Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Koya

THE MCRIB IS BACK!!!

Man I like mcdoubles and quarter pounders, but know I can't eat them very often.  I love pork, but i hate those guarly gristle deals that I always find in them.  

And the sauce is like sweet ketchup.  

To say I hate them is too strong, but ...I don't wait for them and no longer order them.

14 hours ago, eoMMan said:

So the blog says that it won't be in Orlando but there has been a sighting in Kissimmee which is adjacent

7627 W IRLO BRONSON MEMORIAL PKWY    KISSIMMEE FL    YES!!!

• Like 1

There are few food items more divisive than the McRib.  

Even most of us who love them hate that we do... but dammit, we do.  Cardboard filler, some amount of what is best terms 'plastics' and sugary faux molasses sauce included.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, eoMMan said:

I live near Philly and nothing closer than DC area. Good thing a friend from HS is having a housewarming/new arrival party close to DC this weekend.

Yes, I just googled the address of where I'm going vs. the 11/1 McRib sighting in VA on that site. I gotta eat before I drive back on Sunday.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JaxBill said:

So the blog says that it won't be in Orlando but there has been a sighting in Kissimmee which is adjacent

7627 W IRLO BRONSON MEMORIAL PKWY    KISSIMMEE FL    YES!!!

Tough ask to get locals down to that clogged tourist trap just for a McRib.  I work probably 15-20 minutes from there, but I ain't making that drive at lunch.

30 minutes ago, Capella said:

haven’t stopped ####ing since. 

So much potential here.

• Sad 1

usually convince myself these are somehow good and get suckered into one when they come back around, but based on my experience last time it’s just gross and I think I’ll be passing

2 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

usually convince myself these are somehow good and get suckered into one when they come back around, but based on my experience last time it’s just gross and I think I’ll be passing

Absurdly gross. Couldn’t believe I was eating it. 

19 minutes ago, Capella said:

Absurdly gross. Couldn’t believe I was eating it. 

I’ve never had one, but it looks nasty. Is it like some kind of bastardized pressed pork sammich? 

Edited by Osaurus

1 hour ago, Osaurus said:

I’ve never had one, but it looks nasty. Is it like some kind of bastardized pressed pork sammich? 

I think in a factory they pour a pork liquid into a press to form it together. It is then absolutely slathered in a gross bbq sauce. Best (??) part of it is the onion and pickles on it. 

• Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Osaurus said:

For some reason I can’t paste on this board anymore but if you google how is McRib made their is a HuffPost video and article on it. 

1 minute ago, Capella said:

For some reason I can’t paste on this board anymore but if you google how is McRib made their is a HuffPost video and article on it. 

That doesn’t sound like something I want to watch.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

That doesn’t sound like something I want to watch.

Now imagine eating it 

• Sad 2

We didn't get them in Colorado last time around, but some clever couple went down the New Mexico and  bought 300 of them and sold them in town here. 

I think they are pretty good, but I usually eat two of them in one sitting and immediately regret that decision every time.  

If they substituted the McRib in place of the canadian “bacon” on the McMuffin and put it on the all-day breakfast menu, good lord I’d be all over that ish on my way home from the bar at night!  Who am I kidding, I’d smash that sober!

wait... you have canadian bacon on mcmuffins in the US, and we dont even have that in canada?

regardless, you should be getting sausage on it

If a fast food place needs to completely obscure something in a sauce to the point it's unrecognizable, you probably shouldn't be eating that.