What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Whitehead vs. Cravens (1 Viewer)

Arodin

Footballguy
Who's the better start tomorrow?

Cravens had a big game last week, but wondering whether that signals a changing of the guard, or if his usage was gameplan-specific.  Whitehead meanwhile started strong, but has been inconsistent of late.

I haven't looked too deep into on any tipoffs on game plan for the Skins, but Cravens would be interesting and preferred after his 60 snaps last Sunday, in terms of talent and better big play ability. I could see them use him to shadow Dak, kinda like they did at times against Rodgers last week. Plus, you know the Cowboys will sustain drives and pound the rock that is really good for linebackers and those that play close to the line. We saw John Norton touting both Ravens linebackers last week against Dallas as strong matchups, and I don't see any reason that Cravens wouldn't stand as a great matchup.

As for Whitehead he's had a solid "fantasy season" because of opportunity. There has been talk that Levy might play, but I don't really trust the Vikings to sustain drives or stick with the run with regularity. I'm sure you know but that's not a script you love for linebackers most of the time. At least I don't.

I'd role with Cravens if you play for a higher production this week. If you just need steady points to win, just go with Whitehead. Cravens has big play potential but if they go away from him in the game plan, he could to very little for you.

The Packers have no run game and are a pass heavy(iest) Offense... Cravens looks like it could be game specific.

I'd keep Tahir starting.

Norton agrees with Big Steel Thrill, who pretty much nailed my reason for hesitation on Cravens:

S'ua Cravens played 60 of 67 snaps against Green Bay but start Mason Foster this week against Dallas. As is normally the case Washington used their nickel as a base package against the Packers so Foster was on the field for a total of seven snaps. Dallas is the anti-Packers when it comes to offensive approach. They rarely use more than three receivers and will most often line up in double tight ends with two wide outs. This week Foster should be on the field 80-90% of the time with a high snap count and plenty of opportunity. When these teams met in Washington back in week two he had 10 combined tackles and assists. I expect a big game from Donte Whitner as well.
Thanks to both BigSteel and Seany for weighing in.  Decided to stay with Whitehead for now.

Users who are viewing this thread