What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (4 Viewers)

My team seriously ####ed up.  I thought I was coasting in for a win after Saturday having Hopkins score 50 points and opponent's K. Allen score 0, but then the Atlanta Falcons do me dirty and score 43 points, Damien Williams scores 29 and Josh Samuels scores 22, while Rodgers, JuJu and Jared Cook all put up stinkers.  Now I'm sitting at 142.5 vs 114.5 with only Curtis Samuel left and about to get booted out of the playoffs, ####.  Insult to injury is I had Hunt and Ware, who I carried all year, but didn't pick up Williams because he was JAG.

Was a good run...and will still score a good amount of points.  I just happen to be on the wrong side of the bracket.

Other semi final game was won 83 to 60something.

Im in the 90s with Samuel left tonight at WR...other guy in the 80s with kamara left and should beat me. 

Nice week from D. Williams and Rivers...DJ wasn't great but gave me good points...Boyd was good before injury (which opens up part of the pissed part here)...but Gostkowski, Houston D, LIndsay and Kittle disappointed (nobody in their right mind would have sat the last two for guys like Samuels and Gus...but doing so would have probably won my game).

The real pisser of it all was I was sitting pretty after Thursday...he had Hill and Badgley do very little...but racked up from Matt Ryan and Joe Mixon.  And the true nut knocker was he has been awful with defenses all year, Atlanta terrible defensively all year, he picks them up and they go for 20.

12-2 record, third in scoring, #1 seed... and put up the 2nd lowest score of the year in the entire league.  The lowest score of the year came from a guy with two players on bye in his lineup.

Goff, Fournette, A.Jones, Adam "Kirk Cousins won't throw to me anymore" Thielen, JuJu, Kittle, J.White (subbing for OBJ), Lutz, Rams

Also Doug Baldwin can piss off.  Carried that bum all year long, drafted him way higher than I should have....  (I was between drafting him and JuJu...on the way up to make the pick, I was JuJu all the way, and at the last minute picked Baldwin and immediately regretted it, not that JuJu would have helped me yesterday...but thats a different story).  dropped him a couple weeks ago for Ware and he goes off like this now.

Also...kicking myself as I was choosing to pick up Samuel who I have going tonight or Robert Foster...would like those Foster points right about now, but hoping Samuel somehow surpasses him and gets enough for me to beat out Kamara tonight.

McCaffrey now gets passing points and yards against me. Its not enough he runs and catches.  WTH the fantasy Gods are cruel 

All I needed was an average game from my team, but Miller, Cook, T. Hill, and Ebron all stunk it up. As usual I go out in the first week. 

So here is a new one.  Facing my brother in the semifinals (I’m 1 seed and he’s 4 seed).  Yahoo is still showing us tied at 112.00 to 112.00 (decimal scoring).  I win the tiebreaker as the higher seed yet for some reason yahoo has my brother at 100% winning.  I manually counted the points and I only have 111.00 even though yahoo is showing 112.  Oh and had Lamar Miller not gotten hurt, I would have won.

Last edited by a moderator:
Luck?  My opponent scored the second fewest points in the 26 year history of this 12 team league.  35.5 points (with 14 players - qb, 2 rb, 3 wr/te, k, 2 dl, 2 lb, 2 db, and 1 flex idp). 

That's 2,028 regular season games, 232 playoff games for a total of 2,260 games or 4,520 lineups submitted over 26 years - and he scored the second lowest single week of any of those 4,520 lineup submitted.  And he had a damn good team that was 12-2 coming into the week.

The good: Benched Winston and Brate because I didn't like the matchup. Helped me move on to the title game in that league. 

The bad: Had to pick two out of Samuels, Zay Jones and Mike Williams. Guess which one I sat? Cost me another shot at a title. 

The ugly: Will finish with most points but a losing record in a third league that pays nothing for most points. 

So here is a new one.  Facing my brother in the semifinals (I’m 1 seed and he’s 4 seed).  Yahoo is still showing us tied at 112.00 to 112.00 (decimal scoring).  I win the tiebreaker as the higher seed yet for some reason yahoo has my brother at 100% winning.  I manually counted the points and I only have 111.00 even though yahoo is showing 112.  Oh and had Lamar Miller not gotten hurt, I would have won.
Hold out till Thursday morning and hope a stat correction goes your way!

Never give up!

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, wouldn't it be a Merry Christmas?" 

Would have won last week had I started Alshon instead of Golden, but went with the trend. Would have won the semis this week. Oh well.

Started out 0-2 and 11th place, finished 8-5 and #3 seed. But 5th place is about right, my best guys faded in the closing weeks. Honestly thought it was one of the best RB/WR groups I have ever put together:

Chubb / Cohen / Cook / Edwards / Kerryon / Lindsay

AB / Hilton / Jeffrey / Tate

Forward down the field...

all of my players are dead, but i made it to the finals

my list of out/walking wounded (keeper league):

IR:

Freeman, Green, Kupp, Olsen

Out/likely out:

Fournette, Beckham, Boyd, Cobb, Newton

basically an entire starting roster.  half of my starters this week are likely to be waiver wire pickups.  wtf

Very frustrated.  #4 seed took out the #1 and #2 (me) seeds.  #4 has won 6 games (including the last two weeks); so was a 4-win team before playoffs started.  I started Pahomes, Fournette, Chubb, Edelman, Thielen, Gronk, Cohen, Tucker and Bears.  Set my lowest score of year and #4 seed even had Allen with a big fat zero.  Did not have a perfect line-up as I sat Mack who would have won the game for me.

The difference maker for #4 was his Kicker, Fairbairn who put 5 thru, AND 4 of them were over 40+ yards (bonus points).   Seems the Fantasy gods hate me.  

This year's Superbowl is being played by BOTH of the #4 seeds.  Double-WTF.

Still going to fight it out for 3rd (moneyline).   

Good Luck to all playing for the trophy this week and as well as those fighting for 3rd...

My best record most points scored team needed 9 points from Brees. His int on that 2 point try cost me $400.

In my double flex 10 starter league I'm in the finals starting 3 players that I drafted. Kind of crazy.

My best record most points scored team needed 9 points from Brees. His int on that 2 point try cost me $400.

In my double flex 10 starter league I'm in the finals starting 3 players that I drafted. Kind of crazy.
Had Brees too. Up 8 vs McCaffrey

Only needed one td to win 

Lost by 5 

On Monday night, I was down 8 pts and my opponent had Brees. I had Kamara. I knew that I'd only win with a Kamara TD and nothing from Brees. And it actually worked! Still can't believe that happened, and I was sweating it out until the end. 

Holy crap. Started the wrong QB, wrong DEF and squeaked out a win by 0.5!
Just dawned on me a couple days later - our league gives a 2-point bonus for TDs >= 50 yards.  CMC's TD pass was exactly 50 yards, meaning if they had gained one more yard prior to that play, it's only a 49-yard pass, he gets 4 points for the TD rather than 6, and I LOSE.

On Monday night, I was down 8 pts and my opponent had Brees. I had Kamara. I knew that I'd only win with a Kamara TD and nothing from Brees. And it actually worked! Still can't believe that happened, and I was sweating it out until the end. 
In one of our semifinals - the 3 seed was down to the 7 seed by 9 heading into MNF with Brees and Lutz remaining (opponent done).  Should have been an EASY comeback - all it took was a couple FGS from Lutz and 1 td from Brees.....and in our league no yardage points until 250 yards (+3).  If Brees had thrown for 49 more yards or if he had thrown or run for 1 td.  Instead Brees got -1 and Lutz for 7 and the #7 seed advances by 3 points.

I recently posted about the Brees int costing me $$. Turns out, a stat correction put me back on top, but I didn't realize it until after waivers had run. The part that kills me is that someone else dropped most of their roster onto waivers to throw a consolation game for a better draft pick next year. His starting lineup is projected for 10 points. So, the guy I'm playing in the championship game got to combine 2 entire rosters to face me.

The part that kills me is that someone else dropped most of their roster onto waivers to throw a consolation game for a better draft pick next year. His starting lineup is projected for 10 points. So, the guy I'm playing in the championship game got to combine 2 entire rosters to face me.
That ain't right.  You need to update the rules in your league to prevent this from ever happening again.  My league is somewhat tough in where all rosters are locked after WK-13; so no add/drops during playoffs at all.  

Juju.....I wouldn't be so upset if it was a 1 o'clock game.  I think he literally is my only 4 o'clock WR.  So I need to decide lol

Next year i have to do everything in my power to save bid bucks for the playoffs. My opponent picked up Robby Anderson and Titans defense and they have combined for 32 points already. So sick to lose to week 16 waiver pickups when I had a great year. 

shadyridr said:
Next year i have to do everything in my power to save bid bucks for the playoffs. My opponent picked up Robby Anderson and Titans defense and they have combined for 32 points already. So sick to lose to week 16 waiver pickups when I had a great year. 
Even keeping a few dollars aside for emergency is worthwhile.  Don't want to face an opponent that has $3 left over while you have $0 and they get their first 3 picks of the free agent litter and you're otherwise helpless to do anything about it.

belljr said:
Juju.....I wouldn't be so upset if it was a 1 o'clock game.  I think he literally is my only 4 o'clock WR.  So I need to decide lol
I need him to reinjure his groin in 1st drive

Stupidly started allen over cousins
I picked up Foles 30 minutes before kickoff thinking... "I really ought to start him over Allen.  I know what happens to Bills QBs when they face Belichick.  I'm a Bills fan.  I know he'll self-destruct.  I know he won't be able to run.  This is clearly the correct play.  Houston's D has been easy pickings of late.  So what if Foles hasn't had a good fantasy game all year.  He would have had one last week had he not given the RBs all the scores."

Couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger.

This is why I never draft Bills in fantasy.

Up against D. Watson, 2 rushing TD's and 2 Passing TD's. Still got a shot. He started Gurley and didn't swap out for CJ whom he picked up.

+35 with two games left - but...he has Baldwin/Lockett/KJ Wright/Von Miller/Ron Parker (who was just marked inactive!) - and I have Tyreek/Lindsay/McDougald.  Low scoring non-wr game would be ideal but that is not what we're going to get.

+19.5 now his Von Miller vs my Phillip Lindsay - Commish (I think fairly) inserted Chung into opponents lineup when Parker was listed inactive (and my opponent had no other DBs remaining).  Now if I lose by that 5 points Chung scored I may be singing a different tune.

Chose Alshon over Anderson. Hemmed and hawed all Sunday. Decided to stick with Alshon instead of changing last minute. Cost me 15 points. We'll see if it costs me the title.

Also my opponent was able to use Samuels as a TE because Yahoo. But I'm not bitter.😡

By no means did I have the best squad in my long time redraft this year; started slow, finished #3 seed.

Lost the first round by 4, starting Golden Tate over Alshon Jeffrey cost my 15.30.

Won the 5th place game with high score of the week.

Sat this week out but the mythical lineup I would have started would have been high score again.

Forward

Ok I think it's safe.  

Dynasty league I'm in. Been in 12 years or so.  I took over a really bad team. Like my rb2 was emmitt Smith Cardinals bad.   Anyway,  3 of the past 4 seasons I lost in the championship.  I have a couple thirds and 4ths.  But FINALLY, up 70 he has Hill I feel I can announce, I won my first Championship!!!!  Never thought I was going to get any luck in that league lol.

My other 2 leagues I made a "statement".  I was this close to just quitting this year and not real into it.   So I drafted my teams and haven't made one pickup all season.  I lost by 2 pts in the semis last week.  And would have won if I didn't make one dumb roster choice.  My other league looks like I will finish one place out of the money (16 week season) top 4 get money, no playoffs.   Skill indeed :P :)

I perennially have a top 4 team and always seem to end up 3rd after my teams crapping the bed in the semifinals. 

This year had a bad semifinals again but had an opponent do the same and the rest of the league knew it was their only chance. 

Finished 13-1 and only lost because of Crosby’s 5 miss game. Same team to give me the one loss takes the loss in the finals. #ship

Users who are viewing this thread