Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
renesauz

2016 IBL

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, bro1ncos said:

 

On July 20, 2016 at 6:53 PM, BassNBrew said:

Any suggestions where to take our conversations private as the competition frequents this board.

Any update on this with drafts starting tomorrow? 

 

Does the private conversation function still max out at 10 people?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ended up pulling the trigger on a trade that was 3% in my favor, which leads me to:

 

PICKS: 2.03B, 3.10B, 4.03B, 4.12H, 5.01H, 5.10B, 6.03B, 7.01H, 7.10B, 8.03B, 9.10B, 10.03B, 13.10B, 14.03B, 15.10B, 16.03B, 17.10B, 18.03B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may be in the middle of moving and not sure how internet situation and such will be when the (H) draft begins, so I may need a little help in drafting those picks.

Losing a late 1st rounder, but gaining a 4th, 5th, and 7th.  So that should give me some solid depth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sinrman said:

I may be in the middle of moving and not sure how internet situation and such will be when the (H) draft begins, so I may need a little help in drafting those picks.

Losing a late 1st rounder, but gaining a 4th, 5th, and 7th.  So that should give me some solid depth.

From a team perspective, I love those kinds of moves. I think they make it less likely to finish top 3-5 in the IBL, but also make it far less likely that you end up in the bottom 20.

Terrific depth makes it easy to finish in the top 25%. We aren't playing for money or an individual title, but a team title. If ten of us finish in the top 1/3, we win, even if none of us are in the top 5. Put another way: going 45-3 isn't THAT much more helpful to the team then going 36- 12, but shooting for 45-3 makes it much easier to end up 12-36...which is very hurtful to the team's chances. If you're going for 36-12, chances are pretty good that you'll be able to win at least 28 or so, and if we all go 28-20 or better, we win.

With that in mind, I love moving down a few picks in early-middle rounds (5-8 or 9) to move an 17th or 18th up into the 11th or 12th. I don't mind trading out of the first to move 8th and 9th rounders to 4th and 5th rounders.

Edited by renesauz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, renesauz said:

From a team perspective, I love those kinds of moves. I think they make it less likely to finish top 3-5 in the IBL, but also make it far less likely that you end up in the bottom 20.

Terrific depth makes it easy to finish in the top 25%. We aren't playing for money or an individual title, but a team title. If ten of us finish in the top 1/3, we win, even if none of us are in the top 5. Put another way: going 45-3 isn't THAT much more helpful to the team then going 36- 12, but shooting for 45-3 makes it much easier to end up 12-36...which is very hurtful to the team's chances. If you're going for 36-12, chances are pretty good that you'll be able to win at least 28 or so, and if we all go 28-20 or better, we win.

With that in mind, I love moving down a few picks in early-middle rounds (5-8 or 9) to move an 17th or 18th up into the 11th or 12th. I don't mind trading out of the first to move 8th and 9th rounders to 4th and 5th rounders.

Opps :bag:  Just did this trade.  Went big to secure Julio / Brown duo.  Counting on ref to find a gem at 11.2.  I think we can get away with it if we wait at QB.  We're giving up Newton/Rodgers for Taylor/Flacco while upgrading Cobb/Marshall/DT type to Julio.

 

Stinking Ref/BnB send 2.12e, 3.1e, 13.1e to Gingrules
for 1.2A, 11.2A, and 14.11A

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was eyeing Brandon Marshall at the 2.03B pick.  But an offer came my way to move back one spot in B, but move up 6 spots from 6.03 to 5.09.  So I did it.  The guy took Jordy Nelson, and I still got Marshall.  :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Sinrman said:

Was eyeing Brandon Marshall at the 2.03B pick.  But an offer came my way to move back one spot in B, but move up 6 spots from 6.03 to 5.09.  So I did it.  The guy took Jordy Nelson, and I still got Marshall.  :thumbup:

Marshall is projecting out at 3.4.  Glad you were able to get 6 spots out of the deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Marshall is projecting out at 3.4.  Glad you were able to get 6 spots out of the deal.

With Fitzpatrick back and not picking again until 3.10, I'm comfortable with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bro1ncos said:

LeVeon plummeting in A

Our season is only 11 weeks long. Pretty big risk taking someone in the first that's going to miss 40% of the season

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heading to bed in a few.

If someone from another board wants to trade up for my second rounder in A, I'll take almost any deal 3% or better per DOdds in my favor...feel free to make it happen.

Otherwise, if I'm up before noon, Bass can make a choice for me, or I'll be on around 445 PM EST

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

Our season is only 11 weeks long. Pretty big risk taking someone in the first that's going to miss 40% of the season

Agreed. Just seeing where he went in B and C I thought my thinking was wrong. 

The cost and having to go DeAngelo around the 6th turned me off of him for Lamar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bro1ncos said:

Agreed. Just seeing where he went in B and C I thought my thinking was wrong. 

The cost and having to go DeAngelo around the 6th turned me off of him for Lamar. 

I think Lamar was a great pick.  Hope FBG ends up with several copies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going wr here at 2.11 and 3.2 by time it gets  back to me at 4.11 will be gone 

not sold on any rbs here petersonnor Charles because of age injuries etc

 

probably going golden Tate - maclin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4.1G, 6.1G, 9.12G for 2.8, 9.5, and 11.5 in A

+4% to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, renesauz said:

4.1G, 6.1G, 9.12G for 2.8, 9.5, and 11.5 in A

+4% to me

Nice job Rene.  I think that 4/5 turn will be a sweet spot

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On July 30, 2016 at 10:28 AM, BassNBrew said:

 

I don't like the 4/5 turn and it's been traditionally a dead spot in these leagues and hard to move those picks.

Bass no likey 4/5 turn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Nice job Rene.  I think that 4/5 turn will be a sweet spot

Bass likey the 4/5 turn....

see what I'm dealing with here boys

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

Bass likey the 4/5 turn....

see what I'm dealing with here boys

 

 

Hmmmmmm

 

Except....4.1 and 6.1 are nowhere close to the 4/5 turn ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Surprised to see Charles and ADP drop like rocks.

thought the same thing.....saw that Clash passed on ADP for both Maclin and Tate at the 2/3 turn and he had Julio on board.....ADP hard to pass up there IMO...

Rene ponces on Charles at 3.05....thats pretty solid

 

Freeman dropping too....

Edited by Stinkin Ref

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

thought the same thing.....saw that Clash passed on ADP for both Maclin and Tate at the 2/3 turn and he had Julio on board.....ADP hard to pass up there IMO...

Rene ponces on Charles at 3.05....thats pretty solid

 

Freeman dropping too....

It's like the rules never changed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, WRs are picked over at my 3.07 pick, but I'm looking at a choice between Doug Martin and Eddie Lacy to pair with David Johnson.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

yeah, WRs are picked over at my 3.07 pick, but I'm looking at a choice between Doug Martin and Eddie Lacy to pair with David Johnson.
 

Nice consolation prizes.  I could easily buy into the argument that they'll be on par with the backs drafted in the first round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

yeah, WRs are picked over at my 3.07 pick, but I'm looking at a choice between Doug Martin and Eddie Lacy to pair with David Johnson.
 

like that trade you made

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Curious why Lockett before Baldwin.

I really like Lockett.  But before Baldwin....?  Not so sure on that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sinrman said:

I really like Lockett.  But before Baldwin....?  Not so sure on that...

I like him too.  Figured he'd be a 4/5 turn target.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually think Baldwin was a flash in the pan.  Don't see anywhere near the same numbers he put up last half of last year. Like Lockett to really step up this year. 

Actually thought I had Maclin pre-drafted before Lockett, but guess I didn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love to hear thoughts regarding rounds 1-4 and how those who have drafted would have done it differently.  Can someone go 3 RBs in the first 4 and load the crap up on WRs after that?  I mean, we can start 3 RBs now, so I just want to see what initial thoughts are after the rule changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

It's like the rules never changed

But they DID change, and some are slow to pick up on the increased RB values. Stole Charles in the 3rd.

Spent my 4th on Olsen. Seems a great value at that spot to me, although he hadn't been drafted in either of the other leagues yet either. That means I still don't have a WR in the fold, but I do still own a 4.01 in a later draft. These drafts sometimes over-compensate to earlier imbalances so I'm hoping that 4.01 will net me a much better WR1 than what I could have had in A (J Mathews, FLoyd, Decker). Maybe Cobb or Edelman?

Either way I think I'm almost forced to use my 5th rounder in A at WR.

RIght now have Zeke Elliot, J. Charles, and Olsen. I took Elliot much earlier than anyone else...I've NEVER taken a rookie so high, but I can't see how he isn't a top 5 RB behind that line this year, and I'm not very comfortable with the other top RBs as top RBs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2016 at 9:33 AM, Aaron Rudnicki said:

yeah, WRs are picked over at my 3.07 pick, but I'm looking at a choice between Doug Martin and Eddie Lacy to pair with David Johnson.
 

any interest in dealing CJA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

any interest in dealing CJA?

possibly. I only have 2 guys on my roster and lots of picks to go. what do you have in mind?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

possibly. I only have 2 guys on my roster and lots of picks to go. what do you have in mind?

we have 4.12 E or 5.01 E and some bumps later......saw you got CJA at 4.06 (very nice snag BTW)....we have been targeting him but blew our wad in moving up to snag Julio to pair with Brown who we will take at 1.01E so we dont' have a second or third round pick....it would really probably mean giving you the 4.12 and large bumps later till it made sense to you....bass would need to chime in here....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Team Stinkin Ref / BassNBrew

1.01e (1)
1.02a (2) Julio Jones
4.12e (48)
5.01e (49)
6.12e (72)
7.01e (73)
8.12e (96)
9.01e (97)
10.12e (120)
11.01e (121)
11.02a (122)
12.12e (144)
14.11a (167)
14.12e (168)
15.01e (169)
16.12e (192)
17.01e (193)
18.12e (216)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatcha got Ruds (picks)?  I know you traded some picks.

 

As a side note, it would be good to keep others here updated on what picks we have and selections we have made for trading purposes.  There's really not a good reason why all 12 of us shouldn't walk away from these drafts having a perfect draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

we have 4.12 E or 5.01 E and some bumps later......saw you got CJA at 4.06 (very nice snag BTW)....we have been targeting him but blew our wad in moving up to snag Julio to pair with Brown who we will take at 1.01E so we dont' have a second or third round pick....it would really probably mean giving you the 4.12 and large bumps later till it made sense to you....bass would need to chime in here....

 

54 minutes ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

possibly. I only have 2 guys on my roster and lots of picks to go. what do you have in mind?

 

Let's talk when your 5.7a is up.  If you're not liking the board we could maybe work a swap.  Ideally we would have targeted Locket here be he's gone in this draft and available in the others.

If you see someone you like move on it.  I've got 5 more opportunities to move into position to get Anderson.  Also if you like Anderson a lot, hang on to him.  The more of us that acquire him the better IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woke up and logged on to find myself fresh OTC in A at 5.05....and HATING my options. Luckily was able to garner multiple offers. The only one giving me any real value came from Lambert:

His 5.11/7.11/10.2 for my 5.5/8.8/10.8

Unfortunately all still in A, but 4% my way per the Doddulator, and if I keep that 5.11 might end up with the same player I would have taken now anyway (Sanders or Hurns, but see DeSean as fairly equivalent). Hopefully I can lateral to a later draft and hope for a better WR. Also considered going QB....wanted to wait but guys like Luck and Wilson are still available.

 

After my moves thus far:

Started as 5A. Unused Picks: 4.01G, 5.11A, 6.01G, 6.08A, 7.05A, 7.11A, 9.12G, 10.02A, 12.08A, 13.05A, 14.08A, 15.05A, 16.08A, 17.05A, 18.08A

Ezekiel Elliot (1.5A), Jamaal Charles (3.05A),

Greg Olsen (4.08A)

Edited by renesauz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, renesauz said:

Woke up and logged on to find myself fresh OTC in A at 5.05....and HATING my options. Luckily was able to garner multiple offers. The only one giving me any real value came from Lambert:

His 5.11/7.11/10.2 for my 5.5/8.8/10.8

Unfortunately all still in A, but 4% my way per the Doddulator, and if I keep that 5.11 might end up with the same player I would have taken now anyway (Sanders or Hurns, but see DeSean as fairly equivalent). Hopefully I can lateral to a later draft and hope for a better WR. Also considered going QB....wanted to wait but guys like Luck and Wilson are still available.

 

After my moves thus far:

Started as 5A. Unused Picks: 4.01G, 5.11A, 6.01G, 6.08A, 7.05A, 7.11A, 9.12G, 10.02A, 12.08A, 13.05A, 14.08A, 15.05A, 16.08A, 17.05A, 18.08A

Ezekiel Elliot (1.5A), Jamaal Charles (3.05A),

Greg Olsen (4.08A)

 

We may be interested in a trade if Rawls/Lewis are still on the board at 5.11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really regretting my Elliot pick at this point. Should have gone with AJ Green. Thought folks would go heavier on the RBs this year.

Plus....Made the pick in a hurry soon after waking up...had been OTC for 6+ hours on day 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As of right now:

 

2016 IBL

QB: 
RB: E Lacy (4.03B)
WR: B Marshall (2.03B), D Baldwin (3.10B)
TE: 
K: 
DST:

PICKS: 4.12H, 5.01H, 5.09B, 5.10B, 7.01H, 7.10B, 8.03B, 9.10B, 10.03B, 13.10B, 14.03B, 15.10B, 16.03B, 17.10B, 18.03B

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Clash of the Titans said:

Anyone interested in my 4.11 b

probably going Carlos Hyde 

Hyde available at 5.07a. Wish I swapped with you. 

I took Rawls. BnB/Ref, we can talk trade if something fits. I need a WR. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thoughts on my upcoming turn in A? 

Lamar Miller

Doug Martin

 

Keenan Allen

Tyler Lockett

 

Would love to see someone fall but my targets are slowly going. 

Not really thrilled with anyone on the board right now. 

Edited by bro1ncos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bro1ncos said:

Thoughts on my upcoming turn in A? 

Lamar Miller

Doug Martin

 

Keenan Allen

Tyler Lockett

 

Would love to see someone fall but my targets are slowly going. 

Not really thrilled with anyone on the board right now. 

Love Allen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.