What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

San Diego at Indianapolis (1 Viewer)

I take it this game is only on in Indy and SD? Gordon owner here. Expecting him to lay an egg cuz the tea leaves say he should have a big day.

First the NYG-NO game last week, now this. Goes to show you no one really knows how these games will flow.

Will someone please tell these not-so-smart announcers that if Lambo hadn't missed that extra point then Indy wouldn't have gone for 2 there and it would be a 4 point game anyway.

Will someone please tell these not-so-smart announcers that if Lambo hadn't missed that extra point then Indy wouldn't have gone for 2 there and it would be a 4 point game anyway.
LOL the first thing that popped into my mind was "analytical math fail."

I was coming here to criticize the Chargers for not returning that punt, but they ended up getting a free down out of it anyway, so I guess it was a sneaky play.

Am I the only one who does the jumping jack, TY motion when he propels the team to a win? Thank you TY!

how did they illegally touch?
It's ALWAYS an illegal touch. They never actually throw the flag because there is no yardage assessed, but if done on the final play, it is technically a defensive foul...and thus one more play

ETA; Bad coaching too....they should have warned their guys not to touch it

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, what is the point of that rule?
Someone already pointed it out..the return team is supposed to be given every opportunity to field the ball. If the punting team touches it first, then the return team CAN'T turn it over on the return.

It just so happens that the return team rarely trys to when defenders touch it first

It's illegal for a player from the punting team to touch the ball first.
Lol what if the receiving team refuses?
Penalty Accepted = 5-yard penalty, re-play 4th down.

Penalty Declined = receiving team gets ball at spot of illegal touch (unless the kicking team muffed the ball, in which case the receiving team can advance).

90% of the time, the penalty is declined.

So, if neither team had touched the ball there, would the game never end?
After a few seconds, the referee would have declared the ball dead. If there was time left on the clock, then San Diego can run a play. If not, the game is over.

Penalty Accepted = 5-yard penalty, re-play 4th down.

Penalty Declined = receiving team gets ball at spot of illegal touch (unless the kicking team muffed the ball, in which case the receiving team can advance).

90% of the time, the penalty is declined.

What you said is "illegal touching" what happens if the kicking team touches the ball first without it reaching the receiving team's "restraining line"... the line of scrimmage, or on a kickoff or fair catch kick it would be 10 yards from where the ball is kicked.  So what you said is the penalty on a kickoff touched before it goes 10 yards.

It's a different situation on a punt when the ball has crossed the LOS.  Then it's a first touching violation and the choice is take the ball at the spot or take the result of the play. There is no option to back them up five yards and make them replay the down.

Users who are viewing this thread