What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Document Scanner (1 Viewer)

Balco

Footballguy
I am looking to purchase a document scanner but I am clueless as to good reliable brands.  Any recommendations? Looking for easy to use, compatible with apple and Microsoft. Would prefer not to spend more than 250.00

Help us narrow it down.  They are all easy to use,

Do you need Duplex scanning?

How important is speed?  IE, will you be scanning 1000 docs a day?

How important is picture quality?  Will you be scanning photos?

Will you be scanning documents larger than 8.5 x 14?

Do you want a wireless connection?

Do you want an all-in-one printer to scan copy print fax?  Or just a scanner?

Yeah, no reason to get just a scanner at this point.  We got some kind of epson 3640 for $120 that we like.  It's not going to give you brochure quality printing but its ok.  

Not scanning photos. Would scan letter and legal sized paper, possibly receipts. Quality scans are important. Would like to be able to scan double sided documents. Not for business, but for personal use. I want a scanner you feed documents into. Wireless not important. I have a 3 in 1 and hate the scan component.

I bought an epson wf2450(?) and it works well enough.  Flatbed scanner and document feeder.  It was ~$100.  We have scanned photos and converted to jpeg and the quality has been pretty good.

When I talked to the guy at best buy a few years ago when I bougjt it, he stated that there isn't too much difference in quality between brands at that price range, depends on the features you want. I would suggest checking ink prices for whatever prospective model you may buy ahead of time.  The printer we had before used a less common set of cartridges and it was spendy.  

Users who are viewing this thread