Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Maurile Tremblay

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving...

Somehow, I managed to lose in my title game with Lamar Jackson AND Saquon Barkley.  They put up a collective 80 points in my Week 16 title match.  Too bad I lost Evans, Ridley, Engram and Henry......I replaced Ridley with Slayton, and Slayton was in and out of the game and didn't record a catch.   Why couldn't Engram get shelved before Week 13?  I could have picked up a TE like Tyler Higbee.

But I still had a chance if Aaron Rodgers (my QB2) could score 13 points.  Couldn't do that.  F'n Aaron Jones.  Also lost in my other league when Jones had that 55 yd TD run.

It was a good year, but the cards just couldn't fall my way.

:ptts:

this shirt should say “ I got Mike Booned in Week 16”

In 2018, I traded a 2019 1st round draft pick to get the last pick in the first round (1.14) of a Devy depleted draft-took Lamar Jackson.  The Draft pick I gave up, 1.12-Irv Smith Jr. 

Titans run is a great story. Only thing that's bumming me out is my nine-year-old. Had never expressed any interest in fantasy, or football in general, until a few weeks ago. I wanted to encourage him, so I set up a little playoff DFS tournament for family and friends on NFL.com. Rules are you can start anyone you want with no salary restrictions, and for every consecutive week you start a guy you get that multiple on their points.

My son sets his initial lineup for the wildcard round and he has Henry at RB. Then a few hours before kickoff he changes his mind and subs in Ingram instead (it sometimes makes sense to start guys on bye since you immediately get 2x points in the divisional round). If he had just left him in he would be cleaning up in the league right now, and preparing to get 3x points in the championship

No money at stake but I'm worried if he has a bad experience it will sour him on fantasy going forward.

On 1/11/2020 at 10:44 PM, zftcg said:

Titans run is a great story. Only thing that's bumming me out is my nine-year-old. Had never expressed any interest in fantasy, or football in general, until a few weeks ago. I wanted to encourage him, so I set up a little playoff DFS tournament for family and friends on NFL.com. Rules are you can start anyone you want with no salary restrictions, and for every consecutive week you start a guy you get that multiple on their points.

My son sets his initial lineup for the wildcard round and he has Henry at RB. Then a few hours before kickoff he changes his mind and subs in Ingram instead (it sometimes makes sense to start guys on bye since you immediately get 2x points in the divisional round). If he had just left him in he would be cleaning up in the league right now, and preparing to get 3x points in the championship

No money at stake but I'm worried if he has a bad experience it will sour him on fantasy going forward.

Nothing wrong about facing reality early.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Why do these fricken morons keep nominating players they want early in a dynasty auction?  Every single time they are going to go for way above what they should if you nominate them in the first round of bidding. 

Constantly I see these idiots nominating the player they want with their first nomination and then bidding him up to double value. 

Stupid. 

And annoying because often I want that player too :)

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

15 years on F'Guys, sans last year...what'd I miss.

30 years FF, sans last year what'd I miss.