What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bernie Sanders HQ! *A decent human being. (6 Viewers)

I like Bern but actually agree with this. Unfortunately, Bernies time was the last election when a vast number of Americans wanted to turn over the system. Gonna see a record turnout now with the majority wanting things to normalize.
I actually think his time (Not him but his ideas) are a few years from now. It’s inevitable, I believe, that we will adopt most of his proposals. Just not now. Look for President AOC to enact them in 2032. 

There are a lot of folk who voted for Biden last night that seem to have made up their minds very very close to Super Tuesday.  That coincides with the endorsements Biden got.  So basically it is the Lemmings following the leaders.  Lets just hope they aren't following off the cliff yet again.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

I actually think his time (Not him but his ideas) are a few years from now. It’s inevitable, I believe, that we will adopt most of his proposals. Just not now. Look for President AOC to enact them in 2032. 
:lmao: Whimsical Tim is a fun Tim. Good on ya.

I agree with this sentiment in the abstract, of course.

The establishment did this to retain their power. They don’t mind going down with Biden , they still pull the strings. God forbid Bernie defeats Trump, they’re out much like the  gop establishment , out . 
This.  Dem leadership gets fat off the same corporate teat as the GOP.  Only difference is that the GOP guys wear it while the Dems  pretend to still be the party for the working class.  Once they start to move back to the left, those pay offs and power disappear.

Seems like Biden is the correct choice since the Trump supporters are against it. There's no screw job here. Bernie was counting on people who normally don't show up to vote. Once again they didn't show up. Who did show up were the same voters who showed up in 2018. The power is with the VOTERS  not the ones who never show up in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no screw job here.
Correct.  The real screw-job would have been allowing Bernie to cruise to an insurmountable Super-Tuesday win against a divided "moderate" field, and the screwees would have been the majority of Democrats who aren't Bernie fans.

In the end, the fundamental question that had to be answered by the Left was "moderate or transformative".  Super-Tuesday settled that, decisively.  They aren't comfortable with Bernie, and they don't think the system needs to be blown up.  Good thing enough also-rans dropped out so that this determination could be clearly made.  Majority ruled.

Really have to question Bernie's strategic acumen here. It's entirely possible that his new Obama bear-hug ad wouldn't have passed the smell test no matter when he ran it (certainly Bloomberg took a lot of crap for trying to do the same thing). Still, if they were going to use it, why not before SC, at a moment when he was still the frontrunner and was trying to unite the party, particularly African Americans, behind him? Doing it now just comes across as a total desperation move. 

It's Obama. Even MSNBC (I think it was Joy or Rachel) just an hour ago mentioned he gave the signal to everyone a couple days ago to consolidate. It's pretty openly acknowledged.
Something like 30% of these people just made their minds up in the past few days. They don’t pay any attention to this stuff, they just see Biden got hype in SC, instant positive media coverage, Dem forces consolidating and want to jump on the ‘winner’ train.

Sabrina Siddiqui
@SabrinaSiddiqui·32m

JUST IN: Sen. Bernie Sanders will deliver a campaign update from his headquarters in Burlington, Vermont, at 2:00 p.m. EST.

:popcorn:

Odd timing.

Sabrina Siddiqui
@SabrinaSiddiqui·32m

JUST IN: Sen. Bernie Sanders will deliver a campaign update from his headquarters in Burlington, Vermont, at 2:00 p.m. EST.

:popcorn:

Odd timing.
Still asking me for money as of 1:30 with language saying they knew the road would be tough 

Still asking me for money as of 1:30 with language saying they knew the road would be tough 
To be honest - I got Pete fundraising messages, after news broke that he was dropping out.

The behind the scenes machinery is not always aware of the candidates movement.

But, I don't think he is dropping out - just re-grouping a bit after yesterday.  Just odd timing.

Why is this odd timing?
I think its odd for a top Presidential candidate to make any kind of pre-scheduled announcement.  They all have easy access to the press to issue a comment if they just want to get something in the press.  Announcing the announcement says he wants more press/coverage - which strikes me as odd on the day after he lost momentum for the nomination.

Was there ever a doubt the DNC would stab Bernie in the back, again? Biden can’t fill a living room in Clinton Iowa, and Bernie is packing stadiums yet the DNC pulls the rug out on the guy with the actual movement. :no:
Umm I think the actual movement is the guy that brought out the record number of voters last night.
Yeah, it almost as if votes, not crowds, count more. Pretty weird, I know...

In b4 he says he's running in the general election as an independent 
He's not running third party, he's far too concerned about going down as Nader and he genuinely believes in beating Trump, even if it means working with a party that he's not besties with

The Democrats should ask him to do a pledge to support the nominee. Raise of hands in the next debate would work.

(Sarcasm intended).

Bernie Sanders@BernieSanders · 2m

Following our big wins on Super Tuesday, join us live for a reaction to results and an update on how we will win the nomination.

If Shaun King is supporting your candidate, it might be time to reevaluate. (I dont mean you zftcg, I mean you in general, unless Bernie is your guy, then I mean you too)
LOL no offense taken. I gotta say, I don't buy it when people say Bernie is the "Trump of the left", but one thing they do have in common is that they attract some of the worst people as their supporters. If Bernie's the nominee, I will vote for him in a second over Trump, but the part I would really dread would be having to make common cause with the likes of King, David Sirota and Chapo Trap House. A man has his limits.

Christy Smith Democrat 31,422 34.3%

Mike Garcia Republican 24,708 27.0

Steve Knight Republican 16,588 18.1

Cenk Uygur Democrat 5,308 5.8*

*Bernie endorsed candidate in CA 25th District (Replacing Katie Hill)

This is the risk that Dem leadership sees in purple districts across the country.

So weird how all the Trump supporters are now in this thread shouting at the Bernie contingent that the Democrats are screwing them.  God, it's just such a coincidence.
conspiracy theories are at the top of the entertainment list with these guys....not lost on this guy :thumbup:  

Christy Smith Democrat 31,422 34.3%

Mike Garcia Republican 24,708 27.0

Steve Knight Republican 16,588 18.1

Cenk Uygur Democrat 5,308 5.8*

*Bernie endorsed candidate in CA 25th District (Replacing Katie Hill)

This is the risk that Dem leadership sees in purple districts across the country.
Cenk is a unique case though given his history of shooting his mouth off, sexism etc.  Doesn't mean your point is incorrect though

How easy is it to vote in the biggest swing states? Because I think that matters a lot for how the yoot turns out. A young person can always vote quickly and conveniently in states like Oregon and Colorado but having to stand in line for hours in Texas would have a big dampening effect. Which, I'm pretty sure, is why the Tejas legislature has made it harder to vote.

My conservative friends, there are lots of issues that we honestly disagree with you about but the GOP's stance on voter suppression is one of those that you should truly be ashamed of.

Seems like Biden is the correct choice since the Trump supporters are against it. There's no screw job here. Bernie was counting on people who normally don't show up to vote. Once again they didn't show up. Who did show up were the same voters who showed up in 2018. The power is with the VOTERS  not the ones who never show up in the first place.
The sentiment while waiting in line to vote here was pro Biden and worried about Bernie being too far left.  Even though i ended up voting for Bernie over Biden. The more “energy” at that polling place was for Biden.

How easy is it to vote in the biggest swing states? Because I think that matters a lot for how the yoot turns out. A young person can always vote quickly and conveniently in states like Oregon and Colorado but having to stand in line for hours in Texas would have a big dampening effect. Which, I'm pretty sure, is why the Tejas legislature has made it harder to vote.

My conservative friends, there are lots of issues that we honestly disagree with you about but the GOP's stance on voter suppression is one of those that you should truly be ashamed of.
Are you talking about last night??

Sirota on CNN now. Overwhelmingly my reaction to him as is generally the case with Sanders people is I hate that guy. I  agree with Sanders on at least as much as I don't, probably much more. However, their campaign doesn't just turn me off it makes me angry. How does anyone expect him to actually win an election? Calling anyone who doesn't 100% agree with you an enemy part of the establishment is not an effective strategy. 

I liked Bernie in 2016, but like a lot of others, I'm through with populist candidates.  They trigger my now well-developed bull####-like detector, for many reasons I'm sure, but ultimately I reject populism because it seems the model always comes with nefarious intentions or incompetency built-in; or both (obviously).

I just want to thank the posters that have been sharing their thoughts about what moved them away from Bernie. I disagree with you, but I appreciate it.

There's work to be done and I hope we can win you back. There will always be things I disagree with, but on the whole I still believe this movement presents the best way forward for our country.

I liked Bernie in 2016, but like a lot of others, I'm through with populist candidates.  They trigger my now well-developed bull####-like detector, for many reasons I'm sure, but ultimately I reject populism because it seems the model always comes with nefarious intentions or incompetency built-in; or both (obviously).
Let's strictly stick with the candidate/policy, and those around him leading the campaign. What exactly strikes you as nefarious about them?

Why did Sanders vote against the Magnitsky Act?  
I'm not sure, you're the one thinking there's a dark intention here. I was hoping you could expand on your feelings and thought processes toward that. You seem to have an opinion, which I'm sure is based on something in particular.

I'm not sure, you're the one thinking there's a dark intention here. I was hoping you could expand on your feelings and thought processes toward that. You seem to have an opinion, which I'm sure is based on something in particular.
Yes I have an opinion.  I think Bernie has disingenous tendencies and, if elected, he won't get a single piece of legislation passed.  

And to be clear, yes, I believe Bernie has demonstrated Russian sympathies that make me uncomfortable.  The door is always open for persuasion.

ETA: If elected (or nominated), Sanders gives the Republican party an excellent opportunity to reconstitue itself without the GOP even acknowledging its transgressions.  Hard pass.

I just want to thank the posters that have been sharing their thoughts about what moved them away from Bernie. I disagree with you, but I appreciate it.

There's work to be done and I hope we can win you back. There will always be things I disagree with, but on the whole I still believe this movement presents the best way forward for our country.
The thing I like the most about Sanders is that he has shifted the Overton Window so far to the left (even if I don't agree with all his positions).

The thing I like least about Sanders is that I think his baggage and his political stubbornness make him ill-suited to lead a large coalition.

So yes, if someone (could be AOC, could be someone else) can come along and build on what Bernie has done, I would consider that a positive development.

The thing I like the most about Sanders is that he has shifted the Overton Window so far to the left (even if I don't agree with all his positions).

The thing I like least about Sanders is that I think his baggage and his political stubbornness make him ill-suited to lead a large coalition.

So yes, if someone (could be AOC, could be someone else) can come along and build on what Bernie has done, I would consider that a positive development.
Julian Castro seems the obvious choice to build bridges between Bernie and DNC cracks.

ETA: Cause if he don't do it, I know good and well his brotha will.

Julian Castro seems the obvious choice to build bridges between Bernie and DNC cracks.

ETA: Cause if he don't do it, I know good and well his brotha will.
There's a lot to like about the Castro brothers. But man, I once saw Julian in person at a rally and just knew that dude would never be president. He seriously looks like he's 12 years old.

When he was on the debate stage he came across much better, and substantively he ran a decent campaign. But I just can't shake that image.

Users who are viewing this thread