fill Green's starting spot with someone not as good (unless he manages to do what I couldn't - flip the pick). So the 2nd may be mid to early in the 2nd. He was 6-7 last year and didn't have a very significant draft.

16 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Trade 1:

Gave

Richard, Jalen OAK RB

Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR

Got

Bell, Le'Veon NYJ RB

Year 2020 Round 4

Trade 2:

Gave

Got

Green, A.J. CIN WR;

I'm not very high on Bell but see why people are. That one is closer, especially if you need a RB. 

I think the issue with the Green trade is opportunity cost. For that price you could pick a player that is producing from a low end team in season. That way you aren't just hoping Green does well. You could get a player that is having a good season and the other team needs picks because they are out of it. Value wise it like the picks side but it isn't crazy. I would have just waited to see what happens a few games in. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

The thing I struggle with in my Zealot leagues is the concept of 'win-now'.  With no prize money, I hesitate to give up future value for the pride win.

8 minutes ago, tkrull said:

The thing I struggle with in my Zealot leagues is the concept of 'win-now'.  With no prize money, I hesitate to give up future value for the pride win.

But whatever strategy you employ you're playing to win at some point with no pot of gold at the end.

I never realized Zealot leagues (heard them mentioned many times) were free leagues. Not that it matters but found it interesting.

Auction/salary cap league, so no draft picks.  22-man rosters, 400-unit cap.

Gave: Chris Godwin TB WR 5 units

Got: Tyreek Hill KC WR 29 units

He needed to clear cap space, I'm hoping for a short suspension.

12 team FFPC superflex(probably doesn't matter for this trade but it's my first SF dynasty)

I gave Lockett

I got James White & a 2020 2nd (we just had the startup a couple months ago so who knows - it looks like a crappy to middle of the road team to me)

Needed another RB pretty bad and have lots of strength at WR.

Edited by barackdhouse

9 hours ago, heckmanm said:

As long as your cap can take that kind of salary, this is a massive win.  I'm currently projecting a 2-game suspension, or less.

10 hours ago, heckmanm said:

I'm personally worried forever about Hill. Even if he gets cleared of this, he's likely one strike from being finished. Maybe I'm being too pessimistic or conservative, but I'd prefer Godwin straight up, let alone for almost 1/6th the price.

2 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

12 team FFPC superflex(probably doesn't matter for this trade but it's my first SF dynasty)

I gave Lockett

I got James White & a 2020 2nd (we just had the startup a couple months ago so who knows - it looks like a crappy to middle of the road team to me)

Fair enough. I probably prefer Lockett in a vacuum, but if you needed a RB, and had loads at WR, its not a bad deal.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tangfoot said:

As long as your cap can take that kind of salary, this is a massive win.  I'm currently projecting a 2-game suspension, or less.

Yeah, I loved having Godwin for 5, but when I saw he had Hill in his "trade bait" I had to ask. I've got quite a few guys stashed below market value so I can probably carry him for a couple more years even with max increases

10 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

I gave Lockett

At first I didn't like it but in the short term, White's role is reliable and I think the fact it's superflex makes that 2nd a bit more valuable as some talented players can fall if the QB's (great or not) go a bit earlier than expected.

Good move if you needed another RB - i've been trying to deal for one in a new startup as I punted in the draft and so far the prices are too high...(or i'm too cheap!)

Edited by battlestar

11 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

I gave Lockett

This is one I think you may regret in November.  I see Lockett rocketing up and White going down quite a lot. 

Personally, I would need more than a 2020 2nd to make up the difference between these two players.  White really fell off at the end of last season, and I don't think it's reasonable to expect NE to focus enough attention on one RB to make them consistent.

• Like 2

Non-PPR

AJ Green

for

Darrell Henderson

2020 1st round rookie pick (from a likely playoff team)

Was this even?

12 minutes ago, Spike said:

Non-PPR

AJ Green

for

Darrell Henderson

Was this even?

Non-ppr...yes

13 minutes ago, Spike said:

Non-PPR

AJ Green

for

Darrell Henderson

Was this even?

This is a nice out from Green. Those not high on DH won’t like it. Personally, I like trading for future 1sts from supposed playoff teams, those picks can turn from projected late picks to early ones with a few injuries.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Non-PPR

AJ Green

for

Darrell Henderson

Was this even?

Its a fair deal. I'd rather be on the Green side, but I'm pretty bullish on the Bengals offense this year. I think people are really underestimating how different a non Marvin Lewis coached team will look. 

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Non-PPR

AJ Green

for

Darrell Henderson

Was this even?

Essentially two firsts for the least productive WR of the old guard (AB, Julio, Green) is a great out. Especially in non-ppr. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tangfoot said:

This is one I think you may regret in November.  I see Lockett rocketing up and White going down quite a lot. 

Personally, I would need more than a 2020 2nd to make up the difference between these two players.  White really fell off at the end of last season, and I don't think it's reasonable to expect NE to focus enough attention on one RB to make them consistent.

You might be right about how the players will fare, but I simply don't believe in regret. If I lose out on this I lose out. If I can find a startable RB off of waivers this season I might try to flip White midseason. And although I like Lockett, I have Evans, Juju, Cooper, Sutton (who I am big on), JJAW who I am also big on, and don't see many scenarios where I would start Lockett. 

But I will likely not even remember making this trade come October. If this deal is a dud I might not even notice or care. I think it is somewhere between a small deal and a small-moderate deal in terms of value exchanged. But I also believe in White.

• Like 1

12 Team PPR (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE)

Gurley
I. Thomas
Olsen

for

Guice
Kittle

43 minutes ago, Heep said:

Gurley
I. Thomas
Olsen

for

Guice
Kittle

I don't want Guice but I know I can probably flip him for enough to take that side. 

1 minute ago, barackdhouse said:

I don't want Guice but I know I can probably flip him for enough to take that side. 

*gulps* just saw the news...not as good a market now? or doesn't mean much in July?

3 hours ago, Heep said:

Gurley
I. Thomas
Olsen

for

Guice
Kittle

I pretty much consider the Panther TE's to be throw ins, but I'd pay that price for Gurley. I still think people are overreacting with him. Frankly, I'm much more worried about Guice, both short and long term.

• Like 2

On 6/6/2019 at 10:19 AM, barackdhouse said:

12* team PPR TE premium (1.25)

I gave Kerryon Johnson, Goedert

I got 1.04*, Mark Andrews

*It was originally a 24 team league and has 2 copies of every player. Each year the bottom two teams are eliminated from the league and their rosters put into the rookie/FA draft pool. There are currently 18 actual teams. 2020 season has a jackpot and then we disband. Names in the draft pool include Michael Thomas, Julio, M Gordon, D Henry, A Jones, D Williams, all of whom I like a little better or close to even with Kerryon. And now I may have a better shot at moving the 1.04 to 1.02 or 1.01 to get Julio or Thomas.

I should have mentioned that I already own one version of Julio and can't own both versions, obviously. Draft started today and somehow Julio slid to my 1.04. So I did the following deal:

I gave 1.04, TreQuan Smith, Curtis Samuel

I got Chubb, Golden Tate

I acquired the 1.08 in some other deal and took the 2nd version of Jacobs there. First version went at 1.03 with Julio on the board, which I think is a little crazy for a league disbanding after next year.

But ultimately this worked out to Kerryon for Chubb for me. 

Edited by barackdhouse
  • Love 1

Since it is the slow time of dynasty; going back to rookie draft time (early May) and posting more significant trades.  QRRWWTFF  PPR:

A gave:  TY, Paul Richardson, Sead

B gave:  Thielen

A gave Carson

B gave DeVante Parker

A gave 1.4, 1.12

B gave DJ Moore, 2.09

A gave: Gurley, JBrown, Mike Evans

B gave: Saquon, OJHoward, 2020 1st (playoff team; how good depends upon Gurley/Tyreek)

A gave C.Sutton, ASJ,2.9

B gave TY 4.09

22 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

I should have mentioned that I already own one version of Julio and can't own both versions, obviously. Draft started today and somehow Julio slid to my 1.04. So I did the following deal:

I gave 1.04, TreQuan Smith, Curtis Samuel

I got Chubb, Golden Tate

I acquired the 1.08 in some other deal and took the 2nd version of Jacobs there. First version went at 1.03 with Julio on the board, which I think is a little crazy for a league disbanding after next year.

But ultimately this worked out to Kerryon for Chubb for me. 

^^^^^this was in response to my own post below from early June, forgive me as I don't know how to format this so it is simple to follow:

from early June:

12* team PPR TE premium (1.25)

I gave Kerryon Johnson, Goedert

I got 1.04*, Mark Andrews

*It was originally a 24 team league and has 2 copies of every player. Each year the bottom two teams are eliminated from the league and their rosters put into the rookie/FA draft pool. There are currently 18 actual teams. 2020 season has a jackpot and then we disband. Names in the draft pool include Michael Thomas, Julio, M Gordon, D Henry, A Jones, D Williams, all of whom I like a little better or close to even with Kerryon. And now I may have a better shot at moving the 1.04 to 1.02 or 1.01 to get Julio or Thomas.

Today  (July 14) I moved Alshon Jeffery and Golden Tate for 1.16, 4.16 and two scrubs that I'll drop - Burkhead and Jeffrey Wilson.

I took Metcalf at 1.16 (which is a reach for many on this board I am sure). Njoku, Pettis, Tevin Coleman, Penny, the 2nd version of Alshon ironically, Jared Cook, Will Fuller were still on the board. I like Metcalf, though. I considered Njoku in that spot. I would also have considered either of the two copies of Hockenson.  That 4.16 will be more valuable than it sounds as well. 

12 team PPR, start 1QB, 2 RB

Gave

Connor 

L. Jackson

Got

Guice

Winston

Some recent deals in 12 team Superflex ppr.

Icemen / Two QB Its a TrapTrade

Icemen gave up Year 2020 Round 3 Draft Pick from Icemen

Two QB Its a Trap gave up Fitzpatrick, Ryan MIA QB

Sun Jul 14 8:37:20 a.m. ET 20192Icemen / LancersTrade

Icemen gave up Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.08; Year 2019 Draft Pick 4.08

Lancers gave up Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.07

Sat Jul 13 8:49:41 p.m. ET 20193Spk Trash / Browncoats SF8Trade

Spk Trash gave up Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.09; Year 2019 Draft Pick 2.09

Browncoats SF8 gave up Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.06

Sat Jul 13 4:08:05 p.m. ET 20194The Leftovers / LancersTrade

The Leftovers gave up Freeman, Devonta ATL RB; Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick from The Leftovers

Lancers gave up Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.04; Year 2019 Draft Pick 3.08; Year 2020 Round 2 Draft Pick from Lancers

Sat Jul 13 1:11:01 p.m. ET 20195MAD DOGS/ The LeftoversTrade

MAD DOGS gave up Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.01

The Leftovers gave up Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.03; Year 2019 Draft Pick 2.03

Fri Jul 12 7:33:40 p.m. ET 20196The Leftovers / IcemenTrade

The Leftovers gave up Engram, Evan NYG TE

Icemen gave up Howard, Jordan PHI RB; Coutee, Keke HOU WR; Year 2019 Draft Pick 3.04

Sat Jul 6 11:02:48 a.m. ET 2019

2 hours ago, relic said:

Gave

Connor 

L. Jackson

Got

Guice

Winston

Connor and Jackson for me.  IMO, the two QBs are equivalent in value, and Connor >>> Guice.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, relic said:

Gave

Connor 

L. Jackson

Got

Guice

Winston

Connors health concerns me, and the fact that Samuels looked great maybe they'll get him more involved. 

I'll take Guice and Winston here even though it's a gamble on both Winson and Guice. I'm just very high on Guice

2 hours ago, jadensdad said:

The Leftovers gave up Freeman, Devonta ATL RB; Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick from The Leftovers

Lancers gave up Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.04; Year 2019 Draft Pick 3.08; Year 2020 Round 2 Draft Pick from Lancers

The Leftovers gave up Engram, Evan NYG TE

Icemen gave up Howard, Jordan PHI RB; Coutee, Keke HOU WR; Year 2019 Draft Pick 3.04

I think I know who the sucker is in this league... 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

Connors health concerns me, and the fact that Samuels looked great maybe they'll get him more involved. 

What about Connor's health concerns you? Is there carryover expected. I'm asking sincerely. I do not own him in any dynasty but have the 10th pick in redraft and would consider him there or at 2.03.

Samuels looked good, not great, and was also fresh late in the season. There is surely a chance Samuels earns a bigger role but Tomlin seems to prefer a single back offense.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

What about Connor's health concerns you? Is there carryover expected. I'm asking sincerely. I do not own him in any dynasty but have the 10th pick in redraft and would consider him there or at 2.03.

Samuels looked good, not great, and was also fresh late in the season. There is surely a chance Samuels earns a bigger role but Tomlin seems to prefer a single back offense.

I guess for me it's his previous battle with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. 90% of recurrences occur within 5 years. Not to be morbid, but it's a risk. Treatment is really good for this cancer with the survival rate mid 80%. I will be the first person to admit to being conservative when it comes to picking players with potetial longer term health questions in fantasy. 

12 team ppr

A gave: David Johnson and Mark Ingram

B gave: Dalvin Cook and 2020 Second