Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Gottabesweet

****OFFICIAL 2020 OFF-SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I 100% agree with everything you are saying but I'd still have done the deal.

Looking again, I may have said it backwards.  Meant that I'd prefer the 1.01 to Gordon, Deebo, and 2.06.  Starts getting interesting for me at 1.02 though.  If I'm win now I probably prefer the package to Taylor.  Akers would be interesting as I think he has more rookie year production than JT.

Edited by Vandelay

2 hours ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

You guys give the 1st overall pick to the team that loses in the championship game?  Seems flawed a bit.  I guess I'm new to dynasty but we do reverse order in the loser's bracket (so everyone has something to play for the entire season) so the winner of consolation bracket gets 1.1 and the last place team gets 1.6.  Then 1.7-1.12 goes to the playoff teams in order of finish the the champ gets the worst pick.  Seems more fair to me.

When I said he didn’t earn it, I meant he got the pick through a trade. He gave up his 2019 1.9 for a 2020 1st which turned into 1.1.

Was just offered Sanders for 1.5/Singletary. Got me thinking some..but declined.

12 minutes ago, Terpman22 said:

Was just offered Sanders for 1.5/Singletary. Got me thinking some..but declined.

Would immediately offer it back to him and take it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

You guys give the 1st overall pick to the team that loses in the championship game?  Seems flawed a bit.  I guess I'm new to dynasty but we do reverse order in the loser's bracket (so everyone has something to play for the entire season) so the winner of consolation bracket gets 1.1 and the last place team gets 1.6.  Then 1.7-1.12 goes to the playoff teams in order of finish the the champ gets the worst pick.  Seems more fair to me.

Hate the worst team in the league getting the 1.06. Just go by points scored. Least points scored gets the 1.01. 

If you want something to play for have winner of the loser bracket get the 13th pick in the draft or something. 

36 minutes ago, Milkman said:

Would immediately offer it back to him and take it. 

Ok, didn't think it was this slam dunk. Even as an Eagles fan, considering the value at 1.5

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Terpman22 said:

Ok, didn't think it was this slam dunk. Even as an Eagles fan, considering the value at 1.5

I read that backwards. Do not trade Singletary. My bad. 

Edited by Milkman

3 hours ago, menobrown said:

I  don't think a scenario exists  in this deal were I'd give up Jacobs if I did not think the 2021#1 has a reasonable shot of being one of the top picks . On the flip side I don't think I'm paying a top pick and chance to likely draft two young WR's(strength of 2.4/2.5 in most drafts) for Jacobs if I think my team is so bad it's going to be a high pick after this trade. So if my team is contending or not, where that pick is expected to land are key factors here.

Picking up Drake and Chark for a win now team makes total sense,  plus the way a lot of drafts went that 2.4 over the 3.8 should not be overrated, most drafts that's a healthy difference in tiers. Still I prefer the Akers/Jefferson side in the old vacuum, but makes sense for both sides.

I prefer the Julio side on that last deal but again can see both sides.  I see nothing in Lazard. I do have Adams a little over Julio for this year just a tad but to me the major difference between the them is the approximate 2 year age gap, which is not nothing. Since I don't know how their games or supporting cast age the best  I can do is put them on  the same trajectory. So using that thought process, which I admit has a lot of faults but best I can do, I'm getting two extra years out of Adams vs Julio at a cost of Parker and Hooper.  I'm pretty flat on Hooper but I still lean Parker/Hooper over 2 years of Adams but it's not that far off.

Approximate 4 year age gap between Adams and Julio, which is enormous. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Edgar said:

Approximate 4 year age gap between Adams and Julio, which is enormous. 

Corrected, looked at that all  twisted. That does make a big difference.

Gave: 1.10, 3.10

Got: 2021 1st (mid), Mattison

Big dropoff after the top 9 for me (pick was on the clock and the usual top 7 plus Reagor/Jefferson were all gone), and on top of that I'm a big fan of trading late 1sts for future 1sts because the time value doesn't bother me in a sturdy league.

Don't own Cook but Mattison is a nice wildcard.

On 4/30/2020 at 11:56 AM, DexterDew said:

trying to consolidate picks:

gave 2.03 and 2.10

got 1.09

should get a good WR there, so many WRs in that 2nd and 3rd tier

some how i got Akers here after passing on him at 1.03 and 1.06 (Dobbins n Swift)

On 4/25/2020 at 11:45 AM, DexterDew said:

took over a rebuild with only two pieces (Jackson and Kupp) and somehow finished well enough to get 1.06, etc.

12 team graded PPR (0.5, 1.0, 1.5)

Sent Kupp

Got 1.07. 2.07, Washington (Pit) and Cohen (i have Montgomery)

was able to trade back from the 1.07 so this is the net results:

Sent Kupp, 3.06 and 4.06

Got Ruggs, Higgins, Edwards (plus Washington and Cohen). Plus my 1.06/2.06 netted Lamb and Shenault

1 hour ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Big dropoff after the top 9 for me (pick was on the clock and the usual top 7 plus Reagor/Jefferson were all gone), and on top of that I'm a big fan of trading late 1sts for future 1sts because the time value doesn't bother me in a sturdy league.

If there is no one you are high on I see the thinking...that being said I would like more then a player who needs an injury to be productive to make this deal, especially since you are also giving up the 3.10.

2 hours ago, menobrown said:

Corrected, looked at that all  twisted. That does make a big difference.

Does that shift your preference to the Adams side? 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Edgar said:

Does that shift your preference to the Adams side? 

Yes.

I don't and have never owned Adams in a dynasty league and rarely in general(why I did not know his age). But saying that I got him currently as top 3 WR for 2020 and a little ahead of Julio. So yes, getting 4 years younger at WR1 and my best guess means 4 extra WR1 years is worth the rest of Parker and Hooper's career to me. ETA-plus the extra two roster spots.

Edited by menobrown

2 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Tend to agree with bolded, some exceptions ,but tend to agree and as such I like the trade. If I was in your shoes I'm probably picking Pittman at 10 but I'd rather take a shot on higher 2021 first if I can.

And agree Dalvin is worth more then 3.10, would think if you want out the Dalvin owner would pay more then that for him.

Posted (edited)

Something a little different

FPC Startup 250 (BB)

Team A gives (made offer)

Team B Gives (accepts)

Team A realizes quickly that they made mistake giving 10.11 instead of 12.11 and asks B to reverse and B says go pound sand. I know what I think should or shouldn't happen (already has) and im just curious what the consensus is.

Edited by NE_REVIVAL

28 minutes ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

Something a little different

FPC Startup 250 (BB)

Team A gives (made offer)

Team B Gives (accepts)

Team A realizes quickly that they made mistake giving 10.11 instead of 12.11 and asks B to reverse and B says go pound sand. I know what I think should or shouldn't happen (already has) and im just curious what the consensus is.

Gotta reverse this.  Obvious mistake and not good for the league to let one team get better for free.  FFPC is pretty good about this so I assume it already has been switched back.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 2:25 PM, menobrown said:
On 5/5/2020 at 12:02 AM, doowain said:

Gave: 1.08

Got: 2.05/2021 1st (team had 1.02 this year)

I had pick 8 in 3 different leagues and tried hard to get this exact kind of deal. Lost track of how many rejections I encountered.  I asked for less then this and people got insulted on me. I ended up just offering the 1.8 straight up for a 2021#1,  but limited myself to non-powerhouse teams,  and still could not get a taker.

So good deal and if I were you I'd feel fortunate to get this done

For those that care, 2.05 turned into Viska who I was targeting when I made the trade. 

On 5/5/2020 at 5:59 PM, hispeedthinmint said:

I thought Jeudy was in line for the 1.08 or so?

Haven't seen him later than 1.07 in 5 drafts. I'm finding that is pretty standard in non superflex. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dr. BD said:

ouch. obvious error. needs to be reversed. bad form to say go pound sand. not a guy I'd probably ever deal with, so that's not good for the longevity of that relationship...

@Vandelay

Yes the FPC reversed it as they should and the guy was\is a dink; in the chat insisted he did nothing wrong and just accepted a trade that was offered to him. Ftr, guy has been sending terrible trade offers the whole draft and really is a poster child for how not to establish yourself in a startup. 

Posted (edited)

I thought this was crazy in a 1 QB league but it is 6 point passing TDs and the team getting Dak had too many picks for his taxi squad so needed to consolidate:

Dak Prescott

for

Matt Ryan

2021 2nd (most likely mid-late)

Edited by Jonesin For Some Football

27 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I thought this was crazy in a 1 QB league but it is 6 point passing TDs and the team getting Dak had too many picks for his taxi squad so needed to consolidate:

Dak Prescott

for

Matt Ryan

Not crazy. Give me Dak.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Dak Prescott

for

Matt Ryan

# of teams?  Fair offer in my opinion, what other QB, if any, did the team with Dak have.  I am leaning towards Dak side.

39 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Dak Prescott

for

Matt Ryan

I think it is a quality move...If you believe in Dak (and I do) this trade means you don't have to deal with your QB situation (at least as far as a starter is concerned) for a good amount of time...you didn't give up a high pick this year, have time to get that 2021 back and the fact about consolidation is a very big deal, I will always over-pay a little to get one guy when it means not having to cut another guy that I really like.

12 minutes ago, jwsbowler said:

# of teams?  Fair offer in my opinion, what other QB, if any, did the team with Dak have.  I am leaning towards Dak side.

12 teams.  The Dak owner only has Gardner Minshew and now Matty Ice.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Dak Prescott

for

Matt Ryan

I like the trade for both teams. I have no qualms whatsoever in moving valuable young QBs that aren't named Mahomes or Jackson in 1QB leagues. I have done really well flipping QBs over the years that I consider it a cornerstone of my franchise strategy. My preference is usually to make it part of a package for a bigger player, but getting extra picks in this draft makes all kinds of sense to me. Conversely, consolidating and upgrading always makes sense as well. Win win.

Edited by barackdhouse

6 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

12 teams.  The Dak owner only has Gardner Minshew and now Matty Ice.

I think that is a perfectly reasonable pair to run with. 

• Thanks 1

New guy joined and made a trade with the league lowballer.

Dalvon Cook and Metcalf

for

1.05, 1.09, 3rd, 4th, 5th 6th

Trades like this make me hate dynasty. If you don’t know what you’re doing, ask someone before giving players away. Fortunately it doesn’t happen often anymore because I got rid of my bad leagues.

• Like 2

12 team PPR dynasty

Leveon Bell

For

2021 1st (probable playoff team, I say pick in the 8-10 range)

4 hours ago, voiceofunreason said:

Dalvon Cook and Metcalf

for

Trades like this make me hate dynasty. If you don’t know what you’re doing, ask someone before giving players away. Fortunately it doesn’t happen often anymore because I got rid of my bad leagues.

Wrong thread

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

12 team PPR dynasty

Leveon Bell

For

Fair value for a contender.  If it ends up being a top 6 pick, that’s no bueno.

12 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

12 team PPR dynasty

Leveon Bell

For

If you are a team that really can't compete for a title or if you simply have good RB depth it makes a ton of sense cashing out for a #1 as he is now 28 and had a 3.2 YC average last year....if you are real close grabbing Bell and having a year to get back a #1 makes sense but I would pursue other options before I would settle on Bell.

1 hour ago, Boston said:

If you are a team that really can't compete for a title or if you simply have good RB depth it makes a ton of sense cashing out for a #1 as he is now 28 and had a 3.2 YC average last year....if you are real close grabbing Bell and having a year to get back a #1 makes sense but I would pursue other options before I would settle on Bell.

The team trading away Bell has the best talent in the league and would been favorite to win the title.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Boston said:

I traded Bell away.  I have a good team and would make the playoffs without him.  Sometimes future picks are good ammo at the trade deadline.

Or maybe I trade a couple more vets for a mini rebuild to be stronger next year and for more years. 

I am also of the belief that there is a realistic possibility that this season does not even happen (or finish) due to Covid.  How high of a chance who knows, but a chance.

Imagine a high profile players gets it and dies.  Or a team has 20 cases.....who knows what they do.

Edited by ghostguy123

Just now, ghostguy123 said:

I traded Bell away.  I have a good team and would make the playoffs without him.  Sometimes future picks are good ammo at the trade deadline.

Or maybe I trade a couple more vets for a mini rebuild to be stronger next year and for more years. 

I love the move...if he starts off slow he will have almost no value and definitely nothing close to a #1...even if he is good next year he is 28 and trending in a bad direction...if you have the depth this is an easy one to make....you could move that #1 right now for something far more valuable, especially if you combine it with something else.

5 minutes ago, djb916420 said:

12 Team PPR 1 qb 
Brady

Gardner 

I'm taking Gardner here easy. 

9 minutes ago, djb916420 said:

12 Team PPR 1 qb 
Brady

Gardner 

Since it is one QB I will go with Brady and hope everything clicks in Tampa and he has a big year...if it were two QB Minshew would be a little more intriguing but in a one QB league I don't see Minshew ever having much value.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 roster, Dynasty, non-SF:

Ekeler & Jackson, LAC

for 

Connor, Pit & Hunt, Cleveland.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Milkman said:

I'm taking Gardner here easy. 

Why? In a 12 team 1 QB, QB1 production is easy to come by. It's only elite seasons that matter. A chance at even 1 elite Brady season is worth more than 10 middling Minshew seasons (assuming he even becomes a consistent starter and stays one).

Nothing about Minshew looked studly to me. He screams roster clogger to me because you'd never want to cut him as a young starter and QB deals are rare in that format. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 1

Happened a few days ago but saw a little chatter here about the 1.08.

0.5 PPR 6 pt all TDs - Start 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 flex (RB, WR, or TE), 1DEF, and 1K

Traded 

1.08 , 2.08, and Jalen Hurd

Received

2.01, 2.05, and 2.06

We haven't drafted yet.

46 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Why? In a 12 team 1 QB, QB1 production is easy to come by. It's only elite seasons that matter. A chance at even 1 elite Brady season is worth more than 10 middling Minshew seasons (assuming he even becomes a consistent starter and stays one).

Nothing about Minshew looked studly to me. He screams roster clogger to me because you'd never want to cut him as a young starter and QB deals are rare in that format. 

I think Brady is done and I'm high on Minshew. 

50 minutes ago, Dr. BD said:

I'm not sure I like this deal until 1.08 is on the clock. 

According to Mizelle, this would be:

Reagor, Zach Moss, Hurd

for 

Aiyuk, Pittman, Edwards 

Not a bad deal and one I would make myself. But... in my most recent draft 1.08 was CeeDee Lamb... And in that case I would absolutely not do this trade. 

Interesting- Pittman has gone round 1 in all three of my drafts so far.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Milkman said:

Fair enough. I'm of the mind that Brady has had nothing but Edelman and White for a couple years now and is actually in a much better situation for fantasy success and still has "it". The Patriots were basically playing small ball and defense to win in recent years, even more than they always have, and while Brady's arm isn't what it was he's not final season Peyton Manning. Even Peyton post-neck injury throwing ducks had one huge year due to all the weapons they put around him. Then his arm really deteriorated even more. Brady's arm is in better shape than Peyton's was in his record-breaking DEN season, and Brady's put up video game numbers before when he had the weapons, he now has an aggressive ballsy HC, and wants to show the world he wasn't a product of Belichick. I'm not prepared to fade him for a guy like freaking Minshew.

Edited by ConnSKINS26

21 hours ago, voiceofunreason said:

Dalvon Cook and Metcalf

for

This is terrible.  I know people are draft happy right now but dang.  Hopefully the guy learns but ya, I wouldn't want to see that in one of my leagues.

1 hour ago, Milkman said:

Why?  Are you a Jags fan?  I think this is easily Brady.  He could have 2 good years left and Minshew isn't an every year starter in my opinion.

I would lean Brady in the trade for the reasons mentioned, just playing the upside play, but I'm not sure why people are treating Minshew like he has zero upside.

He was a gunslinger in college and he just put up a top 15 all time rookie QB season.  And he runs a decent amount to boot, which is obviously very important in fantasy.  He put up a better rookie year than Baker and people couldn't trip over themselves fast enough to go grab Baker for his upside.

This reminds me a lot of people thinking guys like Dak and Wilson had limited fantasy upside despite good rookie years because they weren't drafted highly.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Fair enough. I'm of the mind that Brady has had nothing but Edelman and White for a couple years now and is actually in a much better situation for fantasy success and still has "it". The Patriots were basically playing small ball and defense to win in recent years, even more than they always have, and while Brady's arm isn't what it was he's not final season Peyton Manning. Even Peyton post-neck injury throwing ducks had one huge year due to all the weapons they put around him. Then his arm really deteriorated even more. Brady's arm is in better shape than Peyton's was in his record-breaking DEN season, and Brady's put up video game numbers before when he had the weapons, he now has an aggressive ballsy HC, and wants to show the world he wasn't a product of Belichick. I'm not prepared to fade him for a guy like freaking Minshew.

Agreed...he was absolutely not done last year...he took a step back from what he was but still had gas in the tank...as a Pats fan watching their O last year was painful...he had only two weapons in Edelman and White...Edelman was hurt for a good part of the year and defenses were easily able to take White out of the game-plan because they did not have to worry about anything else...he lost the glue of the line in Andrews for the whole year and while Wynn was out the LT position was abysmal, Cannon at RT was also subpar...another thing and this is on Brady was his attitude (which I have a hard time even writing)...he is a perfectionist and there was no doubt what he was surrounded with last year effected him, you could see it in his body language...as much as I do not want to see him in another uniform it was the right move for he and the Pats...I think you will see him really re-invigorated this year and have the potential for a very big year if (and it's a big if) he can get right on the same page with Arians, Godwin and Evans...that's gonna be real interesting because when he is not on the same page with someone things can head south very quickly...as for Minshew he showed a lot last year but I question if he will ever be the type of QB you would really want to start in a one QB league (and if Jax is bad which they should be they could also land Lawrence or Fields), I would much rather roll the dice of Brady having the type of year Manning had in his first year with Denver because that could help you win a title.

Edited by Boston