What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trading Le'Veon in IDP Dynasty (1 Viewer)

wheyen3

Footballguy
I trade a $15 Le'Veon FOR

$3 Emmanuel Sanders

$2 Funchess

$1 Braxton Miller

$1 Lawrence Timmons

$2 Eric Berry

I have Lacy, Stewart, and Rashad as RB's, and not a very strong WR core. 

Based on the limited info you have provided I would not make that trade.  All of those players are just players where Bell is a difference maker (even with his issues).  This is selling way too low on Bell.

Based on the limited info you have provided I would not make that trade.  All of those players are just players where Bell is a difference maker (even with his issues).  This is selling way too low on Bell.
This. If you are giving up the best player than YOU are in control of the negotiations.

Is that what was offered or what you ask for ?

You are giving 2 quarters, 2 dimes and a nickle for a dollar.

And just to add a personal note - a quantity for quality trade is a classic fantasy shark move and one I got badly burned by when I first started dynasty 15 years ago.

I traded Marvin Harrison and I got Tim Brown, Wayne Chrebet, James Stewart and someone else. I thought "wow, this is a great trade, I'm giving away one 1,000 yard WR and I'm getting 2, and a starting RB, pretty cool, eh?"

But of course Harrison went on to have a superlative career with multiple absurd 100+ catch seasons with Peyton whereas Brown, Chrebet, and Stewart were out of the league within a few years.

In fantasy there are tons of average players but very few superstars, which means that because of relative value and scarcity those superstars are worth their weight in gold.

I would even go as far as to suggest you never trade quality for quantity and if you by great fortune happen to have a superstar, only trade him if you've got a ridiculous surplus at that position or he's on the downside of his career.

Young, ascending players like Bell (even with his issues) I would pretty much never trade.

I think the analogy would be trading one dollar (Bell) for a quarter (Sanders) and four nickels (Funchess, Miller, Timmons, Berry).
I was just meaning 50 cents on the dollar....I wasn't assigning a coin to each player.

And just to add a personal note - a quantity for quality trade is a classic fantasy shark move and one I got badly burned by when I first started dynasty 15 years ago.

I traded Marvin Harrison and I got Tim Brown, Wayne Chrebet, James Stewart and someone else. I thought "wow, this is a great trade, I'm giving away one 1,000 yard WR and I'm getting 2, and a starting RB, pretty cool, eh?"

But of course Harrison went on to have a superlative career with multiple absurd 100+ catch seasons with Peyton whereas Brown, Chrebet, and Stewart were out of the league within a few years.

In fantasy there are tons of average players but very few superstars, which means that because of relative value and scarcity those superstars are worth their weight in gold.

I would even go as far as to suggest you never trade quality for quantity and if you by great fortune happen to have a superstar, only trade him if you've got a ridiculous surplus at that position or he's on the downside of his career.

Young, ascending players like Bell (even with his issues) I would pretty much never trade.
There are always situations where this could be the right thing to do (quantity over quality).  The key to pulling this off and not getting screwed in the long run is being able to evaluate talent properly and get the diamonds in the rough as part of the quantity that turn into the superstars in a year or two down the road.  There is always turnover and knowing when to trade a superstar (better a year or two early than late) for quantity is the key to being competitive for the title every year.

Users who are viewing this thread