What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Board Upgrade Tips - FAQ in first post (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it's been mentioned by others, but using Chrome on my Android phone, most times when I click on the bookmark for FBG, it opens up Chrome but simply opens up the last tab I had and does not actually go to FBG.  It's the only bookmark that does that.  I have to actually kill Chrome in order to get it to load.  An annoyance for sure and not sure why it's isolated to FBG.  Anyone else with this issue?
Chrome on Android here and have not had that problem 

So is there a way to see threads only I posted in or not?
Yup. It's only right in the op

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if it's been mentioned by others, but using Chrome on my Android phone, most times when I click on the bookmark for FBG, it opens up Chrome but simply opens up the last tab I had and does not actually go to FBG.  It's the only bookmark that does that.  I have to actually kill Chrome in order to get it to load.  An annoyance for sure and not sure why it's isolated to FBG.  Anyone else with this issue?
First guess would be it's a corrupted bookmark and you should delete it and rebookmark it again.

Hate the new format.  It's discombobulating with no post counts in the thread and only relative times.  i.e. Posted two minutes ago.  Oh Bull####.  Two minutes since I loaded the page.

Hate the new format.  It's discombobulating with no post counts in the thread and only relative times.  i.e. Posted two minutes ago.  Oh Bull####.  Two minutes since I loaded the page.
The relative times drive me nuts.  But I'm also having to re-login all the time (Chrome on Windows), so I end up having to reload pages anyway.  I tend to have a lot of tabs open at once.  Usually have the forum in one tab and open each interesting thread in a separate tab.  Maybe that's confusing the bored software.

Add to that, when I re-login I have "new" notifications that I had already acknowledged in my previous session.  Very annoying.

Is anyone experiencing problems with subsequent posts after quoting someone?

I'll post a reply with a quoted response.

Then try to post something else later and my last response is in my text box along with the quote.

So I have to do that stupid way of deleting it all...especially while on my phone.

What the hell...seriously...just fix this crap already or F'ing roll us back to Ol' Yellar already.

There's no excuse for a site to run this damned haphazardly and duct taped together especially with the premiums that are being charged by this site.

And don't act like the boards aren't a significant part of this site...they drive this entire engine...without them...this product loses a lot of value.

Last edited by a moderator:
tdoss said:
Is anyone experiencing problems with subsequent posts after quoting someone?

I'll post a reply with a quoted response.

Then try to post something else later and my last response is in my text box along with the quote.

So I have to do that stupid way of deleting it all...especially while on my phone.

What the hell...seriously...just fix this crap already or F'ing roll us back to Ol' Yellar already.

There's no excuse for a site to run this damned haphazardly and duct taped together especially with the premiums that are being charged by this site.

And don't act like the boards aren't a significant part of this site...they drive this entire engine...without them...this product loses a lot of value.
Yes all the time. I've mentioned it numerous times in this thread

Getting that on some pages of some threads - including this one 

Also, is there a fix for the having to login a million times - I'd go through the thread if not for the other issue

Getting that on some pages of some threads - including this one 

Also, is there a fix for the having to login a million times - I'd go through the thread if not for the other issue
Yes, it was fixed. Bookmarks to http: addresses were not getting redirected to https: which is where the login is at. People found clicking on the forum link worked because it took them to an https: address.  The automatic redirection that was broken on the http: one was fixed.

Yes, it was fixed. Bookmarks to http: addresses were not getting redirected to https: which is where the login is at. People found clicking on the forum link worked because it took them to an https: address.  The automatic redirection that was broken on the http: one was fixed.
@Greg Russell - can you explain this? I'm still having trouble - makes me log back in numerous times a day - how do I correct this?

@Greg Russell - can you explain this? I'm still having trouble - makes me log back in numerous times a day - how do I correct this?
Hrm, you are the first to indicate it is still a problem, the others who replied said it fixed it.

Can you give full details?

What browser and version, and what OS/version?

What exact URL(s) are you going to where it does not recognize you?

If you click on a link on that page it doesn't recognize you, does it recognize you when it takes you into the thread or forum?

Hrm, you are the first to indicate it is still a problem, the others who replied said it fixed it.

If you click on a link on that page it doesn't recognize you, does it recognize you when it takes you into the thread or forum?
Seems to only be on my iPhone - iOS 9.3.1 using Safari 

seems to be consistent across all threads/URLs but just started like a few days ago.  I may try purging my temp files and try again.

Anyone else get the vibe that FBG was the guinea pig here.....? A trial run for Invision's new board? Knock out all the bugs and kinks? 

Ruffrodys05 said:
Anyone else get the vibe that FBG was the guinea pig here.....? A trial run for Invision's new board? Knock out all the bugs and kinks? 
But they aren't really knocking out any of the bugs and kinks

But they aren't really knocking out any of the bugs and kinks
Of course not. I just tried to edit a post in the Mock drafts forum. Spent a good 10 minutes getting it right.....then, clicking "Save" did absolutely nothing. No updated post. Not gonna even bother anymore. What a joke.

Still waiting to hear from Joe/David on their thoughts on this horrendous "downgrade" but I suspect (probably with 100% accuracy) that we never will.

Happens to me every time I go to the Forums in Chrome on my iPhone. To the point where I decided to just leave Chrome open after a login and open other windows to go to other sites rather than leave the site and later open the page and login again.

It also happens to me much more frequently on my laptop than it did before the upgrade, with no apparent pattern.

Why does it require me to post a message with a quote in order for the quote box to disappear in subsequent posts?  My employer thanks you as I hardly post during work because of this.  Android 6.0.2.

It may have been mentioned but I just wanted thank the board developers for the new change to the time postings.  It is so much more helpful to have "posted xx minutes ago" that doesn't auto refresh than the actual time ...that doesn't need to change.

Also that posts more than a day old (or so) drops all time notations.  Really helps with the tracking of posts. 

With the board upgrade, is there a way to print out an entire (multi-page) topic? I was able to on the last version, but can't seem to figure it out with this one.

Not Found

The requested URL /forum/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Not that anyone gives a siht...but I keep getting 404 error for this damned forum.

And I can't seem to quote anyone in that Survivor thread...no idea why.

I've tried closing my browser, logging out and back in and it just keeps doing the same thing.

Errors seemed to happen a lot during the draft. Seems like the site couldn't handle the load.

Can we request that audio tags be allowed?  I get how images and videos might not be preferred, but I can't imagine how audio could be so nefarious.  And, oh, how it could be so helpful in pronunciation threads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread