What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Predict the Playoffs (1 Viewer)

Jman18980

Footballguy
AFC

1. NEP

2. KC

3. PIT

4. HOU

5. OAK

6. MIA

NFC

1. DAL

2. ATL

3. SEA

4. GB

5. NYG

6. WAS

WILDCARD WEEKEND

PIT over MIA

HOU over OAK

SEA over WAS

NYG over GB

DIVISIONAL ROUND

PIT over KC

NEP over HOU

NYG over Dal

ATL over SEA

CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND

NEP over PIT

NYG over ATL

SUPER BOWL

PATRIOTS finally beat the GIANTS (I hope)

If you have the Redskins in, that means they beat the Giants this week. That would make NYG 3-5 on the road. Then they would go on the road and beat GB, DAL, and ATL in consecutive weeks? I'm not seeing it.

Giants are locked in at 5.  I think they take the week off.

Admittedly I'm going on past results where they play up and down all year and then catch fire in the playoffs.  Ala 2007 and 2011.  This team reminds me of those teams. 

Oak over hous

pitt over mia

Sea over Wash

Gb over NYG

Division

Ne over Oak

Pitt over Kc

GB over Dall

Sea over Atl

conference

Pitt over NE

Gb over Sea

Super

Pitt over GB

Giants are locked in at 5.  I think they take the week off.

Admittedly I'm going on past results where they play up and down all year and then catch fire in the playoffs.  Ala 2007 and 2011.  This team reminds me of those teams. 
Why would that take the week off after the way they played against the Eagles?

Pitt over Mia

Oak over Hou

Wash over Sea

Gb over NYG

division round

Pitt over kc

Ne over oak

Dallas over washington

Gb over atl

Chamionship games

Ne over pitt ( has Tomlin EVER beaten BB??)

Gb over Dallas

Superbowl

Gb over NE 

I think SEA is finished.Washington is a hot team and plays well on the road.

Gb is the playoff darling this year. Rodgers has his swagger back and looks all-world..they look like the 07 and 11 Giants..

Cowboys getting no respect in this thread. 

WILDCARD WEEKEND

PIT over MIA

HOU over OAK

SEA over WAS

GB over NYG

DIVISIONAL ROUND

PIT over KC

NEP over HOU

DAL over GB

ATL over SEA

CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND

NEP over PIT

DAL over ATL

SUPER BOWL

DAL over NEP

Seattle over Washington 

Green Bay over NY Giants 

Houston over Oakland

Pittsburgh over Miami

Atlanta over Seattle

Green Bay over Dallas

Kansas City over Pittsburgh

New England over Houston 

Atlanta over Green Bay

Kansas City over New England

Atlanta over Kansas City. 

Food for thought...weird stuff happens in the playoffs more often than not. It's not easy predicting who will be hoisting the Lombardi.

Denver was the #1 seed (going into the last week they could have fallen to #6), had the worst starting QBs of any playoff team, first in interceptions thrown, didn't know who their QB was going to be for the playoffs, had lost 4 of 7 at one point, and oddsmakers listed them as having the 5th best chance to win the SB.

New England was blown out by KC Week 4, beat the 4-12 NYJ by 1 point in Week 16, 5-3 on the road, faced the defending champs in the SB.

Seattle smoked everyone from start to finish.

Baltimore lost 43-13 to the Houston Texans, lost four of last five games, lost 34-17 to the Denver Broncos, they weren't in the top ten in most team categories, 4-4 on the road.

New York Giants went 9-7, were outscored by six points over the course of the season,lost five of six games in the middle of the year, lost four games by double digits, including 49-24 to the Saints. 4-4 at home, 32nd in rushing, 25th in points allowed, swept by a 5-11 Redskins team, lost to the 7-9 Seahawks and 8-8 Eagles, then had to win road playoff games against 15-1 Green Bay Packers and 13-3 San Francisco 49ers, the latter because of this garbage call.

10-6 Green Bay Packers started 3-3, lost 3 of 4 games late in the year, 24th in rushing, 28th in yards per carry allowed lost by a score of 7-3 to the 3-10 Lions, went 3-5 on the road, then needed three road playoff wins just to make the Super Bowl.

Seattle over Washington 

Green Bay over NY Giants 

Houston over Oakland

Pittsburgh over Miami

Atlanta over Seattle

Green Bay over Dallas

Kansas City over Pittsburgh

New England over Houston 

Atlanta over Green Bay

Kansas City over New England

Atlanta over Kansas City. 
You had me until then.  There is no way on God's green earth that KC survives Pittsburgh and then goes to New England and has a miracle. 

And then, if by some divine intervention both these things occurred, and then they crap the bed in the Superbowl?  Come ON, man!

Last edited by a moderator:
You had me until then.  There is no way on God's green earth that KC survives Pittsburgh and then goes to New England and has a miracle. 

And then, if by some divine intervention both these things occurred, and then they crap the bed in the Superbowl?  Come ON, man!
I think they match up well with New England, good pass rush, corners that are very good at shutting down the quicker routes. If Gronk was healthy I would take New England no doubt. I don't think they crap the bed in the Superbowl either, I think Atlanta's O-line, Julio and Gabriel are the difference. 31 - 26.

AFC

1) NE   2) KC   3) Pitt   4) Hou   5) Oak   6) Mia

NFC

1) Dallas   2) Atlanta   3) Seattle   4) GB   5) Giants   6) Washington

Wild Card Rd

Pitt over Miami

Oakland over Houston

Green Bay over Giants

Seattle over Washington

Divisional Rd

NE over Oakland

KC over Pitt

GB over Dallas

Atlanta over Seattle

Conference Championships

NE over KC

GB over Atlanta

Super Bowl

GB over NE

AFC 

1. NEP

2. KC

3. PIT

4. HOU

5. OAK

6. MIA

NFC

1. DAL

2. ATL

3. SEA

4. GB 

5. NYG

6. DET

WILDCARD WEEKEND

PIT over MIA

HOU over OAK

SEA over DET

GB over NYG

DIVISIONAL ROUND

KC over PIT

NEP over HOU

ATL over SEA

GB over DAL

CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND

KC over NE

GB over ATL

SUPER BOWL

KC over GB

Pittsburgh is tougher imo than a gronkless Patriots. KC/PIT should be the best game of the playoffs. I do agree that pitt/ne back to back is probably the toughest pair of games. 

So far every single prognosticator in this thread has predicted an Oakland loss this weekend against a depleted and downtrodden Denver team. Ye of little faith.

I'm waiting for the regular season to end. The playoffs are hard enough to predict without even knowing the slotting.    

eta* See LawFitz above me. What does Denver have to play for other than draft position and next year?  

Oh, okay. Forget it. I reserve the right to change once the playoffs start. 

AFC

1) NE

2) KC

3) Pitt

4) Hou

5) Oak 

6) Mia

Wild Card 

Pitt over Mia

Hou over Oak

Divisional 

NE over Hou

Pitt over KC

Championship

Pitt over NE

NFC

1) Dal

2) Atl

3) Sea

4) GB

5) NYG

6) Was

Wild Card 

Sea over Was

GB over NYG

Divisional 

GB over Dal

Sea over Atl

Championship 

GB over Sea 

Super Bowl

GB over Pitt

Hate 'em. Have no business winning.... But somehow, the Seahawks do it again. 

Just like when I called BAL

DIVISIONAL ROUND

DAL over SEA
Seattle would never play Dallas in the divisional round.  If SEA wins they automatically play ATL regardless of who wins the other game.

Seattle would never play Dallas in the divisional round.  If SEA wins they automatically play ATL regardless of who wins the other game.
Dammit.  I had the Lions winning, then edited and didn't account properly. 

As far as Roethlisberger goes, he and the Steelers are completely different teams playing at home vs. on the road. Over the past 3 seasons when Big Ben has played:

Steelers 16-5 record at home, 14-10 on the road.
Scored an average of 31.3 at home and allowed 22 ppg (margin of victory of 9.3 ppg).
Scored an average of 22 points on the road and allowed 20.5 ppg (margin of victory of 1.5 ppg).

Average of 339 passing yds/gm with 60 TD to 18 INT in 21 games at home with a 109.7 QB rating.
Average of 270 passing yds/gm with 24 TD to 22 INT in 24 games on the road with an 85.8 QB rating.

The seeds are not locked yet so I'll wait, however I do think neither Dallas nor Seattle make the NFCC game. I hate atl on principle so that leaves GB or Det vs NYG or Was. 

In the Afc the lack of quality QBing makes picking anyone besides NE, Pit or KC problematic. Up front I like NE vs KC but again let's await the final seeds.

So far every single prognosticator in this thread has predicted an Oakland loss this weekend against a depleted and downtrodden Denver team. Ye of little faith.
And on top of that, majority have them losing to Houston. Carr is a big loss, but Houston may be one of the worst playoff teams in recent memory IMO.

AFC:

1. Patriots

2. Chiefs

3. Steelers

4. Houston

5. Oakland

6. Miami

Miami over Pittsburgh

Oakland over Houston

Patriots over Miami

Chiefs over Oakland

Patriots over Chiefs

NFC:

1. Cowboys

2. Falcons

3. Seahawks

4. Packers

5. Giants

6. Redskins

Giants over Packers

Seahawks over Redskins

Giants over Cowboys

Falcons over Seahawks

Falcons over Giants

Super Bowl LI:  Falcons over Patriots

AFC Wild Card

PIT > MIA

HOU > OAK

NFC Wild Card

SEA > DET

GB > NYG

AFC Divisional

NE > HOU

PIT > KC

NFC Divisional

ATL > SEA

GB > DAL

AFC Championship

PIT > NE

NFC Championship

ATL > GB

Super Bowl

ATL > PIT

I'm surprised so many people here have GB beating Dallas. Dallas not getting any respect except from like one poster.

This is the most horribly presumptive thread I've seen in a while. WAS is out. Looking like DET is going to win tonight to take the 4 seed. Hit the redo button on this thread.

AFC is just gross, some really mediocre teams.

Steelers over Dolphins

Texans over Raiders

Chiefs over Steelers

Patriots over Texans

Patriots over Chiefs

Seahawks over Lions

Giants over Packers

Giants over Cowboys

Falcons over Seahawks

Falcons over Giants

Patriots over Falcons

As much as I would love one more Pats/NYG SB, I'm going each of the top 2 seeds to conferences, and both #1's to SB. And NE gets their 5th. No way a first time inexperienced team beats out NEP this year.

As much as I would love one more Pats/NYG SB, I'm going each of the top 2 seeds to conferences, and both #1's to SB. And NE gets their 5th. No way a first time inexperienced team beats out NEP this year.
Did you just describe a franchise tied for most Super Bowl appearances ever as "a first time inexperienced team?"

GB over NYG
Seattle over Detroit
Pittsburgh over Miami
Oakland over Houston

GB over Dallas
Atlanta over Seattle
New England over Oakland
KC over Pittsburgh

GB over Atlanta
NE over KC

NE over GB 

NYG over GB                                                              NYG over Dall

Seattle over Det                                                          Atl over Seattle                                        NYG over Atl                            NYG over NE

Pitt over Miami                                                            KC over Pitt                                             NE over KC

Oakland over Houston                                                NE over Oak

Pitt over Miami

Houston over Oakland

Seattle over Detroit

Green Bay over Giants

Round 2

New England over Hou

KC over Pitt

Dallas over GB

Sea over atlanta

Round 3

New England over KC

Dallas over Sea

Super Bowl--assuming both teams are healthy

Dallas over NE

My two weakest confidence levels are actually in the Detroit/Seattle prediction--as well as my prediction of Dallas beating Green Bay in round 2.    I'm also bummed about the Carr situation in Oakland.   I feel like that team could have made some real noise if he was healthy.  

GB over NYG                                                              DAL over GB

SEA over DET                                                             ATL over SEA                                        ATL over DAL                            NE over ATL

PIT over MIA                                                               KC over PIT                                           NE over KC

HOU over OAK                                                           NE over HOU

Steelers > Fins

Texans > Raiders

Seahawks > Lions

Packers > Giants

-

Steelers > Chiefs

Pats > Texans (lol)

-

Packers > Cowboys

Seahawks > Falcons

-

Pats > Steelers

Seahawks > Packers

Pats > Seahawks

-

Plenty of upset picks, but none involving NE. Don't see them being stopped, especially considering it's HFA and neutral field all the way. 

I won't go through every round, but I think the Cowboys beat the Giants in the NFC Championship, and the Steelers beat the Patriots in the AFC Championship.

Steelers over Cowboys in the Super Bowl. Of any pick I could make, I feel most confident that Pittsburgh is going all the way.

Can we group the teams? 

1. Which teams do we agree have virtually no shot?  

- Oakland, houston, Miami

2. Which are the strongest contenders?

- NE, KC, Pitt, Dallas, Green Bay, Atlanta

3. Could cause upsets, could compete but would be a mild surprise if they won it all. 

- Giants, Seahawks, Lions

Would anyone disagree?  

Can we group the teams? 

- Oakland, houston, Miami

- NE, KC, Pitt, Dallas, Green Bay, Atlanta

3. Could cause upsets, could compete but would be a mild surprise if they won it all. 

- Giants, Seahawks, Lions

Would anyone disagree?  

- DET, HOU, MIA, OAK

Detroit hasn't won a road playoff game in 59 years. The other three don't have a playoff caliber QB.

- ATL, DAL, NE, PIT

All of these teams have offenses that are either explosive or can dominate the game flow. ATL, DAL & NE are the strongest teams in the playoffs & PIT is the hottest.

- GB, KC, NYG, SEA

GB is a popular pick to go deep but I don't believe they have a good enough defense. KC and NYG have good defenses but it's not enough to compensate for their weakness at QB. Seattle has looked very weak at times this year.

For those folks that adhere to the "hot down the stretch" or "what have you done for me lately" concept, here are the team numbers for each team's last 6 "real" games. For example, Week 17 games for PIT and DAL are not included.

Team, W-L, Scoring Differential per game, Net Yardage, Net Turnovers

Code:
Team	W	L	Pts	Yds	TO
NEP	6	0	16.7	638	11
GBP	6	0	12.2	17	14
PIT	6	0	10.2	701	-2
ATL	5	1	16.2	407	8
KCC	5	1	7.2	-9	3
DAL	5	1	6.8	72	4
NYG	4	2	3.7	6	5
OAK	4	2	0.3	-5	6
MIA	4	2	-3.2	-590	-2