What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Board Upgrade Tips - FAQ in first post (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
why do i have to keep signing in?
Guessing, but I think the time I used mobile, when I got back to desktop I had to sign in again, the only time I've had to.  Are you connecting from somewhere else?  If so maybe it's only allowing one connection and logging the other out?

Hov34 said:
So, when I use the "Sort By" tab and try to list "topics I've Replied in" it only gives me the last 25, with no option to load the next 25 (page).

What am I doing wrong?
Submitted to Invision as a bug.

Only the topics I've replied to since the upgrade come up under "topics I have replied in"

how owe does one search for older threads that responded in?

Guessing, but I think the time I used mobile, when I got back to desktop I had to sign in again, the only time I've had to.  Are you connecting from somewhere else?  If so maybe it's only allowing one connection and logging the other out?
Maybe. It has always made me log in on my phone. This is the first time it's making me sign in on my computer 

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I found that I can remove pictures from FF (on Mac) in a right-click menu. Unfortunately it removes all of the pics, including the icons by peoples names. It does however allow you to look at the site without seeing unwanted images, like at work.

After clicking reloading the page removes the pics. The same works for returning pictures.

Can you go to https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/notifications/options/ and make a pair of screenshots, or however many needed to show the whole page, and upload them somewhere where we can see them like http://postimage.org/ or and PM or post the links? 
I have no idea if I did this correctly, but here goes:

http://postimg.org/image/6syp1it0f/

http://postimg.org/image/f1m7wxwjf/

I'm not sure what that has to do with deleting previous notifications and messages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I'm misunderstanding.  So you're not getting new notifications any more, right?  PMs you can go to your inbox and tag the ones you want to delete and delete them.  I don't know if there is a way to delete old notifications. I don't imagine there is, not sure why they would need to be deleted once they are turned off and not coming in so you never need look at them again.

Any idea how to successfully change your profile picture. I've managed to get past the file upload stage, but once I hit "save" I always get the "oopsy there was an error please contact support" message.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding.  So you're not getting new notifications any more, right?  PMs you can go to your inbox and tag the ones you want to delete and delete them.  I don't know if there is a way to delete old notifications. I don't imagine there is, not sure why they would need to be deleted once they are turned off and not coming in so you never need look at them again.
I can't delete messages, either.  I want to get messages;  but once the mailbox is full, how does that happen?  And if I decide I want to get the pesky notifications, how do I delete them?  Surely that's going to be an issue eventually.

I can't delete messages, either.  I want to get messages;  but once the mailbox is full, how does that happen?  And if I decide I want to get the pesky notifications, how do I delete them?  Surely that's going to be an issue eventually.

Thanks partner. I feel like I need to do a little Bowie recognition though. Frustrating that I can't get the image up that I want.
Is it an unusual format?  Even if not I'd probably open it it Paint, save it again as some other file type like jpg, png or gif, and see if it works in the different format.

Also if it is a huge file, or a tiny image.  Though mine is a pretty small image it blew up to fit.

Is it an unusual format?  Even if not I'd probably open it it Paint, save it again as some other file type like jpg, png or gif, and see if it works in the different format.

Also if it is a huge file, or a tiny image.  Though mine is a pretty small image it blew up to fit.
I tried .jpg, .png. and .gif. No luck. Image size isn't that big and it's less than a 100K file size.

Just an observation but seems there are less posts on each page especially current page then before. Like the format but this....

Had some issues there for a few minutes with the format on my PC, but everything seems to be back to normal now

Apparently developers doing some work on some of the other broken stuff that had been reported.  Avatar uploads, not sure what else.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

I hate trying to read stuff on my phone.
:thumbup: Using my phone - which is a Samsung S6, so it's not like it's some antique or anything - to do anything more than completely necessary web browsing (other than e-mail checking) while I'm away from my home or office is unthinkable to me.  And most of the time, "completely necessary" only means I need some legal research done on the spot.  I check the FFA when I'm at home or the office.  And because of my setup, I often prefer to do so via a (gasp) computer rather than my tab.

Glad everyone asked about that.  And now, back to the board upgrade and associated fun.  :oldunsure:     

Any chance that the friends lists get re-established?

ETA:  Yes, we know it's some other company that controls the boards.  What kind of psycho thinks it's an improvement to rip friends from profiles?  WTF kind of company is that?

Some ####### at that company needs to be curb stomped.

At least it's easy to see all the great new board features that came out as a result of my avatar sacrifice.

:popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread