Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Eminence

Official Donald Trump for President thread

Yay, let's all be white instead.

Just say no to diversity.

5 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

The Donald giveth & the Donald taketh away. The news *should be about the SJ attacks, but Donald hands the press free cudgels of 'Mexican judge' and 'my African American' and gives ground to his opponents who claim he's 'driving' this stuff.

The media will report what it wants. It won't fully cover the SJ terrorist attacks because it doesn't help the Trump is a Nazi drum beat.

Just now, Dexter said:

The media will report what it wants. It won't fully cover the SJ terrorist attacks because it doesn't help the Trump is a Nazi drum beat.

Well, they aren't terrorist attacks...and a presidential candidate making idiotc remarks is a bit more news than your 8 spammed links in a row.

3 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Diversity is a strength is one of the biggest lied sold to the public. Unity of a shared culture is what brings people together. Diversity rips it apart.

I think you're con-fusing diversity and multiculturalism, they're not the same thing IMO.

28 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Diversity is a strength is one of the biggest lied sold to the public. Unity of a shared culture is what brings people together. Diversity rips it apart.

Gee, wonder where one would get the idea that you're a racist?

Edited by cstu
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Olaf said:

Putnam claims the US has experienced a pronounced decline in "social capital," a term he helped popularize. Social capital refers to the social networks -- whether friendships or religious congregations or neighborhood associations -- that he says are key indicators of civic well-being. When social capital is high, says Putnam, communities are better places to live. Neighborhoods are safer; people are healthier; and more citizens vote.

- This is a cool idea, I like this.

11 minutes ago, cstu said:

Gee, wonder where would one get the idea that you're a racist?

I know facts don't mean anything to you. I know showing you diversity destroys cultures and countries will fall on blind eyes and deaf ears. I know it's easier for you to bury your head in the sand, call me a racist and pretend everything is copacetic. 

34 minutes ago, Olaf said:

In his paper, Putnam cites the work done by Page and others, and uses it to help frame his conclusion that increasing diversity in America is not only inevitable, but ultimately valuable and enriching. As for smoothing over the divisions that hinder civic engagement, Putnam argues that Americans can help that process along through targeted efforts. He suggests expanding support for English-language instruction and investing in community centers and other places that allow for "meaningful interaction across ethnic lines."

- Also a good point.

I think it also depends on how you define diversity. Are cities like NYC, Chicago and LA diverse? Well yeah most people would say so, but racial and poverty concentration within these large cities is not good. So while they may be 'diverse' you have areas like Bed-Stuy, Cabrini-Green and Crenshaw which are not, so the racial racial integration within neighborhoods is low but they interact which cause clashes, mistrust and conflict.

My point about 'family' is that while we may be at times estranged it doesn't mean we have to destroy ourselves over what divides us. I think everyone needs to put the pitchforks down and maybe acknowledge our own sins or dysfunctionalism in arriving at our situation.

39 minutes ago, Olaf said:

When you look at the where the major incidents of violence have broken out at Trump events, it's been in Chicago, New Mexico, and California -- all areas with greater diversity. 

New Orleans is extremely diverse, we had little to no problem when Trump visited. And actually send Trump to a non-dIverse locale like East L.A. and see how things go. Again it depends on your definition of diversity.

40 minutes ago, Olaf said:

You can't have both extensive diversity and as strong a sense of family.

This just isn't my personal experience. I think it's when people are concentrated by race that things get weird. Even so we can come together for common causes and festivals. That's what families do.

7 minutes ago, Dexter said:

I know facts don't mean anything to you. I know showing you diversity destroys cultures and countries will fall on blind eyes and deaf ears. I know it's easier for you to bury your head in the sand, call me a racist and pretend everything is copacetic. 

From your own article:

The image of civic lassitude dragging down more diverse communities is at odds with the vigor often associated with urban centers, where ethnic diversity is greatest. It turns out there is a flip side to the discomfort diversity can cause. If ethnic diversity, at least in the short run, is a liability for social connectedness, a parallel line of emerging research suggests it can be a big asset when it comes to driving productivity and innovation. In high-skill workplace settings, says Scott Page, the University of Michigan political scientist, the different ways of thinking among people from different cultures can be a boon.

"Because they see the world and think about the world differently than you, that's challenging," says Page, author of "The Difference: How the Power of Diversity Creates Better Groups, Firms, Schools, and Societies." "But by hanging out with people different than you, you're likely to get more insights. Diverse teams tend to be more productive."

In other words, those in more diverse communities may do more bowling alone, but the creative tensions unleashed by those differences in the workplace may vault those same places to the cutting edge of the economy and of creative culture.

Page calls it the "diversity paradox." He thinks the contrasting positive and negative effects of diversity can coexist in communities, but "there's got to be a limit." If civic engagement falls off too far, he says, it's easy to imagine the positive effects of diversity beginning to wane as well. "That's what's unsettling about his findings," Page says of Putnam's new work.

Meanwhile, by drawing a portrait of civic engagement in which more homogeneous communities seem much healthier, some of Putnam's worst fears about how his results could be used have been realized. A stream of conservative commentary has begun -- from places like the Manhattan Institute and "The American Conservative" -- highlighting the harm the study suggests will come from large-scale immigration. But Putnam says he's also received hundreds of complimentary emails laced with bigoted language. "It certainly is not pleasant when David Duke's website hails me as the guy who found out racism is good," he says.

In the final quarter of his paper, Putnam puts the diversity challenge in a broader context by describing how social identity can change over time. Experience shows that social divisions can eventually give way to "more encompassing identities" that create a "new, more capacious sense of 'we,'" he writes.

Growing up in the 1950s in a small Midwestern town, Putnam knew the religion of virtually every member of his high school graduating class because, he says, such information was crucial to the question of "who was a possible mate or date." The importance of marrying within one's faith, he says, has largely faded since then, at least among many mainline Protestants, Catholics, and Jews.

While acknowledging that racial and ethnic divisions may prove more stubborn, Putnam argues that such examples bode well for the long-term prospects for social capital in a multiethnic America.

In his paper, Putnam cites the work done by Page and others, and uses it to help frame his conclusion that increasing diversity in America is not only inevitable, but ultimately valuable and enriching. As for smoothing over the divisions that hinder civic engagement, Putnam argues that Americans can help that process along through targeted efforts. He suggests expanding support for English-language instruction and investing in community centers and other places that allow for "meaningful interaction across ethnic lines."

• Like 1

Wow, just heard pieces of the Tapper interview of Trump (which airs in full Sunday). There's seriously something wrong with him. :loco:

Edited by 3C's

Katy TurVerified account @KatyTurNBC 3h3 hours ago

NEW: Trump aides not happy with Trump's attack on Judge Curiel impartiality, telling me “these are the things that will defeat us."

2 minutes ago, 3C's said:

Wow, just heard pieces of the Tapper interview of Trump (which airs in full Sunday). There's seriously something wrong with him. :loco:

He's ####### nuts. Love how he basically admits he's a racist pig and that's why a Hispanic judge can't preside over a case that has nothing to do with Mexico, Mexicans, or any other kind of people not of the white race.

1 minute ago, Bucky86 said:

He's ####### nuts. Love how he basically admits he's a racist pig and that's why a Hispanic judge can't preside over a case that has nothing to do with Mexico, Mexicans, or any other kind of people not of the white race.

But he's building a wall!! To keep the Mexicans like that Mexican judge out!!

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

"Look at my African-American over here!" 

Anyone (besides Eminence) want to defend this one? 

Nothing wrong with that in the context of the story (which ironically was a story about taking one bit out of context).

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, squistion said:

Katy TurVerified account @KatyTurNBC 3h3 hours ago

NEW: Trump aides not happy with Trump's attack on Judge Curiel impartiality, telling me “these are the things that will defeat us."

Great when your boss sabotages your work.

28 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Yay, let's all be white instead.

Just say no to diversity.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

It just seems fitting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cstu said:

From your own article:

It's not my article. I didn't post it. Again I know these facts mean nothing to you since it doesn't fit your narrative. 

13 minutes ago, bueno said:

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

It just seems fitting.

Well, Dex apparently wants that only if its all white anyway.  Cause diversity is bad.

Guy Benson is a Fox News contributor and the Political Editor of the Townhall site:

Fox News @FoxNews 6m6 minutes ago

.@guypbenson: "The fact that [Judge Curiel's] parents happen to be from Mexico...that has absolutely no bearing on the facts of this case."

6 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Well, Dex apparently wants that only if its all white anyway.  Cause diversity is bad.

Diversity is bad. I'm not even going to respond to your pathetic race baiting attack.

12 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

We have to find a way though, where we are not divided into "us" and "them."

7 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Diversity is bad. I'm not even going to respond to your pathetic race baiting attack.

Isn't that always the argument for ethnic cleansing?

18 minutes ago, Dexter said:

You write those two things together?

No baiting...just your own words about diversity.

17 minutes ago, bueno said:

We have to find a way though, where we are not divided into "us" and "them."

Sure...I agree. Start by not always talking about them...like some in here and Trump.

2 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I think you're con-fusing diversity and multiculturalism, they're not the same thing IMO.

No, they're the same thing because people have different genetic traits and different cultures.  Even if you ask drastically different people to melt into a shared society under a melting pot theory rather than a multicultural approach, drastically different people will be unable to do so as fluidly as people with greater similarities.

People argue that "America is a nation of immigrants."  That's true, but prior to the Hart-Celler Act of 1965 nearly all of those immigrants were European and Christian.   In other words, they were genetically and culturally relatively similar.

Once you start mixing people who are more different both culturally and genetically you'll naturally have more difficulty integrating them no matter what model you use.  This is common sense.  All studies support it, and empirical and anecdotal evidence supports it.

I'm not sure why people feel compelled to deny what both research and life shows, but denial coupled with repression of dissenting views will only lead to even greater future conflict.

3 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

:mellow:

Yep, he really said it:

Dr. Tom Martin Ph.D. @DrTomMartinPhD 18m18 minutes ago

Donald Trump on racial statements: Judge Curiel, "What I said isn't racist because "Mexican" isn't a race." #Maddow

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, squistion said:

Yep, he really said it:

Donald Trump on racial statements: Judge Curiel, "What I said isn't racist because "Mexican" isn't a race." #Maddow

Yep, he really said it:

So you say Mexican is a race?

6 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

So you say Mexican is a race?

Dude, even Megan Kelly thinks this is racist. He is calling out the judge's ethnicity. That is racist no matter how you try to spin it (and even Paul Ryan couldn't give it a positive spin after endorsing Trump).

From Kelly's show last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVb_OK5QRto

Edited by squistion

3 minutes ago, squistion said:

Dude, even Megan Kelly thinks this is racist. He is calling out the judge's ethnicity. That is racist no matter how you try to spin it (and even Paul Ryan couldn't give it a positive spin after endorsing Trump).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVb_OK5QRto

I'm just trying to clarify something. 

Just now, HellToupee said:

I'm just trying to clarify something. 

No you are not, you are just being disingenuous.

18 minutes ago, Olaf said:

No, they're the same thing because people have different genetic traits and different cultures.  Even if you ask drastically different people to melt into a shared society under a melting pot theory rather than a multicultural approach, drastically different people will be unable to do so as fluidly as people with greater similarities.

People argue that "America is a nation of immigrants."  That's true, but prior to the Hart-Celler Act of 1965 nearly all of those immigrants were European and Christian.   In other words, they were genetically and culturally relatively similar.

Once you start mixing people who are more different both culturally and genetically you'll naturally have more difficulty integrating them no matter what model you use.  This is common sense.  All studies support it, and empirical and anecdotal evidence supports it.

I'm not sure why people feel compelled to deny what both research and life shows, but denial coupled with repression of dissenting views will only lead to even greater future conflict.

1 hour ago, Olaf said:

Once you start mixing people who are more different both culturally and genetically...

- Things the real Olaf would never say.

I don't know about other people but you'd be shocked I've heard this one before, right? This is soft-core eugenics, not (just) racism, eugenics; Duke has peddled it for 40 years now, but Tim is right about its ultimate older derivation, and I swear every time I see it online I think the poster thinks he is the first person to ever try this. Pernicious stuff. Get thee to a chaplain.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, timschochet said:
1 hour ago, Olaf said:

This is a community condensation: IMO

I must be way beyond the curve, because I always figured if you treat me right I'll treat you right.   Why is that so hard to understand for black or white.? 

1 hour ago, squistion said:

No you are not, you are just being disingenuous.

No I'm not. I dont know if you are posting from a bunkbed like like thanks mom same old song guy and actually think this. I don't know you're age group

Luis V. Gutierrez @RepGutierrez · 7h7 hours ago

America is better than judging people by their ethnicity or where their parents or grandparents were born. ‪#‎IHM2016

Luis V. Gutierrez @RepGutierrez · 7h7 hours ago

America is better than judging people by their ethnicity or where their parents or grandparents were born. ‪#‎IHM2016

I agree.  I don't think that ever was the issue.

2 minutes ago, irishidiot said:

I agree.  I don't think that ever was the issue.

It is with Trump. From the conservative site RedState:

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/06/03/trump-doubles-racist-attacks-gonzalo-curiel-video/

Trump Doubles Down on Racist Attacks Against Gonzalo Curiel (VIDEO) [...]

CNN just now aired this clip of Trump with Jake Tapper, and you should watch it now in its entirety, because it is truly something to behold.

(video of Tapper interview with Trump at link)

Repeatedly, Trump makes the directly contradictory claims that a) he can have electoral success with Hispanic voters, and b) this judge cannot be trusted to rule fairly where is concerned because he is “Mexican” and Trump supports building a wall. The part of the human brain that controls logic is apparently missing in Trump’s, because if his position on the wall means that no Mexicans can do anything other than hate him, then he is not going to win the Hispanic vote.

But more to the point, Tapper asks him, twice, the most important and self evident question ever: “You say he cannot do his job because he’s Mexican. Isn’t that the dictionary definition of racism?” The first time Trump stumbles around the question. The second time, he answers “I don’t think so,” but never offers a reason why.

Free hint for Trump: yes it is the dictionary definition of racism. If you don’t understand that, maybe that’s why you are under the mistaken belief that you are not a racist.

1 hour ago, squistion said:

It is with Trump. From the conservative site RedState:

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/06/03/trump-doubles-racist-attacks-gonzalo-curiel-video/

Trump Doubles Down on Racist Attacks Against Gonzalo Curiel (VIDEO) [...]

CNN just now aired this clip of Trump with Jake Tapper, and you should watch it now in its entirety, because it is truly something to behold.

(video of Tapper interview with Trump at link)

Repeatedly, Trump makes the directly contradictory claims that a) he can have electoral success with Hispanic voters, and b) this judge cannot be trusted to rule fairly where is concerned because he is “Mexican” and Trump supports building a wall. The part of the human brain that controls logic is apparently missing in Trump’s, because if his position on the wall means that no Mexicans can do anything other than hate him, then he is not going to win the Hispanic vote.

But more to the point, Tapper asks him, twice, the most important and self evident question ever: “You say he cannot do his job because he’s Mexican. Isn’t that the dictionary definition of racism?” The first time Trump stumbles around the question. The second time, he answers “I don’t think so,” but never offers a reason why.

Free hint for Trump: yes it is the dictionary definition of racism. If you don’t understand that, maybe that’s why you are under the mistaken belief that you are not a racist.

Mexicans are not a race.

36 minutes ago, Jim11 said:

Mexicans are not a race.

True. But Donald has beaten around the racism bush by previously saying Curiel " happens to be Spanish" or calling him "Hispanic". He's a Hoosier who was born in east Chicago. What's the point Donald?

By the way, Curiel is a former prosecutor whose was life was threatened by a Mexican cartel due to a heroin smuggling case. I don't think any Republicans are backing up Trump at all on this case.   

10 hours ago, squistion said:

Yep, he really said it:

Taking this at face value, ethnic hatred and nationalism is actually worse than racism. Ask Yugoslavia or a myriad of countries where we have seen wars and civil wars over ethnicity. This is something new and horrible in America and creates a problem where there was none. 

Edited by SaintsInDome2006