What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

3-Team Trade? (1 Viewer)

qdaddyo

Footballguy
14-team PPR
Lineup is 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1FLX, 1TE, 1PK, 1DF

Roster
QB - Josh Allen
RB - Travis Etienne Jr., Breece Hall, Javonte Williams, Zack Charbonnet, Devin Singletary, Jaleel McLaughlin, Rico Dowdle
WR - Ja'marr Chase, CeeDee Lamb, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Jaxon Smith-Njigba
TE - Trey McBride
PK - Brandon Aubrey
DF - Dallas Cowboys

Consider me Team 1. I will be trading with Team 2 and Team 3.

Team 1 Give: Nico Collins, Devin Singletary
Team 1 Get: Kyler Murray, Tank Dell

Team 2 Give: Kyler Murray
Team 2 Get: Nico Collins

Team 3 Give: Tank Dell or Christian Kirk
Team 3 Get: Devin Singletary

Old Lineup
QB - Josh Allen
RB - Travis Etienne Jr., Breece Hall
WR - Ja'marr Chase, CeeDee Lamb
FLEX - Javonte Williams
TE - Trey McBride
PK - Brandon Aubrey
DF - Dallas Cowboys
Bench - Nico Collins, Devin Singletary, Zach Charbonnet, Rico Dowdle, Rashee Rice, Jaxon Smith-Njigba

New Lineup
QB - Josh Allen
WR - Ja'marr Chase, CeeDee Lamb
FLEX - Javonte Williams
TE - Trey McBride
PK - Brandon Aubrey
DF - Dallas Cowboys
Bench - Kyler Murray, Tank Dell/Christian Kirk, Zach Charbonnet, Rico Dowdle, Rashee Rice, Jaxon Smith-Njigba

1. pro: I get a backup QB when Josh Allen is on bye or in case anything occurs; being a 14-teamer, the only QB on the wire are Zack Wilson, Demond Ridder, Mac Jones, Gardner Minshew, etc.
  2. pro: My WR depth stays intact with replacing Nico Collins with Tank Dell/Christian Kirk; I can try to peel Garrett Wilson or DJ Moore from him, instead of Tank or Kirk
  3. con: I lose RB depth
  4. con: Ja'marr Chase probably won't be as effective with Burrow out, so is Collins or Dell safer?

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I like the Kyler upside but when are you going to use it. Tank is an upgrade IMO and Kyler has nice week 16 and 17 matchups, but would you really sit Allen? I like having extra depth at RB, but I suppose depth at QB is good. So a mild "yes."

Is there any way you can package Chase and Singletary for one of the big WRs?

@ultraviolet - I'm "very mildly" concerned that Buffalo can't get things going and they decide to sit Allen because of his shoulder issue. Probably won't happen, but it's in the back of my mind.

I could maybe do the following:

- Ja'Marr Chase
- Devin Singletary
for
- Travis Kelce
- Russell Wilson

New Lineup
QB - Josh Allen
WR - Nico Collins, CeeDee Lamb
FLEX - Travis Kelce
TE - Trey McBride
PK - Brandon Aubrey
DF - Dallas Cowboys
Bench - Russell Wilson, Javonte Williams, Zach Charbonnet, Rico Dowdle, Rashee Rice, Jaxon Smith-Njigba

If this is dynasty I would do the first trade mentioned. I trust Tank more than Nico. You lose out on singletary but I don’t think he’s a long term solution in Houston. I would not tough the second trade you mentioned with Chase. In fact even in redraft I don’t think I like the second one. I would rather ride with McBride even though Chase now has Browning throwing him the ball.

I don't really see the point of the deal. At this point in the season I am trying to improve my starting lineup not my depth. This deal is primarily a deal to get QB depth that you don't need.

I made the deal.

Team 1 Give: Nico Collins, Devin Singletary, Jaxon Smith-Njigba
Team 1 Get: Kyler Murray, Tank Dell, Waiver Order Swap A, Waiver Order Swap B, Draft Order Swap

Team 2 Give: Kyler Murray, Waiver Order Swap B
Team 2 Get: Nico Collins

Team 3 Give: Tank Dell, Waiver Order Swap A, Draft Order Swap
Team 3 Get: Devin Singletary, Jaxon Smith-Njigba

FYI...it's a redraft league.

I had to include JSN, but I received two waiver order swaps for the remainder of the year AND the ability to swap draft spots for next year.

Yeah, my depth at RB shrinks; I'm not thrilled with that. I decided to sell high on Singletary. Could definitely bite me in the ***, but that's a risk I'm willing to take. Having that 2nd QB gives me piece of mind, especially having been burnt in playoffs over the past 3 decades with QB injuries. In addition, the Burrow owner and I are vying for a playoff spot and this takes the last of the upper tier QBs off the board for him to try and grab.

Essentially, an "insurance" move instead of a "betterment" move.

I also could end up flipping Allen or Murray and another asset for an even better asset if the opportunity arises.

New Lineup
QB - Josh Allen
WR - Ja'Marr Chase, CeeDee Lamb
FLEX - Javonte Williams
TE - Trey McBride
PK - Brandon Aubrey
DF - Dallas Cowboys
Bench - Kyler Murray, Tank Dell, Zach Charbonnet, Rico Dowdle, Rashee Rice, Demario Douglas*, ???

* Forget to include Demario Douglas in my initial post

Users who are viewing this thread