Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Gottabesweet

****OFFICIAL 2020 OFF-SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Nero said:

12 team PPR Flex

Gave Chase Edmonds

Received J.J. Arcega Whiteside

I like it unless you are the Drake owner. A bad first year obviously reduces a WR's chances of hitting but people still give up too easily on rookie WRs/TEs that struggle, especially considering--in this case--that JJAW was known to be a project

Edited by KChusker

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, KChusker said:

8 Team 0.5 PPR SF (1 QB, 1 SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 D, 1 K)

Somehow last year but came into the offseason with incredible WR depth but serious holes at QB--only having 3 (Dak, Darnold, Daniel Jones)--and RB with Tevin Coleman and Tarik Cohen as my RB2 and RB3 behind Zeke

Gave: Brandin Cooks+2.08 (other guy used it to pick Anthony McFarland)

Got: Derrius Guice

Gave: 1.06 (other guy used for CeeDee Lamb)+1.08 (other guy used for Cam Akers)+2021 1st+Christian Kirk

Got: 1.01 (used it to pick Jonathan Taylor)+Ben Roethlisberger+4.04 (used it to pick Jordan Love)+Parris Campbell

Gave: 49ers Defense+Tevin Coleman+Dallas Goedert

Got: 3.04 (used it to pick Michael Pittman)+2021 2nd

Gave: Dak+Alexander Mattison

Got: Deshaun Watson+2.07 (used it to pick Denzel Mims)+4.08 (used it to pick Antonio Gandy Golden)

Gave: Cooper Kupp

Got: Terry McLaurin+2021 2nd+Sony Michel

Gave: OBJ+1 out of 3 2021 2nds+2022 2nd

Got: 1.02 (used it to pick Clyde Edwards Helaire)+Damien Harris+2022 3rd

I probably overpaid on some of these but I am a big believer in getting "my guys" even if it means overpaying.

I have seen a lot of Wisconsin RBs annihilate my Huskers, but Taylor is special. I would but stunned if he is not at least a high RB2/back end of the top 15 RB through his rookie deal, and I didn't think Love should have been available in the 4th round in Superflex or Mims/Pittman in the 2nd/3rd so I decided I had to make a move.

CEH was a bit of a homer pick wanting a Chief on my team and "fixing" the conundrum of picking between him and JT at 1.01

Edited by KChusker

1 hour ago, KChusker said:

He was good in fantasy because of volume and TDs.

He was awful in real life though: no other way to describe a 3.8 YPC and fumbling issues. That's fine in the short run but long term an awful, inefficient real life player who costs his team games cannot hold fantasy value because he will lose playing time and opportunity in high leverage situations (goal line, late game, etc). Just like Matt Asiata or Mike Gilislee were not good players just because they could get 20 yards and 2 TDs off 8 carries. Gordon isn't that bad, but while Lindsay isn't elite or a workhorse, he is certainly good and efficient enough to take significant touches a fumbling plodder.

Yes, Woods is already undervalued; but like I said, I think Woods is a good player while Gordon is not anymore. Woods also is due for significant positive TD regression, and a bump in volume with Cooks gone.

Sure, as I said we disagree on the player.  You seem hung up on his ypc while I seem hung up on his production.  Still doesn't address the notion of wrong time to sell though.

Just now, Vandelay said:

Sure, as I said we disagree on the player.  You seem hung up on his ypc while I seem hung up on his fantasy production.  Still doesn't address the notion of wrong time to sell though.

Fixed in the mix. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

It's weird, though. He doesn't have Anthony Lynn there anymore to give him GL work, but from everything that Fangio and Elway have said, I think he might get the same type of role. I keep deleting things in this thread, but I'm pretty sure I said I traded him this summer. The front office hadn't spoken so deliberately about their plans for him until I'd sold him, and I didn't figure that he was destined for anything but a RBBC with Lindsay. But I also didn't think that Lindsay wasn't their pass-catching back last year, Freeman was. So there won't be a definitive role for him to be subbed out because of. 

So we'll see. His fantasy production doesn't hide the notion that he wasn't really that great in San Diego. Will scheme change that? I don't know. Will not seeing stacked boxes and a different line change that? It very well could, and it really better, because with volume being tied to real football prowess and not fantasy production, one could theorize that he'll lose his job by Week 7 or 8. That'd be my take. I've never been high on him. But I could be very wrong.  

Edited by Encumbrance
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vandelay said:

Sure, as I said we disagree on the player.  You seem hung up on his ypc while I seem hung up on his production.  Still doesn't address the notion of wrong time to sell though.

As I said: if Gordon plays like he did last year, he is going to lose touches when it matters, and his value will crater even more that it has in the past year--how much of a trade market do you see for 27 year old RBs with a lot of wear and tear who were run off their previous team by a UDFA and also happen to be stuck in a committee with a more efficient back on a pass heavy offense (which the Broncos look like they will be)? They haven't paid him enough that they need to keep riding him if he costs them games with 4th quarter fumbles and 2 yard rushes like he did for the Chargers. 

16 minutes ago, Encumbrance said:

Fixed in the mix. 

This^ Efficiency is part of production--perhaps less so in fantasy but definitely but definitely in real life. I don't see how that can be debated: unless you also think Matt Asiata and Mike Gilislee's 8 carries for 20 yards and 2 TDs was good production.

To be honest I never saw him as an elite talent. Even when he was running over my Huskers in his college days I didn't see a special talent creating yards--just a guy taking what an incredible offensive line was giving him. Even in his RB1 days I saw an average player with a lot of volume--definitely not a guy who was a Gurley (before he died)/Zeke type talent deserving of being the highest paid RB. And the fact that the Chargers didn't sign him and no team really even made a serious offer to trade for him (the Eagles offered a fifth and pick swap in the 3rd or something like that) tells me the NFL agrees with this view

I get it, you don't think hes special irl.  Neither do I.  He has 3 1/2 straight years of RB1 production though and Denver just made him the 7th highest paid RB.  I've never been a fan but hes never been valued this low either.  Sign me up.

• Like 3

I'm not sure why people are saying this trade will still be on the table in-season and Woods value can't go up even when he produces. 

Guys like Woods, somewhat older guys that produce, are at their lowest value in the offseason when everyone is rosterbating to the sexy young names on their team and at their highest value in-season when people are actually trying to win games with fantasy points.

Couple that with Woods' likely positive TD regression and Cooks out of the picture and I think Woods will be worth a fair bit more in season when the games are being played than he is right now.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Guys like Woods, somewhat older guys that produce, are at their lowest value in the offseason when everyone is rosterbating to the sexy young names on their team and at their highest value in-season when people are actually trying to win games with fantasy points.

I stand corrected. Good point. Woods won't change, but his fantasy GM's opinion of him will once he starts earning points by the fistful.  

Man the Gordon hate seems really over the top. Did LeVeon Bell lose his job as well to James Conner because the Steelers decided not to pay him?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I will always respect going and getting your guy in this hobby.

But that trade for the 1.01 feels like a massive overpay for a guy who doesn't feel as safe as former, more premium/bluechip 1.01's like Gurley, Zeke, and Barkley.

Edit: Just saw that even with 9 offensive starters and being SF, it is still an 8-teamer. So consolidating makes more sense in that light. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

when everyone is rosterbating

I don't know how I've never heard that term before but it's fantastic.

• Laughing 1

9 hours ago, Vandelay said:

I get it, you don't think hes special irl.  Neither do I.  He has 3 1/2 straight years of RB1 production though and Denver just made him the 7th highest paid RB.  I've never been a fan but hes never been valued this low either.  Sign me up.

Fair enough but what kind of WR do you think you could get for him if he produces? I don't think his value will change all that much in-season. He is one of those players that is nice in your lineup but hard to get value for.

10 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I'm not sure why people are saying this trade will still be on the table in-season and Woods value can't go up even when he produces. 

Couple that with Woods' likely positive TD regression and Cooks out of the picture and I think Woods will be worth a fair bit more in season when the games are being played than he is right now.

I guess I just feel all of this applies to Gordon as well and RBs are much more valuable than WRs, particularly in season.  Im fine being in the minority on this one though.

52 minutes ago, Rockchild said:

Fair enough but what kind of WR do you think you could get for him if he produces? I don't think his value will change all that much in-season. He is one of those players that is nice in your lineup but hard to get value for.

Really hard to say but I imagine there'd be a team(s) struggling with RB production or injuries that is still competitive and at that point just depends who they have.  

Anyway, I'll let this die.  Just wanted to respond and appreciate the back and forth.

13 hours ago, KChusker said:

Whut? He fell that far? That's absurd. Nice pick. Love the McLaurin trade as well. The others all looked even and fair to me, too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, menobrown said:

I don't know how I've never heard that term before but it's fantastic.

I remember them using the term on "The League".

14 minutes ago, Vandelay said:

I guess I just feel all of this applies to Gordon as well and RBs are much more valuable than WRs, particularly in season.  Im fine being in the minority on this one though.

I applies to Gordon as well IF he produces.

I am very confident Woods will come out and pick up where he left off last year if not better with the positive TD regression and Cooks out of town.

I am much more 50/50 on Gordon.  If he comes out of the gate and doesn't immediately get the bulk of the work including the goaline carries and much of the passing down work his value is going to drop quickly. 

11 hours ago, KChusker said:

As I said: if Gordon plays like he did last year, he is going to lose touches when it matters, and his value will crater even more that it has in the past year--how much of a trade market do you see for 27 year old RBs with a lot of wear and tear who were run off their previous team by a UDFA and also happen to be stuck in a committee with a more efficient back on a pass heavy offense (which the Broncos look like they will be)? They haven't paid him enough that they need to keep riding him if he costs them games with 4th quarter fumbles and 2 yard rushes like he did for the Chargers. 

This^ Efficiency is part of production--perhaps less so in fantasy but definitely but definitely in real life. I don't see how that can be debated: unless you also think Matt Asiata and Mike Gilislee's 8 carries for 20 yards and 2 TDs was good production.

To be honest I never saw him as an elite talent. Even when he was running over my Huskers in his college days I didn't see a special talent creating yards--just a guy taking what an incredible offensive line was giving him. Even in his RB1 days I saw an average player with a lot of volume--definitely not a guy who was a Gurley (before he died)/Zeke type talent deserving of being the highest paid RB. And the fact that the Chargers didn't sign him and no team really even made a serious offer to trade for him (the Eagles offered a fifth and pick swap in the 3rd or something like that) tells me the NFL agrees with this view

You really hate Gordon.  He is a good fantasy asset when given the opportunity and Woods is easily replaceable.  I'm not high on Gordon at all but he will be a very solid RB2 this year and the hating here is a little much because he is inefficient.  He will get carries and a RB2 is worth more in fantasy than a WR2.  His window is short though but I agree this trade could have been made later for the same value and possibly could have got more if things broke right.

1 hour ago, barackdhouse said:

Whut? He fell that far? That's absurd. Nice pick. Love the McLaurin trade as well. The others all looked even and fair to me, too.

Pittman at 3.04 in 8 team league = Pick 20 vs ADP of 12-14 is a small drop but with so few teams, might be little need for WR Depth.  But at first glance, it was shocking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

You really hate Gordon.  He is a good fantasy asset when given the opportunity and Woods is easily replaceable.  I'm not high on Gordon at all but he will be a very solid RB2 this year and the hating here is a little much because he is inefficient.  He will get carries and a RB2 is worth more in fantasy than a WR2.  His window is short though but I agree this trade could have been made later for the same value and possibly could have got more if things broke right.

Inefficiency isn't a disqualifier for an RB2, but inefficiency AND fumbling problems gets a player on the bench and loses them reps in high leverage situations (goal line/late game). And in general whereas I love getting veteran WRs for cheap I hate trusting an RB coming off his worst season in his late 20s.

I just see a lot more risk in waiting than others seem to.

5 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I will always respect going and getting your guy in this hobby.

But that trade for the 1.01 feels like a massive overpay for a guy who doesn't feel as safe as former, more premium/bluechip 1.01's like Gurley, Zeke, and Barkley.

Edit: Just saw that even with 9 offensive starters and being SF, it is still an 8-teamer. So consolidating makes more sense in that light. 

It probably was. I kicked the tires with my 2 firsts and asked what else I'd need to add. That's what he asked. I asked for a bit of change back with the pick, and he was willing. I am not a huge Ben fan for this year but I did need a QB and Campbell feels like a cheap enough buy considering he was just hurt rather than bad last year. Was also pleased Love fell that far in SF. I get people's reservations but a 1st round QB is a 1st round QB and the trade overall felt like killing two birds (QB and RB needs) with one stone.

In hindsight I should have offered those 3 firsts and Kirk around and see what it could have gotten me--probably a more proven RB/QB

I saw a considerable drop-off in RBs after JT and CEH (and maybe Dobbins--go back and forth on him) in situation and decided to go all in on them. If both hit as RB1s, I should be winning titles for a while. If both miss, a long rebuild is ahead I suppose.

3 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

Guys like Chase Claypool and Anthony McFarland went ahead of him--which shocked me. We had been discussing a trade into the 3rd but Pittman falling made me pull the trigger. Surprised he agreed to a deal without me giving up 3.08--which got me Bryan Edwards.

I love Kupp but I don't love the thought of him going up against outside CBs and press/man coverage now with Cooks gone and with QB play last year feels like Terry's floor as long as he is still the number 1

1 hour ago, Birdie048 said:

Pittman at 3.04 in 8 team league = Pick 20 vs ADP of 12-14 is a small drop but with so few teams, might be little need for WR Depth.  But at first glance, it was shocking.

This is definitely part of it but even so there were some weird picks ahead of him

11 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Waiting for the first Cook or Mattison trade.

Mattison for Hayden Hurst. Wasn’t involved in this one. 14 team ppr.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Waiting for the first Cook or Mattison trade.

Just last week i traded Njoku for Mattison in a 12 team PPR Superflex TE Premium.  I own Cook.  I wonder how that other owner feels about the deal now?  I had been trying to get Mattison since last season but his asking price was crazy.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Birdie048 said:

Oh yeah 8 team makes much more sense.

On 6/9/2020 at 11:25 PM, KChusker said:

8 Team 0.5 PPR SF (1 QB, 1 SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 D, 1 K)

Somehow last year but came into the offseason with incredible WR depth but serious holes at QB--only having 3 (Dak, Darnold, Daniel Jones)--and RB with Tevin Coleman and Tarik Cohen as my RB2 and RB3 behind Zeke

Gave: Brandin Cooks+2.08 (other guy used it to pick Anthony McFarland)

Got: Derrius Guice

Gave: 1.06 (other guy used for CeeDee Lamb)+1.08 (other guy used for Cam Akers)+2021 1st+Christian Kirk

Got: 1.01 (used it to pick Jonathan Taylor)+Ben Roethlisberger+4.04 (used it to pick Jordan Love)+Parris Campbell

Gave: Dak+Alexander Mattison

Got: Deshaun Watson+2.07 (used it to pick Denzel Mims)+4.08 (used it to pick Antonio Gandy Golden)

Gave: OBJ+1 out of 3 2021 2nds+2022 2nd

Got: 1.02 (used it to pick Clyde Edwards Helaire)+Damien Harris+2022 3rd

I would take Cooks over Guice. 

Give me the picks even in an 8 team league. This isn't zeke at number 1.  

I would take Goedert over Pittman

Love the Watson side

Close, but give me the Mclaurin side

CEH side. 

18 hours ago, cloppbeast said:

ppr league. Sent Marquise Brown and 2021 4th for Tyler Boyd

I like the Boyd side.

• Like 2

Gave: Tevin Coleman (to Mostert Owner)

Got: 2020 2.09

Was going to cut Coleman and decided to take the 21st overall pick for him. 

• Like 2

Team A: Connor and Ridley, Atl WR

Team B: 1.04 and Miller, Chi WR

1/2 point PPR; draft in August 

12 Team PPR, 2 QB league, .25 Point per completion, .25 points per carry

Team A got Phillip Rivers, Jarvis Landry

Team B got Chris Carson

12 minutes ago, Matt's Eagles said:

Team B got Chris Carson

Team B for me. Rivers, maybe 1 year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, robb said:

Interesting. Is this SF?

I would take one of the top 3 RBs over Ridley and Conner above Miller though not by much

Team needs dependent IMO and also have to consider how the pick turns out

1 hour ago, Matt's Eagles said:

Team B got Chris Carson

Seems fair on both sides,  but honestly with that scoring and starting requirements I don't think I can tell.  I am lower on Carson than most,  so that clouds my judgment.  Most will probably prefer the Carson side. 

I am curious...WR must be very low value with those settings? 

14 team, .5 ppr, traded away my 1.10 rookie pick for Jarvis Landry, and picks 2.07 and 3.07. 

Team A (rebuilding team) got Justin Jefferson

Team B (playoff contender) got Landry, Chase Claypool and Deejay Dallas

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, mzkp54 said:

Gave a ‘21 2nd for Mike Williams. 

12 team SF 0.5 PPR

Fair but I would take the 2nd personally 

Edit: especially SF

Edited by I-ROK
  • Like 2

On 6/11/2020 at 8:12 PM, Matt's Eagles said:

Team B got Chris Carson

Landry

23 hours ago, @CraigFernicola said:

14 team, .5 ppr, traded away my 1.10 rookie pick for Jarvis Landry, and picks 2.07 and 3.07. 

Landry

Landry

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, I-ROK said:

Fair but I would take the 2nd personally 

Edit: especially SF

Same here.

• Like 1

Fun one...

12 tm, Bestball, Supeflex, start 2 TE (2 pt ppr for TE)

Gave: LJax, Jonnu Smith

Got: Mahomes, 2.10

I am not competing this year in all likelihood. I figured Mahomes is the safer long term asset and still have Goedert, Hooper, and Irv at TE. Thoughts? 

9 minutes ago, dipandglide said:

Fun one...

12 tm, Bestball, Supeflex, start 2 TE (2 pt ppr for TE)

Gave: LJax, Jonnu Smith

Got: Mahomes, 2.10

I am not competing this year in all likelihood. I figured Mahomes is the safer long term asset and still have Goedert, Hooper, and Irv at TE. Thoughts? 

I like it for you and I am a big fan of Jonnu

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mzkp54 said:

Gave a ‘21 2nd for Mike Williams. 

12 team SF 0.5 PPR

2nd for me. Not a Williams fan. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

10 Team PPR Dynasty

Team A gets DJ Metcalf, Hockenson

Team B gets Z Ertz, J Edelman

Edited by skycriesmary

33 minutes ago, skycriesmary said:

10 Team PPR Dynasty

Team A gets DJ Metcalf, Hockenson

Team B gets Z Ertz, J Edelman

Metcalf side for me, not really close either

• Like 5

Team A and I wouldn’t think it is close!

On 6/12/2020 at 10:50 AM, @CraigFernicola said:

Landry pretty easily for me. 

On 6/11/2020 at 3:05 PM, robb said:

I love Ridley and I think this is super close, but I think I take 1.04 side. 

12 team ppr

Gave: David Johnson, 2021 second

Received: Hunt