What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 8 IDP News/Updates (1 Viewer)

The Claymaker

Footballguy
So here we go, if you would like a different name for the thread please let me know, was the first thing that came to mind. 

A couple things, this is open to anyone to post in and please when you do post make sure we all know who you are referring to. 

Name/position/team then news or something like that.

Immediate Impact

Potential Fill in starter:

Julian Stanford LB NYJ 

Frank Clark DE Seattle

Kelcie McCray S Seattle

Jayron Kearse S Min

Robert Blanton S Buf

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Potential WW  Starter Now or in the Near Future
Returning from Injury:

Brandon Flowers CB SD

Jahleel Addae S SD

Dannel Ellerbe LB NOS 

Keep an Eye on:

Josh Bynes LB DET

Aldon Smith LB OAK 

Kyle Van Noy LB NEP

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday Active

Haden

Wilkerson 

R Ayers 

G McCoy

Last edited by a moderator:
In... 

Patriots just traded for Kyle Van Noy. Not likely to see anything more than special teams action unless an LB in front of him is injured (which has already been the case with both Hightower & Collins missing a game).

The Lions also added Josh Bynes. He was cut in preseason due to an injury. I'm not sure what he will do going forward but the Lions LB'ers other than Whitehead haven't been that good. Just something to keep an eye on. 

MIN DB Andrew Sendejo will be day-to-day with a ankle sprain

-Will want to check in on gameday, luckily has until the Monday night game this week.

Also to @The Claymaker, may be nice to edit the OP as In/Outs come in. Can always adjust through the week.

MIN DB Andrew Sendejo will be day-to-day with a ankle sprain

-Will want to check in on gameday, luckily has until the Monday night game this week.

Also to @The Claymaker, may be nice to edit the OP as In/Outs come in. Can always adjust through the week.
I was thinking we would just post and keep it running and start a new thread each week. Would you rather I just update the OP as the info comes in? I'm sure that would be a quicker reference point. We will see how it goes, if the actual news we want seems to be not quickly accessible, I will update it for ease of use. Does that sound okay? 

Potential starter about to resurface after being out about 6 weeks, Jahleel Addae Safety San Diego. Practiced last week and could play this week. Something to keep an eye on if you need safety/db help. 

For those in CB required leagues, Brandon Flowers is coming back this week after missing the last 4 games.

The Saints LB situation has been a complete cluster all year.  Just to make it less decipherable, it appears Danell Ellerbe is about ready to come back, although true to form with Saints LB news this year, the article doesn't really have any info on if he definitely will be back this week or what his usage might be.  He was a pretty good scorer in years past.  Last year too in the few starts he was able to make for NO.

NYJ ILBs Darron Lee and Bruce Carter are officially OUT vs. Cleveland this Sunday, leaving 26 year old Julian Stanford, just called up from the P-Squad last week, to make his first NFL start. Had a respectable 7 tackles (6 solo) last week off the bench, so there could be some sneaky value here until the other guys come back.

So, after GB's offense last week, I was kind of looking for some ATL DB's to grab, was considering Ricardo Allen.

Looking at points scored vs. GB, opposing SS have done really well.  With this short passing game, Keanu Neal might get 10 tackles this week.  Calling it!!

Also, John Norton had a good call in his column, regarding GB corners vs. ATL.  I'm starting Gunter this week, in for some guys with lesser matchups.  

what is the status of the GB lb situation.  is martinez growing into the MLB. or is this just going to be a time share the rest of the year and then GB will draft or add at MLB next year.  basically what is the dynasty outlook for martinez

what is the status of the GB lb situation.  is martinez growing into the MLB. or is this just going to be a time share the rest of the year and then GB will draft or add at MLB next year.  basically what is the dynasty outlook for martinez

wrong thread...try the snap counts thread. This one is for news.

Thanks.

Michael Bennett is OUT.

Frank Clark will likely get a full load of snaps. :yes:   Though Brees doesn't take a ton of sacks.

(How do I bench Bosa, Griffen or Sheard for him?)

UPDATE: Min DB Andrew Sendejo now downgraded to OUT with an ankle injury for Monday night vs. Chicago. Jayron Kearse will now step in at SS.

Rhodes is expected to shadow Jeffrey all day per Rotoworld.

Unlike Hoyer, Cutler WILL force it to Alshon, Rhodes should be a lock for a pick.

Schefter reported that Bennett is having his knee scoped. Looks like we'll get Clark for an extended stay. 2 to 3 weeks at a minimum. Giddy up!

BUF A-Aron Williams out versus Pats. Blanton certainly looks like someone who deserves our attention. Bills suggesting some sort of "mixing and matching" personnel in Williams' absence, but Blanton was first man up last weekend. With 7 solos on just 47% of snaps, an IDP friendly Bills stat crew, and his role likely to grow today at the very least, he could be a real find at DB today. Someone's gotta tackle Gronk. I think there's a real chance Williams doesn't return at all this year given his injury history. Blanton could be a stud the rest of the way if he can regain his 2014 form.

If we want to try and do this next week, I need someone else to do it as I will be working some Sunday morning and Saturday. :(  

I found it useful and I liked doing it, the problem is if I start it I have to update it and that may be an issue. 

Maybe just put a header in OP with "Last Updated @ ??:?? EST"

That way users could scroll down to see anything new and none of us is stealing your thunder

eta: Love the thread and will continue to contribute

Cowboys executive VP Stephen Jones said Monday that S Barry Church has fractured his arm and is expected to be out three to five weeks, via Dallas Morning News.

This is actually somewhat good news for the Cowboys, as there was a fear that Church’s injury could require surgery.

Church, 28, wound up signing on with the Cowboys as an undrafted free agent out of Toledo back 2010. He’s currently in the final year of his five-year, $12.94 million contract that includes $3.8 million guaranteed and will be an unrestricted free agent next year.

In 2016, Church has appeared in seven games for the Cowboys and recorded 45 tackles, two interceptions, a forced fumble and three pass defenses. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 17 safety out of 89 qualifying players.

Anyone have any faith in JJ Wilcox to replace Church? He's been on my watchlist all year because he was getting sub package LB snaps. He played 60 out of 70 snaps in week 6 against the Packers and only had 4 tackles. Only 2 tackles yesterday.

Lorenzo Alexander injured his hammie yesterday.  He was quoted as saying he had a similar strain before and he expects to play on Monday.

Cowboys executive VP Stephen Jones said Monday that S Barry Church has fractured his arm and is expected to be out three to five weeks, via Dallas Morning News.

This is actually somewhat good news for the Cowboys, as there was a fear that Church’s injury could require surgery.

Church, 28, wound up signing on with the Cowboys as an undrafted free agent out of Toledo back 2010. He’s currently in the final year of his five-year, $12.94 million contract that includes $3.8 million guaranteed and will be an unrestricted free agent next year.

In 2016, Church has appeared in seven games for the Cowboys and recorded 45 tackles, two interceptions, a forced fumble and three pass defenses. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 17 safety out of 89 qualifying players.
Morris Claiborne also went down for Dallas yesterday.  Called a groin injury last night but they are saying it might be a sports hernia situation.  He'll be out awhile

Meh, let's keep this one going, dunno if we need one every week.  Not getting too crowded in here, is it?
He said he wouldn't be able to update much this week...if we can get a reliable person each week then I'm fine with that, depending on traffic. I wouldn't ask you to take this as well, as you already have a good enough workload with the snap count thread. I can handle one giant thread myself the rest of the season if that seems the way to go. I'll be free each weekend to keep things updated.

Users who are viewing this thread