What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Saratoga... (1 Viewer)

jimmy b

Footballguy
Anybody make their way up that way for Summer meet.?  Last for the next 40 days (starting on July 22) ending on Sept 5th.

The Travers Stakes runs at the end of August.

For me this has been a Summer must for the last 10 seasons. About a 2 hour drive from NYC. Good food, amazing atmosphere just a great vibe all the way around (even for the non-horse and betting people)

If you have never been, do yourself a favor and make the trip....A trip to The Spa is like a trip back in time.

"AND THEY'RE OFF"

Graveyard of favorites 
hoping to hit some looong exotics, keying double digit horses in trifectas is my bread and butter play .... a couple of those hits will be nice coin - love having the ability to check the Spa horse flesh up close - makes a big difference in who/how I wager. 

I go up the last weekend in July every year.  Have for maybe 15 years now.  Annual trip with me and my best bud and now his 19 year old son.  Cannot recommend it highly enough for a fun time all around with the ponies, cigars, food and beers.

Decent recommendation I'd have is The Desmond Hotel in Albany.  It's maybe 20 minutes away, but they have a race package where you get hotel, tickets to enter the track (no waiting in line on a busy Saturday morning), passes for 2 programs, 2 drinks at the hotel bar and a 40.00 breakfast credit.  Can't beat it.

Went there in 2007 with Jefferson The Caregiver.  Did a VIP seating on a Friday and helped a few really good looking sorority girls handicap races. Such an awesome day. 

Then on Saturday we sat outside in the woods and there was a chili cook off going on.  Normally crowds at horse tracks can be a little on the low rent side; not the case here.  Felt like we were hanging around people who were vacationing in the Hamptons. Great vibe, so much fun.  

Been to a lot of sporting events in my life, including a Rose Bowl and a NCAA Championship Game.  Saratoga tops all for me and one day I hope to go back.

On my bucket list.  Never been.  We do the CA equivalent (Del Mar).  Annual trip the weekend before the Pacific Classic.  3 days, 15-20 guys.  Track, restaurants, party..It's a must.  

I want to do Saratoga, + the fall meet at Keeneland.  Heard if you go when Kentucky as a home game it can be pretty fun...

Derby is also on my list.... 

Went there in 2007 with Jefferson The Caregiver.  Did a VIP seating on a Friday and helped a few really good looking sorority girls handicap races. Such an awesome day. 

Then on Saturday we sat outside in the woods and there was a chili cook off going on.  Normally crowds at horse tracks can be a little on the low rent side; not the case here.  Felt like we were hanging around people who were vacationing in the Hamptons. Great vibe, so much fun.  

Been to a lot of sporting events in my life, including a Rose Bowl and a NCAA Championship Game.  Saratoga tops all for me and one day I hope to go back.
Hopefully you had better luck with JTC than I did the year we went there.  It would be pretty easy to do better seeing how we didn't cash a single ticket all day. I love the guy but I've never met a guy that knows more about horse racing yet bets so poorly.

Although he is a horse betting shark compared to his Jai Alai betting record. Ask him about the time he followed the Jai Alai ref out of the parking lot in his car for two miles through the streets of Newport with his head out the window screaming at the guy because he incorrectly called a short serve that cost him a cash. 

Hopefully you had better luck with JTC than I did the year we went there.  It would be pretty easy to do better seeing how we didn't cash a single ticket all day. I love the guy but I've never met a guy that knows more about horse racing yet bets so poorly.

Although he is a horse betting shark compared to his Jai Alai betting record. Ask him about the time he followed the Jai Alai ref out of the parking lot in his car for two miles through the streets of Newport with his head out the window screaming at the guy because he incorrectly called a short serve that cost him a cash. 
:lmao:

I actually believe this happened.  I'll ask him about this if you ask him about our attempted trip to Montreal after two decent days of track action.  @Jefferson the Caregiver

Users who are viewing this thread