What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Things millennials have been blamed for: a running list (1 Viewer)

Peyton Marino

Footballguy
"Thinkpieces" on why millennials are to blame for X societal problem have become increasingly popular lately.  Some of them are pretty ridiculous. This thread was actually inspired by a tweet that I just saw:

@James_Poling: Mike Gundy just made an interesting observation. Said college football parity is in part to this current generation always being on phones.
Running List:

Trump's presidential candidacy

College football parity

Decreased usage of soap in bar form

Lowered Olympics viewership

Destroying 'courtship'

Duck Lips

The rise of 'memes'

Prioritizing frugality over preventing the price inflation of Dentist's cable bill

Perhaps waiting slightly too long to draft pitching in fantasy beisbol

Killing traditional gyms

Jrodicus's butthurt

Failing to note the negative impact of Communism on early-mid 1900s society

Not knowing things that other people know

global coffee shortage

not knowing things their parents failed to teach them

making food better

I will update the list indefinitely (both retroactively and going forward).  Please feel free to contribute.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Maybe every generation thinks the next one is the end of it all. Bet there are people in the Bible walking around, complaining about kids today."

--Roger Sterling

I'll hop on. Don't blame them so much as their mothers (and the hobbled men who allowed it) but, on the Millennial watch, care will overtake justice as the all-seeing eye of American society, and woe is us when it does.

I'll hop on. Don't blame them so much as their mothers (and the hobbled men who allowed it) but, on the Millennial watch, care will overtake justice as the all-seeing eye of American society, and woe is us when it does.
The hobbled men who allowed it. So true.

I'll be 33 in a couple of weeks and there are very few things I hate more than being lumped in with the millenials.

My generation played outside as kids. The iPhone didn't come out until after I graduated college.  There's no way I should be lumped into the same group as my 23 year old brother. Personally, I don't consider anyone over 25 a millennial. 

Can we define the term first?  When did GenX end?  I would argue GenX ended at roughly the point MySpace got 1 Million users.

I'll be 33 in a couple of weeks and there are very few things I hate more than being lumped in with the millenials.

My generation played outside as kids. The iPhone didn't come out until after I graduated college.  There's no way I should be lumped into the same group as my 23 year old brother. Personally, I don't consider anyone over 25 a millennial. 
Get Off My Lawn!!!!

AIDS

Ebola

WNBA

Woz

TLEF316

Gluten free/vegan tofu

Lumberjack imposters

Vanderbilt fans

my things are screen/pda related and how that makes them interact with society. older people seem to be more aware about how to engage and navigate the world around them- even with a phone in hand.

I'm constantly amazed at the yutes who really should be dead with how they walk down the sidewalk, subway, cross-walk, etc... oblivious to the world and people around them.

No, no.  I've been thoroughly told it was my fault for stating that Hillary is a "despicable person".  Clearly this statement has a ripple effect through everyone that voted in the primary and caused Trump to beat out the other Republican candidates and I have to accept my role in this and not say anymore bad things about Queen Hillary.

I'm blaming them for being dumb: http://dailysignal.com/2016/10/17/this-is-the-percentage-of-millennials-who-believe-george-w-bush-killed-more-people-than-stalin/

The survey also revealed a general lack of historical knowledge, especially among young adults. According to the report, one-third (32 percent) of millennials believed that more people were killed under George W. Bush than under Joseph Stalin.

When millennial respondents were asked about their familiarity with various historical communist figures, 42 percent were unfamiliar with Mao Zedong, 40 percent with Che Guevara, and 33 percent with Vladimir Lenin—three notorious figures in communist regimes. Among millennials familiar with Lenin, 25 percent viewed him favorably.
There's more within that link by the way.

"Mao? Was he the guy who came up with "LMAO?"

As one, I blame the education system mostly. And soft parents giving their kids whatever they want. My parents were pretty strict and I am glad that I am nothing like the majority of my generation. But yeah Ill double down and blame the soft parents and spoiling their kids which has caused them to become entitled little sh.ts, this is also what has caused everyone to be so touchy with their feelings. Cant say anything anymore without "insulting" or "hurting" someones feelings

My brother is 30 and is definitely a loser millennial. 

I'm 33. I've got the baseless optimism of millennials but the cold sarcastic cynicism of genXers. It's not a fun combo. 

TLEF316 said:

Classic millennial attitude.  Can't/won't even take responsibility for who and what they are.  Always blaming others for their short comings while simultaneously bashing others.  Going against logic and norms and saying that they are special and unique and shouldn't be grouped with others.

Don't Toews Me said:
I'm blaming them for being dumb: http://dailysignal.com/2016/10/17/this-is-the-percentage-of-millennials-who-believe-george-w-bush-killed-more-people-than-stalin/

There's more within that link by the way.

"Mao? Was he the guy who came up with "LMAO?"
i'll allow it, but only if 'using terribly designed surveys with stupid agendas and vague questions' can be an entry when the 'Things Baby Boomers have been blamed for' thread gets started.

no but seriously, I am sure the "Victims of Communism Memorial Foundation" got this one right.  

Grace Under Pressure said:
Memes have been around pre-millennials, no?
Most Memes are incredibly stupid.  Crying Jordan was funny for the first couple of days but has completely jumped the shark. 

Users who are viewing this thread