Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Gottabesweet

****OFFICIAL 2020 OFF-SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Zyphros said:

Just made a biggie in FFPC, high price to pay and I think I did overpay a bit but I'm happy

I got: Travis Kelce and Robert Woods

I gave up: 1.06, 1.07, 2021 1st (2019's winner 1st), 2021 2nd (mine), Foster Moreau

Rest of my roster

Russell Wilson

Josh Jacobs, Guice, Mack

Allen Robinson, Gallup, Renfrow, Unicorn, Hurd

Engram, Ian Thomas, Herndon

So Kelce is the starter, Woods goes in as a flex as well.  Now I need to trade away Engram who has very little value right now unfortunately. 

Also have the 1.02 and 1.04 so those are very likely 2 RB's to fill this roster out.  

Looking at ur roster I was hating the deal up until u mentioned having the 1.2 & 1.4; I still don't love it but at least those picks give u a chance at building a championship roster. Not sure a tm with that roster should be trading for a 31 yr old te. I probably would have held on to the picks with an eye toward next yr. However, its a bold move and if your rookie rbs come thru u made urself a contender this yr and thats what its all about man so GL!

Edited by NE_REVIVAL

4 minutes ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

Looking at ur roster I was hating the deal up until u mentioned having the 1.2 & 1.4; I still don't love it but at least those picks give u a chance at building a championship roster. Not sure a tm with that roster should be trading for a 31 yr old te. I probably would have held on to the picks with an eye toward next yr. However, its a bold move and if your rookie rbs come thru u made urself a contender this yr and thats what its all about man so GL!

Pretty much my thought process.  I'd just add Woods is a good get for this team, could be the #1WR on this team. But I'd still not have given up that 6 or 7 for me, if that 2019 future first got it down then great. I also think the TE's were arguably the team strength before the Kelce trade.

20 minutes ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

10 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Pretty much my thought process.  I'd just add Woods is a good get for this team, could be the #1WR on this team. But I'd still not have given up that 6 or 7 for me, if that 2019 future first got it down then great. I also think the TE's were arguably the team strength before the Kelce trade.

At first I offered Engram, 1.06, and a future 1st and 2nd for both players.  He didn't really like it that much, didn't want Engram and wanted more picks, this is what he came up with.  I kind of just said "F it" and hit accept since I wasn't giving up my top 2 picks.  

The way I saw it was that I SHOULD be able to trade Ian Thomas or Herndon pretty easily for a premium IF they breakout.  In that case I'd be fine with keeping Engram as a possible flex or backup to Kelce.  OR if they don't breakout, I'd cycle my roster with other breakout candidates off waivers or in the rookie draft, while trading away Engram who again SHOULD fetch a high'ish price.  Either way I felt it strengthened my team to compete while not getting too old.  Kelce at 31 is not an issue to me, Woods is only 28 as well.  So I have a few years before I'd need to replace them. 

16 team full IDP

I got Dak

I gave 1.07, 2.01

Probably an overpay, but 16 man leagues are different beasts with QB's and this one in particular hoards them up.  61 rostered currently including Clayton Thorson, Brett Rypien, Andrew Luck, Nick Mullens.  Mine are Foles and Tannehill.  Rest of roster is loaded to the gills and QB was gonna hold me back.  This is my first time owning Dak and I have this weird personality thing going on where I never truly know how I feel about a guy until I own him - and I must say I'm thrilled to now.  I tended toward being a Dak h8r, never wanted to own him and never really made an offer, but man I am really stoked about this.  Maybe it's just my desperation being relieved.

I take the picks, but like you said your league is it’s own monster and QBs might be especially hard to come by. I would take best available at 1.07 and maybe use 2.01 to move up few picks and snag Burrow late1st.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

16 team full IDP

I got Dak

I gave 1.07, 2.01

Probably an overpay, but 16 man leagues are different beasts with QB's and this one in particular hoards them up.  61 rostered currently including Clayton Thorson, Brett Rypien, Andrew Luck, Nick Mullens.  Mine are Foles and Tannehill.  Rest of roster is loaded to the gills and QB was gonna hold me back.  This is my first time owning Dak and I have this weird personality thing going on where I never truly know how I feel about a guy until I own him - and I must say I'm thrilled to now.  I tended toward being a Dak h8r, never wanted to own him and never really made an offer, but man I am really stoked about this.  Maybe it's just my desperation being relieved.

Definitely Dak...while it is not a two QB/Superflex league the fact it is a 16 team league means that there is a lot of room for error with that position...a QB injury or two can sink your season and you don't need that hanging over your head...also,  Dak upgrades your position while moving Foles and Tannehill down your depth chart which is a positive since Foles is not a 100% lock on that position and Tannehill is Tannehill.

Edited by Boston

31 minutes ago, BigAl21 said:

I take the picks, but like you said your league is it’s own monster and QBs might be especially hard to come by. I would take best available at 1.07 and maybe use 2.01 to move up few picks and snag Burrow late1st.

I’d rather it be a 2021 1st and the 2.01 but I agree with @Boston, a 16 team league and only a qb holding you back, you give up what is now a tier 1 pick (imo) but after draft could only be a 5-6 deep t1. Getting a pretty much set and forget qb1 is worth the cost in a 16 team league.

18 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

I'm not an OBJ truther, but this is pretty bad for OBJ. A TE who was very old to break out and stands to lose some targets to a rookie... I'll take OBJ and try to flip him to a believer in this case. Great sell high by the Waller owner

Who would this be? Am I missing something or are you assuming the Raiders are drafting a TE and that TE will steal targets? 

18 hours ago, Zyphros said:

Just made a biggie in FFPC, high price to pay and I think I did overpay a bit but I'm happy

I got: Travis Kelce and Robert Woods

I gave up: 1.06, 1.07, 2021 1st (2019's winner 1st), 2021 2nd (mine), Foster Moreau

Rest of my roster

Russell Wilson

Josh Jacobs, Guice, Mack

Allen Robinson, Gallup, Renfrow, Unicorn, Hurd

Engram, Ian Thomas, Herndon

So Kelce is the starter, Woods goes in as a flex as well.  Now I need to trade away Engram who has very little value right now unfortunately. 

Also have the 1.02 and 1.04 so those are very likely 2 RB's to fill this roster out.  

I own Kelce and Woods on a team that was in our last two Championship games (winning one)  - so it's a win now team for sure but I'd still take the picks if I received that offer.

24 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

Who would this be? Am I missing something or are you assuming the Raiders are drafting a TE and that TE will steal targets? 

A rookie WR, I assume.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/11/2020 at 9:28 AM, floods said:

Curious on this one. I felt strongly about one side, but another leaguemate whose opinion I respect felt strongly the other way.

12 Team PPR, QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex, 30 man rosters

Team A:
Tyreek Hill

Team B:
Melvin Gordon
TY Hilton
3.13 (toilet bowl winner's pick)

This is Hill by a mile.  Gordan/Hilton may not have more than 1-2 years left really and those picks aren't early enough.

On 4/11/2020 at 12:39 PM, barackdhouse said:

12 team FFPC

I gave 1.10, 2021 1st & 3rd (from league champ whose team is stacked), and my own 2021 3rd (playoff team)
I got Henderson, 1.12, 2.03

I think this was a good move for you.  Henderson is a lottery ticket worth purchasing at that price.  Especially with those picks in 2021 projected to be late.  You got 3 good pieces back really and only gave 2.  Late 3rds are dart throws that don't move the needle all that much for me.

1 minute ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I think this was a good move for you.  Henderson is a lottery ticket worth purchasing at that price.  Especially with those picks in 2021 projected to be late.  You got 3 good pieces back really and only gave 2.  Late 3rds are dart throws that don't move the needle all that much for me.

I just realized I should amend the OP because due to the fact that it is FFPC and we are between the cutdown date and the rookie draft, I had to make a cut to make room for Henderson. I let Isabella go. He is my 6th WR and I am looking to draft at least one more. 

It was either him or Drew Lock but I'd like to see what he can do in year 2 more than what I'd like to see Isabella do. 

23 hours ago, TartanLion said:

0.5ppr 

Team A) Joe Mixon, 1.09, OJ Howard 

Team B) 1.07, 2.07, 2021 1st (late most likely ), Preston Williams, Eric Ebron 

How do people view that deal ? Team A needs a re-set, Team B is probably just short of an RB and TE to challenge 

I still think Mixon is around a top 5 RB and is still young.  1.9 should still net a really good WR and OJ Howard's value can only go up with TB12 there.  I do like the extra 1st, am really high on Williams, and Ebron could do well but Pitts doesn't exactly produce high fantasy TEs.  I like this move for Team A by a decent margin personally but can see the argument.

1 hour ago, BigAl21 said:

Yep most leagues I would agree with you and that's why I am willing to consider it an overpay, at least by external perspectives.  But here Burrow might be that 1.07.  Kyler was 1.05 last year,  Baker 1.09 etc.  Two QB's have gone top 12 every year since 2017.  Now this draft is a lot meatier in the 6-12 range so it will be interesting to see what happens.

I also don't know what Burrow will even look like yet.  If he goes to the Bengals but they end up a balanced offense grinding Mixon out Burrow might cap out at a 4300/22 guy - Tannehill and Foles can do that.  We already know Dak has a monster ceiling and we know what that offense looks like right now - and it's a beauty. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

I just realized I should amend the OP because due to the fact that it is FFPC and we are between the cutdown date and the rookie draft, I had to make a cut to make room for Henderson. I let Isabella go. He is my 6th WR and I am looking to draft at least one more. 

It was either him or Drew Lock but I'd like to see what he can do in year 2 more than what I'd like to see Isabella do. 

You made the right cut.  Dropping your 6th WR in a very deep WR draft and keeping a young QB with possibly a ton of upside is the right call.  Plus, Isabella's value dropped with the D-Hop trade.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

Yep most leagues I would agree with you and that's why I am willing to consider it an overpay, at least by external perspectives.  But here Burrow might be that 1.07.  Kyler was 1.05 last year,  Baker 1.09 etc.  Two QB's have gone top 12 every year since 2017.  Now this draft is a lot meatier in the 6-12 range so it will be interesting to see what happens.

I also don't know what Burrow will even look like yet.  If he goes to the Bengals but they end up a balanced offense grinding Mixon out Burrow might cap out at a 4300/22 guy - Tannehill and Foles can do that.  We already know Dak has a monster ceiling and we know what that offense looks like right now - and it's a beauty. 

You were also in a spot where what happens if Tannehill gets hurt and Trubisky all of a sudden figures it out and Foles gets benched...your season would be shot at that point, regardless of what the rest of your team looks like...you not only fixed your exposure but upgraded a starting spot dramatically.

1 hour ago, Hankmoody said:

Only you know your league. Dak is an upgrade over almost everybody. Good luck. 

12 team superflex, not involved

Team A gives - Cooks, Thielen

Team B gives - Chark

Team A (from the first trade) gives - Curtis Samuel

Team C gives - Higbee, 3.04, 3.09

Team A (same) gives - D Freeman

Team D gives - Mattison, '21 4th

Team A (same) gives - Sanu

Team E gives - 3.10

39 minutes ago, Chad Parsons said:

Saw Hopkins for Fournette in 12tm PPR today

Straight up?

BOB had a FFL team too?

1 hour ago, Pwingles said:

12 team superflex, not involved

Team A gives - Cooks, Thielen

Team B gives - Chark

Team A (from the first trade) gives - Curtis Samuel

Team C gives - Higbee, 3.04, 3.09

Team A (same) gives - D Freeman

Team D gives - Mattison, '21 4th

Team A (same) gives - Sanu

Team E gives - 3.10

I like team A in all of them. Especially in total. Freeman could still be signed and become relevant again. But I'd probably rather get something and move on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chad Parsons said:

wow

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chad Parsons said:

If I look at this past market value and what I think Hopkins should get back in a trade and just focus on what he did get back and how each player has performed in their careers and how I forecast them to perform in the future it's fairly close to me. Injury history, and I'm one who does not think the past is such a great guide to the future with injuries, is really the only separating factor for me.

3 hours ago, Chad Parsons said:

This is horrible.  Fournette might only have 1 more good year in him.  D-Hop is still the man.  No way I make this trade unless I'm the one getting Hopkins.

13 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

This is horrible.  Fournette might only have 1 more good year in him.  D-Hop is still the man.  No way I make this trade unless I'm the one getting Hopkins.

These kind of trades I don't get. I like Fournette probably more than most still but if you are an active dynasty player and you want Fournette, you should know that you can get Fournette ++ for Hopkins - even if you think the trade is a wash there's no need to do it straight up. Get SOMETHING else on top. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RushHour said:

These kind of trades I don't get. I like Fournette probably more than most still but if you are an active dynasty player and you want Fournette, you should know that you can get Fournette ++ for Hopkins - even if you think the trade is a wash there's no need to do it straight up. Get SOMETHING else on top. 

Sometimes in order to get the deal done, you can't get something else. There's a fine line between pretending to walk away from a deal and actually having to do so. If you think that the value is a wash and so does the other guy, good luck getting more out of it sometimes. 

• Like 1

Not involved. Non-ppr, standard lineup and scoring

Team A gives: Chark, 1.6, 1.11

Team B gives: M. Sanders

1 minute ago, ex-ghost said:

This is Chark and the picks for me. Even just the 1.6 I feel like is pretty close. The 1.11 too is just icing. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ex-ghost said:

I'm not a big fan of Chark but this is too much for Sanders. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I'm not a big fan of Chark but this is too much for Sanders. 

Agreed. That is insane for Sanders (esp in non-PPR) but I love Chark and would take him over Sanders straight up so I'm a bit biased. 

Edited by RushHour

6 hours ago, Chad Parsons said:

Worst trade I’ve seen since that Hopkins-David Johnson deal....

• Thinking 1

31 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

Worst trade I’ve seen since that Hopkins-David Johnson deal....

Apparently you missed a few that went down in my leagues over the past couple weeks.

Hockeson in a 1.5 TE PPR for E- Sanders.............straight up

Beckham and Graham 1.5 TE PPR for Waller 

5 minutes ago, Mingooch said:

I might have paid that for Saquon

I was tempted to do it. Would have given me Saquon, Zeke and Fournette at the RB position. 

I'd have probably declined, given the strength of the top 5 this year. I don't believe one player gives you enough of an advantage in any given league to do a trade like that.  

11 hours ago, rockaction said:

Sometimes in order to get the deal done, you can't get something else. There's a fine line between pretending to walk away from a deal and actually having to do so. If you think that the value is a wash and so does the other guy, good luck getting more out of it sometimes. 

The biggest thing that people forget is that the general fantasy trade market isn’t necessary precedent for the closed market you’re dealing in. Our trade market is limited to 11 other teams and only 1 team if you’re trying to buy a specific player.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

I'm surprised you didnt take it then. depending on your wrs, it could have been a good win now window. 50% chance one of those 1st rounders is a bust

I'm in no position other than my own, but I would have fat-fingered accept on my phone until Ma Bell got rung.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Octopus said:

The biggest thing that people forget is that the general fantasy trade market isn’t necessary precedent for the closed market you’re dealing in. Our trade market is limited to 11 other teams and only 1 team if you’re trying to buy a specific player.

Yup. If you want a particular guy --- say, Kareem Hunt, just off of the top of my head -- good luck if the owner hasn't checked into the league in twenty-seven days now, no matter how good the offer.

You're just stuck with the situation. :kicksrock:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RushHour said:

I'd have probably declined, given the strength of the top 5 this year. I don't believe one player gives you enough of an advantage in any given league to do a trade like that.  

This is definitely a strong class, but no "can't miss" players (at RB at least) and Barkley surely gives you an advantage at the RB position over most teams in your league. I don't think it was a no-brainer offer but I'd surely take it knowing that the worse case scenario some one gets two young studs while I'm "stuck" with just Barkley.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

You mean you can't just grab a trade deal off the shelf anytime you want?

15 hours ago, rockaction said:

You have to be willing to walk away if the deal isn't right.  Just bad business otherwise.

15 hours ago, ex-ghost said:

I am high on Sanders and lower than most on Chark but I still think the picks more than make up the difference here.  Seems like Chark is being traded a ton in here.

11 hours ago, Smokin Okie said:

Was sent an offer tonight:

I get Saquon, 3rd rd 2021

He gets 1.03, 1.05, 2.01, WR Kirk

I declined the offer. 

I don't want to confuse this with rookie hype but the only reason I might say no to this is the fun factor. I'm not sure how long you've had these picks,  but if you've had them awhile and you've spent months breaking down rookies, we got no sports in the world, we are within 10 days of the draft and general joy of watching the draft and how that will offer you chance to truly visualize what these picks will buy you, then the wheeling and dealing or drafting coming up and now someone wants you to just give that up. That would be tough.

Because of the fun factor and my past history with a similar offer as much as it pained me, unless I needed to consolidate I'd probably pass.

FWIW I won't go into a long spiel about my team but I had an almost identical offer for Elliot in 2017 and this was after Elliot was coming off his rookie season and consensus top dynasty player.  Was also offered about this time. No trade offer has ever been more difficult for me to decide. I ended up passing and have no regrets.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Dez said:

Apparently you missed a few that went down in my leagues over the past couple weeks.

Hockeson in a 1.5 TE PPR for E- Sanders.............straight up

Beckham and Graham 1.5 TE PPR for Waller 

OBJ and Graham for Waller.  Wow.  That is horrible.  Wish I could have got that in the league I have Darren the Baller Waller.

11 hours ago, Smokin Okie said:

Was sent an offer tonight:

I get Saquon, 3rd rd 2021

He gets 1.03, 1.05, 2.01, WR Kirk

I declined the offer. 

I think I would have taken this in a heart beat.  Saquon is an absolute beast and young enough to make it worth it.