What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (28 Viewers)

Has anyone seen Kupp moved this offseason? Curious what his return was? Was offered Kupp for my 1.3 in a league where I really have no "needs" position wise. Actually leaning towards my pick. Nuts or good logic? 
ETA-forget everything I wrote below. I thought you were offered 1.3 for Kupp.  Swat that away with ease.

You know what you just said you'd do if offered AJ and DJ in that other deal? That's what I'd do if someone offered me 1.3 for Kupp.

Obviously Goff likes him, he's his guy when he needs it the most, like third downs. He'll remain solid at least.  But really hard for me to ignore the reduced snap count usage later in the season and what seemed to be a leaning towards using multiple TE's.

As for seeing him traded. I know someone who basically traded Gurley for him, had some other small parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this was asked about in the AC forum and nobody liked the Team A side.   Surprised he still did it. 
Didn't realize it was in there.  That guy comes on these forums for 1 AC post every year, and that's really it.  I know which owner that is since I run the league.  I don't think he knows I'm on here and that I post quite a lot.  

Prefer the Mahomes side but Sutton goes before Kupp and Mahomes before Kyler.
I prefer Sutton also but he's not that far off from Kupp. While Kyler still has some upside I wouldn't value him close to Mahomes. I guess it's not as far off as it seemed at first glance but I still heavily favor the Mahomes side.

12 team FFPC

Team A gives Parker, Cohen

Team B gives 2021 1st & 3rd (playoff team)

Then same Team A gives Anthony Miller

Team C gives 2021 2nd (early)

12 team FFPC

I guess I can see both sides here but I think I'd take Parker and Cohen in the first deal and the pick in the second (I don't think Miller will amount to much).

Man, someone is still holding onto Fast Willie Parker?! 

I like the picks in these trades, assuming Team A is building. None of those players have great long term outlooks IMO. Not a bad buy for a team looking to grab some depth/upgrades. Good sells for a rebuild/build
If Robinson moves on I like Miller this year.  I may like him anyway if he’s healthy.

I know there are a lot of people who like Miller. I see him being decent but not a real strong play. An early 2021 2nd is probably a little cheap as his value could be higher in less than 6 months. I'd prefer an early 2020 2nd as there are a lot of prospects I like better than Miller. Regardless, I'd probably make this deal as I view Miller as a sell this offseason. 
Miller is a buy, not a sell.  His value is low and could rise.

It could rise, you're right, but I tend to think his value is lowish because his outlook isn't all that great. I just don't see a scenario where he separates himself from the WR3 type mass. I'd view him as a sell if I could get a 2021 first for him, or if there are people in my league who still view him as one of the best WR prosepcts from that class.

You said a this a lot better than I was trying to. I see him as a WR3 with WR2 upside. Not many of those being traded for high 2nd rounders... Hell, not many being traded for 1sts. 

If he has after another ho hum year he wont be looked at as a WR with a potential bright future any longer... He will be looked at as a soon to be 27 year old WR3 who is what he is and everyone will have moved onto the 2020 WRs and 2021 WRs... both classes are said to be pretty talented, 2020 obviously very deep. 

Chicago is destined to draft another WR in 2020 or 2021, especially if Robinson moves on. That guy stands to likely be more talented and a better NFL WR1 than Miller 
I’m a Miller fan but this is pretty spot on. 

Agree and fwiw on a team a I'm struggling for roster room I just turned down a likely high 2021 second round pick for him last week.

I liked him coming into the league and granted that draft class was not great he was a top 15 pick in I think everyone of my drafts . A lot of his owners gave up. I scooped him up off waivers and mid-season and basically felt like someone else paid a high second and wasted a roster spot incubating him for me and now I get to reap the rewards. I got little interest waiting a year to start the process over of drafting and waiting and hoping for development. I thought he turned the corner last year despite subpar QB play and if he can stay healthy I know I for sure am not putting a cap on his upside.

12 team FFPC

Picks so easily.  Especially in FFPC where roster spots are premium.  All players in these deals are cloggers.  

You said a this a lot better than I was trying to. I see him as a WR3 with WR2 upside. Not many of those being traded for high 2nd rounders... Hell, not many being traded for 1sts. 

If he has after another ho hum year he wont be looked at as a WR with a potential bright future any longer... He will be looked at as a soon to be 27 year old WR3 who is what he is and everyone will have moved onto the 2020 WRs and 2021 WRs... both classes are said to be pretty talented, 2020 obviously very deep. 

Chicago is destined to draft another WR in 2020 or 2021, especially if Robinson moves on. That guy stands to likely be more talented and a better NFL WR1 than Miller 
No way is he a WR3 right now.  He is not even a WR4. 

His current ADP is WR54 (when you include rookies) 

Agree and fwiw on a team a I'm struggling for roster room I just turned down a likely high 2021 second round pick for him last week.

I liked him coming into the league and granted that draft class was not great he was a top 15 pick in I think everyone of my drafts . A lot of his owners gave up. I scooped him up off waivers and mid-season and basically felt like someone else paid a high second and wasted a roster spot incubating him for me and now I get to reap the rewards. I got little interest waiting a year to start the process over of drafting and waiting and hoping for development. I thought he turned the corner last year despite subpar QB play and if he can stay healthy I know I for sure am not putting a cap on his upside.
I mulled this over some more, thought about the trade I turned down last week, and just did a 180 and:

Gave: Miller and John Brown

Got: 2021 projected early second

I think Miller is undervalued. I believe every single thing I wrote above. A breakout candidate especially if they do end up deciding to upgrade QB. But I already did one 3 for 2 trade this off season to trim one spot.and still had players in John Brown and Jonnu Smith I thought I could get at least a third for but no one will come off it and both were due to be cut and they were not even the players I wanted to keep the most I'm cutting. It's so hard to move a WR in this league someone posted they'd give Brandin Cooks for a third and ended up needing to include the SF D just to get back 3.10 and KC D. Hard to move WR's not considered studs.

So I mulled this some more and truth is Anthony Miller was the player I considered my last keeper, my 14th man and there are things that could happen in free agency were he could get nudged further down. My team is young, I believe I have one core player over 26 on my 14 keepers, AJ Green. I got premium picks 4 and 8. So what got me to change my mind was while sure I got an entire year next year to pull of some uneven trades to trim roster I'm already struggling to keep players, I'm going to add two premium players plus pick 2.8 and I got an entire year of FA  with no players except maybe AJG falling off due to age and even with him it seems unlikely I'd just throw him away next year. So if it's hard getting my roster down to 14 position players now it looks crazy difficult to do next year. So this trade not only nets me a free spot now, it nets me a free spot next offseason as this time as well so to turn that problem into draft capital got me to change my mind.

I think it's a better deal for the guy getting Miller and Brown for a future second but he had room and I didn't.

I mulled this over some more, thought about the trade I turned down last week, and just did a 180 and:

Gave: Miller and John Brown

Got: 2021 projected early second

I think Miller is undervalued. I believe every single thing I wrote above. A breakout candidate especially if they do end up deciding to upgrade QB. But I already did one 3 for 2 trade this off season to trim one spot.and still had players in John Brown and Jonnu Smith I thought I could get at least a third for but no one will come off it and both were due to be cut and they were not even the players I wanted to keep the most I'm cutting. It's so hard to move a WR in this league someone posted they'd give Brandin Cooks for a third and ended up needing to include the SF D just to get back 3.10 and KC D. Hard to move WR's not considered studs.

So I mulled this some more and truth is Anthony Miller was the player I considered my last keeper, my 14th man and there are things that could happen in free agency were he could get nudged further down. My team is young, I believe I have one core player over 26 on my 14 keepers, AJ Green. I got premium picks 4 and 8. So what got me to change my mind was while sure I got an entire year next year to pull of some uneven trades to trim roster I'm already struggling to keep players, I'm going to add two premium players plus pick 2.8 and I got an entire year of FA  with no players except maybe AJG falling off due to age and even with him it seems unlikely I'd just throw him away next year. So if it's hard getting my roster down to 14 position players now it looks crazy difficult to do next year. So this trade not only nets me a free spot now, it nets me a free spot next offseason as this time as well so to turn that problem into draft capital got me to change my mind.

I think it's a better deal for the guy getting Miller and Brown for a future second but he had room and I didn't.
Yeah man, the value of roster spots in FFPC tends to be underestimated. And worth exploiting if possible. Those 3 for 2 or 2 for 1 deals are great. The clogging effect for a trading partner is a bit of a deal, too. Then these WR3 types like Miller get cut and you can pick them (or other comparable ones) up later anyway.  

Yeah man, the value of roster spots in FFPC tends to be underestimated. And worth exploiting if possible. Those 3 for 2 or 2 for 1 deals are great. The clogging effect for a trading partner is a bit of a deal, too. Then these WR3 types like Miller get cut and you can pick them (or other comparable ones) up later anyway.  
Couldn't agree more, i like Miller (caveat, do fear his shoulder may be long term issue) and I love Brown (again) so Miller & Brown for a future 2nd is clearly a steal (imho) However, roster spots in FFPC force u to take this sort of bath and i completely understand.

12 team FFPC style (this is the one I referenced earlier that disbands in 2020 after our jackpot season)

I gave Mack, 2.07

I got Conner, 3.08

I figure the picks are mostly a wash in our last year, and I've got both Conner and Juju as major buy low bounceback candidates this year, with Conner getting an edge over Mack due to receiving.

12 team FFPC style (this is the one I referenced earlier that disbands in 2020 after our jackpot season)

I gave Mack, 2.07

I got Conner, 3.08

I figure the picks are mostly a wash in our last year, and I've got both Conner and Juju as major buy low bounceback candidates this year, with Conner getting an edge over Mack due to receiving.
It almost seems pointless to have a rookie draft, let alone go past Round 1 in this format but I agree with your reasoning.

Couldn't agree more, i like Miller (caveat, do fear his shoulder may be long term issue) and I love Brown (again) so Miller & Brown for a future 2nd is clearly a steal (imho) However, roster spots in FFPC force u to take this sort of bath and i completely understand.
I agree and that's why I said I like the trade more for the other guy but at the same time I've had zero post-trade remorse. Worked for us both, I just think it works better for him.

I guess you could say this is an example of why the FFPC has smaller roster sizes. It allows teams with a bit of a bare cupboard to get great discounts like this and help them compete.

Dr. Octopus said:
It almost seems pointless to have a rookie draft, let alone go past Round 1 in this format but I agree with your reasoning.
Yeah I know. But with FFPC style we cut down to 16 soon. Some of those veteran FAs will be worth reaching for. Lindsay was taken in the 6th round in his rookie draft. McLaurin was taken in the late 2nd. Preston Williams too. There is no doubt that rookie picks are extremely watered down here. 2nd vs 3rd isn't stopping a deal I like in a normal FFPC league let alone this one.

In 2017 Robert Woods was taken at 7.12. 

barackdhouse said:

I gave Mack, 2.07

I got Conner, 3.08

Ok so this league is actually a consortium of eight individual 12 team leagues. Top 4 seeds from each combine for a 32 team points race for the playoffs. You can own teams in multiple subleagues. In a different subleague than the one above, I did:

I gave Kittle

I got Derrick Henry, Noah Fant, 2.10

PPR, IDP 16 teams

Michael Thomas, picks 30, 62, 82

for

Leo Fournette, Diontae johnson, Brian Burns, Shaq Thomson

so basically Conner for the 2.04.
2.4 and a free roster spot, the value of which can vary.

I do have some FFPC rules leagues I'd pay 2.4 for him and lose the roster spot, would not feel like I got a steal but I'd do it. But in a little more then half I wouldn't pay it. So I can see merits of both sides of this deal. But I'm also not high on Conner's talent, I did 33 redraft leagues last year and took him zero times which I only point out to say for lack of a better word I thought his 2018 season was a bit of a fluke, I just got a strong Peyton Hillis 2010 vibe to Conner's 2018 season.  Then you got his inability to remain on the field ( I think he's missed a game every year since HS) and despite Colbert's recent sort of vote of confidence still feel like they will be in the market to draft a RB early this year. But just for the stats he amassed in 2018, and because I realize while he gives me a Peyton Hillis vibe I've been wrong before,  I'd take a shot where I can afford the roster spot, which again is less then half my teams.

No idea why the Conner owner would do this.

Rodgers is borderline cuttable in FFPC, so basically Conner for the 2.04.
When he accepted it he mentioned his strong preference for the 2.04 and that he was lukewarm on Rodgers. I'm actually still somewhat high on Rodgers and might actually be silly and try to buy him back later. If the Packers draft a couple (or just one) stud WRs I can see Rodgers putting up big numbers again. As @menobrownmentioned, roster spots play a big role in these FFPC trades. This allows me to promote a couple younger QBs and see what happens with them while recovering *some* value out of Rodgers. I'm about to draft this team into being a strong competitor IMO. I could afford the 2.04. As for Conner I'm taking a swing. I think there is a good chance he at least starts the season healthy as the main guy. If Ben is healthy I think Conners returns to 2018 form. 

You like Conner a lot, huh? I'm not sure what to think of his durability after the past two years. 
If he returns to 2018 form it will be a steal. If he doesn't it will be a reasonable price to have paid for a really strong dart throw. 

2.4 and a free roster spot, the value of which can vary.

I do have some FFPC rules leagues I'd pay 2.4 for him and lose the roster spot, would not feel like I got a steal but I'd do it. But in a little more then half I wouldn't pay it. So I can see merits of both sides of this deal. But I'm also not high on Conner's talent, I did 33 redraft leagues last year and took him zero times which I only point out to say for lack of a better word I thought his 2018 season was a bit of a fluke, I just got a strong Peyton Hillis 2010 vibe to Conner's 2018 season.  Then you got his inability to remain on the field ( I think he's missed a game every year since HS) and despite Colbert's recent sort of vote of confidence still feel like they will be in the market to draft a RB early this year. But just for the stats he amassed in 2018, and because I realize while he gives me a Peyton Hillis vibe I've been wrong before,  I'd take a shot where I can afford the roster spot, which again is less then half my teams.
Yes and to your point there are FFPC teams I own where I make this kind of deal and ones I won't. My best team has major cutdown issues right now. I pretty much *have* to make a 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 kind of trade. But everyone has to get to 16 so it's tough for them as well. On this particular team for the 2.04/Rodgers for Conner team I have all kinds of room but really want to slide my bench QBs up a notch. I now have Jimmy G (good not great) as my probably starter with Minshew and Lock up and coming. I'd absolutely rather have Rodgers but I think Lock is possibly Denver's guy they've been needing and Minshew mania is worth another shot. And Rodgers is old as heck. 

Zealots non-ppr IDP

Gave: L. Bell/Darnold

Got: 2021 1st (probably later)

In total teardown mode. I don't think Darnold will really be worth much as a fantasy starter (I have Kyler for that) and I've had Bell available for trade since forever without a nibble.

I have the 1, 4, and 10 picks in this year's draft and am hoping to possibly move up from the 10 and next year's pick gives me ammo for that.

Yes and to your point there are FFPC teams I own where I make this kind of deal and ones I won't. My best team has major cutdown issues right now. I pretty much *have* to make a 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 kind of trade. But everyone has to get to 16 so it's tough for them as well. On this particular team for the 2.04/Rodgers for Conner team I have all kinds of room but really want to slide my bench QBs up a notch. I now have Jimmy G (good not great) as my probably starter with Minshew and Lock up and coming. I'd absolutely rather have Rodgers but I think Lock is possibly Denver's guy they've been needing and Minshew mania is worth another shot. And Rodgers is old as heck. 
Rogers has been average at best the last two seasons, fantasywise. He’s my starter in a team that finished second and first those last two seasons but it’s not because of him.

Rogers has been average at best the last two seasons, fantasywise. He’s my starter in a team that finished second and first those last two seasons but it’s not because of him.
This is very true but as he mentioned if they add a high quality pass catching options I think he could rebound.  Now I can honestly say I don't have a single FFPC league were I'd roster Rodgers when cuts are due, but they've done a horrendous job of giving him much to work with and I'm not sure he's slipped as much as common thought or just has so little to work with. Probably a little bit of both IMO and they can fix one of those issues. But they overspent wildly on Graham and crapped out on almost all the WR's they drafted in past two years.

This is very true but as he mentioned if they add a high quality pass catching options I think he could rebound.  Now I can honestly say I don't have a single FFPC league were I'd roster Rodgers when cuts are due, but they've done a horrendous job of giving him much to work with and I'm not sure he's slipped as much as common thought or just has so little to work with. Probably a little bit of both IMO and they can fix one of those issues. But they overspent wildly on Graham and crapped out on almost all the WR's they drafted in past two years.
This exactly describes my thoughts on Rodgers. 

Zealots non-ppr IDP

In total teardown mode. I don't think Darnold will really be worth much as a fantasy starter (I have Kyler for that) and I've had Bell available for trade since forever without a nibble.

I have the 1, 4, and 10 picks in this year's draft and am hoping to possibly move up from the 10 and next year's pick gives me ammo for that.
I actually like Darnold. More than I should probably. But yeah, I'd take a 1st here.

Zealots non-ppr IDP

I think you moved just to move on Bell.  I have no faith in him and I get that nobody else does either, but you're bound to find a team that's set up poorly at rb who will over pay for someone starting just so they have gaurenteed weekly carries on their roster.

Ok crap I would definitely roster him though.
Rodgers probably deserves to be rostered. I only have one team I'm preparing to carry two and that second QB is Dak. If Tampa keeps Winston I might keep him. I'd rather trade both then keep them but hard to move a QB right now. But with all due respect to Rodgers I'd rather have Dak and Tampa Winston based on what I know today.

I think you moved just to move on Bell.  I have no faith in him and I get that nobody else does either, but you're bound to find a team that's set up poorly at rb who will over pay for someone starting just so they have gaurenteed weekly carries on their roster.
That hasn't been true from mid-season until now. 

Rodgers probably deserves to be rostered. I only have one team I'm preparing to carry two and that second QB is Dak. If Tampa keeps Winston I might keep him. I'd rather trade both then keep them but hard to move a QB right now. But with all due respect to Rodgers I'd rather have Dak and Tampa Winston based on what I know today.
Yeah we seem to be thinking about these leagues the same way. In almost all of these leagues my plan at QB is to acquire an elite one (somehow) and carry just 1 thru the cut to 16. I rarely carry a 2nd. This one where I moved Rodgers is an exception. So much so that I'm likely carrying 3 QBs thru cuts. I am building in the 2nd year of existence of this league but I think I can compete now with what I've got.

Yeah we seem to be thinking about these leagues the same way. In almost all of these leagues my plan at QB is to acquire an elite one (somehow) and carry just 1 thru the cut to 16. I rarely carry a 2nd. This one where I moved Rodgers is an exception. So much so that I'm likely carrying 3 QBs thru cuts. I am building in the 2nd year of existence of this league but I think I can compete now with what I've got.
I have Mahomes x2, Jackson, Wilson, Dak, Rodgers (on a squad that is back to back champ right now and I'm not trading him for anyone not named Mahomes or Jackson) and this last squad where I just moved Rodgers.

If I had room on my team for guys like Jimmy G, Minshew, and Lock then there's no way I'd be rushing to trade Conner for 50 cents on the dollar, personally.

The only time I've ever kept two QBs in FFPC is when I had Luck/Wentz coming off of Wentz's MVP season.

Honestly in your scenario I would cut bait on Jimmy G (he has no upside) and roll the dice on either Minshew or Lock.  Not exactly huge upside plays themselves but if they fall flat on their face you can pretty easily find a Jimmy G quality replacement on the wire in FFPC.

If I had room on my team for guys like Jimmy G, Minshew, and Lock then there's no way I'd be rushing to trade Conner for 50 cents on the dollar, personally.

The only time I've ever kept two QBs in FFPC is when I had Luck/Wentz coming off of Wentz's MVP season.

Honestly in your scenario I would cut bait on Jimmy G (he has no upside) and roll the dice on either Minshew or Lock.  Not exactly huge upside plays themselves but if they fall flat on their face you can pretty easily find a Jimmy G quality replacement on the wire in FFPC.
Eh? I didn't trade him I acquired him. 

As for Jimmy G yeah I mostly agree. I'm going to hold thru cuts, though. I think he is a useful starter. Good not great is how I described him earlier. Entirely possible I cut him later though. 

The 3 I’ve done in my 12-team superflex/TE premium:

gave - Deebo/M Gesicki/2.12

got - 1.04/David Johnson

gave - Ian Thomas/3.02

got - DJ Chark/4.07

gave - 1.04/1.10

got - 1.01

I have Mahomes x2, Jackson, Wilson, Dak, Rodgers (on a squad that is back to back champ right now and I'm not trading him for anyone not named Mahomes or Jackson) and this last squad where I just moved Rodgers.
Mahomes, Watson and Kyler are my starting QB's on all my FFPC teams, each one twice. I cut Lamar in one league during his rookie year, and traded him away last year in another, was asked for Watson or Lamar in the trade and so far looks like I chose wrong. Kyle obviously more potential then fantasy performance right now, that's the league I'm probably keeping Jameis if he remains in Tampa. The league I likely keep Dak is a Mahomes team and that seems like such a waste but injuries happen and more then anything I don't want to let someone else use him against me.

Sorry for non-trade talk people, but it is slow here.

Users who are viewing this thread