What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

David or Bowman? (1 Viewer)

SCT

Footballguy

I have Bowman, a rival owner has L David and wants to trade straight up simply because he's a Niners fan. At first glance, I thought it was a no-brainer but then the more I look at it the colder my feet get. Yes David is two years younger and has not blown out his knee yet but he is an outside guy and has the rookie from last year coming on strong to steal tackles. Bowman is inside and pretty much cleans up everything. Also our scoring rules are pretty typical, one point per tackle three points for an interception or sack. It looks to me like almost everybody projects David for 20 les tackles than Bowman but a couple more sacks and or pics. Since those are so much harder to predict and tackles are really the meat and potatoes of IDP in our PPR league with only two IDP players, am I crazy to pass up on this and just keep Bowman?

I prefer Bowman, but wouldn't be sad having either.  I expect Bowman to be on the field more, due to a weaker offense.  I also expect Bowman to have less competition for tackles than David.  (David dropped off a bit in the per-game numbers with Kwon coming on, and that DL is pretty solid as well.)

Were I in your shoes I'd decline the straight-up trade, but offer him a deal of Bowman for David plus some lower tier player you covet from his squad.  Since he's a Niners fan, he may go for it.  (And if he does, it's a good indication he was playing you with the "niners fan" angle...take notes of that in your owner profile for future dealings with him.)

I would put Bowman ahead of David due to lack of competition for tackles and worse team so he should be on the field much more.  I would be worried about Alexander taking opportunities away from David even more this year.  I had David last year and he was fairly disappointing for the first half of the season because Alexander was all over the place.  David didn't really kick it into gear until Alexander missed 4 games due to a suspension.

I would decline the straight up offer but as Arodin pointed out if there is something else on his team you want you could counter with that offer.  Obviously, don't go too overboard on the extra piece as these guys are fairly close.  I just think Bowman is clearly in a better position.

Either or should be solid, but as usual depends maybe on how your league scores. In our league David has scored higher than Bowman the last three years: 2015 ranked second to only Watt; 2014 ranked 3rd to Watt and Levy, and in 2013 was the number one overall IDP player. Bowman ranked 6th last year, and 3rd in 2013. 

Fortunately for me I have both of them, and Kuechly  as my starting linebackers :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread