What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Dak Prescott, DAL (4 Viewers)

The 2018 49ers with Garoppolo barely beat an awful Lions team and got smacked by the 8-7-1 Vikings and 12-4 Chiefs. They were not on track to be anything remotely like the 2019 version Garoppolo or no Garoppolo. 2017 was impressive; a small sample size partially affected by teams not having tape on him, but nonetheless impressive.

Not sure where you are getting that the 49ers defense was anything like they were this season though: I vividly remember 9ers fans wanting Robert Saleh fired

As for coaching: I don't like resorting to the eye test but it is pretty obvious to me that Kyle Shanahan is a great coach. Bad coaches don't have an elite running game with a discarded UDFA as their best back.

If Garoppolo is good then why did Shanny trust Matt Ryan to sling the ball around all season in 2016 and break records but literally only calls passes when forced to, despite having worse RBs today?

And when he finally trusted Garoppolo in the Super Bowl....Kansas City thanks him for it

You say Garoppolo can make the Super Bowl when everything is perfect while Dak goes 8-8 as if the Cowboys talent and coaching was anything like the Niners. Cowboys were equal at OL, better at WR and RB and worse at literally every other position group: TE, DL, LBs, CBs, Safeties with Jason Garrett instead of the guy who orchestrated one of the best offenses of the 2000s in Atlanta

This arguement can be flipped pretty easily too: Blake Bortles came as close as you possibly can to going to the Super Bowl with a far worse offensive supporting cast than Jimmy G had, worse coaching and maybe a slightly better defense. Is he also better than Dak/Stafford/Rivers/etc? Because they haven't been to a Super Bowl after all

I know what I saw from Jimmy G: when it mattered most, I was praying for him to have the ball against my team; he got it, and did exactly what I expected him to

49ers had the better roster through and through but unlike the other playoff games they needed Jimmy to cover up how terrible he is for just a little longer: he could not

If we still disagree fine but statistically Dak has an advantage in just about everything on Garoppolo and has done quite a bit of winning considering how screwed the Cowboys appeared with Romo's injuries going into 2016 despite never having a roster as stacked as last year's 9ers were
Yes, we can agree to disagree, but to clear up a few points:

Running the ball is the staple of the Shanahan offense.  Even in 2016 when Ryan was the MVP, he was only 17th in pass attempts, while the Falcons had the 12th most rushing attempts that season (despite not having a running QB, which can always inflate rushing attempts).  Just like his dad, who coached my Broncos to two Super Bowl wins, Kyle is all about running the ball, but will ride the hot passing hand when it happens, like with Ryan at times in 2016 or Garappolo in spots last year.

I seriously doubt the game plan in the two NFC playoff games was to have so few pass attempts, but once they got the lead in both, they just hammered away with the running game.  And when you are gashing the defense, like they were against the Packers, it is smart to just keep running it down their throats. 

The miss to E Sanders late in the Super Bowl was bad, which I have said before.  You have to hit that guy for the score, but of course we could flip it and say, "Jimmy G handed the defense a 4th quarter double digit lead and they blew it."  It's not as simple as, "The QB blew it."  The defense blew it.  Or basically, Mahomes took it from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that its really the point, I just enjoy a good rankings debate, but I think if I were tiering the leagues QB's, I'd go:

The Elite/Tier 1: Mahomes, Wilson, Brees, Jackson

Franchise QB's/Tier 2: Watson, Rodgers, Brady, Prescott, Ryan, Roethlisberger

Solid starters/Tier 3: Wentz, Cousins, Rivers, Stafford, Mayfield, Carr, Garoppolo, Tannehill

I think Prescott's camp gets zero leverage from the Mahomes deal, as they aren't the same caliber QB. Hell, the dropoff from Mahomes to Prescott might be just as big as the dropoff from Prescott to Dalton. That said, I do think Prescott has been a better player than Wentz every year except 2017. Wentz case, whether it is fair or not, gets hurt by the fact that Foles won the playoff games, and Foles won the Super Bowl. 
We'll see if Jackson belongs in that top tier this year when he'll be throwing the ball more.  But I don't hate him there.

I disagree on the Dak stuff though.  I think he's a better qb than many give him credit for, and I think the Mahomes deal absolutely will affect his.  It doesn't matter if they're in the same ballpark or not.  Yes it's comparing apples and oranges, but if the price of apples skyrockets, the price of oranges would slightly increase too. 

Without getting too into the Wentz/Dak stuff, Dak owns 2 of the seasons, Carson owns 1, but I wouldn't be so quick to give 2018 to Dak.  Carson's YPG, Completion Percentage, QB Rating, were all better than Dak's that year.  And Foles winning the SB does absolutely nothing for Carson's case... they wouldn't have won it if he wasn't their QB during the season.  But enough on that... I actually dropped Carson down and bumped Dak up from his original tiers.  I think they belong in the same tier.  I simply can't put Mayfield and Carr in that tier with either of them.

We'll see if Jackson belongs in that top tier this year when he'll be throwing the ball more.  But I don't hate him there.

I disagree on the Dak stuff though.  I think he's a better qb than many give him credit for, and I think the Mahomes deal absolutely will affect his.  It doesn't matter if they're in the same ballpark or not.  Yes it's comparing apples and oranges, but if the price of apples skyrockets, the price of oranges would slightly increase too. 

Without getting too into the Wentz/Dak stuff, Dak owns 2 of the seasons, Carson owns 1, but I wouldn't be so quick to give 2018 to Dak.  Carson's YPG, Completion Percentage, QB Rating, were all better than Dak's that year.  And Foles winning the SB does absolutely nothing for Carson's case... they wouldn't have won it if he wasn't their QB during the season.  But enough on that... I actually dropped Carson down and bumped Dak up from his original tiers.  I think they belong in the same tier.  I simply can't put Mayfield and Carr in that tier with either of them.
I'm probably wrong about the Mahomes deal effecting Prescott. I just know if I were Dallas, the Mahomes deal is meaningless to me. If Dak's camp thinks that deal makes him worth $40 million, I'm happy letting him play on the tag, and even possibly going Dalton/rookie afterward. Of course, if they hadn't paid Zeke(and/or Jaylon Smith) they have plenty of money to spend(and could have kept Byron Jones, who they'll miss a ton)

I can see not including Mayfield and Carr, but I think both are greatly underrated. Mayfield has had the worst playcalling in the NFL over his 2 year career, with the leagues worst OT's as well. I think he's going to look great this season, though it may not translate fantasy wise, but NFL wise, I think he's still a top talent. His rookie year showed that. Carr is perpetually underrated. He's only had quality weapons one time and he was an MVP candidate that year. He now has his best weapons since then, and was another guy, who fantasy wise is meh, but NFL wise he gets things done. He's pretty similar to Cousins/Garoppolo for me, he's just had less around him of late.

Honestly, and maybe its a hot take, but I don't think the Eagles win the Super Bowl if Wentz doesn't get hurt. Foles played the game of his life, and obviously that was unsustainable(which is why he's been on 2 teams since, and 5 overall) but he outdueled Brady/Belichick on the biggest stage in a way nobody else ever has. 

I'm probably wrong about the Mahomes deal effecting Prescott. I just know if I were Dallas, the Mahomes deal is meaningless to me. If Dak's camp thinks that deal makes him worth $40 million, I'm happy letting him play on the tag, and even possibly going Dalton/rookie afterward. Of course, if they hadn't paid Zeke(and/or Jaylon Smith) they have plenty of money to spend(and could have kept Byron Jones, who they'll miss a ton)

I can see not including Mayfield and Carr, but I think both are greatly underrated. Mayfield has had the worst playcalling in the NFL over his 2 year career, with the leagues worst OT's as well. I think he's going to look great this season, though it may not translate fantasy wise, but NFL wise, I think he's still a top talent. His rookie year showed that. Carr is perpetually underrated. He's only had quality weapons one time and he was an MVP candidate that year. He now has his best weapons since then, and was another guy, who fantasy wise is meh, but NFL wise he gets things done. He's pretty similar to Cousins/Garoppolo for me, he's just had less around him of late.

Honestly, and maybe its a hot take, but I don't think the Eagles win the Super Bowl if Wentz doesn't get hurt. Foles played the game of his life, and obviously that was unsustainable(which is why he's been on 2 teams since, and 5 overall) but he outdueled Brady/Belichick on the biggest stage in a way nobody else ever has. 
I don't think Mahomes deal is a huge deal for Dak's impending deal, but it can't hurt his case at all.  You might be right that Dallas says no way to Dak's camp and lets him walk, but I think there's a better than not chance that Dak's camp now has a higher expectation, or sticks their feet in the ground a tiny bit more after Mahomes signed.

You have some good points on Carr and Baker.  I don't believe they're up there yet... but this season will truly be telling of both of them.  It's do or die for them right now.

I don't think you're crazy to think that Philly doesn't win with Carson at QB.  Not that he couldn't, or wouldn't, but it takes a lot of stars aligning to win the SB and those things happened for Nick.  Carson is the better QB, but who knows if he would have happened to play one of the games of his life in the SB like Nick did... there's a good chance you're right and they wouldn't have won.  If that's the case, they wouldn't have won with Nick at QB all year, or without Nick in the playoffs.  I don't think that really affects how good Carson is going forward though.  I think most unbiased Eagles/Cowboys fans would at the very least, consider Dak and Wentz likely in the same tier.  Dak's weapons are infinitely better this year though..... he should have a huge year numbers-wise.... which will only help his case for a contract either in Dallas or elsewhere.

Mayfield had OBJ, Landry, Hunt and Chubb and posted a borderline bottom 5 QB season with a glaring failure to beat Duck Hodges and the 2-14 Browns

Kyler with a turnstile OL, 40 year old Fitz+washed DJ and Drake as his weapons and a sh***ty Vance Joseph coached D earned a better record in a tougher division

Daniel Jones nearly broke Baker's rookie TD record with a 5th round rookie as his WR1, Wayne Gallman as his RB, Kaden Smith as his TE and an also pretty crappy OL

Kitchens and Hue were bad no doubt but what exactly does Baker have that those two (especially Murray) don't besides a bigger mouth and more commercials?

Carr has only had weapons once? News to me. I seem to remember Amari Cooper wasting away in 2017 and the first half of 2018 with Carr as his QB until his career suddenly came alive again with Dak. Through it all he has had an elite OL

I agree with you on Wentz/Foles though. Still think Dak/Wentz are the same tier but Foles played the game of his life in the Super Bowl. Would have been very hard to replicate for Wentz or any QB

Dallas Morning News' Calvin Watkins reports the Cowboys and Dak Prescott are "not close" to a long-term contact.

They have until July 15 to agree to terms, otherwise Prescott will play out the 2020 season on the franchise tag. That would mean Prescott is betting on himself once again. Playing seasons on the franchise tag is certainly lucrative -- he'd be eligible for a second franchise tag next season, too -- but there's no long-term guarantees. Both parties likely want structure, but Prescott isn't going to settle for anything less than $35 million annually. The Patrick Mahomes contract certainly elevated Prescott's leverage. 
https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/1282430359393767429

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/2109/dak-prescott

Mayfield had OBJ, Landry, Hunt and Chubb and posted a borderline bottom 5 QB season with a glaring failure to beat Duck Hodges and the 2-14 Browns

Kyler with a turnstile OL, 40 year old Fitz+washed DJ and Drake as his weapons and a sh***ty Vance Joseph coached D earned a better record in a tougher division

Daniel Jones nearly broke Baker's rookie TD record with a 5th round rookie as his WR1, Wayne Gallman as his RB, Kaden Smith as his TE and an also pretty crappy OL

Kitchens and Hue were bad no doubt but what exactly does Baker have that those two (especially Murray) don't besides a bigger mouth and more commercials?

Carr has only had weapons once? News to me. I seem to remember Amari Cooper wasting away in 2017 and the first half of 2018 with Carr as his QB until his career suddenly came alive again with Dak. Through it all he has had an elite OL

I agree with you on Wentz/Foles though. Still think Dak/Wentz are the same tier but Foles played the game of his life in the Super Bowl. Would have been very hard to replicate for Wentz or any QB
Murray had superior playcalling and arguably a better o-line. He may very well be a QB who should be on the tier list, but I want to see a bit more before I put him there. I am confident he'll be there a year from now for me.

The bolded is a pretty big exaggeration. Barkley missed only 3 games last year. Engram played in half of Jones games. Slayton made some big plays, but was the #3 WR behind Tate and Shepard, and actually had his best game with Eli at QB. I'm also concerned that the Giants playcalling is about to get a lot worse.

Mayfield had a higher YPA, better TD-INT ratio and a superior passer rating to both Murray and Jones during his rookie season. That despite lesser coaching, and an arguably worse o-line. He wouldn't be the first very good player to have a sophomore slump. I wouldn't hold losing to the 2-14 Bengals or Duck Hodges against Mayfield. They had clearly quit on Kitchens by the time the Bengals game had happened, and the Steelers had the best defense in the NFL. Mayfield also beat the Ravens in Baltimore, something no other team did in the regular season last year.

Cooper was banged up in 2017 and the OC switch from a proven playcaller in Bill Musgrave, to an unproven one in Todd Downing killed that entire offense. Also, Crabtree fell off a cliff in his age 30 season. I don't know why Cooper wasn't more effective in 2018 before being traded. Maybe he just didn't fit the new Gruden offense, but once he was gone, it was a washed up Jordy Nelson left as the #1. Carr still had a very effective season despite that.

Tying all this back to Prescott, Prescott had The Clapper(now with Jones in NY) and not surprisingly took a major step forward with Kellen Moore calling plays. 

NFL Network's Jane Slater reports franchise-tagged QB Dak Prescott is turning down over $100 million in guaranteed money.

This may seem like Prescott is wrong, but it's arguably a low-ball offer from the Cowboys. Jared Goff and Carson Wentz were signed to similar terms last season as to what's being offered here, but Prescott is coming off a huge season and the quarterback market has since changed with Patrick Mahomes signing a half billion dollar contract earlier this month. Prescott instead will bet on himself and play on the franchise tag in 2020, which will force everyone into negotiations again in 2021. With Prescott's dual-threat ability and the stud skill-position talent surrounding him, it's easy to see how Prescott can earn even more money with his play this upcoming season. He's locked into the top-five in quarterback fantasy rankings and easily belongs inside the top 10 in real-life rankings as well. Jerry Jones is hurting himself by waiting to extend his franchise quarterback.

SOURCE: Jane Slater on Twitter

Jul 14, 2020, 9:38 PM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Cowboys and franchise-tagged QB Dak Prescott are not expected to agree on a long-term deal prior to Wednesday's 4pm ET deadline.

This is always the way it was headed once Prescott's side turned down Dallas' latest offer, which included $33-$35 million annually with $100 million guaranteed. He'll instead become just the third quarterback to play out the year on the franchise tag (worth $31.4 million), joining Kirk Cousins and Drew Brees in that department. The franchise also runs the risk of losing the 26-year-old in free agency for nothing more than a mid-round compensatory pick after he played for a little over $4 million combined across his first four years as the team's 2016 fourth-round selection. As ESPN's Bill Barnwell noted, "The idea that the Cowboys can just replace him with a cheaper option and get similar production is not supported by evidence or history." A second tag next year would be worth $37.69 million if the two sides fail to reach an agreement again in 2021.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Jul 15, 2020, 8:57 AM ET

I’m told #Cowboys QB Dak Prescott was involved at the last minute in an effort to get a long term deal done but it was up against the 3pm CST deadline per source informed. The deal was between 33-35M annually with a 110 guaranteed. #Cowboys #Dak

The deal included a 50M signing bonus and 70M over the first two years. I’m told Dak Prescott wanted to get this deal done but it was just too late per source informed. #Cowboys
https://twitter.com/SlaterNFL/status/1283501332465319938

There is a reason I was never a @dallascowboys fan growing up or before they drafted @dak after today, who knows how much longer I’ll be cheering for them.

https://twitter.com/86Prescott/status/1283494213561323522

Dak Prescott was involved in last-minute discussions with the Cowboys just ahead of Wednesday's franchise tag deadline, according to NFL Media's Jane Slater.

The updated terms included $33 to $35 million per season with $110 million in guarantees, per Slater. It is clear Dak wants a long-term contract, but the two sides just can't seem to find a compromise based on money and years. This led Prescott's brother to post a statement on social media which included the line "after today, who knows how much longer I’ll be cheering for (the Cowboys)." Prescott will earn $31.4 million this year, and the two sides must now wait until after the season to agree to a long-term deal.

SOURCE: Jane Slater on Twitter

Jul 15, 2020, 7:12 PM ET

Dak obviously didn't want to get a deal done or it would have been done weeks or months ago.
I don't agree with that.

Jared Goff/Carson Wentz/Russell Wilson all got $107mil guaranteed in 2019. Up until a few hours ago DAL was leaking that they had offered $100mil guaranteed. Seems to me DAL was trying to get Dak to sign for 2019(2018?) prices until this very late last minute offer of $110mil guaranteed. I'm kind of assume that's where Dak probably thought negotiations would start in 2020. 

Dak didn't seem to want a long-term deal like Mahomes anyway, but the Mohomes deal certainly didn't hurt Dak. I HATE it when players refuse to play for a contract they negotiated and agreed to so good for Dak betting on himself to earn an even bigger deal. It absolutely could end up costing him money, but it could make him a lot more money in the long run as well. This kind of reminds me of the Kirk Cousins saga where WAS was always trying to sign Cousins for what the market value was the previous season. Cousins came out pretty well in the end by betting on himself.

I don't agree with that.

Jared Goff/Carson Wentz/Russell Wilson all got $107mil guaranteed in 2019. Up until a few hours ago DAL was leaking that they had offered $100mil guaranteed. Seems to me DAL was trying to get Dak to sign for 2019(2018?) prices until this very late last minute offer of $110mil guaranteed. I'm kind of assume that's where Dak probably thought negotiations would start in 2020. 

Dak didn't seem to want a long-term deal like Mahomes anyway, but the Mohomes deal certainly didn't hurt Dak. I HATE it when players refuse to play for a contract they negotiated and agreed to so good for Dak betting on himself to earn an even bigger deal. It absolutely could end up costing him money, but it could make him a lot more money in the long run as well. This kind of reminds me of the Kirk Cousins saga where WAS was always trying to sign Cousins for what the market value was the previous season. Cousins came out pretty well in the end by betting on himself.
This is close to the range that's been reported this entire time.  I bet Dak inserted himself because his agent was about to blow it (and did).

This is close to the range that's been reported this entire time.  I bet Dak inserted himself because his agent was about to blow it (and did).
So Jared Goff got $107mil guaranteed in 2019 and DAL thought Dak was going to accept less than that in 2020 with a larger salary cap this entire time? If that's what DAL thought then the negotiations were pretty much doomed from the beginning imo.

So Jared Goff got $107mil guaranteed in 2019 and DAL thought Dak was going to accept less than that in 2020 with a larger salary cap this entire time? If that's what DAL thought then the negotiations were pretty much doomed from the beginning imo.
So you think going from $30 million/year with $100 million guaranteed to $33 million/year with $110 million guaranteed was some huge leap that they couldn't have worked out before now?

So you think going from $30 million/year with $100 million guaranteed to $33 million/year with $110 million guaranteed was some huge leap that they couldn't have worked out before now?
You tell me. You just said, "This is close to the range that's been reported this entire time."

I'm simply saying that starting negotiations for a 2020 contract below the 2019 market rate for quarterbacks was a foolish plan. Maybe I'm wrong and these contract negotiations were a great success. It just doesn't seem like it to me.

BoltBacker said:
You tell me. You just said, "This is close to the range that's been reported this entire time."

I'm simply saying that starting negotiations for a 2020 contract below the 2019 market rate for quarterbacks was a foolish plan. Maybe I'm wrong and these contract negotiations were a great success. It just doesn't seem like it to me.
Yes, that's what I'm saying.  They've been reporting the offer was ~$30 million/year for months, right?  It seems to me like they could have come to an agreement before now if Dak wanted to.

Yes, that's what I'm saying.  They've been reporting the offer was ~$30 million/year for months, right?  It seems to me like they could have come to an agreement before now if Dak wanted to.
... or if DAL would have simply started negotiations at or above what Goff had gotten a year ago. 

To be clear I think $110mil is where Dak wanted to START negotiations. Not where he wanted to land. Just 24 hours ago DAL was leaking that they had offered $100mil guaranteed which was below the 2019 market.

If you don't think Dak is worth that much, I have no problem with that. Not sure he is either. But that is just where the market is going to start for a 26yo top 10 QB whether you and I think it SHOULD start there or not.

Bold prediction: Minnesota gives Dak a $125 million, three-year deal next year (all guaranteed); and the Cowboys sign Kirk Cousins on the cheap.

You won't believe what happens next.

Bold prediction: Minnesota gives Dak a $125 million, three-year deal next year (all guaranteed); and the Cowboys sign Kirk Cousins on the cheap.

You won't believe what happens next.
At least according to OverTheCap that would leave MIN with $41mil in dead cap space. Cousins just re-did his deal.

... or if DAL would have simply started negotiations at or above what Goff had gotten a year ago. 

To be clear I think $110mil is where Dak wanted to START negotiations. Not where he wanted to land. Just 24 hours ago DAL was leaking that they had offered $100mil guaranteed which was below the 2019 market.

If you don't think Dak is worth that much, I have no problem with that. Not sure he is either. But that is just where the market is going to start for a 26yo top 10 QB whether you and I think it SHOULD start there or not.
I recall seeing that Dallas wanted a 5 year deal but Dak only wanted 4 years.

I think Goff’s deal was a 4 year deal with the 110 guaranteed.

I’m not sure if the reports about Dallas’ offer with the 110 guaranteed was 4 or 5 years 

I recall seeing that Dallas wanted a 5 year deal but Dak only wanted 4 years.

I think Goff’s deal was a 4 year deal with the 110 guaranteed.

I’m not sure if the reports about Dallas’ offer with the 110 guaranteed was 4 or 5 years 
I am pretty sure all three Goff/Wentz/Wilson got $107mil and I thought they were all 4 years. That's one reason I thought the $100mil guaranteed for 5 years(reported for the past several months so I don't know what the final most recent offer was either) was not really all that close to what others had gotten in 2019. 

Has anyone entertained the idea that maybe the HC doesn’t want Dak?

Unless Dak is trying to leverage himself into a Cousins type of contract that’s the only other thing I can think of as to why this didn’t get done. 

chargers are the favorites at -700 to land dak according to betonline

then:
bears
colts
vikings

then:
cowboys +900
jaguars

Dak Prescott is “optimistic” he’ll reach a long-term deal with the Cowboys after the season.

The Cowboys were never close in offseason talks — Prescott wanted less years and more money than Dallas was willing to offer. It’s still surprising Prescott’s agent didn't lock down a deal coming off a career year. Even with an improved support cast,  it's going to be hard for Prescott to improve on his 2019. We’d expect Prescott’s extension to get done after this year — a step back or injury would potentially complicate things. The Cowboys can franchise Prescott a second time for roughly $38 million.

SOURCE: ESPN

Aug 14, 2020, 6:59 PM ET

Has anyone entertained the idea that maybe the HC doesn’t want Dak?

Unless Dak is trying to leverage himself into a Cousins type of contract that’s the only other thing I can think of as to why this didn’t get done. 
I don’t think Jerry Jones would hire a new coach and let that guy determine what he does with their star QB. Not for a second. 

Dak Prescott completed 34-of-47 passes for 450 yards and one touchdown in the Cowboys' 40-39, Week 2 win over the Falcons, adding 18 rushing yards and three touchdowns as a runner.

Dallas trailed 20-0 after one quarter, thanks to multiple lost fumbles by the Cowboys in the opening frame, and they were also down 39-24 with less than five minutes to play. Prescott threw a 10-yard touchdown to Dalton Schultz with 4:57 left to bring it to 39-30. Dak then punched in a one-yard touchdown run, his third short rushing score of the day, to make it 39-37 with 1:49 on the clock. Dallas then recovered the onside kick, leading to a game-winning Greg Zuerlein field goal. Prescott flopped badly in Week 1 against the Rams, but he's the QB1 of the day in fantasy after the 1 PM slate. The Cowboys go to Seattle in a tougher matchup for Week 3.

- Rotoworld

Dak Prescott completed 37-of-57 passes for 472 yards, three touchdowns, and two interceptions in the Cowboys' Week 3 loss to the Seahawks.

The Cowboys came to Seattle ready to pass the ball. Prescott's 57 pass attempts were a career high, as were his 472 passing yards. Dallas has so many weapons on offense, and Prescott continues to play at high levels. It would be a surprise if Prescott isn't in the top-five quarterback mix at the end of the year for fantasy. The offensive line is expected to get LT Tyron Smith back in the lineup next week, securing Prescott as an elite option at home against the Browns.

Sep 27, 2020, 8:00 PM ET

Dak is proving the doubters wrong as he continues to display his maturity and leadership, even in a losing game. He has one of the most injured Olines in the league, Zeke was dropping balls, and basically had a nobody at TE and yet still puts up 500 yards and fights to the end. The defense is a sieve, Pollard giving away 2 points, Greg Z missing 2 extra points, stupid penalties and Dak was still commanding this team like a warrior. He leads the league after 3 weeks.
Dallas has got to be reveling in the fact he was drafted in the late fourth round and has proven to be a true franchise leader, when you have teams who traded the farm in the drafts and paid 100 millions to QBs who are about to be ran out of town by their fan base. You don’t think teams like Philly and Chicago wouldn’t kill to have Dak and Zeke as their draft picks in 2016? The Jones Clan definitely got that draft right. 

Dak is proving the doubters wrong as he continues to display his maturity and leadership, even in a losing game. He has one of the most injured Olines in the league, Zeke was dropping balls, and basically had a nobody at TE and yet still puts up 500 yards and fights to the end. The defense is a sieve, Pollard giving away 2 points, Greg Z missing 2 extra points, stupid penalties and Dak was still commanding this team like a warrior. He leads the league after 3 weeks.
Dallas has got to be reveling in the fact he was drafted in the late fourth round and has proven to be a true franchise leader, when you have teams who traded the farm in the drafts and paid 100 millions to QBs who are about to be ran out of town by their fan base. You don’t think teams like Philly and Chicago wouldn’t kill to have Dak and Zeke as their draft picks in 2016? The Jones Clan definitely got that draft right. 
Disagree. He’s tough and competitive, and I appreciate his fight. He’s not a 36-40 million per year player, which is what it will take to sign him long term. Team is still 1-2 and looks like 8-8 again. The contemporary NFL is overly fantasy oriented, which is why Dak is viewed too highly. I remain unconvinced he’s an elite NFL player. He’s good, but not great- still misses too many throws and has yet to prove he can win a money game against a quality team in November and December. 

The Cowboys are the ultimate paper champions, devoid of any real chance of winning a title. Not really Dak’s fault, but I’d still let him walk for what he’s looking for.

Disagree. He’s tough and competitive, and I appreciate his fight. He’s not a 36-40 million per year player, which is what it will take to sign him long term. Team is still 1-2 and looks like 8-8 again. The contemporary NFL is overly fantasy oriented, which is why Dak is viewed too highly. I remain unconvinced he’s an elite NFL player. He’s good, but not great- still misses too many throws and has yet to prove he can win a money game against a quality team in November and December. 

The Cowboys are the ultimate paper champions, devoid of any real chance of winning a title. Not really Dak’s fault, but I’d still let him walk for what he’s looking for.
But you loved Tony Romo?

But you loved Tony Romo?
Same guy. Stat compilers. Good against poor and mediocre competition in early and mid season games. Always fade late against good teams.

Both Romo and Dak have great stats and are fantasy football all stars, but somewhat overrated as actual NFL players.

Again, it’s not completely their fault, but stand by the overrated tag for both.

Much like Wilson, this guy is gonna go later than he should and make some team look very smart for drafting him. May take a little more time than Wilson who was more pro ready, but this guy will be a player. A team like Dallas or the Saints who could afford to sit him for a few years would be a good fit.
Just went back to page 1 of this thread. Someone get @petekrum a studio job!

Same guy. Stat compilers. Good against poor and mediocre competition in early and mid season games. Always fade late against good teams.

Both Romo and Dak have great stats and are fantasy football all stars, but somewhat overrated as actual NFL players.

Again, it’s not completely their fault, but stand by the overrated tag for both.
Since I am not a Cowboy fan I really don`t care if they win or lose.  I wil take a 42-37 with 3-400 yard passing and 3-4 TDs loss everyday over a 17-13 win with low numbers.  I had Romo is his heyday as well.   Would love it when I saw Dallas was losing 21-7 in the first half knowing Romo would have to throw it 40-50 times.

Matt Stafford was the same in his best years.  Lions were always losing so he compiled lots of stats.  These types of qBs are great for your FF team.  As far as getting your real NFL to the SuperBowl not so sure.

Since I am not a Cowboy fan I really don`t care if they win or lose.  I wil take a 42-37 with 3-400 yard passing and 3-4 TDs loss everyday over a 17-13 win with low numbers.  I had Romo is his heyday as well.   Would love it when I saw Dallas was losing 21-7 in the first half knowing Romo would have to throw it 40-50 times.

Matt Stafford was the same in his best years.  Lions were always losing so he compiled lots of stats.  These types of qBs are great for your FF team.  As far as getting your real NFL to the SuperBowl not so sure.
Agreed.  Dak is a great FF QB, and a very good NFL one, IMO.  It doesn't help that Dallas' D is trash and they are playing from behind a lot, but he has an embarrassment of riches at the skill positions. 

Users who are viewing this thread