What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR musical chairs on my team, how do I handle? (1 Viewer)

HutHutHike

Footballguy
I'm in a 10-team half-PPR league and have a good or bad problem depending on how you see it. I have four WR2's on my team and am having trouble figuring out which two to start this week:

Puka Nacua (vs PHI) - I feel he's the must-start out of the bunch, given the fact he's by far the most consistent and the highest scorer of my wideouts.

Jaylen Waddle (vs NYG) - The Giants have been terrible, so this could be a tempting matchup. However, the Dolphins have a lot of offensive weapons and Waddle hasn't struck gold yet.

Chris Olave (at NE) - He's the only option who's his team's #1 target, but I don't want a repeat of last week if Carr isn't playing healthy.

Nico Collins (at ATL) - Tough matchup against A.J. Terrell this week, but he scored 32 points on my bench last week.

Tank Dell (at ATL) - Chances are I don't start him this week, but if all the attention is on Nico, maybe Dell springs open for some big plays?

Which two should start for me this week? Furthermore, is it worth trading two of them for a #1 WR type like Ja'Marr Chase or Davante Adams?

For some additional context, we start 2 WR, 2 RB, and 1 Flex (which I burned with Brian Robinson). My team is well-stocked at RB (Bijan, Henry, Jonathan Taylor, BRob). The other big contenders are all lacking a consistent RB2 and have WR1's like Jefferson, Hill, AJ Brown, Sun God, and CeeDee Lamb. But I'm not sure I want to shore up one of their big weaknesses in the name of finding a WR1.

Last edited:
I'd rank your WR plays this week as:
Puka > Waddle > Dell > Collins > Olave

You should have had BRob in the RB slot instead of Flex because he played before everyone else...but I guess it doesn't matter when your flex play and backup flex player is for sure going to be an RB.

I wouldn't worry about helping someone improve their team...unless you're trading with The Guy that always wins the league or something.

RB2 is the most overrated and replaceable production in all of Fantasy Football. By disregarding your RB2 spot while drafting, you can stack big advantages pretty much everywhere else on your roster.

I would look to make a trade like you were saying...just don't trade for Ja'Marr Chase unless you get him heavily discounted!

Last edited:
I'd rank your WR plays this week as:
Puka > Waddle > Dell > Collins > Olave

You should have had BRob in the RB slot instead of Flex because he played before everyone else...but I guess it doesn't matter when your flex play and backup flex player is for sure going to be an RB.

I wouldn't worry about helping someone improve their team...unless you're trading with The Guy that always wins the league or something.

RB2 is the most overrated and replaceable production in all of Fantasy Football. By disregarding your RB2 spot while drafting, you can stack big advantages pretty much everywhere else on your roster.

I would look to make a trade like you were saying...just don't trade for Ja'Marr Chase unless you get him heavily discounted!

Thanks for the insight, some additional background on the RB2: I drafted Bijan and then Montgomery, Mostert, and BRob late. Picked up Kyren off waivers. Converted that into Henry and Jonathan Taylor (while holding onto BRob).

As for this week, I was starting Bijan and Henry regardless. I liked BRob’s matchup against the Bears, though that didn’t fully work out. I agree with you that acquiring Chase could backfire given how Burrow’s played.

Very well done assembling that RB stable the way you did (y)
Thanks! Once I got off to a hot start ,my plan became playing for December. As many posters here do, I give a struggling team a boost now in exchange for my getting an upgrade later.

Not to say I didn’t feel a certain way after Mostert’s 4 TD or Monty’s 3 TD game shortly after trading each, but I still won both weeks and positioned myself better later.

I'm in a 10-team half-PPR league and have a good or bad problem depending on how you see it. I have four WR2's on my team and am having trouble figuring out which two to start this week:

Puka Nacua (vs PHI) - I feel he's the must-start out of the bunch, given the fact he's by far the most consistent and the highest scorer of my wideouts.

Jaylen Waddle (vs NYG) - The Giants have been terrible, so this could be a tempting matchup. However, the Dolphins have a lot of offensive weapons and Waddle hasn't struck gold yet.

Chris Olave (at NE) - He's the only option who's his team's #1 target, but I don't want a repeat of last week if Carr isn't playing healthy.

Nico Collins (at ATL) - Tough matchup against A.J. Terrell this week, but he scored 32 points on my bench last week.

Tank Dell (at ATL) - Chances are I don't start him this week, but if all the attention is on Nico, maybe Dell springs open for some big plays?

Which two should start for me this week? Furthermore, is it worth trading two of them for a #1 WR type like Ja'Marr Chase or Davante Adams?

For some additional context, we start 2 WR, 2 RB, and 1 Flex (which I burned with Brian Robinson). My team is well-stocked at RB (Bijan, Henry, Jonathan Taylor, BRob). The other big contenders are all lacking a consistent RB2 and have WR1's like Jefferson, Hill, AJ Brown, Sun God, and CeeDee Lamb. But I'm not sure I want to shore up one of their big weaknesses in the name of finding a WR1.
Definitely start Puca. You just can't sit a guy with that many targets until Cupp takes over, which is likely not this week.

2nd, I'd go Waddle. He has to break out and this is his best opportunity so far this year. I can't imagine his floor is less than 15pts against the Giants.

I also have Olave and am sitting him this week for the same reason you mentioned. NE D is down a couple of key players, but Belichick always does everything possible to remove the opponent's best playmaker.

I worry the Stroud show is going to fizzle at some point and there is no way to predict if Dell or Collins will be the primary this week.

Please see mine... https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/last-flex-j-downs-c-sutton-d-waller-g-kittle.810652/

Users who are viewing this thread