What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

INJURED RESERVE spot in leagues........... (1 Viewer)

TZMarkie

Footballguy
 Wondering if anyone may have or could point me to an "injured reserve" list, at least to start the season.

I have a fantasy draft tonight, and I just found out minutes ago that it will be including an "IR" spot. (It isa standard Yahoo league)

Just wondering if anyone has a list of the top 6-8 IR candidates that you would actually consider drafting and stashing, at this point.

I was effectively blindsided by this, and  I haven't played in any league where this has been a factor in many years.

Thanks,  TZM

Sorry I can't help and unfortunately, a lot of the players that are currently injured and will end up on IR haven't been designated yet by their teams.

Thanks for any help.

The only one I can think of that may be semi-relevant in this 10 team league I am in might be Dion Lewis.

(unless of course your basic "suspended" players can be placed on IR, like Brady,Josh Gordon, L. Bell, etc. etc.)

TZM

Dion Lewis only one of any note that comes to mind.  FWIW, the league I commish doesn't allow anyone on IR that isn't officially NFL IR.  So Brady/Gordon etc wouldn't be allowed to be stashed there.  Not sure if yahoo is the same..

I think that list above should show you the players actually designated.  I did notice some league-mates using that IR slot for PUP players this weekend after drafting, and went to check the rules - since you're also in a Yahoo League:  https://help.yahoo.com/kb/fantasy-football/sln6425.html

It has one line that reflects how I seem to remember it from year's past:  "Players will be made eligible for Fantasy Football's IR position once they're placed there in real life."  Basically, per that line, someone has to be on IR in the NFL to use that slot in Yahoo.

I'm not sure if it was updated this year, or somewhere along the line and I just didn't notice it, but it also has a section about specific statuses that let you use that slot, which contradicts that, as it expands the eligibility out:

Players with one of the following statuses are eligible to be added to your team's IR roster spot:

• IR (Injured Reserve)
  • O (Out)
  • PUP (Physically Unable to Perform)
There's a built-in control to try to keep it from being abused (can't make ANY roster moves, that result in you adding someone to your team, if someone loses one of those statuses and you leave them in the IR slot), but with that larger definition, it'll make take some internal policing if your league's intent is that only TRUE IR players get to use it. (E.T.A clarification of the penalty.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't Tyler Eifert supposed to be out for the first 4-6 weeks?  That may be a stash that can help you down the stretch.  

Users who are viewing this thread