What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (20 Viewers)

I'd take Dalvin over 1.2/1.8.

I personally don't see any threat of a RBBC and to me most of the reasons people would call him a sell high I don't buy. Barkley would probably be the most challenging for me but I could rattle of reasons to sell high on every single top half of first round startup players right now other then him. The only reason IMO he should be considered a sell high is if you think every player who reaches the top of the dynasty value chart  can only go in one direction. Which is a completely valid opinion to have, but sometimes you can milk a few more years and still exit with a similar return.

I don't think 2 and 8 for him is bad, but I'd not do it right now myself.

Backing up what Gally has said I know on the sports radio up this way the Minn OL is generally considered one of their weakest areas.

Backing up what Gally has said I know on the sports radio up this way the Minn OL is generally considered one of their weakest areas.
Do you view this as a negative for Dalvin's longterm outlook or a positive that he's excelled without a great OL and chance they see marked improvement?

Yes and no. They run the ZBS which necessitates smaller linemen.

So they're a decent run blocking unit but an atrocious pass blocking one - at least of the straight dropback type.

Do you view this as a negative for Dalvin's longterm outlook or a positive that he's excelled without a great OL and chance they see marked improvement?
I'm not sure it applies. Meaning: some other talk is that the Vikings have to make a lot of choices on who to sign long term while being up against the cap. I remember one afternoon of discussion about is it worth it to give Dalvin a big money contract when so many teams have success using two or three RB with inexpensive contracts. My point is that Minnesota as a team could look very different in the next couple of years due to cap space issues, but maybe that is the case with any team? I suppose it means trust a player's talent more than situation?

I don't think you have watched many Minnesota games.  Their O-line play is average at best and they are more on the below average side of average.
Yep

I have never been as big on Cook as many here have been, but he has earned his success. Not on the back of a great OL.  (Took him 1.07 in redraft best ball / WSL)

12 Team PPR 1/2/2/1/ 2 Flex 

Team A Gave up:  2020 2.08 pick 

Team B Gave up: NYJ TE Chris Herndon & Was WR Kelvin Harmon 

Note: Team B spent 3.08 on Harmon last year

12 Team PPR. 1/2/2/1 & 2 Flex

Team A got Dalvin Cook Min RB

Team B got 2020 1.02 & 1.08 picks

Note: Team B has been shopping Cook...
note sure why, but this deal was UNDONE.  Nothing posted or communicated....  but it was only live for 5 min.  I missed the re-do originally. 

But the Cook owner is still shopping... 

12 Team 1PPR SuperFlex League:

Was offered: Evan Engram
Gave up: 2.07, Irv Smith Jr, 4.04

I like Irv, but still have 13 2020 picks after this deal so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to solidify my TE group (Evan Engram/Hunter Henry)

Well this was crazy...I doubt I'll ever do something this big again.

12 team Zealots IDP PPR

Gave: Le'Veon Bell, Darius Leonard, 1.8, 2.1, 2.8, 2.11, 2021 1st

Got: Robert Woods, Noah Fant, 1.1, 1.11, 6.1, 2021 3rd

I probably should have kept the extra picks since it's a start over project, but it's going to be fun having the 1.1 and 1.2 (my own) picks in this draft. And this league needs more fun so I also hope this shakes the tree a bit. This is with a new owner that took over an orphaned team and is fun to finally have someone to make deals with. I've also gotten Kyler Murray and Sam Hubbard from him.

Besides - Bell looks like he's toast. Leonard is great but I'm confident in replacing LBs when I draft and get free agents. I feel good about Wood and I think Fant might be the next big thing at TE. We do six rounds in Zealots and for this draft I now have the 1, 2, and 11 in the first, the 2.2, and seven more picks in rounds 3-7.

Go big, or go home I guess.

note sure why, but this deal was UNDONE.  Nothing posted or communicated....  but it was only live for 5 min.  I missed the re-do originally. 

But the Cook owner is still shopping... 
Maybe the guy never hit accept and figured it out the next day and had the commish overturn it because of that....hahaa

Well this was crazy...I doubt I'll ever do something this big again.

12 team Zealots IDP PPR

Gave: Le'Veon Bell, Darius Leonard, 1.8, 2.1, 2.8, 2.11, 2021 1st

Got: Robert Woods, Noah Fant, 1.1, 1.11, 6.1, 2021 3rd

I probably should have kept the extra picks since it's a start over project, but it's going to be fun having the 1.1 and 1.2 (my own) picks in this draft. And this league needs more fun so I also hope this shakes the tree a bit. This is with a new owner that took over an orphaned team and is fun to finally have someone to make deals with. I've also gotten Kyler Murray and Sam Hubbard from him.

Besides - Bell looks like he's toast. Leonard is great but I'm confident in replacing LBs when I draft and get free agents. I feel good about Wood and I think Fant might be the next big thing at TE. We do six rounds in Zealots and for this draft I now have the 1, 2, and 11 in the first, the 2.2, and seven more picks in rounds 3-7.

Go big, or go home I guess.
Other than it depending on who the picks turn out to be, I have to figure where that 2021 1st is in the draft order with be the defining factor.

If it is top 4ish, I don’t like it for you. 

Other than it depending on who the picks turn out to be, I have to figure where that 2021 1st is in the draft order with be the defining factor.

If it is top 4ish, I don’t like it for you. 
Agreed. That's the dice roll.

But I'm guessing I'll get one of CEH, Reagor, Shenault, Higgins or Moss (someone along those lines anyway) at 11 and I don't mind making that bet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone moved Godwin lately in a PPR dynasty, maybe for a RB? If so, can you post what it brought here? Thanks!! 
The Godwin owner is shopping him in my league but the uncertainty on Winston/QB is making it tough for him to get any value out of him.  Might have to wait until free agency or Winston signs before you can really make this trade.

Has anyone moved Godwin lately in a PPR dynasty, maybe for a RB? If so, can you post what it brought here? Thanks!! 
I moved him straight up right after the super bowl for Henry. I may have could’ve got a pick thrown in, but I’m pretty strong still at WR and my only solid rb was Aaron Jones .

Jalen Richard?  This is Arob and Guice by a mile, sorry.  
 Found myself trying to think if there was a Richard my mind was connecting with other then Jalen and then finally came to same conclusion as you. It had to be Jalen and the AROB/Guice side wins out.

I knew someone would do this.  I'm talking about dynasty value.  He's in the WR16-20 range right now depending where you look, and I simply do not see him cracking the top 10.
Whats the real difference between Arob and OBJ?  Why is OBJ considered a top10 guy when Arob isn't?  I don't think either are personally.  

Allen Robinson is actually younger and yet they're still equally productive (Arob is actually more productive; more targets, more catches, more yards last year).  

They should be closer in dynasty value than people want to admit.  

Whats the real difference between Arob and OBJ?  Why is OBJ considered a top10 guy when Arob isn't?  I don't think either are personally.  

Allen Robinson is actually younger and yet they're still equally productive (Arob is actually more productive; more targets, more catches, more yards last year).  

They should be closer in dynasty value than people want to admit.  
Upside, QB, and name recognition.

Not saying it's right, but I am not really making trades in February based on how many points I'm projecting for 2020.  I'm trading based on perceived resale value.

Upside, QB, and name recognition.

Not saying it's right, but I am not really making trades in February based on how many points I'm projecting for 2020.  I'm trading based on perceived resale value.
Upside tells me Allen Robinson's is higher based on limited targets to share on a team that can't run the football.  

All I'm saying is if it's perceived value, I'd happily trade OBJ for Allen Robinson and a 1st or something of that nature.  Their production (barring injury) is likely to be very similar.  

Upside tells me Allen Robinson's is higher based on limited targets to share on a team that can't run the football.  

All I'm saying is if it's perceived value, I'd happily trade OBJ for Allen Robinson and a 1st or something of that nature.  Their production (barring injury) is likely to be very similar.  
But then what?  Robinson is akin to the last few years of Keenan Allen to me.  Once he's on your roster, you're stuck with him because no one else values him at what you perceive to be his worth.

My general dynasty strategy is to churn my rosters looking for value.  If I have an albatross on my team, I'm screwed.  My trading style is not for everyone, certainly. 

On a win-now team, I'm probably also picking Beckham.  It's early, but Chicago is throwing off a vibe that they want to run the #### out of the ball and rely on their defense this year.  Anything to keep it out of Trubisky's hands, I guess.  And then there's the Anthony Miller factor.  From Weeks 11-16, essentially the only difference between ARob and Miller was that Robinson had 4 TDs to Miller's 2.  From Weeks 11-15, Miller out-targeted Robinson (was ARob hurt during this period?  He didn't miss any games).

What's the dynamic of the Bears offense and passing targets going forward?  We know Robinson is good/great, sure. Miller is about to enter that magical Year 3 for a WR.

But then what?  Robinson is akin to the last few years of Keenan Allen to me.  Once he's on your roster, you're stuck with him because no one else values him at what you perceive to be his worth.
And then what?  I enjoy WR1 points for WR2 prices and gain some future value on my roster with a draft pick.  Value is value.  I look at most things through a startups eyes.  So it's understandable we disagree a bit here.  If I'm debating OBJ in the 2nd and Allen Robinson in the 3rd/4th I take a future pick upgrade easily.  

Even in an established league, if there's a perceived value "downgrade" then I take the pick upgrade as well.  

I see Allen Robinson as a screaming value right now.  Even on a questionable offense of the Bears.  It's not like they can get much worse than 29th in Yards per game, 25th in passing yards per game, and 27th in rushing yards per game.  And he was STILL a top10 WR.  

ARob finished #10 in my PPR league this season

Gotcha. I agree then, but I think his perceived trade value is less than his actual value. He's always on my bench, but guys like him & Landry are more valuable as depth pieces vs what I could get in trade IMO. 
His performance (as you stated - #10 in your league) is near WR1 so why is he always on your bench?  I see A-Rob as a guy that is always in my lineup.  He has been pretty much an autostart the last couple years.  I am not disagreeing that he is usually worth more to the team that has him than a potential trade partner but that is because he is consistent and scores better than most people think. 

We start 3 WR & 2 flex. I normally started T. Hill, M. Evans, Golladay, D. Cook, Henry, DJ Moore and/or Hopkins
I like the wrs u listed but i believe Arob outscored 4 out of 5 of them (in 2019 fpc scoring) and he is undervalued imho. Put me down on the unlikely to trade him for odb side; more often than not I'll take the steady low end #1, high end #2 over odbs potential (for both good and bad). 

Time will tell. I'm off the Guice train and lower on Arob. 
High on Richard? ARob put up top ten numbers with Trubisky at the helm. I think going forward OBJ’s upside may be what ARob did last year. Guy’s head appears to be a mess, doesn’t seem to think he needs to put in the extra time (decided to stay away from some offseason activities last year with a new team and QB), and always seems to have a nagging injury. I win OBJ and would trade him straight up for ARob at this point.

If you're looking to win now it's not a bad deal. From your perspective I feel like you are selling Gordon a little short and Thomas' production goes hand in hand with hiw many seasons Brees wants to play. But I do like your side better. On the other side I feel like this is a horrible package to get from cashing out Thomas. It doesn't make any sense to me 
Not sure what to say about that. New owner took over a team and I guess, wanted to make it his own. 

Thomas' production goes hand in hand with hiw many seasons Brees wants to play.
He put up over 23 fantasy PPG in Teddy B's 5 games he started. Based on last year, with just the 5 Teddy B games, he could lose 15-20% of how good he was with Teddy and still be the #2 or #3 fantasy PPG WR.

He was better with Brees then with Teddy. I'm worried about possibility of Taysom Hill being his 2021 QB. But he does not need Brees to be a top or the top fantasy WR, he just needs an average competent QB(and maybe Sean Payton)

If you're looking to win now it's not a bad deal. From your perspective I feel like you are selling Gordon a little short and Thomas' production goes hand in hand with hiw many seasons Brees wants to play. But I do like your side better. On the other side I feel like this is a horrible package to get from cashing out Thomas. It doesn't make any sense to me 
Agreed. It would take a godfather offer to pry him away from me. This wasn't an offer I *could* accept. And I still think we haven't seen Evans best season yet.

12 team FFPC Superflex

I gave 3.05, 3.07, 5.07

I got 3.01, 4.05

Boring I know. Just trying to creep up. In superflex and FFPC, that bottom half of the 2nd and top of the 3rd is where the top FAs start getting drafted. There are definitely some rosters that are going to have some rough cuts next month, and I also am liking the chances of a rookie I like slipping to 3.01 but not necessarily 3.05. Most people will think I'm crazy but I am seeing an early tier break there.

I would like this better if you did it while 3.01 was on the clock and you were targeting a specific player.  In a vacuum, I'd rather have multiple long-shot lottery tickets that are roughly equal in value to the 3.01.

I would like this better if you did it while 3.01 was on the clock and you were targeting a specific player.  In a vacuum, I'd rather have multiple long-shot lottery tickets that are roughly equal in value to the 3.01.
I think most would agree with you. I like making these creeper moves before the draft approaches because I'm confident the board will look better for me at 3.01 than 3.05, and if I'm wrong I don't lose sleep over 3rd rounders as I will end up getting some of those back in other deals I make throughout the year anyway. But perhaps more importantly than the admittedly marginal chance my board is actually better at 3.01 than 3.05, this deal also puts me closer to striking distance in terms of when there is a specific player I *am* targeting OTC at say 2.06, now I can move that 3.01 up easier to get there. And I really like the way the board is shaping up so far. 

Same owner made three trades today. I was involved in one.  DEEP DEEP 12tm PPR LEAGUE, 6 per TD, -2 INT

Winston, Tyrod Taylor, Fitzpatrick for
Cousins, 2021 third (likely 25-28 overall) and 6th. 

guy getting Winston only has Tribisky at QB. 

Ty Hilton, Zay Jones, Patrick Laird, 2021 Late second for 

Calvin Ridley, 2021 1st (likely 1.2-1.4) and 2nd (likely 13-15 overall)

Gus Edwards for a 2020 5th and 2021 6th  

Do I see that correctly?  Basically it's Hilton for Ridley + 1st?   WOW!  Give me Ridley + 
Yeah the first likely should have been on the other side.  This owner generally accepts quantity type trades, throwing in my late second got me the 1st.  Probably the last off season to cash in on Hilton. Assuming most could get a late first?  

Users who are viewing this thread