Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Eminence

Official Donald Trump for President thread

55 minutes ago, Coeur de Lion said:

And the fact that he actually thinks that defaulting on our national debt should actually be on the table, or even just the threat of doing so, might just be the worst idea of all of them, which is really saying something.

It's all on the table. There isn't a normal policy point to be had.

Trump University Script Tells Students to Inflate Income

A Trump University seminar presentation advised students to try to boost their credit card limit by inflating their annual income by $75,000, according to documents made public in federal court this week. The instruction, legal experts said, could amount to a lesson in bank fraud.

“If someone is encouraging people to make a false representation about their current income, that might be an appropriate target for prosecution,” said John W. Moscow, a former head of the fraud bureau of the New York County District Attorney’s Office.

“If the caller actually does what they were told to do, that could easily be fraud,” agreed Randall M. Fox, who served as the founding bureau chief of the New York attorney general's taxpayer protection bureau.

Broad allegations of fraud swirling in three civil cases against Trump University have dogged the Republican presidential front-runner this week, after a federal judge in California unsealed hundreds of pages of internal documents about Trump’s enterprise. Trump took to Twitter on Thursday to defend the embattled, now-defunct business, saying he would reopen the program after he prevailed in the courts.

An undated presentation called “Fast Track to Foreclosure Investing,” offers an inside look at how the costly real estate seminars worked and includes instructions for increasing credit card limits, presumably to enable someone to invest more money in foreclosed property.

“When asked for your income,” the instructor’s script reads, “take your current income and add $75,000 from your real estate enterprise.”

Moscow, now in private practice, said credit limits are not based on the possibility of future earnings, no more than they would be based “on the chance of holding a winning lottery ticket.”

Also among the documents released Tuesday are a number of statements from former employees of the university, including one who said that the program, in which customers could purchase to increasingly expensive real estate courses and seminars, was a “fraudulent scheme and that it preyed upon the elderly and uneducated to separate them from their money.”

Trump University is the target of three lawsuits: two in California and one in New York. The documents released this week are part of one of the California suits, but New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman, who brought the N.Y. suit against Trump in 2013, recently said that in calling itself a university, “it was really a fraud from beginning to end.”

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-university-script-tells-students-inflate-income/story?id=39589076

- Aside from what's bad about this - teaching people to commit fraud - gosh this sounds an awful lot like Trump's own method of inflating his wealth as a matter of practice. No wonder he is so paranoid and aggressive about people reporting his actual wealth, he may have been committing fraud in various bank loan statements and oh I don't know maybe even FEC filings by overstating his wealth.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1

This is hilarious coming from Hilary with all of the fuel her and Bernie add to the fire while always passing the blame.  Such fake lying piece of garbage.  Absolutely hilarious.   I mean the Clinton's have never taken any blame for anything and always wiggle out of it.  Horrible horrible human beings.  So fake. 

But Clinton said Trump has "set a very bad example."
"He created an environment in which it seemed to be acceptable for someone running for president to be inciting violence, to be encouraging his supporters, now we're seeing people who are against him responding in kind," Clinton said. "It should all stop. It is not acceptable."

Just now, urbanhack said:

Yaknow, one way to look at this besides the obvious is maybe Trump has a bunch of yes-men as lawyers who are too scared to bring him bad news. It's possible that he means the 'people can't believe' and the 'very unfair rulings' bit because that's what he's being fed. His cabinet would likely be the same sort of bizarre politburoish groupthink.

11 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-university-script-tells-students-inflate-income/story?id=39589076

- Aside from what's bad about this - teaching people to commit fraud - gosh this sounds an awful lot like Trump's own method of inflating his wealth as a matter of practice. No wonder he is so paranoid and aggressive about people reporting his actual wealth, he may have been committing fraud in various bank loan statements and oh I don't know maybe even FEC filings by overstating his wealth.

Trump is livid over this 'Mexican' judge because he knows Trump U just destroyed any shot he had at becoming President.

1 minute ago, cstu said:

Trump is livid over this 'Mexican' judge because he knows Trump U just destroyed any shot he had at becoming President.

There are a lot of things going on but yeah I think something this important being completely out of his control is making him furious.

I'm sure any sane political advisor he talked to told him it would pose a problem before he ran.

2 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

There are a lot of things going on but yeah I think something this important being completely out of his control is making him furious.

I'm sure any sane political advisor he talked to told him it would pose a problem before he ran.

You think he surrounded himself with sane advisers? :mellow:

3 minutes ago, 3C's said:

You think he surrounded himself with sane advisers? :mellow:

Yeah there may be a flaw in my thinking.

9 minutes ago, cstu said:

Is there still a chance the GOP could still deny him  the nomination somehow?  I know he's over the delegate threshold, so maybe their hands are tied, but could they somehow pull the ripcord before he crashes like Wile e Coyote?  Yesterday Hillary destroyed him verbally and he basically responded by calling her a pootyhead, just as she predicted.  And stuff like this Trump University scam figures to be just the tip of the iceberg into his business dealings.  It just seems like it's going to get very, very embarrassing for them if they don't find a way out.   

• Like 1

‏@alivitali
Trump just shouted out a guy in the crowd saying "look at my African American over here!"

1 minute ago, Don Quixote said:

WTF?

40 minutes ago, Don Quixote said:

Well I'm sure there's a rational explanation.

20 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Is there still a chance the GOP could still deny him  the nomination somehow?  I know he's over the delegate threshold, so maybe their hands are tied, but could they somehow pull the ripcord before he crashes like Wile e Coyote?  Yesterday Hillary destroyed him verbally and he basically responded by calling her a pootyhead, just as she predicted.  And stuff like this Trump University scam figures to be just the tip of the iceberg into his business dealings.  It just seems like it's going to get very, very embarrassing for them if they don't find a way out.   

It is already very, very embarrassing.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Hm I dunno what do criminally negligent parents do with obnoxious 2 year olds they're embarrassed by?

Actually Reince Preibus is the father of this abomination he should be held responsible.

1 minute ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Hm I dunno what do criminally negligent parents do with obnoxious 2 year olds they're embarrassed by?

Actually Reince Preibus is the father of this abomination.

I thought you were going say say "throw them in a gorilla cage....:bag:

NM Gov Susana Martinez was a rising star of the GOP and influential and well respected in a swing state. She was a likely short list VP name.

Right now she is on CNN with Wolf tearing into Trump, dragging his name around.

Really well done GOP.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Don Quixote said:

Trump then went on and on about the protesters at his Arizona rally who were dressed up as the "Klu Klux Klan".  He said Klu like five times.

Sometimes this guy has no klu.

Edited by Gary Coal Man
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

NM Gov Susana Martinez was a rising star of the GOP and influential and well respected in a swing state. She was a likely short list VP name.

Right now she is on CNN with Wolf tearing into Trump, dragging his name around.

Really well done GOP.

Susana was probably off those short lists after the drunken pizza party incident.  (Audio is worth listening to, if you haven't already.)

6 minutes ago, Don Quixote said:

Susana was probably off those short lists after the drunken pizza party incident.  (Audio is worth listening to, if you haven't already.)

Ha ok I didn't know about that, but having read about that now I'm gonna say Trump has well raised the bar for embarrassment way way above that.

31 minutes ago, bueno said:

I thought you were going say say "throw them in a gorilla cage....:bag:

'Hot car with the windows rolled up' is also an acceptable answer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coeur de Lion said:

I know you're a rabid conservative -- but do you actually doubt that Obama is doing what he thinks is best for the country? You're not so far gone as to think he actually wants Iran to have access to nuclear weapons, are you? This election needs to be much bigger than the typical partisan BS. A completely unqualified demagogue is one step away from the White House.

That was the old bueno - significant life events change perspective. I'm still a Reagan Republican, but I don't think rabid applies as much as it used to.

Edited by bueno
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, bueno said:

That was the old bueno - significant life events change perspective. I'm still a Reagan Republican, but I don't think rabid applies as much as it used to.

How were the shots?

2 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

How were the shots?

They sucked. So did the other treatments.

• Like 1

"Look at my African-American over here!" 

Anyone (besides Eminence) want to defend this one? 

Just now, timschochet said:

"Look at my African-American over here!" 

Anyone (besides Eminence) want to defend this one? 

Unlikely, I would think.

I CAN NOT ####### IMAGINE THE RAGE THAT WOULD COME FROM THE MEDIA AND THE IDIOTS ON THIS BOARD IF WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PEOPLE OF SAN JOSE WHERE HILLARY OR BERNIE SUPPORTERS. 

THIS IS TERRORISM AND THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT NEED TO REMOVED FROM OUR COUNTRY.

3 minutes ago, Dexter said:

I CAN NOT ####### IMAGINE THE RAGE THAT WOULD COME FROM THE MEDIA AND THE IDIOTS ON THIS BOARD IF WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PEOPLE OF SAN JOSE WHERE HILLARY OR BERNIE SUPPORTERS.  ..,

Actually I think you have a point here. What happened in SJ sounds pretty bad though I haven't seen the full report. 

4 minutes ago, Dexter said:

I CAN NOT ####### IMAGINE THE RAGE THAT WOULD COME FROM THE MEDIA AND THE IDIOTS ON THIS BOARD IF WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PEOPLE OF SAN JOSE WHERE HILLARY OR BERNIE SUPPORTERS. 

THIS IS TERRORISM AND THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT NEED TO REMOVED FROM OUR COUNTRY.

Umm...having some anger issues?

Bothering you that Hillary and Obama have both condemned the violence and nobody here is condoning it?

Better start searching fr more articles about Europe?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dexter said:

It saddens me you think hurting people is a joke. 

How many times must it be condemned?

Oh, and those people doing things...doesn't make Trump a better candidate.

HTH

Just now, sho nuff said:

How many times must it be condemned?

Oh, and those people doing things...doesn't make Trump a better candidate.

HTH

Ohhhhhh it's been condemned that makes it all okay. Did you read that guy who got a face full of rocks? It's been condemned. How about you kid who ran for your life after being chased by a gang of terrorist? It's been condemned so there's no reason to even talk about it any more. 

Just move along because sho nuff said it's all good.

4 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I'm going to relink this to conform with the current standards.

This Business Will Get Out of Control

This country is a family and right now we have got to look at each other and realize that we have seen race baiting from Trump and we see political violence from the left, and it's a serious, serious problem because racial or ethnic division is an ugly genie that is almost impossible to put back in the bottle.

No, you likely won't see as great a sense of family in America going forward as you have in the past

You can't have both extensive diversity and as strong a sense of family.  Numerous studies have shown that the greater the diversity the lesser the sense of family and community.  The most noteworthy is the Putnam study referenced below.

Aside from studies, the phenomenon that Putnam and other researchers have noticed is also evidenced in people's self-segregation in living.  

This is pertinent to not only to your comment, but also to the political conflicts that we're now seeing.  When you look at the where the major incidents of violence have broken out at Trump events, it's been in Chicago, New Mexico, and California -- all areas with greater diversity.  When you look at the pictures and the videos of the violence at those events you can't help but notice that it has a strong minority anti-Trump protester attacking white Trump supporter element.  And, admittedly, the anger and violence from white Trump supporters has disproportionately been aimed at minorities.

We're seeing a similar situation throughout Europe.

The downside of diversity

A Harvard political scientist finds that diversity hurts civic life. What happens when a liberal scholar unearths an inconvenient truth?

IT HAS BECOME increasingly popular to speak of racial and ethnic diversity as a civic strength. From multicultural festivals to pronouncements from political leaders, the message is the same: our differences make us stronger.

But a massive new study, based on detailed interviews of nearly 30,000 people across America, has concluded just the opposite. Harvard political scientist Robert Putnam -- famous for "Bowling Alone," his 2000 book on declining civic engagement -- has found that the greater the diversity in a community, the fewer people vote and the less they volunteer, the less they give to charity and work on community projects. In the most diverse communities, neighbors trust one another about half as much as they do in the most homogenous settings. The study, the largest ever on civic engagement in America, found that virtually all measures of civic health are lower in more diverse settings.

"The extent of the effect is shocking," says Scott Page, a University of Michigan political scientist.

The study comes at a time when the future of the American melting pot is the focus of intense political debate, from immigration to race-based admissions to schools, and it poses challenges to advocates on all sides of the issues. The study is already being cited by some conservatives as proof of the harm large-scale immigration causes to the nation's social fabric. But with demographic trends already pushing the nation inexorably toward greater diversity, the real question may yet lie ahead: how to handle the unsettling social changes that Putnam's research predicts.

"We can't ignore the findings," says Ali Noorani, executive director of the Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition. "The big question we have to ask ourselves is, what do we do about it; what are the next steps?"

The study is part of a fascinating new portrait of diversity emerging from recent scholarship. Diversity, it shows, makes us uncomfortable -- but discomfort, it turns out, isn't always a bad thing. Unease with differences helps explain why teams of engineers from different cultures may be ideally suited to solve a vexing problem. Culture clashes can produce a dynamic give-and-take, generating a solution that may have eluded a group of people with more similar backgrounds and approaches. At the same time, though, Putnam's work adds to a growing body of research indicating that more diverse populations seem to extend themselves less on behalf of collective needs and goals.

His findings on the downsides of diversity have also posed a challenge for Putnam, a liberal academic whose own values put him squarely in the pro-diversity camp. Suddenly finding himself the bearer of bad news, Putnam has struggled with how to present his work. He gathered the initial raw data in 2000 and issued a press release the following year outlining the results. He then spent several years testing other possible explanations.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dexter said:

Ohhhhhh it's been condemned that makes it all okay. Did you read that guy who got a face full of rocks? It's been condemned. How about you kid who ran for your life after being chased by a gang of terrorist? It's been condemned so there's no reason to even talk about it any more. 

You've got 5 months to get it all out of your system, go right ahead and have good time.

• Like 1

The Donald giveth & the Donald taketh away. The news *should be about the SJ attacks, but Donald hands the press free cudgels of 'Mexican judge' and 'my African American' and gives ground to his opponents who claim he's 'driving' this stuff.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dexter said:

I'm sure you will get it all figured out in here.

:lmao:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Olaf said:

No, you likely won't see as great a sense of family in America going forward as you have in the past

You can't have both extensive diversity and as strong a sense of family.  Numerous studies have shown that the greater the diversity the lesser the sense of family and community.  The most noteworthy is the Putnam study referenced below.

Aside from studies, the phenomenon that Putnam and other researchers have noticed is also evidenced in people's self-segregation in living.  

This is pertinent to not only to your comment, but also to the political conflicts that we're now seeing.  When you look at the where the major incidents of violence have broken out at Trump events, it's been in Chicago, New Mexico, and California -- all areas with greater diversity.  When you look at the pictures and the videos of the violence at those events you can't help but notice that it has a strong minority anti-Trump protester attacking white Trump supporter element.  And, admittedly, the anger and violence from white Trump supporters has disproportionately been aimed at minorities.

We're seeing a similar situation throughout Europe.

The downside of diversity

A Harvard political scientist finds that diversity hurts civic life. What happens when a liberal scholar unearths an inconvenient truth?

IT HAS BECOME increasingly popular to speak of racial and ethnic diversity as a civic strength. From multicultural festivals to pronouncements from political leaders, the message is the same: our differences make us stronger.

But a massive new study, based on detailed interviews of nearly 30,000 people across America, has concluded just the opposite. Harvard political scientist Robert Putnam -- famous for "Bowling Alone," his 2000 book on declining civic engagement -- has found that the greater the diversity in a community, the fewer people vote and the less they volunteer, the less they give to charity and work on community projects. In the most diverse communities, neighbors trust one another about half as much as they do in the most homogenous settings. The study, the largest ever on civic engagement in America, found that virtually all measures of civic health are lower in more diverse settings.

"The extent of the effect is shocking," says Scott Page, a University of Michigan political scientist.

The study comes at a time when the future of the American melting pot is the focus of intense political debate, from immigration to race-based admissions to schools, and it poses challenges to advocates on all sides of the issues. The study is already being cited by some conservatives as proof of the harm large-scale immigration causes to the nation's social fabric. But with demographic trends already pushing the nation inexorably toward greater diversity, the real question may yet lie ahead: how to handle the unsettling social changes that Putnam's research predicts.

"We can't ignore the findings," says Ali Noorani, executive director of the Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition. "The big question we have to ask ourselves is, what do we do about it; what are the next steps?"

The study is part of a fascinating new portrait of diversity emerging from recent scholarship. Diversity, it shows, makes us uncomfortable -- but discomfort, it turns out, isn't always a bad thing. Unease with differences helps explain why teams of engineers from different cultures may be ideally suited to solve a vexing problem. Culture clashes can produce a dynamic give-and-take, generating a solution that may have eluded a group of people with more similar backgrounds and approaches. At the same time, though, Putnam's work adds to a growing body of research indicating that more diverse populations seem to extend themselves less on behalf of collective needs and goals.

His findings on the downsides of diversity have also posed a challenge for Putnam, a liberal academic whose own values put him squarely in the pro-diversity camp. Suddenly finding himself the bearer of bad news, Putnam has struggled with how to present his work. He gathered the initial raw data in 2000 and issued a press release the following year outlining the results. He then spent several years testing other possible explanations.

Diversity is a strength is one of the biggest lied sold to the public. Unity of a shared culture is what brings people together. Diversity rips it apart.

• Like 1