Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Maurile Tremblay

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving...

Bell fumble almost cost me. Won by .18. hoping for no scoring adjustments mid-week.

Drafted L. Jackson as depth behind Mahomes. Got Davante Adams and Kelce for Jackson and D. Henry. 

PPR LINEUP(!!) 2/2 + Flex

QB: Mahomes/Allen

RB: McCaffery/Ekeler/Carson/M. Brown/Hyde/Mattison/J. Jackson

WR: Adams/Hilton/A. Brown (oops)/MVS/Sutton

TE: Kelce/H. Henry

Pretty excited about it! (Now need to work on WR trades since Brown got cut today)

I'm on a dynasty lottery ticket roll right now. 

Have Keeshon, Preston, McLaurin, Dionte, Chark, John Ross, Brissett, and Minshew. 

I made a conscious effort to consolidate value and free up extra roster spots thinking this was a really deep rookie class, and it's paying off big so far. 

A little vent...  I think it's really annoying get get a rude message about the offer being horrible in response to a trade offer. 

I always check my offers with more than 1 trade analyzer before I send to make sure it's not way off, so I know it isn't worthy of your laughter.  

Once you have done this I am almost certainly done sending you trade offers, so you will never get the reverse offer that you think is amazing rather than horrible and want to smash accept. 

10 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

A little vent...  I think it's really annoying get get a rude message about the offer being horrible in response to a trade offer. 

I always check my offers with more than 1 trade analyzer before I send to make sure it's not way off, so I know it isn't worthy of your laughter.  

Once you have done this I am almost certainly done sending you trade offers, so you will never get the reverse offer that you think is amazing rather than horrible and want to smash accept. 

Same, I’m in a 12 team dynasty league with friends from high school, used to be super active and that’s how I was able to build a very good team. Now that team is still very good but there’s only probably 4-8 trades a year and most of them are actually with me because I’m fine giving up extra because the team is very solid and it’s more of a fun league for me then serious.

One trade I did last year was I gave Keenan Allen and a first for Julio, obviously in dynasty usually you don’t give up the younger stud and a pick for the older one but I liked Julio’s chances to help me more then Keenan was going to last year plus I hadn’t owned Julio before and wanted to.

Well yesterday I reached out to the Barkley owner who has a terrible team, has basically been a bottom 3 team for 4 years now but does have some young talent finally but will still be bottom 3 this year. Offered him Mixon and Evans based on I’d rather have Barkleys production than the spotty inconsistent of the other 2. Figured he would turn it down saying it’s close but not good enough and then would have offered to include either OJ howard or my first round pick with them but never got the chance because he replied with “Ive gotten some terrible offers for Barkley but this one probably takes the cake for the worst one”

5 minutes ago, Bfrahm3 said:

Same, I’m in a 12 team dynasty league with friends from high school, used to be super active and that’s how I was able to build a very good team. Now that team is still very good but there’s only probably 4-8 trades a year and most of them are actually with me because I’m fine giving up extra because the team is very solid and it’s more of a fun league for me then serious.

One trade I did last year was I gave Keenan Allen and a first for Julio, obviously in dynasty usually you don’t give up the younger stud and a pick for the older one but I liked Julio’s chances to help me more then Keenan was going to last year plus I hadn’t owned Julio before and wanted to.

Well yesterday I reached out to the Barkley owner who has a terrible team, has basically been a bottom 3 team for 4 years now but does have some young talent finally but will still be bottom 3 this year. Offered him Mixon and Evans based on I’d rather have Barkleys production than the spotty inconsistent of the other 2. Figured he would turn it down saying it’s close but not good enough and then would have offered to include either OJ howard or my first round pick with them but never got the chance because he replied with “Ive gotten some terrible offers for Barkley but this one probably takes the cake for the worst one”

Haha that is so frustrating.  I always consider sending them screenshots of multiple trade calculators showing fairly even... Then I take the high road and just mark in my owner notes not to bother sending offers to that owner anymore. 

The worst is when they try to one up you or something by sending back a horrendous counter offer.  If you don't like the deal but liked the player, just politely decline or counter back with what you think is the right value like a mature adult. If it doesn't result in a deal, no biggie. 

Edited by kittenmittens

Up against Allen/Evans in 1 league, Mahomes/Ingram in the other. Goff/Cooks for me in both so hoping for a shootout tonight 

Looking like my worst fantasy year so far.  One 0-3 is just rebuilding and bad.  But otherwise a 1-2 and 0-3 (that features Saquon, Chubb, D Adams and Rodgers) that just aren't catching many breaks.  Oh well.

That meaningless untimed down might have cost me the W. He had Wilson and Dissly.  UGH

I am playing an owner who has started 0-4 (we play doubleheaders).    Superflex league, loses Cam Newton....who does he pick up?  Daniel Jones.  Guy loses Hunter Henry.....who does he pick up?  Greg Olsen.  Both of those guys scored 58.  I lost by 5.5.  Plus I probaly lost Barkley for a few weeks.

Fantasy football sucks sometimes.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, heckmanm said:

Up against Allen/Evans in 1 league, Mahomes/Ingram in the other. Goff/Cooks for me in both so hoping for a shootout tonight 

:X

Lowest point total in my league but I’m about to go 2-1.  Wait - I’m not sure if I’m venting or bragging here.

• Laughing 1

Already had James White hurt and Melvin Gordon on my team.  Lost Barkley and Brieda has a bye.  Malcolm Brown was my only healthy guy for next week.  I just picked up Chris Thompson....week 4 will be rough lol

Luckily I'm 3-0

After tonight’s game I will be 3-0 in both my leagues, and points leader in my dynasty superflex. 

Hopefully I didn’t just jinx them both. :pickle:

:sadbanana:

19 hours ago, Slapdash said:

Looking like my worst fantasy year so far.  One 0-3 is just rebuilding and bad.  But otherwise a 1-2 and 0-3 (that features Saquon, Chubb, D Adams and Rodgers) that just aren't catching many breaks.  Oh well.

I feel your pain - through 3 weeks now I am the lowest scoring team in a 12 team redraft - after having won the Championship the last three years and having the highest scoring team for the last three years.  My how the tables have turned.

Here was my drafted starting lineup

qb - Brees

rb - Damien WIlliams, Tevin Coleman, Lindsay and R Freeman were my depth

wr - Tyreek Hill, Thielen, Landry, Gallup

now I have Garopollo/Brissett at qb; Devonta Freeman (really awesome player this year) and Frank Gore (yep benched Lindsay this week); and WR is a crapfest this week I rolled out Thielin, Metcalf and Ross.

I am averaging 60 points per week where the league average is close to 90; and the last 3 years in the same scoring system I have averaged over 110.  So sad.

I am sure I am not the only, but Will Dissly's untimed down TD would be the primary reason for a very narrow defeat yesterday and an 0-3 start.  Ouch...

2nd highest score in the league this week, and of course I was playing the high-score :kicksrock:

I was down 3.5 going into MNF and he had Keenum going, so I actually took a small lead on a couple of occasions before Keenum settled down and threw a couple TDs late.  Needed them to bench him right after one of the TOs when he was around -4 points.

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 8:12 AM, heckmanm said:

2nd highest score in the league this week, and of course I was playing the high-score :kicksrock:

I can one up you!

I had the 3rd highest score last week, but I play doubleheaders, and faced the high score AND the second high score.  0-2 for that week.  And I lost Saquon to top if off.

1 hour ago, fightingillini said:

I can one up you!

I had the 3rd highest score last week, but I play doubleheaders, and faced the high score AND the second high score.  0-2 for that week.  And I lost Saquon to top if off.

Oof. I had a DH in my other league but fortunately I was the high score in that one.

Really frustrating that Wentz had 3 TDs and still only netted 20 points.

• Like 1

If you're looking for a giggle or to feel better that someone else is worse off than you, check my list of non-playing situations I got on my team this season.

-Melvin, AB, AJ Green, Hunter Henry, Cam, Mono Sam, Damien Williams, CJ Mosley (IDP league).

This is the kind of day that makes me wonder why I play FF, or even watch sports at all :lol: 

I am going to be knocked out of the FBG Subscriber contest.

I am going to have a terrible day at DFS.

I am going to lose my main season long league.

I have the Rams in my only survivor pool (currently trail Bucs 21-0) so that looks to be over.

:kicksrock: 

55 minutes ago, Steeler said:

This is the kind of day that makes me wonder why I play FF, or even watch sports at all :lol: 

I am going to be knocked out of the FBG Subscriber contest.

I am going to have a terrible day at DFS.

I am going to lose my main season long league.

I have the Rams in my only survivor pool (currently trail Bucs 21-0) so that looks to be over.

:kicksrock: 

You might make it in your survivor league one thing the Bucs are extremely good at is snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rustycolts said:

You might make it in your survivor league one thing the Bucs are extremely good at is snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory.

BA is the best coach in the Division. 

On 9/28/2019 at 3:42 AM, ShamrockPride said:

If you're looking for a giggle or to feel better that someone else is worse off than you, check my list of non-playing situations I got on my team this season.

-Melvin, AB, AJ Green, Hunter Henry, Cam, Mono Sam, Damien Williams, CJ Mosley (IDP league).

Welcome to the club:

Brees, D Williams, T Coleman, Tyreek Hill, M Gallup, Jarvis Landry.  It appears I have a knack for getting guys injured as even injury replacements I pick up get hurt.

here is what I "replaced" then with -

Garopollo/Brissett, Lindsay, Freeman, Metcalf, Ross (now also hurt), ???

I have no studs on my team - Thielen I have but he is not last years Thielen.  I do have Lutz.

Going to make for an interesting year as I try to stay competitive in spite of a 1-3 start.  I am sure Brissett and Garopollo will save the day...lol.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2019 at 9:41 AM, kittenmittens said:

Haha that is so frustrating.  I always consider sending them screenshots of multiple trade calculators showing fairly even... Then I take the high road and just mark in my owner notes not to bother sending offers to that owner anymore. 

The worst is when they try to one up you or something by sending back a horrendous counter offer.  If you don't like the deal but liked the player, just politely decline or counter back with what you think is the right value like a mature adult. If it doesn't result in a deal, no biggie. 

What frustrates me is when I send an offer with a note that says something like “interested in player X, seeing if you’d be willing to talk, feel free to counter, I’m looking for Y position and it seems to me you need Z, let me know if you’re interested at all in talking” and they just outright reject it, no counter, no reply. So now I’m left to wonder if they deem their guy untradeable, or have no interest in who I offered, or if I’m allowed to send a different offer, should I just not try with them anymore? 

i just have to say that i am now realizing that my change from Mecole Hardman to David Montgomery at 12:58 won the week for me.  I should have been really solid, but many of my top guys fell flat.  

I didn't want to miss out on a long Hardman TD again,  even though I figured that Montgomery was safer.  i actually posted it in the AC on Sunday morning and got two responses, one on each side, but decided that Montgomery was probably the right way to go.

Montgomery outscored Hardman 6.7 to -1.1, a spread of 7.8 points.  I ended up winning by 7.6 to keep the perfect season alive.

This game is all skill.

Week 1 ran into Watkins. Week 2 ran into NE D. Week 3 ran into top team off a lopsided trade in his favor. Week 4 he had Woods and Evans in the 55-40 shootout. This week, the guy is another huge Texans fan like I am and he’s got Watson and Fuller going. 

Here comes 0-5. 

Posted (edited)

Sat AR15 for MVS at the last minute 

Or is he AR12 now?

Edited by heckmanm

2 hours ago, Jayded said:

Week 1 ran into Watkins. Week 2 ran into NE D. Week 3 ran into top team off a lopsided trade in his favor. Week 4 he had Woods and Evans in the 55-40 shootout. This week, the guy is another huge Texans fan like I am and he’s got Watson and Fuller going. 

Here comes 0-5. 

I also faced Watson and Fuller combo, but he had McCaffrey as well. It was over before it started.

Let's see here........

Lost Gallman and Dorsett to injuries, both in the first quarter.

Evans catches no passes.

L Jackson had his worst game by far

Rodgers decides to hand the ball off to Jones for TDs

Just one of those weeks.  

Tyreek Hill out

AJ Green out

Watkins and Hilton questionable and playing tonight

Needed to cut Ross and play a WW receiver in case BOTH Hilton and Watkins are out

Welcome to my lineup Will Fuller! :)

one league started Thielen, Cupp, Boyd, and Chark :bowtie:

My 4-0 team is now 4-1.  Good team but couldnt overcome Wilson, McCaffrey, Thielen and Chark.

My 1-3 team has sucked all year - finally have a good week and run into Aaron Jones.  Gonna take a miracle from Brissett and Damien Williams.  Hell If I had Mahomes instead of Brissett I still wouldn't like my odds.

Bad weekend all around - but at least my Huskers took down MIGHTY Northwestern on a last second field goal.

3 hours ago, fightingillini said:

Let's see here........

Lost Gallman and Dorsett to injuries, both in the first quarter.

Evans catches no passes.

L Jackson had his worst game by far

Rodgers decides to hand the ball off to Jones for TDs

Just one of those weeks.  

Make it worse.  Lost Watkins in the 1st quarter.

My starting WRs in this league is Evans, Watkins and Dorsett.  Total points scored......zero.

Somebody in my league scored 210 points shattering our all time record. Had 3 players score 40+ (Wilson, CMC, jones)

Posted (edited)

This is too funny. I have 134 points currently in my longtime 12 team $$ league with Chubb still to go. Normally in my league 130+ points gets you a W 90% of the time maybe more. I had the misfortune tho of going against DWatson(58 pts), CMac(50) and the coup de grace WFuller(60 friggen points).  Those 3 alone combined for 168 points and even with Chubb still to go, I'd still lose.

Heck, his Texan combo by their lonesome almost beat my full team and I had some nice performances from the Kupp's, Boyd's, Carson's of the world. This opponent of mine  is done and ended up with 240 points which is an all-time record. That's fantasy for ya.

I'd rather lose by a 100 tho like today than what happened in my brothers game in the same league where he got beat 193-190 today where he was cruising to a W and up by I believe 71 until Phil Lindsay and Amari Cooper happened and combined for 74 points in the 4:00 games.

That my friends is as tough a beat as it gets and so when I complained to my brother about what happened to me, he said that I should shut the #### up and that I lost by 100...you deal with it and you move on. When you lose 193-190 like he did...that will leave skid marks....lol

Edited by Maximus*

Posted (edited)

4.5 points out of 

Evans 0

Watkins 0

Hilton 4.5

lost by 3

if I played John Brown, I win 

Edited by Wrigley

I scored decent this week but ran into the buzzsaw that was watson and mike thomas.

it happens

17 hours ago, VikingFrog said:

I also faced Watson and Fuller combo, but he had McCaffrey as well. It was over before it started.

I spoke too soon too. He had Amari Cooper later in the afternoon. He's already at 244 points and Nick Chubb still to go tonight. I'm rooting for the guy to hit 300. Might as well at this point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jayded said:

I spoke too soon too. He had Amari Cooper later in the afternoon. He's already at 244 points and Nick Chubb still to go tonight. I'm rooting for the guy to hit 300. Might as well at this point.

I have reached this point as well.  Now 1-4 with a myriad of injuries (including injuries to guys I picked up to replace injuries).  So I'm still "competing" and trying my best - but at this point I know I am buried so no point in getting mad; just play spoiler for the next 8 games and hope for a better outcome next year.

2 hours ago, Mr. Know-It-All said:

I have reached this point as well.  Now 1-4 with a myriad of injuries (including injuries to guys I picked up to replace injuries).  So I'm still "competing" and trying my best - but at this point I know I am buried so no point in getting mad; just play spoiler for the next 8 games and hope for a better outcome next year.

I don't get all worked up over things like this, but I'm mad looking at my team on paper. There's no reason a team with Wentz, Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill, Zeke, and Melvin Gordon should be 0-5. Tyreek being hurt and Gordon not showing up soon enough hurt, but I think the real kicker has been having OJ Howard. That dude gets the boot this week and if the aforementioned guys get healthy, I'm still only 2 games out of a playoff position.

Would be fun to sneak in as the last team and blast the top guys with a lineup that's capable.

2 hours ago, Jayded said:

I don't get all worked up over things like this, but I'm mad looking at my team on paper. There's no reason a team with Wentz, Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill, Zeke, and Melvin Gordon should be 0-5. Tyreek being hurt and Gordon not showing up soon enough hurt, but I think the real kicker has been having OJ Howard. That dude gets the boot this week and if the aforementioned guys get healthy, I'm still only 2 games out of a playoff position.

Would be fun to sneak in as the last team and blast the top guys with a lineup that's capable.

Ouch