What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rebuild Advice (1 Viewer)

Matt's Eagles

Footballguy
Decided to blow my team up when I started 1-5.... I think 17 will be a cellar dweller year....What moves would you make? 

I am thinking of moving Maclin and DJax if I can find an owner

12 team dynasty PPR TE bonus, start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex

QB.  Romo

RB Crowell, Sims, Sproles, Dixon, Henry, Smallwood, Perkins, Jonathan Williams

WR D Adams, Maclin, DJax, Sharpe, , Shepard, JJ Nelson, Decker, Stills, Inman, Core, Enuwa

TE JT, Jesse James, Adams, Swope

picks 1.10,  4 3rds,  2 5ths

i know its ugly.....but looking for some advice

only offer out there so far is

i get Meredith and pick 1.12, 3.7

i give Adams

Maclin Djax decker. If you can get anything for JT, Sproles and Romo I'd take it. I'd blow this thing up completely. 

As for the Adams deal it's not bad. Can you get more from this guy who has made the offer? Adams had a nice year and is trusted by Rodgers but man he has had some bad drops. I'd try to move him as he's not a guy I'm building around but probably would need more bullets then the offer on the table.

The guys I would try and build around would be:

• Dixon, Henry, Perkins
  • Adams, JJ Nelson, Shephard
Eveything else is available.  You need to go after underachieving 2nd/3rd year guys with upside that you believe will take the next step.  I say this because you can usually get these guys cheaper than more proven talent and if you can evaluate talent/situation you can get some gems.  I would focus on WR's.   I think your young RB's are solid and will all have good roles moving forward. I wouldn't worry too much about TE because you can always find a serviceable guy on waivers.  It's not worth giving up assets for the marginal benefit.  I also don't see any issue with going after older QB's because they are cheaper and people usually go after the shiny new toys that are unproven and inconsistent. 

I don't like the deal for Adams because he is in a great offense with a great QB that trusts him.  The other pieces are not that.  I would want a more impact pick package to move him. 

Good Luck.

Decker and Djax will be the one's you'd want to move first. Djax is almost certain to leave Washington. I'd wait and try to sell him once he signs to a new team and if he lands in an exciting spot you could sell him for a bit more than you could now.  If you're wanting to truly blow up the team moving on from your younger guys like Adams is the best way to acquire a good haul of draft picks. Even though it's a lot easier said than done.  You could also try packaging those thirds you have with a player to try to move up into the first round. If you're looking further down the road try to pick up early 2nd round picks that are worth a lot more come draft time. I usually don't have too much of a problem moving those early 2nds for a 1st rounder next year.

I can trade DJAX right now for the below, but think I could possibly get a 2nd rounder dependent on what team he signs with...your thoughts?  wait or take these later picks now:

Darius Jackson or Terrell Watson plus

2017              Picks 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.7

2018               3rd, 4th, 5th rounder....probably pick 7-12 each round

I would not trade Adams.  I feel he has become Green Bay's most valuable WR this year and he is already a young piece.  I'm not very excited about the DJAX offer because it's just a lot of junk.  I understand that an old WR doesn't hold much value but there is no way you will ever find room to roster all the junk long enough to see what works out if you move 1 player for a player and 7 late picks.  I would try to counter something where the offer is slimmed down to a couple of better picks.

I thing the real ugly part is you said you gutted this team yet you are only holding a late first round pick and have a bunch of 3rds and a couple 5ths.  I would try to keep Adams and Sims and trade just about anything else but you need to get some earlier picks for what you have.

I can trade DJAX right now for the below, but think I could possibly get a 2nd rounder dependent on what team he signs with...your thoughts?  wait or take these later picks now:

Darius Jackson or Terrell Watson plus

2017              Picks 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.7

2018               3rd, 4th, 5th rounder....probably pick 7-12 each round
I'd probably hold Djax over that and see where he is come free agency.

Surprised Dixon is holding his value. Couldn't get past the competition of west this year and they seem to want to get more from the rb spot which usually means more competition. 

Surprised Dixon is holding his value. Couldn't get past the competition of west this year and they seem to want to get more from the rb spot which usually means more competition. 
That is a good point. I read somewhere they desire a more explosive big play RB so this might be something they add into the mix.

Users who are viewing this thread