What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Adios Most Interesting Man in the World (1 Viewer)

chauncey

Footballguy
It's last call for "The Most Interesting Man in the World."

Dos Equis is retiring "The Most Interesting Man in the World," a famed beer campaign by the company, the Mexican beer company announced on Wednesday

Dos Equis, which is owned by Heineken, isn't halting the campaign as much as ending the tenure of Jonathan Goldsmith, the man who has played the character since 2007.

"Fans can rest assured that Dos Equis will reveal a new Most Interesting Man in the World in 2016, as this is not the end of the campaign, but an evolution," the company said in a statement.

The final ad for Goldsmith has "The Most Interesting Man" taking a one-way trip to Mars.

In the 60 second spot, the suave Dos Equis pitchman is bid a fond farewell from the likes of bikers, monks, beautiful women, and a grizzly bear.

"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like," says the ad's narrator.
Final Ad:

Stay thirsty my friends.

Yeah, it's swill, but this was one of the all-time greats of advertising campaigns. Glad they paid respect and gave it a good sendoff.

There are thousands and thousands of commercials, these are ones that I would actually watch.

Up there with ESPN and NIKE ads (both done by the same agency I think) as all time greats. 

Vaya con dios, Most Interesting Man.

Of course, if the new guy doesn't resonate...

"He returned from a one-way trip. He is still The Most Interesting Man in the World. "

"He returned from a one-way trip. He is still The Most Interesting Man in the World. "
If he does return I bet it is with a couple of hot Martian chicks and at least one infant already sporting a nice beard.

Last edited by a moderator:
the amber isn't terrible when on tap at a mexican restaurant.

sure better than a corona
XX Amber >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the "regular" XX lager

Idiotic and tiresome campaign that stopped being amusing after the 2nd commercial, yet they beat that dead horse for nearly a decade.

Playing "ding dong ditch" on the cruise ship makes me smile every time I see it. Especially the french horn for some reason.
hqdefault.jpg

kevzilla said:

Meh.  Maybe the last couple of years ...and even then it was better than 90% of other commercials.

Playing "ding dong ditch" on the cruise ship makes me smile every time I see it. Especially the french horn for some reason.
This game was known as n-word knocking in the late 1980s in my neck of the woods

So...what the hell?? It's the exact same campaign with a new actor. Only difference is they changed "Stay thirsty my friends" to "Stay thirsty mis amigos". :thumbdown:  

Has to be about money demands, right?
There's a whole 'nother thread that explains. Basically marketing idiots wanted someone younger to appeal to Millenials because the original guy was "too old." ####### Millenials.

There's a whole 'nother thread that explains. Basically marketing idiots wanted someone younger to appeal to Millenials because the original guy was "too old." ####### Millenials.
That's stupid.  I will never drink another Dos Equis again.  Ever.

(Of course, that will have exactly zero effect on their bottom line, as I never drank it before either, so...maybe they're on to something?)

I really hate that they used the same stupid coconut football thing with two different tag lines.

I knew someone would have this thread fired up...just awful what they did. They inserted a Geek with a big schnoz...wtbleep?!

Users who are viewing this thread