What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone buy a pressure washer lately? (1 Viewer)

SayChowda

Footballguy
Looking to purchase a pressure washer. Mainly for use on my composite deck and front walkway (pavers) and steps (granite I think).

Looking for either battery operated or electric/corded. Not gas.

I have $150 gift card to Home Depot, so would like to buy it from there, and I don't mind putting down additional cash.

Any recommendations? Thanks.

Looking to purchase a pressure washer. Mainly for use on my composite deck and front walkway (pavers) and steps (granite I think).

I have $150 gift card to Home Depot, so would like to buy it from there, and I don't mind putting down additional cash.

i bought a ryobi gas. 2700 psi. imo no reason to get electric. the psi and gpm of an electric makes me sad. just my .02. gas gives you so much more power. i bought mine from lowe’s, they had a whole bunch on the floor refurbished, which was a great way to save a couple of bucks. i’d run to HD, see if they have some on the floor and grab a gas machine.

Reactions: KGB
I’ve had both had and electric. It’s have their uses. Pressure washing side of my last house which was brick - gas. Pressure washing my concrete walkway - gas. Pressure washing composite decking and railing - electric. Washing cars - electric. I find myself using the electric one much more often as it’s far easier to move and setup/takedown. So my electric lives in garage and gas one lives in shed.

I have a decent sun Joe from Amazon electric one.

i bought a ryobi gas. 2700 psi. imo no reason to get electric. the psi and gpm of an electric makes me sad. just my .02. gas gives you so much more power. i bought mine from lowe’s, they had a whole bunch on the floor refurbished, which was a great way to save a couple of bucks. i’d run to HD, see if they have some on the floor and grab a gas machine.
have this same model as well. works great. no problems for me the last 3 seasons.

You do not want high pressure for composite deck or pavers. They recommend not power washing pavers because of all the grout . . .

Thanks, I'll check it out. Everything I have is battery operated or corded, so just not sure I'll go this route. I do have multiple Ryobi items though...

This is what I've been using lately. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Greenworks...kL4iK5mPgkulTTXh44BoCb_UQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

You are better off without the extra power for decks and it works great on sidewalks and concrete drives. Gas has it's uses, but dealing with 2 cycle fuel and keeping it empty or remembering to add Stabil over the winter is a PIA. The electric is light enough to hang on a garage wall it floor space is a concern.

This is what I've been using lately. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Greenworks...kL4iK5mPgkulTTXh44BoCb_UQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

You are better off without the extra power for decks and it works great on sidewalks and concrete drives. Gas has it's uses, but dealing with 2 cycle fuel and keeping it empty or remembering to add Stabil over the winter is a PIA. The electric is light enough to hang on a garage wall it floor space is a concern.
They make 2 cycle power washers? Mine has always been 4 stroke

I bought a Ryobi RY142300 2300 PSI Brushless Electric Pressure Washer based on a Wirecutter recommendation and I'm a fan.
I just cleaned my Trex deck with it on Sunday.
I have a hard time buying anything Ryobi...... I got burnt on 2 of their products (ironically gas powered) and have a tough time buying them again
I've had a bunch of 40V Ryobi lawn stuff over the years (weed wacker, hedge clippers, leaf blower) and now the corded pressure washer, never any problems for me though. Maybe they're just better with batteries / electric than gas engines?

I bought a Ryobi RY142300 2300 PSI Brushless Electric Pressure Washer based on a Wirecutter recommendation and I'm a fan.
I have a hard time buying anything Ryobi...... I got burnt on 2 of their products (ironically gas powered) and have a tough time buying them again
I've had a bunch of 40V Ryobi lawn stuff over the years (weed wacker, hedge clippers, leaf blower) and now the corded pressure washer, never any problems for me though. Maybe they're just better with batteries / electric than gas engines?
I'm sure they are fine - its just the "i'll never buy X again or shop at X again" because of personal problems.

it was 2 weed wackers :lol:

I'm sure they are fine - its just the "i'll never buy X again or shop at X again" because of personal problems.

what did i do?

what did i do?
Stopped working after 6 months......fn slacker

if only EGO would come out with one.....I know im going to go buy a washer now and 2 weeks later they will release one grrrrrrrrr

I have had a gas one for years - still have it. Last year, I got a very small Ryobi to use to wash my parent's boat while it's on the lift. I liked it so much I got one for my house too, and honestly, with the exception of really big jobs, that's all I use now. It's about the size of a toaster oven, and has more than enough pressure for basic cleaning of most things. I even got a foam cannon for it - it's not as foamy as my gas one, but it's close enough. The best part is that unlike the gas one, it turns off when I'm not using it, so it's just generally not as loud.

Last edited:
I bought one, it's gas powered, Honda engine and it gets used every other year or so. I have a 3 car garage with a wide, long driveway and I'm not whining about it but the last time I did the sidewalk, driveway, screened in porch (cement floor) and the wooden deck, it took me a few days, I was wiped out and it's probably b/c I'm 6'3" but holy crap does my back kill me from being hunched over when I used this for more than an hour at a time. So, I enlisted my 18 year old to do the deck a couple of years ago (when he was 16) and he was wiped out after the deck and complaining about back pain and he's just a bit over 6 feet tall. It's a lot of work (imho) to do a driveway so the next time I do a large, flat area (walkway, driveway, sidewalk, screened in cement patio) I'm renting this attachment. And, you could purchase a pressure washer, but I'll be completely honest here, I don't know that I would buy mine again. I would probably just rent one because it's one more thing that I have to maintain, I don't use it but once every 2-3 years and it takes up a lot of space in my cramped garage. Knowing me, I would just fill that space with more crap I don't need but I do get tired of seeing this thing in the corner of my garage collecting cob webs and leaves and wondering if I remembered to empty the gas out of it or if I left the gas in it.

Are Battery operated pressure washers even an option for people in the mid-west.

Electric for 90% of projects.

Gas if you need the ability to strip the paint off of your car or slice your foot in half.
Man, i disagree.

I have both and even bought the $350 dewalt electric one from home depot. the electric to me just seem like a barely above powered hose.

you are right the gas can mess you up, but I want power lol

The one I bought is longer for sale. but I would buy the cheapest ryobi gas powered from home depot. around maybe $350. honda engine

Gas if you need the ability to strip the paint off of your car or slice your foot in half.
Man, i disagree.

I have both and even bought the $350 dewalt electric one from home depot. the electric to me just seem like a barely above powered hose.

I think most people underestimate the amount of damage you’re causing at high pressure settings.

I use mine to wash the cars and clean off the concrete patio once a year. What are you using yours for?

This is the one I have been looking at. How long have you had it / or, how much have you used it?
I’ve had it for a couple years. Haven’t power washed the entire house or anything but has been great for the Trex deck, mower decks, etc.
Perfect, thanks.

Man, i disagree.

I think most people underestimate the amount of damage you’re causing at high pressure settings.

I use mine to wash the cars and clean off the concrete patio once a year. What are you using yours for?
I got the gas one for work. But the $350 dewalt electric doesnt even seem to do a good job on cars and patios. to me it just seems like a high power hose. not gangbusters like gas. but yes, there is an art to using the gas so you dont go too crazy

This is the one I have been looking at. How long have you had it / or, how much have you used it?
I’ve had it for a couple years. Haven’t power washed the entire house or anything but has been great for the Trex deck, mower decks, etc.
Ended up buying this exact one. Used it on my deck this past weekend; worked amazingly. I didn't even fill it with soap... it did a great job without it.

Nothing is ever easy for me.

Broke out the pressure washer for the 2nd time this weekend. Wanted to do the front steps.

Hooked it up to the water source and power source on the front of my house. Turned on the pressure washer... no pressure. Water came through slowly. Checked that I have good water pressure coming out of the house - I did. Neighbor came over and checked my outlets; working just fine.

Went to Home Depot. Exchanged it for a new one. Put it together. Hooked up the water and power. Tripped the GFCI and the circuit on my breaker in the basement. Reset it. Happened again.

Took the pressure washer out back to the water and power I used in May. No pressure when on.

Thinking my house or more so the outlets can't handle the pressure washer. Guessing though; not my realm.

Also wondering if I broke the pressure washer twice? Or I just don't have enough power to fully operate it.

Users who are viewing this thread