Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Maurile Tremblay

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving...

Recommended Posts

I'm just here to vent that RedZone is showing an inordinate amount of this stupid Jets/Bills game today.  Two crappy teams that no one cares about in an 8-0 game and it's like 40% of the screen time.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my main dynasty league this off-season, I traded away Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, and Ronald Jones, and cut Mariota. Jones just outscored both my starters combined (Mixon and Freeman), Mariota did something, Watkins balled out, and Allen did what he always does. Meanwhile, Mike Evans (who I acquired last week) did next to nothing along with my RBs.

 

At least I have Hockenson and AJ Brown on my taxi squad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not going to complain about having Lamar Jackson, Sammy Watkins, Marlon Mack, and Michael Gallup on my bench, because I stand behind my thought process for who I started over all of them.  

What I will complain about is getting my ### kicked because my opponent started Larry Fitzgerald and John Brown against me.

Also, I’m hoping my love of Kerryon Johnson in the draft process hasn’t bitten me in the ###, because he looked bad most of the game, with little involvement in the passing game.  Not to mention all of the work by Anderson, Mckissic, etc.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drafted Mike Evans and could have had Keenan Allen.  I love Allen year after year...not sure why I made the bonehead move.  Hopefully at the very least, TB throws the ball a lot this year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first three picks got knocked out: Juju/Tyreek/Mixon. Getting smoked, as my opponent went off, but a normal day from those three would have my within shouting distance with Lutz going tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have Tyreek in 2 leagues, Foles in one.  Guessing neither one will be out long enough to go on IR, meaning I'll have to drop someone else if I want to pick up a FA.  (Neither league allows IR for "out" designation, only for actual IR/PUP)

Also have Westbrook as a backup WR in both leagues, which looks a bit less attractive now that Gardner ####### Minshew is going to be throwing the ball.  He looked OK yesterday but probably won't feed Dede as much as Foles would have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, heckmanm said:

Have Tyreek in 2 leagues, Foles in one.  Guessing neither one will be out long enough to go on IR, meaning I'll have to drop someone else if I want to pick up a FA.  (Neither league allows IR for "out" designation, only for actual IR/PUP)

Also have Westbrook as a backup WR in both leagues, which looks a bit less attractive now that Gardner ####### Minshew is going to be throwing the ball.  He looked OK yesterday but probably won't feed Dede as much as Foles would have.

Also, Foles was my QB3 in a superflex league along with Goff and Winston :X 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in a league with a double superflex.  And man, I thought my QBs sucked going into the season, and it was going to haunt me.

My 3QBs are......Prescott, Stafford and Mariota.  1038 yds passing and 10 TDs between them, for 87 points, on the way to crushing my opponent in Week 1.  Maybe they won't be so bad.

:shock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watkins on the bench for Michel.

 

could have flirted with setting the all time high score if not for that.  Would have been

Lamar jackson

Henry

Ekeler

Hopkins (still to go)

Juju

Sammy watkins (flex over Michell)

Evan engram

Lutz (still to go)

Rams D

 

 

Edited by rugcleaner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 straight titles in my 26 year old redraft league.

This year the draft was the day after my Dad's kidney transplant, needless to say I did almost no prep.

Did alright but not great....but in Game 1 I lose my #1 wr Tyreek Hill; I bench Damien Williams for Tevin Coleman (looked good on paper) and had my #1 LB get ejected after only two tackles.  Barring a miracle comeback from Brees, Lindsay, Lutz and JJ Watt tonight I will lose to last years worst team.  Ughhh.  Not even worried about the loss - more worried about the prolonged absence of Hill and now no depth at RB.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr. Know-It-All said:

3 straight titles in my 26 year old redraft league.

This year the draft was the day after my Dad's kidney transplant, needless to say I did almost no prep.

Did alright but not great....but in Game 1 I lose my #1 wr Tyreek Hill; I bench Damien Williams for Tevin Coleman (looked good on paper) and had my #1 LB get ejected after only two tackles.  Barring a miracle comeback from Brees, Lindsay, Lutz and JJ Watt tonight I will lose to last years worst team.  Ughhh.  Not even worried about the loss - more worried about the prolonged absence of Hill and now no depth at RB.  

Hope your Dad is on the mend

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point in my main dynasty league a full 1/3 of my roster was out or ended up hurt today.  I’ve never had anything like this happen before. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was up 3 with 50 seconds left in the game. Watson drives team down in 2 plays giving saints ball back and Lutz career long FG beats me. Sickening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was down 2.16 before the Saints 2nd to last possession.  After the bomb to Ginn and the FG made it 27-21, I was down .82.  I had Brees, he had Duke....thought I was toast.  Two sweet Watson passes later and I had a chance.  Brees first pass got me to .32 and the 2nd pass put me up .10, last pass made it .48  I was actually sweating lol

It was the toilet bowl game of the week too, I had 2nd lowest points, he had lowest haha

I'm completely expecting some stat correction to screw me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 1 of 4 this week.

 In my biggest league, these are the 3 starting WRs I trotted out. TYREEK HILL, JUJU SMITH-SCHUSTER and ANTHONY MILLER.

Yep, all three hurt.   :wall: It was a fun season.  

 

Well, JuJu is coming back, and my RBs are good, and I just picked up TJ HOCKENSON , time to make a run.

 

TZM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 team Dynasty PPR start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex D and kicker

8th year of a friends league, IDK what I did but must have pissed off the fantasy gods. Have a stud team based off of almost always trading my first round rookie pick (this years went fast, traded Lindsay and my first for Chris Carson) and being a step ahead of everyone else on late round guys (ended up with Kupp at 2.10 his rookie year, Cohen as a FA right after the rookie draft and Lindsay last year as a 4th rounder).

Well here’s the team that has finished 2nd and 3rd the last 2 years and now started this year 0-1 against the team that had the #2 pick.

Mahomes (also had Luck), Le’Veon Bell, Joe Mixon, Julio Jones, Mike Evans, Odell Beckham Jr, OJ Howard, Chris Carson, Cooper Kupp. Then have AJ Green and Tarik Cohen on my bench. Projected for over 200 and a 50 point favorite, score 149 and lose by 4 points

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2019 at 12:04 PM, rugcleaner said:

Watkins on the bench for Michel.

 

could have flirted with setting the all time high score if not for that.  Would have been

Lamar jackson

Henry

Ekeler

Hopkins (still to go)

Juju

Sammy watkins (flex over Michell)

Evan engram

Lutz (still to go)

Rams D

 

 

would have set all time high score by 1 point starting Watkins over Michel in the flex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A tale as old as time. Put up 128 in Standard formats, the highest score in the league this week... except for my opponent, who put up 145.

 

Head to head hurts my soul sometimes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My team:

Foles as backup in a deep league with no QBs on the waiver wire

Derwin James IR

Hunter Henry OUT and probably done

OJ Howard invisible

Building for the future so of course I have Jordan Thomas and Warring... oh wait, both on IR!

Hakeem Butler as rookie pick and now IR

Derrius Guice will save the day, oh wait

At least I had the privilege of facing an owner starting Desean Jackson and Tom Brady in week 1.

Time to rebound!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you had Joey Slye against Mike Evans and Christian McCaffrey this week, you are exactly tied right now...and feeling good....😎

Edited by joffer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, joffer said:

If you had Joey Slye against Mike Evans and Christian McCaffrey this week, you are exactly tied right now...and feeling good....😎

I was close to a 30 point dog heading into this week facing McCaffrey and Evans.  After Thursday night I am still a dog, but at least a dog with a chance.  My team sucks and the guy I'm playing is the prohibitive favorite to win the league - but miracles happen....right?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three straight championships so I was due for some bad luck this year...but this is ridiculous:

QB1 - Brees

RB1 - Damien WIlliams

RB2 - Tevin Coleman

WR1 - Tyreek Hill

 

somehow am 1-1 instead of 0-2 thanks to a lucky win last week; but will be lucky to win four games with this MASH unit.

So now I'll have Garopollo, Lindsay, Malcolm Brown, and Marqiseu Brown in place of those four.  Yikes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Needed to win and foolishly freaked and dropped Sanders this morning in case Hardman went off. Go figure Sanders does and I’m screwed as he won’t clear waivers. 0-2 and also without Gordon and Tyreek.

Other league, defending champ with a very solid team that’ll be 0-2 shortly after running into the Watkins buzzsaw week 1 and a 45 point freaking defense this week. 

😡

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Julio catch plus the 37 the Pats D scored will likely kill me barring a big day from the Browns D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The worst start to a fantasy season that I've ever had in my life.  But I guess that's going to happen when your first 4 picks are Conner, Mixon, Edelman and R. Woods.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, fred_1_15301 said:

The worst start to a fantasy season that I've ever had in my life.  But I guess that's going to happen when your first 4 picks are Conner, Mixon, Edelman and R. Woods.  

I hear you. So far, my roster has included:

Tyreek Hill

Damien Williams

Tevin Coleman

DeSean Jackson

Michael Gallup

Devin Singletary

And those are just the guys who I have that had injuries. 

Edited by IheartGuinness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started: Sproles and Westbrook (0.8 combined)

Sat: Deebo and D Robinson (44.6 combined)

Lost by 1.7.  Getting 5.3 out of CMC on Thursday didn't help, either. (Nor did losing Tyreek, Guice and Hunter Henry in week 1)

Edited by heckmanm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mr. Know-It-All said:

Three straight championships so I was due for some bad luck this year...but this is ridiculous:

QB1 - Brees

RB1 - Damien WIlliams

RB2 - Tevin Coleman

WR1 - Tyreek Hill

 

somehow am 1-1 instead of 0-2 thanks to a lucky win last week; but will be lucky to win four games with this MASH unit.

So now I'll have Garopollo, Lindsay, Malcolm Brown, and Marqiseu Brown in place of those four.  Yikes.

Oh crap - so I wake up this morning to the news that Gallup is also facing an MRI.  On the bright side, it will make it extremely easy to punt this season and play for draft positioning...after only two weeks.  When it rains it pours.

Fair warning - that means that Thielen and Ross are also in for injuries within the next few weeks so my entire starting lineup will be hurt.

 

Edited by Mr. Know-It-All

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I barely watch the NFL and rarely check on my team....

I think my lawn could use a good edging

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my two big money leagues Pat's D and Lamar combined for 67 alone resulting in easy wins

My smaller league: was up 4 with Julio left against his Ertz, D. Jackson, Jeffrey, and Browns D. Up 15 now after Julio dropped 22 and him getting two goose eggs from his wrs. Browns D could cover but it's hilarious I have a good shot in that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted somewhere prior but still regretting drafting Mike Evans over Keenan Allen.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CobaltCruisin' said:

I have Brees and Big Ben.  No Mercy Great White lg.  0-2.

 

sigh

😖

Same boat.  The vultures are circling with trade offers (all bad).  Ugh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got OBJ'd. Tantalizingly quiet and then 90 yard TD while on cruise control. Best part is I'd have still won if Sony didn't have his second TD stolen from him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was up by 11.5 and opponent had only Browns D.

Jets were down multiple scores so went for it and gave up a field goal opportunity that would have dropped Browns D score by 3.

I'm up by 1 in the 4th quarter and Jets making their best drive to score some points and give me a little room (reduce Browns score by 3) and Bell fumbles along the sideline... in bounds, and opponent goes up by 1 and game ends that way.  :wall:

Edited by Lehigh98

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN's "updated" FF platform and their constant maintenance is super annoying. I'll be moving to Yahoo next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drafted L. Jackson as depth behind Mahomes. Got Davante Adams and Kelce for Jackson and D. Henry. 

PPR LINEUP(!!) 2/2 + Flex

QB: Mahomes/Allen

RB: McCaffery/Ekeler/Carson/M. Brown/Hyde/Mattison/J. Jackson

WR: Adams/Hilton/A. Brown (oops)/MVS/Sutton

TE: Kelce/H. Henry

Pretty excited about it! (Now need to work on WR trades since Brown got cut today)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on a dynasty lottery ticket roll right now. 

Have Keeshon, Preston, McLaurin, Dionte, Chark, John Ross, Brissett, and Minshew. 

I made a conscious effort to consolidate value and free up extra roster spots thinking this was a really deep rookie class, and it's paying off big so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little vent...  I think it's really annoying get get a rude message about the offer being horrible in response to a trade offer. 

I always check my offers with more than 1 trade analyzer before I send to make sure it's not way off, so I know it isn't worthy of your laughter.  

Once you have done this I am almost certainly done sending you trade offers, so you will never get the reverse offer that you think is amazing rather than horrible and want to smash accept. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

A little vent...  I think it's really annoying get get a rude message about the offer being horrible in response to a trade offer. 

I always check my offers with more than 1 trade analyzer before I send to make sure it's not way off, so I know it isn't worthy of your laughter.  

Once you have done this I am almost certainly done sending you trade offers, so you will never get the reverse offer that you think is amazing rather than horrible and want to smash accept. 

Same, I’m in a 12 team dynasty league with friends from high school, used to be super active and that’s how I was able to build a very good team. Now that team is still very good but there’s only probably 4-8 trades a year and most of them are actually with me because I’m fine giving up extra because the team is very solid and it’s more of a fun league for me then serious.

One trade I did last year was I gave Keenan Allen and a first for Julio, obviously in dynasty usually you don’t give up the younger stud and a pick for the older one but I liked Julio’s chances to help me more then Keenan was going to last year plus I hadn’t owned Julio before and wanted to.

Well yesterday I reached out to the Barkley owner who has a terrible team, has basically been a bottom 3 team for 4 years now but does have some young talent finally but will still be bottom 3 this year. Offered him Mixon and Evans based on I’d rather have Barkleys production than the spotty inconsistent of the other 2. Figured he would turn it down saying it’s close but not good enough and then would have offered to include either OJ howard or my first round pick with them but never got the chance because he replied with “Ive gotten some terrible offers for Barkley but this one probably takes the cake for the worst one”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bfrahm3 said:

Same, I’m in a 12 team dynasty league with friends from high school, used to be super active and that’s how I was able to build a very good team. Now that team is still very good but there’s only probably 4-8 trades a year and most of them are actually with me because I’m fine giving up extra because the team is very solid and it’s more of a fun league for me then serious.

One trade I did last year was I gave Keenan Allen and a first for Julio, obviously in dynasty usually you don’t give up the younger stud and a pick for the older one but I liked Julio’s chances to help me more then Keenan was going to last year plus I hadn’t owned Julio before and wanted to.

Well yesterday I reached out to the Barkley owner who has a terrible team, has basically been a bottom 3 team for 4 years now but does have some young talent finally but will still be bottom 3 this year. Offered him Mixon and Evans based on I’d rather have Barkleys production than the spotty inconsistent of the other 2. Figured he would turn it down saying it’s close but not good enough and then would have offered to include either OJ howard or my first round pick with them but never got the chance because he replied with “Ive gotten some terrible offers for Barkley but this one probably takes the cake for the worst one”

Haha that is so frustrating.  I always consider sending them screenshots of multiple trade calculators showing fairly even... Then I take the high road and just mark in my owner notes not to bother sending offers to that owner anymore. 

The worst is when they try to one up you or something by sending back a horrendous counter offer.  If you don't like the deal but liked the player, just politely decline or counter back with what you think is the right value like a mature adult. If it doesn't result in a deal, no biggie. 

Edited by kittenmittens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up against Allen/Evans in 1 league, Mahomes/Ingram in the other. Goff/Cooks for me in both so hoping for a shootout tonight 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.