What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I LOVE Elizabeth Warren: All aboard - WOO WOO!!! (2 Viewers)

you're comparing this lie to the obvious truth of the Clinton Foundation getting millions and millions from foreign countries?

As for a double standard, once again, this assumes I like Trump.   I despise both candidates, and pretty much everyone who backs them up from a morality standpoint.
I was comparing the timeliness of the takes.  

I never defended Clinton's morality.  Please hold others to the standard you expect others to hold you to.  

BTW, how does all of this relate to Elizabeth Warren?

Well I really could care less about what she said on a college app,  but I have to tell you I really screwed up here because we have been doing college applications for my 17-year-old daughter. I should've just started some kind of rumor that she's 1/6 Hispanic or something (despite the fact my wife and I are so white we are almost clear).    She could've run with that for a while and then when called out on it, she could've just said well that's what I was told by my dad .  :excited:

Well I really could care less about what she said on a college app,  but I have to tell you I really screwed up here because we have been doing college applications for my 17-year-old daughter. I should've just started some kind of rumor that she's 1/6 Hispanic or something (despite the fact my wife and I are so white we are almost clear).    She could've run with that for a while and then when called out on it, she could've just said well that's what I was told by my dad .  :excited:
Except Warren didn't get admitted on any kind of affirmative action for Native Americans nor is there any proof that it advanced her career.

Watched her on Maher last night.  I really like her and I think her message is on point.  She is one of the few in Congress that I trust to put the middle class first.  That said, she comes across as awkward.  She was in campaign rally mode and she is not the most fluid speaker.  It got me wondering if this is why people are saying she is a phony.  

Elizabeth Warren‏Verified account @SenWarren 2h2 hours ago

This isn’t football. It’s not about scoring points. #AHCA will devastate Americans’ healthcare.

Families will go bankrupt.

People will die.

4 hours ago, MaxThreshold said:

This makes me laugh coming from the guy who gobbles and then spews out lefty talking points like a whore on prom night.
What kind of ####ed up HS did you go to?
Der Max obviously went to a HS where whores spew out lefty talking points on prom night.

I am guessing they vocalized more centrist positions the rest of the school year.

She's correct that, in its current form, this new health denial bill will absolutely hurt millions of Americans.  It was passed for to gain political points for the right so they can tell their constituents that they kept their word.  They are counting on the Senate to massively overhaul the bad bill that passed the house and I am not sure that will happen.

This is a perfect example of people voting against their best interest. Half of the ones who will be negatively impacted by this voted Trump.  It is very disheartening.

IMO, the name-calling, rudeness, and general misogyny expressed in responses by conservatives regarding Elizabeth Warren proves that the main problem with Hillary Clinton, from many of these same people, had nothing to do with her emails, foundation, or general honesty. It had to do with her being a bossy liberal woman.

Fewer people covered, less care for the poor and the elderly while giving an annual $76.5 BILLION tax break to any individual making $200,000 or more.

Bravo. Bra#######vo.

Fewer people covered, less care for the poor and the elderly while giving an annual $76.5 BILLION tax break to any individual making $200,000 or more.

Bravo. Bra#######vo.
I.e. Reversing a law put in place (some would argue unlawfully) by a different president. 

The Dems need to rally behind a dude.  Country isn't ready for a woman president yet.  Plus she actually looks a bit like Hillary.  If the Dems want to win, they need to find a male to get behind.

I.e. Reversing a law put in place (some would argue unlawfully) by a different president. 
Not sure why you knowingly push that undisputably false narrative. I don't keep a notebook but today alone it seems like something consistent with your posts today at least.

The House just passed a bill that covers fewer people, particularly the most vulnerable, while further enriching those who need it least.

What happened today was the clearest demonstration yet that Trump, and the right in general, don't give two ####s about their constituents. So long as they can keep them seething about perceived (yet invariably false) injustices perpetrated by immigrants/Muslims/Hillary/homosexuals/[insert B.S. false distraction here] they will keep screwing over anyone and everyone they can.

This is no longer the Republican party.

Regardless of who it is I don't think nominating a liberal from Massachusetts is a wise strategy for 2020... 
I am not sure that I see her as electable either but if the choice in 2020 is Trump or. I'm choosing or.

Are you actually going to try and defend the BS claim that the ACA was enacted "unlawfully"?  I've heard a lot of crappy lies about it, but that is a new one.
Yeah this may be another example of (factless) branding. Same as Hillary with email and Benghazi and what some are trying to do with Warren.

I'm going to give this a little more line  but I'm thinking disengagement may be the best course. Defending verifiably false accusations in public space leads people to believe that there is something that necessitates defending. And the proven legality of the ACA unquestionably does not need defending.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think enforcing a federal tax to pay for anything at the state level is painfully inefficient and stupid.  Unlawful?  Probably not.  My degree is in common sense, mostly lost in the law and politics field. 
So why do you care enough about the subset of people who think it was passed unlawfully to bring it up?  What's the common sense in that?

Terrific hit piece in the Boston Globe today on Lizzie , absolutely terrific. Took down by her own party is my guess

Can this get moved to the political forum 

This would be a slightly less egregious mistake than running HRC again. Too much baggage (rightfully or otherwise) here.

The democratic party will be a trail of tears if they think Warren will beat Trump in 2020.  Start recruiting someone who can actually beat him.  

Users who are viewing this thread