What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (4 Viewers)

After tonight’s game I will be 3-0 in both my leagues, and points leader in my dynasty superflex. 

Hopefully I didn’t just jinx them both.  :pickle:

:sadbanana:

Looking like my worst fantasy year so far.  One 0-3 is just rebuilding and bad.  But otherwise a 1-2 and 0-3 (that features Saquon, Chubb, D Adams and Rodgers) that just aren't catching many breaks.  Oh well.
I feel your pain - through 3 weeks now I am the lowest scoring team in a 12 team redraft - after having won the Championship the last three years and having the highest scoring team for the last three years.  My how the tables have turned.

Here was my drafted starting lineup

qb - Brees

rb - Damien WIlliams, Tevin Coleman, Lindsay and R Freeman were my depth

wr - Tyreek Hill, Thielen, Landry, Gallup

now I have Garopollo/Brissett at qb; Devonta Freeman (really awesome player this year) and Frank Gore (yep benched Lindsay this week); and WR is a crapfest this week I rolled out Thielin, Metcalf and Ross.

I am averaging 60 points per week where the league average is close to 90; and the last 3 years in the same scoring system I have averaged over 110.  So sad.

I am sure I am not the only, but Will Dissly's untimed down TD would be the primary reason for a very narrow defeat yesterday and an 0-3 start.  Ouch...

2nd highest score in the league this week, and of course I was playing the high-score :kicksrock:

I was down 3.5 going into MNF and he had Keenum going, so I actually took a small lead on a couple of occasions before Keenum settled down and threw a couple TDs late.  Needed them to bench him right after one of the TOs when he was around -4 points.

2nd highest score in the league this week, and of course I was playing the high-score :kicksrock:
I can one up you!

I had the 3rd highest score last week, but I play doubleheaders, and faced the high score AND the second high score.  0-2 for that week.  And I lost Saquon to top if off.

I can one up you!

I had the 3rd highest score last week, but I play doubleheaders, and faced the high score AND the second high score.  0-2 for that week.  And I lost Saquon to top if off.
Oof. I had a DH in my other league but fortunately I was the high score in that one.

If you're looking for a giggle or to feel better that someone else is worse off than you, check my list of non-playing situations I got on my team this season.

-Melvin, AB, AJ Green, Hunter Henry, Cam, Mono Sam, Damien Williams, CJ Mosley (IDP league).

This is the kind of day that makes me wonder why I play FF, or even watch sports at all :lol:  

I am going to be knocked out of the FBG Subscriber contest.

I am going to have a terrible day at DFS.

I am going to lose my main season long league.

I have the Rams in my only survivor pool (currently trail Bucs 21-0) so that looks to be over.

:kicksrock:  

This is the kind of day that makes me wonder why I play FF, or even watch sports at all :lol:  

I am going to be knocked out of the FBG Subscriber contest.

I am going to have a terrible day at DFS.

I am going to lose my main season long league.

I have the Rams in my only survivor pool (currently trail Bucs 21-0) so that looks to be over.

:kicksrock:  
You might make it in your survivor league one thing the Bucs are extremely good at is snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory.

If you're looking for a giggle or to feel better that someone else is worse off than you, check my list of non-playing situations I got on my team this season.

-Melvin, AB, AJ Green, Hunter Henry, Cam, Mono Sam, Damien Williams, CJ Mosley (IDP league).
Welcome to the club:

Brees, D Williams, T Coleman, Tyreek Hill, M Gallup, Jarvis Landry.  It appears I have a knack for getting guys injured as even injury replacements I pick up get hurt.

here is what I "replaced" then with -

Garopollo/Brissett, Lindsay, Freeman, Metcalf, Ross (now also hurt), ???

I have no studs on my team - Thielen I have but he is not last years Thielen.  I do have Lutz.

Going to make for an interesting year as I try to stay competitive in spite of a 1-3 start.  I am sure Brissett and Garopollo will save the day...lol.

Haha that is so frustrating.  I always consider sending them screenshots of multiple trade calculators showing fairly even... Then I take the high road and just mark in my owner notes not to bother sending offers to that owner anymore. 

The worst is when they try to one up you or something by sending back a horrendous counter offer.  If you don't like the deal but liked the player, just politely decline or counter back with what you think is the right value like a mature adult. If it doesn't result in a deal, no biggie. 
What frustrates me is when I send an offer with a note that says something like “interested in player X, seeing if you’d be willing to talk, feel free to counter, I’m looking for Y position and it seems to me you need Z, let me know if you’re interested at all in talking” and they just outright reject it, no counter, no reply. So now I’m left to wonder if they deem their guy untradeable, or have no interest in who I offered, or if I’m allowed to send a different offer, should I just not try with them anymore? 

i just have to say that i am now realizing that my change from Mecole Hardman to David Montgomery at 12:58 won the week for me.  I should have been really solid, but many of my top guys fell flat.  

I didn't want to miss out on a long Hardman TD again,  even though I figured that Montgomery was safer.  i actually posted it in the AC on Sunday morning and got two responses, one on each side, but decided that Montgomery was probably the right way to go.

Montgomery outscored Hardman 6.7 to -1.1, a spread of 7.8 points.  I ended up winning by 7.6 to keep the perfect season alive.

This game is all skill.

Week 1 ran into Watkins. Week 2 ran into NE D. Week 3 ran into top team off a lopsided trade in his favor. Week 4 he had Woods and Evans in the 55-40 shootout. This week, the guy is another huge Texans fan like I am and he’s got Watson and Fuller going. 

Here comes 0-5. 

Week 1 ran into Watkins. Week 2 ran into NE D. Week 3 ran into top team off a lopsided trade in his favor. Week 4 he had Woods and Evans in the 55-40 shootout. This week, the guy is another huge Texans fan like I am and he’s got Watson and Fuller going. 

Here comes 0-5. 
I also faced Watson and Fuller combo, but he had McCaffrey as well. It was over before it started.

Let's see here........

Lost Gallman and Dorsett to injuries, both in the first quarter.

Evans catches no passes.

L Jackson had his worst game by far

Rodgers decides to hand the ball off to Jones for TDs

Just one of those weeks.  

Tyreek Hill out

AJ Green out

Watkins and Hilton questionable and playing tonight

Needed to cut Ross and play a WW receiver in case BOTH Hilton and Watkins are out

Welcome to my lineup Will Fuller! :)

My 4-0 team is now 4-1.  Good team but couldnt overcome Wilson, McCaffrey, Thielen and Chark.

My 1-3 team has sucked all year - finally have a good week and run into Aaron Jones.  Gonna take a miracle from Brissett and Damien Williams.  Hell If I had Mahomes instead of Brissett I still wouldn't like my odds.

Bad weekend all around - but at least my Huskers took down MIGHTY Northwestern on a last second field goal.

Let's see here........

Lost Gallman and Dorsett to injuries, both in the first quarter.

Evans catches no passes.

L Jackson had his worst game by far

Rodgers decides to hand the ball off to Jones for TDs

Just one of those weeks.  
Make it worse.  Lost Watkins in the 1st quarter.

My starting WRs in this league is Evans, Watkins and Dorsett.  Total points scored......zero.

Somebody in my league scored 210 points shattering our all time record. Had 3 players score 40+ (Wilson, CMC, jones)

This is too funny. I have 134 points currently in my longtime 12 team $$ league with Chubb still to go. Normally in my league 130+ points gets you a W 90% of the time maybe more. I had the misfortune tho of going against DWatson(58 pts), CMac(50) and the coup de grace WFuller(60 friggen points).  Those 3 alone combined for 168 points and even with Chubb still to go, I'd still lose.

Heck, his Texan combo by their lonesome almost beat my full team and I had some nice performances from the Kupp's, Boyd's, Carson's of the world. This opponent of mine  is done and ended up with 240 points which is an all-time record. That's fantasy for ya.

I'd rather lose by a 100 tho like today than what happened in my brothers game in the same league where he got beat 193-190 today where he was cruising to a W and up by I believe 71 until Phil Lindsay and Amari Cooper happened and combined for 74 points in the 4:00 games.

That my friends is as tough a beat as it gets and so when I complained to my brother about what happened to me, he said that I should shut the #### up and that I lost by 100...you deal with it and you move on. When you lose 193-190 like he did...that will leave skid marks....lol

Last edited by a moderator:
4.5 points out of 

Evans 0

Watkins 0

Hilton 4.5

lost by 3

if I played John Brown, I win 

Jayded said:
I spoke too soon too. He had Amari Cooper later in the afternoon. He's already at 244 points and Nick Chubb still to go tonight. I'm rooting for the guy to hit 300. Might as well at this point.
I have reached this point as well.  Now 1-4 with a myriad of injuries (including injuries to guys I picked up to replace injuries).  So I'm still "competing" and trying my best - but at this point I know I am buried so no point in getting mad; just play spoiler for the next 8 games and hope for a better outcome next year.

I have reached this point as well.  Now 1-4 with a myriad of injuries (including injuries to guys I picked up to replace injuries).  So I'm still "competing" and trying my best - but at this point I know I am buried so no point in getting mad; just play spoiler for the next 8 games and hope for a better outcome next year.
I don't get all worked up over things like this, but I'm mad looking at my team on paper. There's no reason a team with Wentz, Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill, Zeke, and Melvin Gordon should be 0-5. Tyreek being hurt and Gordon not showing up soon enough hurt, but I think the real kicker has been having OJ Howard. That dude gets the boot this week and if the aforementioned guys get healthy, I'm still only 2 games out of a playoff position.

Would be fun to sneak in as the last team and blast the top guys with a lineup that's capable.

I don't get all worked up over things like this, but I'm mad looking at my team on paper. There's no reason a team with Wentz, Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill, Zeke, and Melvin Gordon should be 0-5. Tyreek being hurt and Gordon not showing up soon enough hurt, but I think the real kicker has been having OJ Howard. That dude gets the boot this week and if the aforementioned guys get healthy, I'm still only 2 games out of a playoff position.

Would be fun to sneak in as the last team and blast the top guys with a lineup that's capable.
Ouch

Nearly got Breida'd tonight by my opponent. Was up 20 going into tonight. Thought was in the bag obviously with SF RBBC. Breida had 20-something PPR points before 1st quarter was over. :bag:  Not a good feeling to see a RB having 20-something points before the 1st quarter was over. Breida doubled his total season PPR output in tonight's game.

Thankfully I had SF D starting tonight as well and they nearly matched Breida's output in the end. :thumbup:  

So I was up 168.2 to 127.4 and I had NIck Chubb going and he had Breida and SF Defense and I end up losing 181.3 to 179.1. Yes I know point to the shirt right? 👕👈

List by 3.5 points because I was playing against SF defense. Of course the always sh@@@@ Browns & horrible baker Mayfield cant score more than 3 points. 

Looking at having to field a lineup possibly without all of my best guys this week (replacement options in parentheses):

• RB - CMC (Darrell Williams, Jeff Wilson)
  • WR - Tyreek, Julio, Cooks (D Robinson, David Moore, Deebo, D Westbrook)
  • TE - Henry, Waller (bye) (I Thomas)
Need a couple of these guys to get healthy.  Having Robinson available if Tyreek can't go isn't so bad but the rest of them...yeesh

Spent all day Sunday chasing a guy that had McCaffery and Thielen.  Finally went ahead with a minute to go in the KC-Indy game, only to lose it by 1 20 seconds later on that last Butker FG.

Spent Monday night nursing a big lead against a guy with four SF starters.  Held on to win by a half-point thanks to those three FG misses by Gould.

Not a good weekend for my heart.

Forgot to submit a lineup after waivers and before last night's kickoff.  NYG defense on my bench with 13 points :wall: Best option on the WW is MIA hosting the Skins :X

Congratulating myself for benching Jameis and then watching Minshew turn into a pumpkin in his place
But my opponent has CMC, Diggs and Godwin, so it probably didn’t matter 

ETA - he also had Conner and Zeke, while I started Goff.  :lmao:  what a bloodbath

Last year I went 12-1 and won my league. This year I’m 0-6 with a roster built to win this year after Diggs’ explosion cost me to lose by 3:

Wentz, Zeke, Melvin, Michael Thomas, Tyreek, Fitz, and Kareem Hunt coming later. 

Now just going to figure which two keepers since most are ineligible. 

Bragging:

Two teams, 12-team leagues, one dynasty & one IDP redraft.

both 5-1

IDP this week was hurting because of injury (marquis brown, Davonte Adams) and had a couple players on BYE.

also had Wentz going up against MIN, and a LB who picked up an abdomen strain on Friday.  

To the wire I went! Noticed someone dropped Cousins & Philly had their top DBs out. Claimed him, Vigil (who I’d drafted & dropped after a slow start) and Chase Edmonds in case he got some run with DJ’s back hurting. 

that netted me +12.8 at QB, +26 at LB & +14.x at RB. I’m up 44.5 & my opponent has a LB left, but that 52 points made all the difference. 
:pickle:

Users who are viewing this thread