Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Skerritt

I LOVE Elizabeth Warren: All aboard - WOO WOO!!!

40 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

Some of you might not have been around for the glory days of bueno, who always had a curiously on-the-nose anecdote for every single argument he made.  

I was just talking with a friend of mine who is a clinical psychologist (and he is also black by the way), and he says that people often just make up anecdotes that can't be disproven to win internet arguments.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 7
  • Thinking 1

I have a friend who was dying, but then the ACA passed and they injected Obamacare into his veins, and his life was saved.  True story.  

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2

19 minutes ago, tommyGunZ said:

I have a friend who was dying, but then the ACA passed and they injected Obamacare into his veins, and his life was saved.  

True story.  

And as believable as the other accounts here of the anecdotal consequences of Obamacare.

8 hours ago, squistion said:

Like many people here,  you make all kinds of claims about your personal experiences and anecdotes that can never be proven.  The idea that your medical plan was cancelled by your employer because it was "too good" to exist after Obamacare is rather hard to believe (there is probably more to the story than that and one would have to know the details). But, anyway,  go ahead and claim it, but it is rather meaningless to the discussion, as you can't prove it and no one here can disprove it.

And yet if some idiot none of us has ever heard of before posts something on Twitter you c+p it here as if it’s gospel with a nodding emoji

:lol:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

And yet if some idiot none of us has ever heard of before posts something on Twitter you c+p it here as if it’s gospel with a nodding emoji

Very :goodposting:

:yes:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

:own3d:

• Like 1

5 years ago Michael Brown was murdered by a white police officer in Ferguson, Missouri. Michael was unarmed yet he was shot 6 times. I stand with activists and organizers who continue the fight for justice for Michael. We must confront systemic racism and police violence head on.

murdered seems like a 1 in 1024 chance of being true. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

5 years ago Michael Brown was murdered by a white police officer in Ferguson, Missouri. Michael was unarmed yet he was shot 6 times. I stand with activists and organizers who continue the fight for justice for Michael. We must confront systemic racism and police violence head on.

murdered seems like a 1 in 1024 chance of being true. 

What the actual ####, she really said this? Police violence?  The guy tried the beat up the cop and steal his gun. 

2 hours ago, Widbil83 said:

What the actual ####, she really said this? Police violence?  The guy tried the beat up the cop and steal his gun. 

Yes she tweeted it.  Kamala Harris also tweeted basically the same thing.  Called the officer a murderer. Shows what kind of people they really are.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ferguson-elizabeth-warren-kamala-harris-103000461.html

Edited by rustycolts
  • Sad 1

Clay Travis

It’s interesting how everything borderline that Trump Tweets is immediately castigated, but Warren is able to Tweet a 100% complete lie here — one she should be sued for, honestly, & that is clearly intended to provoke racial division — and most in media completely ignore it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Clay Travis

It’s interesting how everything borderline that Trump Tweets is immediately castigated, but Warren is able to Tweet a 100% complete lie here — one she should be sued for, honestly, & that is clearly intended to provoke racial division — and most in media completely ignore it.

No different than here. Post a new york post story or a CIS study and immediately get chastised for posting bad sources.

Post a facebook post or a tweet filled with holes and it gets defended because it focuses on calling trump a meany. 

2 hours ago, parasaurolophus said:

No different than here. Post a new york post story or a CIS study and immediately get chastised for posting bad sources.

Post a facebook post or a tweet filled with holes and it gets defended because it focuses on calling trump a meany. 

Only...not really.

A.  Clay Travis is a gas bag...and his point is way off.  Yes...POTUS will get more scrutiny than Warren.  From the fact that he is the President and the volumes of crap he has said that is worse than what Warren said are quite large.

B.  You all keep going on about the facebook thing is quite :deadhorse:  Henry posted it...gave the condition that it was FB which was pretty much to say take it for what it is worth.  he also posted quite a few other things supporting the similar position of what was posted as well as telling you all who the person was that was being discussed.  Instead...from the same people who complain about snark...its met with snark and trotting it out for what reason other than to try and agitate?

C.  Yes...you will get chastised for posting something from a tabloid like the Post or a place with such a lack of credibility as CIS when trying to claim its facts about immigration.  Because those places have lied before.

None of which is to say what Warren did was not wrong.  It clearly was.  I just laugh that the people complaining so much about it say little to nothing about POTUS doing the same and worse over and over and over again.

2 hours ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Clay Travis

Wait she is a true american, a Native American, she would never tell a lie.  On second though hmmmmmmm

1 hour ago, Gopher State said:

Wait she is a true american, a Native American, she would never tell a lie.  On second though hmmmmmmm

Are you saying she speaks with forked tongue?

2 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Only...not really.

A.  Clay Travis is a gas bag...and his point is way off.  Yes...POTUS will get more scrutiny than Warren.  From the fact that he is the President and the volumes of crap he has said that is worse than what Warren said are quite large.

B.  You all keep going on about the facebook thing is quite :deadhorse:  Henry posted it...gave the condition that it was FB which was pretty much to say take it for what it is worth.  he also posted quite a few other things supporting the similar position of what was posted as well as telling you all who the person was that was being discussed.  Instead...from the same people who complain about snark...its met with snark and trotting it out for what reason other than to try and agitate?

C.  Yes...you will get chastised for posting something from a tabloid like the Post or a place with such a lack of credibility as CIS when trying to claim its facts about immigration.  Because those places have lied before.

None of which is to say what Warren did was not wrong.  It clearly was.  I just laugh that the people complaining so much about it say little to nothing about POTUS doing the same and worse over and over and over again.

All i read are excuses here. 

I would elaborate, but not with you. I might as well talk to a tree stump. 

Edited by parasaurolophus
  • Laughing 1

52 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

All i read are excuses here. 

I would elaborate, but not with you. I might as well talk to a tree stump. 

Not one tome in that posts did I make an excuse for Warren.

There is no elaboration that can explain comparing the ridiculous posting towards Henry/facebook with legitimate criticism of CIS and the NY Post.

It seems to me that the tweet is a somewhat shameless ploy to pander to blacks and uber-liberals, in an attempt to steal votes from Biden/Harris/Sanders and win the Democratic nomination.

But that strategy would be very shortsighted and ill-advised. Even if you support Black Lives Matter -- hell, even if you truly believe that Michael Brown was murdered -- you must recognize that A) the officer who shot him was not convicted of murder, and B) there are literally millions of voters on both sides of the political spectrum who strongly object to the definitive tone of her statement.

This was a very tone-deaf move by Warren. This strategy may help her to win the nomination, but it pretty much guarantees that no undecided conservatives will give her the time of day in the general election.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Clay Travis

Division is exactly what the media wants.

• Like 1

When trump calls her Pocahontas she should say you can call me that if I can call you pedophile.

Open up that discussion everytime.  Epstein and how Trump has talked about Ivanka being so hot and voluptuous.  Creepy old man who likes to put his hand up womens' dresses.

1 hour ago, Daywalker said:

When trump calls her Pocahontas she should say you can call me that if I can call you pedophile.

Open up that discussion everytime.  Epstein and how Trump has talked about Ivanka being so hot and voluptuous.  Creepy old man who likes to put his hand up womens' dresses.

Quality post here. LOL

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gopher State said:

Quality post here. LOL

You think it’s cool that Trump admitted intentionally walking in the dressing rooms of the Miss teen USA pageant to see naked young girls?  Or his comments about his daughter being a nice piece of ###?  Or bragging about grabbing girls by the ##### without their consent? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tommyGunZ said:

You think it’s cool that Trump admitted intentionally walking in the dressing rooms of the Miss teen USA pageant to see naked young girls?  Or his comments about his daughter being a nice piece of ###?  Or bragging about grabbing girls by the ##### without their consent? 

Narrator:

Have you seen his 401K?

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

On 8/13/2019 at 4:17 PM, [scooter] said:

I This strategy may help her to win the nomination, but it pretty much guarantees that no undecided conservatives will give her the time of day in the general election.

Yeah I am not sure this demographic is important or even real.  I do know real people who voted for Obama and Trump but I think people who are letting Fox News dictate the issues will be 100% voting for Trump.  I'll give you those people and take inspired and motivated suburban moms/young/minority votes and split the people that aren't following all this nonsense on Twitter/Facebook.

Plan to reduce gun violence by 80%

Her proposal begins with executive actions to expand background checks, close loopholes in current gun laws, and target gun traffickers and licensed gun dealers who break the law. She proposes sweeping legislation, including universal background checks and an assault weapons ban but also a system requiring a license to buy and own guns as well as urban gun violence intervention programs.

I think I can get behind all of this :thumbup:  

Refinement of Farm Plan announced a while ago (long)

I dig the fact that she is able to put out detailed proposals, get intelligent feedback and refine.  I know the last guy got elected with no published policies longer than three words but hey next year it's a whole new decade, our cars will be driving us and just maybe we can get this ship back under control.

• Like 1

I know I'm a broken record.  But if she is nominated, there is no way america votes for her for president over Trump.  We are getting ready to nominate the ONE person who will lose to him.  Good Christ, we all deserve the sh*tpile we are living in. 

22 minutes ago, Sweet J said:

I know I'm a broken record.  But if she is nominated, there is no way america votes for her for president over Trump.  We are getting ready to nominate the ONE person who will lose to him.  Good Christ, we all deserve the sh*tpile we are living in. 

I honestly thinks she cleans his clock campaigning and wins.

2 minutes ago, rockaction said:

About a year ago, I was on work travel in Albuquerque.  Sitting in the crappy hotel bar/restaurant on the outskirts of the city.  I looked around the room at the grizzled faces.  And I didn't see one face that I thought to myself "that person would have voted for Hillary.

It's about personality.  I don't think America is ready to elect a woman.  Much less a stiff academic like Warren. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sweet J said:

About a year ago, I was on work travel in Albuquerque.  Sitting in the crappy hotel bar/restaurant on the outskirts of the city.  I looked around the room at the grizzled faces.  And I didn't see one face that I thought to myself "that person would have voted for Hillary.

It's about personality.  I don't think America is ready to elect a woman.  Much less a stiff academic like Warren. 

Okay. Not much I can argue with about that. I'd rather not elect her because of her lack of foreign policy experience, but I am sure there are still some grizzled souls who won't vote for a woman, no matter what.

Green New Gift that keeps on giving-

“The Green New Deal says we need to get rid of cows. I don’t agree with that,” the man told Warren before explaining that cows cut down on grass regrowth, which he argued sequesters more carbon. She gave a single word reply: “Ehhh.” The farmer’s identity is as of yet unknown.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dailycaller.com/2019/08/08/liz-warren-iowa-farmers-cows

8 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Thats a poor representation of what happened there.  This would be a better description.

The Green New Deal says we need to get rid of cows." Warren replied "eh" and wiggled her hand as if to question that statement. "I don’t agree with that,” the man told Warren before explaining that cows cut down on grass regrowth, which he argued sequesters more carbon. 

Edited by parasaurolophus

Yes, it is. I'm no Warren fan, but Daily Caller is really scrounging for material. 1st, it wasn't a response, The guy is giving her an explanation and she's just making these brief "sounds" for lack of a better word, like you do when you're showing you're listening and following along. Second, if you watch the video,her tone with the "ehhhhhh", plus the way she flicks her hand back and forth suggests what she's doing is disagreeing that the GND calls for getting rid of cows, without cutting him off. It's mischaracterized as a "response"and we have no idea if they discussed the point later on.

Edited by Mystery Achiever

Yeah, it looks like she's saying she disagrees with that part of the GND.

37 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Okay. Not much I can argue with about that. I'd rather not elect her because of her lack of foreign policy experience, but I am sure there are still some grizzled souls who won't vote for a woman, no matter what.

I don't think it is just "won't vote for a woman no matter what."  I think it is probably more nuanced than that (kinda like I don't think America could vote for a black man that talks like Jesse Jackson, but could vote for a black man that talks like Barrack Obama).  So, for example, I think America could vote for Amy Klobuchar or Kamala Harris before they could vote for Warren.  I think she's toxic in middle america the same way Hillary was.  She is also weirdly tone-deaf in exactly the same way Hillary was.   

I hope I'm wrong, because my guess is that she wins the Dem nomination. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rockaction said:

I think there is a 1/1024th chance of that happening 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 3

55 minutes ago, Sweet J said:

I don't think it is just "won't vote for a woman no matter what."  I think it is probably more nuanced than that (kinda like I don't think America could vote for a black man that talks like Jesse Jackson, but could vote for a black man that talks like Barrack Obama).  So, for example, I think America could vote for Amy Klobuchar or Kamala Harris before they could vote for Warren.  I think she's toxic in middle america the same way Hillary was.  She is also weirdly tone-deaf in exactly the same way Hillary was.   

I hope I'm wrong, because my guess is that she wins the Dem nomination. 

I thought the exact same thing in the beginning but now I'd consider myself a Warren supporter.  Maybe I'm just an irrational optimist but I'm now viewing this as a possibly once-in-a-lifetime chance to get someone like Warren in the White House.  I think she would probably lose to someone like McCain or Romney.  But I think she can beat Trump.  And I'm willing to take what I consider to be a small risk that she might lose a race that another Democratic nominee would win.  From my vantage point, the election is going to be all about Trump, and all the Democratic nominees have a similar likelihood of beating him.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

I thought the exact same thing in the beginning but now I'd consider myself a Warren supporter.  Maybe I'm just an irrational optimist but I'm now viewing this as a possibly once-in-a-lifetime chance to get someone like Warren in the White House.  I think she would probably lose to someone like McCain or Romney.  But I think she can beat Trump.  And I'm willing to take what I consider to be a small risk that she might lose a race that another Democratic nominee would win.  From my vantage point, the election is going to be all about Trump, and all the Democratic nominees have a similar likelihood of beating him.

I strongly suspect that a large number of Democratic primary voters are motivated by this exact reasoning, and it's not irrational.  If Trump is going to lose no matter what, you might as well put up your dream candidate who would lose a normal election but win this one.  You could point to Reagan as an example of this working out well for the GOP (not sure if that was explicitly what anybody was thinking in 1980, but the effect was similar).

I won't support Warren, but you wouldn't expect me to.  

1 hour ago, IvanKaramazov said:

If it's her or Trump, you're going 3rd party or abstaining?

2 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:

I strongly suspect that a large number of Democratic primary voters are motivated by this exact reasoning, and it's not irrational.  If Trump is going to lose no matter what, you might as well put up your dream candidate who would lose a normal election but win this one.  You could point to Reagan as an example of this working out well for the GOP (not sure if that was explicitly what anybody was thinking in 1980, but the effect was similar).

curious whether you would support Bernie or Biden?

Edit: In a race against Trump, I mean. 

Edited by Sweet J

2 hours ago, HellToupee said:

I think there is a 1/1024th chance of that happening 

As if we needed more proof that conservatives are unfunny

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

Interesting ...I see the logic of this.  As in 2016, when many felt it was worth a shot at shaking up Washington by voting for the oddball outsider (hoping he wouldn't get too crazy), we could get similar thinking on the other end of the spectrum in 2020: take a shot with a strong liberal (hoping the most extreme policies get neutralized).  Granted, some will want a full-bore liberal agenda, but others might just view this as opportunity to give it a shot.  Just as nutty Trump > Hillary, this could be liberal Warren > Trump.

46 minutes ago, Gr00vus said:

If it's her or Trump, you're going 3rd party or abstaining?

I'm probably voting Libertarian regardless.  I live in a non-competitive state, for the record.

If the Democrats nominated a relatively centrist neoliberal type like Biden, I would at least root for the guy like I rooted for W.  If they nominate Warren or Sanders or somebody like that, I would take more of a pox-on-both-your-houses stance like the last time around.  (Hillary was a neoliberal too, but my issues with Hillary were character-driven, not policy-driven).

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:

I'm probably voting Libertarian regardless.  I live in a non-competitive state, for the record.

If the Democrats nominated a relatively centrist neoliberal type like Biden, I would at least root for the guy like I rooted for W.  If they nominate Warren or Sanders or somebody like that, I would take more of a pox-on-both-your-houses stance like the last time around.  (Hillary was a neoliberal too, but my issues with Hillary were character-driven, not policy-driven).

Good thing we don't have to worry about character issues with the guy who won. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

If Warren is the candiate I vote independent, I ,live in WI so I don’t think my vote matters 

• Thinking 1

23 minutes ago, Gopher State said:

If Warren is the candiate I vote independent, I ,live in WI so I don’t think my vote matters 

Is this shtick? 

• Like 1

While I don't agree with much of what she proposes, I do appreciate that she seems to offer well thought out plans.

8 hours ago, identikit said:

She has a plan for everything.

Free stuff for everyone.  Yeah... 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

4 minutes ago, stlrams said:

Free stuff for everyone.  Yeah... 

Who cares  about the people that saved for their kids college education.  Let’s reward people that can’t budget or make good financial decisions.  Sounds fair...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, stlrams said:

Who cares  about the people that saved for their kids college education.  Let’s reward people that can’t budget or make good financial decisions.  Sounds fair...

Me and my family (I had help) paid off one hundred thousand dollars worth of student loans. The present system really irks me, and will irk me even more if they cancel that debt. I'm then the sucker.