What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best speculative QB add (dynasty) (1 Viewer)

Which is most likely to eventually be a viable fantasy starter?

• Matt Barkley

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Trevone Boykin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Connor Cook

• Mike Glennon

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Christian Hackenberg

• Matt McGloin

• Bryce Petty

• Total voters

Arodin

Footballguy
Deep league, so QBs have some long-term value.  Also means the waiver wire is mostly picked bare.  I've got room for one of the above...which is most likely to pay out as a starter in the next 2-3 years, and why?

From that list Glennon seems to be getting the most buzz:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18325532/nfl-2016-chris-mortensen-adam-schefter-week-16-notebook-five-best-coach-year-candidates

QBs that will draw most interest this offseason

Quarterbacks expected to be available this offseason include Colin Kaepernick, Jay Cutler and Romo. Yet the quarterbacks who likely will draw the most interest are New England's backup Jimmy Garoppolo, Cincinnati's backup AJ McCarron and Tampa Bay's backup Mike Glennon, none of whom were first-round picks. Garoppolo, McCarron and Glennon are all 27 or under and possess what personnel people perceive to be great upside.

Glennon is an unrestricted free agent and could fetch $13-15 million per year on his next deal -- maybe more depending on the number of teams bidding.

My vote is for Glennon here.  I like Garoppolo the best but think he'll only be the best add if somehow he ends up with McDaniels on each of their next stop.  I think McCarron would be  a great addition to a team with a stout defense.

If Barkley didn't turn the ball over like it was hot potato over the last couple weeks he would be the easy choice.  The Bears are going to have weapons and I think they move on from Cutler and like Barkley.  I think I still go that direction out of the choices you have mentioned with Glennon a close second.  I could see some team taking a shot at him since he does have NFL experience and looked adequate.

Users who are viewing this thread