What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rams to extend Fisher (1 Viewer)

msudaisy26

Footballguy
Profootballtalk confirms there's "widespread belief" the Rams and coach Jeff Fisher have an extension in place.

This falls in line with previous reports the Rams plan to move forward with extensions for Fisher and GM Les Snead. There's speculation a deal is already done, but was delayed after a Week 1 loss to the 49ers. The Rams have become a running joke at Rotoworld. Extending Fisher is the latest misdirection for an organization that hasn't had a winning season since 2003.

This has to be a joke, right?

Not a good coach, has not earned an extension. The Rams will turn off new fans from supporting the team with such a move I would think that only guarantees mediocrity at best.

Meanwhile their franchise QB will not develop because of bad coaching. 

I think just about anything other than extending Jeff Fisher would be better for the Rams organizations future.

The original story was that the announcement of Brockers extension was gonna end with an announcement of Fisher's extension, this was reportedly held up by the absolute #### show on mnf.

As a Missourian all I can do is laugh, this organization has reached terminal velocity and will soon be in position to overtake the Browns.

Embarrassing...even more so when it looks like Goff is a ways off...time to go in a new direction...this one aint working,,,

Well then, for sure this needed to go into the Jeff Fisher thread BECAUSE LORD KNOWS WE CAN'T HAVE TWO SEPARATE THREADS IN THE SHARK POOL.
When Sunday rolls around and you can only see 3 threads on the front page because of all the stickies, you'll understand the need to consolidate everything into as few threads as possible.

:rant:

If he was black he would have been out of head coaching years ago. Lovie Smith was fired after going 11-5,8-8 and 10-6 with the Bears and had to join the college ranks to get a job.

Ram's COO is Kevin Demoff. His dad, Marvin Demoff, is Fisher's agent. So yeah, consider the deal done.
Well that explains it. Hooray for nepotism. Maybe someday Fisher's son can inherit the family business as the Rams HC. He already coaches the defensive backs. 

I've never liked the guy ever and always thought he was overrated. That said watching hard knocks he seemed like a good guy and you could tell at one time he probably knew what he was doing. That was a long time ago though. 

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Is this thing signed and done? Fisher better hope his team doesn't quit on him today.
the his-agent-is-someone's-dad thing has been on espn radio since Monday, but there hasn't been anything that confirms something is done, just that the 3 year extension was in the works before the SF game. it seems to have now been delayed. lots of conjecture out there, but knowing the rams it will probably get done. was hoping fisher and the gm would be fired this year. going to the game today, on one hand i want the rams to put up a fight, on the other hand, giving up might be better for the long term if it means getting rid of fisher imo.

I think the owner is so mad he wants to ensure Fisher gets that ALL TIME most losses so he can be the biggest loser. 

I used to defend Fisher a lot and thought Miami would have been better served with him over Philbin and he would have, but not by much it seems. 

I'm just glad we weren't an embarrassment again.  That alone is a step forward.    But I'd like to see it vs a team other then Seattle before I start to hope for anything.  

A 3 year extension would y give him enough time to set the record for most coaching losses and make it just about unbreakable.  It's hard to keep keep your job unless you win. Only 9 losses to go for the record.

Users who are viewing this thread